Here is why, as an Adventist, I believe America is in Trouble.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Have the writings of Mrs. White done something to harm you or someone you know personally or are you indulging in the common, unfortunate, ad hominem bigotry that is so easily wielded to call down fire from heaven upon the imagined and dreaded heretics?
7th Day Adventist, "The Cult" Of Ellen G. White The (False Prophetess)

Anybody believing her self proclaimed 2,000+ dreams and visions is out to lunch, just to mention one

The investigative judgement, false doctrine

Sunday observance is the mark of the beast, false doctrine

Souls Sleep, false doctrine

The list goes on and on

Jesus Is The Lord

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s interesting that SDA’s are always trying to convince everyone else what their doing is right; as if they aren’t sure themselves and they need others to agree with them.

Interestingly ironic. Seventh-day Adventists have spent billions of dollars "doing" the business of preaching and teaching the Everlasting Gospel, and building hospitals and schools around the world. A new member is baptized every 22 minutes; a new meeting house goes up every 2 1/2 hours.

I'm pretty sure we're sure. ;)

To God be the glory!!

Reactions: Brakelite

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7th Day Adventist, "The Cult" Of Ellen G. White The (False Prophetess)

Anybody believing her self proclaimed 2,000+ dreams and visions is out to lunch, just to mention one

The investigative judgement, false doctrine

Sunday observance is the mark of the beast, false doctrine

Souls Sleep, false doctrine

The list goes on and on

Jesus Is The Lord

So, ad hominem, then. ;)

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Interestingly ironic. Seventh-day Adventists have spent billions of dollars "doing" the business of preaching and teaching the Everlasting Gospel, and building hospitals and schools around the world. A new member is baptized every 22 minutes; a new meeting house goes up every 2 1/2 hours.

I'm pretty sure we're sure. ;)

To God be the glory!!

So, you are trying to convince me...? Guess I was right :rolleyes:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you are trying to convince me...? Guess I was right :rolleyes:

So, you are suggesting that I'm trying to convince you of facts that anyone who really wants to know can just look up?

I don't need to be right.

To God be the glory!!

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you are suggesting that I'm trying to convince you of facts that anyone who really wants to know can just look up?
I didn't ask nor did I want to know. You gave them to me in order to prove something about SDA's...
You were trying to convince me of their righteousness as if they represent the Philadelphia church and do no wrong.

Many churches do everything you listed. They should, its a good thing. I never said SDA's don't do things that are good. So do Jehovah Witnesses. :eek:

Reactions: Truth7t7

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Sunday Law, I've read that free pamphlet in the mail. It's full of so many scriptural holes. More religious conspiracy theories and scare tactics.
Think I still have a copy that I outlines all the mistakes in it. - Need to find it in my bookshelf

Edit: found it.
National Sunday Law by Jan Marcussen

Example: Page 4 and 5 focus ONLY on America as the only country sin happens. Not scriptural

Reactions: Truth7t7

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 3 says:
Here we have a nation that is springing up out of the wilderness area.

It later calls this country America. No source is given. No scripture but ALL conjecture and opinion. Nothing fact based.

Page 3
And he had two horns like a lamb.
The lamb like horns indicate youth, gentleness and represent civil and religious freedom.

False and no source given. Again, all opinion. You should know lamb's do not have horns and the reason it has horns....you know what, I wont even say.

Page 11
The dragon represents Rome

No facts, sources given. More opinion. All speculation

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even after those doctrines are legislated through the state?

That isn't going to happen. There is NOTHING in biblical prophecy about anything like that. Nothing.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is it necessary for Protestants to recognize the RCC as the one true church for them to confederate with them in the issues surrounding the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation?

No.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In an effort to bring this back around to my original reply to your comment (since there seems to be a pattern of dodging, hyper-criticism, insults, and ascribing motive):

SDA’s are always trying to convince everyone else what their doing is right; as if they aren’t sure themselves and they need others to agree with them.

I didn't ask nor did I want to know.

I'm sorry you are forced to endure reading replies that say things you didn't want to know. But how could we be spending "always" kind of time "convincing," if we're so busy "doing" the things about which you "didn't ask nor want to know?"

You gave them to me in order to prove something about SDA's...

No, I merely gave evidence that Adventists usually have much better things to do than "convince everyone else what their doing is right; as if they aren’t sure themselves and they need others to agree with them." The building of schools, hospitals, and even churches (tends to discourage crime, you know) is generally quite welcome and affirmed, without any need for "convincing" at all. The only reason we're able to do these things is because God blesses and administers His righteousness to those who seek Him earnestly. This can be received by anyone, anywhere, and at any time.

You were trying to convince me of their righteousness as if they represent the Philadelphia church and do no wrong.

(My, what an overstated mind reading you have there.)

No, I was simply rebutting your statement about what you claim Adventists are "always" "doing."

And what do the churches of Asia Minor have to do with the topic at hand? This seems like a diversion to draw away attention from your previous claims. The Adventist church views itself as merely a sub-section of the overarching end-time church that has the characteristics of the Laodicean church, by the way (not a cue to debate this view here).

Many churches do everything you listed.

Although I wasn't using those things as a comparison to other churches (but merely as a rebuttal to what you claimed Adventists are "always" "doing"), to be accurate, you will find that no other Protestant denomination is as active in healing, teaching, and preaching the Everlasting Gospel the world over. As Protestantism is ever growing more fragmented, and yet more ecumenical at the same time (odd paradox, is it not?), Adventism is growing and becoming more organized. Makes one wonder (or two, maybe). :)

To God Be The Glory!!

They should, its a good thing.

Agreed

I never said SDA's don't do things that are good.

And I never said you did. You implied that Adventists have some extreme driving need for human affirmation of whatever it is that they "do." We don't. If you misspoke, why not just say so and move on? As things stand, you're virtually hopping around like a Mexican Jumping Bean.

Please try to keep your reply somewhat limited to the issues I brought up in my original reply to your comment. Baseless criticism and diversion are not conducive to effective communication. If you're not interested in that, you could just say so.

Last edited:

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But how could we be spending "always" kind of time "convincing," if we're so busy "doing" the things about which you "didn't ask nor want to know?"
Are you doing those things now? On this thread? I don't see it. Just trying to convince.,,

The only reason we're able to do these things is because God blesses and administers His righteousness to those who seek Him earnestly.
As I said, almost all denominations do this as far as I have personally seen, read and heard about.

This seems like a diversion to draw away attention from your previous claims.
Diverting? Nope.

you will find that no other Protestant denomination is as active in healing, teaching, and preaching the Everlasting Gospel the world over.
It's not the denomination that is holy, but the workers. And I know countless workers that do and are not SDA's. If you honestly think that is true, I'm not sure where you get that information from, but it's not accurate. I will say, anyone with true faith in Christ and whoever uses their time for Him -That includes soul winning, preaching the gospel, is a good thing.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think Christian nationalism and politics in general is a problem. But I don’t deal in conspiracy theories. I also realize many churches are on the wrong track: Protestant, Baptist, Assembly of God, Catholic, Seventh Day Adventist and so on.
I'm not sure what conspiracy theories you are referring to. Conspiracys are by definition secret, hidden behind the closed doors of the conspirers yes? Christian Nationalism is far from secret, and has been with us to a lesser or greater extent since at least since the mid to late 19th century that I know of, being a main component of the politics of some leaders in the women's temperance movements. I wouldn't even call that a conspiracy, let alone a theory.
Today those ideas have become mainstream within very wide Christian circles, so nor could it be called a theory. It's just politics.
Now if you want to talk about a real conspiracy, the work being done behind the scenes by Satan and his agents to destroy protestantism through the various Catholic orders and societies, then we could do that. Thing is, somewhere along the line there will be found connections between the overt and the secret.
I suggest you do a little research on the current plans (overt) by the current pope, following in the footsteps of his 3 predecessors, to establish Sunday sacredness as a legislative enactment, enshrining it in law in all nations. It isn't being promoted overtly of course as a religious holy day, he knows the world will not accept that, but as a climate Sunday...a day of secular observance and rest for the common good of family, society, and the environment? Then the covert side of the issue becomes effective... Enforcing man made commandments and doctrines instead of God's. And the Christian nationalist movement will go right along with that, not even needing to care too much about the environmental side of things, but will enact legislation to support and promote Christian morality upon the nation...
Now you say that such a concept isn't in the bible. Yet Revelation 12 through to 14 reveals a number of cogent realities that coming together portrays just such a scenario if you read it without preconceived prejudices.

Reactions: quietthinker

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest you do a little research on the current plans (overt) by the current pope, following in the footsteps of his 3 predecessors, to establish Sunday sacredness as a legislative enactment, enshrining it in law in all nations.
I realize this may be something examined more in SDA circles than others. SDA authors whose books describe “Sunday Law”, and “Sunday Worship” as being wrong are in my opinion bias and wrong themselves. Of course you will not agree because SDA workshops or teachings promote it, no different than a Church promoting Pre-TB. That doesn’t mean I’m against people in the SDA that love my Lord. I just disagree with their interpretation of certain things.

My opinion on the position of Pope is not good. But that’s a different conversation.

If someone came alone to make Sunday a type of sabbath, how would I feel? It’s not necessary. We worship in spirit, not in letter. I don’t want something deemed “Christian” mandates on non believers or believers. People should want to do things and let the HS change a man. Laws enacted do not change the inner man. And certainly laws enforced on non believers only cause anger. Any Christian typed example of how we ought to be should never be forced.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize this may be something examined more in SDA circles than others. SDA authors whose books describe “Sunday Law”, and “Sunday Worship” as being wrong are in my opinion bias and wrong themselves. Of course you will not agree because SDA workshops or teachings promote it, no different than a Church promoting Pre-TB. That doesn’t mean I’m against people in the SDA that love my Lord. I just disagree with their interpretation of certain things.
Amen. SDA's are fine people, great Christians. Doctrine is definitely off.

My opinion on the position of Pope is not good. But that’s a different conversation.

If someone came alone to make Sunday a type of sabbath, how would I feel? It’s not necessary. We worship in spirit, not in letter. I don’t want something deemed “Christian” mandates on non believers or believers. People should want to do things and let the HS change a man. Laws enacted do not change the inner man. And certainly laws enforced on non believers only cause anger. Any Christian typed example of how we ought to be should never be forced.

SDA interpretation of the GT is as if it's against them and their specific beliefs when the biblical language doesn't match that at all.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With respect, if that's your conclusion, it's based on your misunderstanding of what we teach.

I disagree. SDA thinks it's the saints of the GT, the only ones who are saved Christians (with possible exception of the minority that also keep the Saturday Sabbath) with laws that interfere or go directly against SDA theology.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I think this will offer some real insight into where we're coming from, and to what is actually taking place in the world as we speak. All that is taking place today fits perfectly into the Adventist eschatological framework that was based on scripture and established in our teachings 120-160 years ago. In all that time we have had no reason to change our basic prophetic structure... Although some details have certainly come as a surprise... Such as the remarkable government responses to COVID Worldwide and the speed with which final events are unfolding... Although Ellen White told us that the final events would be rapid ones.