Heresy or error?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You were gone for a day or so and I had to look real hard for anyone to argue with. Lol.

…the righteousness of God has been revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, but it is the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe. He let the sins previously committed go unpunished; for the demonstration, that is, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Rom_3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Rom_5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Rom_8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom_10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Rom_10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

Gal_2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Php_1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Php_3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

2Pe_1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You were gone for a day or so and I had to look real hard for anyone to argue with. Lol.

…the righteousness of God has been revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, but it is the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe. He let the sins previously committed go unpunished; for the demonstration, that is, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
2 Corinthians 5:21, "He [God] made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

Here we have a double imputation. God imputed our sins to Christ who knew no sin. And God imputed his righteousness to us who had no righteousness of our own.

You might not agree.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:21, "He [God] made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."
so that we might become.
I cut up vegetables to do a stir fry sometime later. I put them in the refrigerator so that later they might become a stir fry.
Are they a stir fry right now? No.

So that we “might become” is not the same thing as we “already are.”
It just isnt.
And actually, you already KNOW that. You know how I know you already know it? Because you repeatedly call bull on men who say they “already are.” Which is good. But you take it a step further and say no man ever can, has or will. So it’s a hope problem. There is trust, hope and true love. They come to us in that order.

Last edited:
Reactions: David H.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, I ask, WHAT was counted to Abram as righteousness? Or in other words, WHAT did Abram do that God said was right/righteousness?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He believed God. There is no "merit" in faith, you are merely admitting to the truth of things.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so that we might become.
I cut up vegetables to do a stir fry sometime later. I put them in the refrigerator so that later they might become a stir fry.
Are they a stir fry right now? No.

So that we “might become” is not the same thing as we “already are.”
It just isnt.
And actually, you already KNOW that. You know how I know you already know it? Because you repeatedly call bull on men who say they “already are.” Which is good. But you take it a step further and say no man ever can, has or will. So it’s a hope problem. There is trust, hope and true love. They come to us in that order.
Well Said: It is in the Baptism of fire that those vegetables become a stir fry. By submitting to the fire they reach their potential. That fire is the work of the holy Ghost in us that "tenderizes and cooks those vegetables". I Love this analogy.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He believed God. There is no "merit" in faith, you are merely admitting to the truth of things.

Much love!
Not going to get into merit. What I do know is that Israel didn’t enter the land because of a lack of faith. I also know that without faith, it’s impossible to please God.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I do know is that Israel didn’t enter the land because of a lack of faith. I also know that without faith, it’s impossible to please God.
Yes. These are straightfoward in the Bible, I'd say.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God looked at the fact that Abraham had believed Him when He told Abraham that he'd have so many descendants, and in response counted Abraham as righteous, even though Abraham was corrupted by original sin, and having committed his own sin, yet God counted him righteous. Did that somehow mean Abraham was uncorrupted by sin? No. All have sinned and fallen short of God's glory. Abraham was no exception. Yet God counted him to be righteous. Did God become blind? Begin to pretend? No.

There is a deeper and better answer than that.

Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity!

Philippians 3:9 KJV
9) And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Much love!

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh my gosh…we still haven’t understood you saying there is no merit in trusting God. Now you’re onto something else.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh my gosh…we still haven’t understood you saying there is no merit in trusting God. Now you’re onto something else.
Do we agree that faith is not a work that earns reward? Or is that how you understand faith? I wouldn't think so, but that doesn't always mean anything.

Anyway, I'm just posting some of my thoughts. But if there is something you or the others don't understand feel free to ask.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see Abraham believing God under the expectation that this would obtain righteousness for himself. I see Abraham believing God because he found God to be credible. And God, on His Own, counted Abraham righteous.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God looked at the fact that Abraham had believed Him when He told Abraham that he'd have so many descendants, and in response counted Abraham as righteous, even though Abraham was corrupted by original sin, and having committed his own sin, yet God counted him righteous. Did that somehow mean Abraham was uncorrupted by sin? No. All have sinned and fallen short of God's glory. Abraham was no exception. Yet God counted him to be righteous. Did God become blind? Begin to pretend? No.
God accepts men who trust Him.
Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity!
Thank God for Jesus’ Blood.
Philippians 3:9 KJV
9) And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Much love!
I’m too tired to go over it again right now.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we agree that faith is not a work that earns reward?
No…we don’t agree. If a LACK of it REMOVED the reward of entering what God had prepared for Israel, then it follows that there are rewards for trusting God.
Im not going to do this with you tonight. You know It’s not the best thing for us to discuss things too much. You end up getting offended and think I’m harming your reputation and smearing your name. You’re just too easily offended if I don’t agree with you. It happens every single time. Too tired right now.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You end up getting offended and think I’m harming your reputation and smearing your name. You’re just too easily offended if I don’t agree with you.
You and epi keep using this line, it's nothing more than gaslighting to keep repeating this over and over.

G'night!

Reactions: Keturah