Heresy or error?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lambs BELIEVE GOD , the TESTIMONY HE GAVE OF HIS SON . THEY BELIEVE and it is counted to them as righteousness .
MADE RIGHTEOUS IN JESUS . Aint nothing else gonna save ya .
BELIEVE YE in HE WHO GOD DID SEND .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and epi keep using this line, it's nothing more than gaslighting to keep repeating this over and over.

G'night!
Gaslighting is trying to convince someone they didn’t see or hear what they saw or heard. It’s trying to make someone doubt reality, doubt their perceptions, think they’re crazy.

Its not gaslighting if what someone says happened is what has happened.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gaslighting is trying to convince someone they didn’t see or hear what they saw or heard. It’s trying to make someone doubt reality, doubt their perceptions, think they’re crazy.

Didn't happen, never did, and if you think I'm wrong show the posts. Or let it go. One or the other.

I personally think that you bought into Epi's continual claims of this, and now carry it on yourself.

Gaslighting is also for others. I tell others that you've done such and such, and I keep saying it as my cover, that I can have a "valid" reason for bowing out of the convo. That's also gaslighting.

But the fact is the history you claim doesn't exist, and you will not be able to show otherswise no matter how many fruitless hours you spend on it.

So your continued claims, if you want a different word than gaslighting, try slander for size, see if that fits.

They way you and Epi and David make this out, no one can say anything about some misbehavior unless they are all offended themselves.

The fact is this is a linguistic device used as a weapon. "These personal comments aren't good for discussion", says one. It's Ad Hominem, a fallacy, therefore empty. "OH, you're just mad!", says the others, having given themself a reason to not have to address the truth.

May we once and for all put this personal denigration behind us? Just continue on without it?

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Johann and Keturah

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't happen, never did, and if you think I'm wrong show the posts. Or let it go. One or the other.

I personally think that you bought into Epi's continual claims of this, and now carry it on yourself.

Gaslighting is also for others. I tell others that you've done such and such, and I keep saying it as my cover. That's also gaslighting.

But the fact is the history you claim doesn't exist, and you will not be able to show otherswise no matter how many fruitless hours you spend on it.

So your continued claims, if you want a different word than gaslighting, try slander for size, see if that fits.

May we once and for all put this personal denigration behind us? Just continue on without it?

Much love!
Yes it did, Nope, Nope, nope, yes, more like bribing but okay, yes it does, I wouldn’t spend time on it anyway, nope haven’t slandered you, apparently not ,now I’m a slanderer, no we can’t continue on without it - your fragile ego will have none of that.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tried to. You won’t let it happen. You just return to the vomit over and over rather than avoiding what stirs up your flesh. I’ve tried to help you by ignoring you but after some weeks or months you always try to converse with me again and I remind you how bad it goes, with you claiming everyone who disagrees with you slanders you, which, by the way, you just did again - accused me of slander because I once again reminded you our conversations always end the same way and I think it’s wise to avoid them.

Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
with you claiming everyone who disagrees with you slanders you,
This is another of those things. Flat out not true, yet you speak it.

This is you saying such things, not me. I've suggested slander as a name to apply for when someone says negative untrue things about another. You've replied by saying I claim everyone who disagrees with me slanders me.

Can you see the difference? What more can be said here?

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is another of those things. Flat out not true, yet you speak it.

This is you saying such things, not me. I've suggested slander as a name to apply for when someone says negative untrue things about another. You've replied by saying I claim everyone who disagrees with me slanders me.

Much love!
The religious outer man does what he is meant to do...protect the carnal life that one has learned to live by and depend on. But that man must be crucified to allow the inner man to belong to Christ.

Much discernment (in love).

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then know and understand that this woke agenda is gaslighting . cause i know a boy or a man when i see one or a girl and a woman ,
yet they try and convince me otherwise . They make us try and seem crazy . But i know no girl is a boy
no boy is a girl , no woman is a man and no man is a woman no matter how hard they try and convince themselves or me .

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tried to. You won’t let it happen. You just return to the vomit over and over rather than avoiding what stirs up your flesh. I’ve tried to help you by ignoring you but after some weeks or months you always try to converse with me again and I remind you how bad it goes, with you claiming everyone who disagrees with you slanders you, which, by the way, you just did again - accused me of slander because I once again reminded you our conversations always end the same way and I think it’s wise to avoid them.
SBG, just let Marks have his way with his words. I have interacted with Marks for many years now. He is a moderator on another forum which is in the process of dying a slow death.

One time on that forum Marks asked for a particular prayer to be prayed by its members to obtain from God a particular outcome that he wanted. I, in the spirit saw that God was challenging Mark to change his attitude. Mark, the puppeteer, on this occasion, got what he asked for and he was happy.

Marks needs to feel secure and safe, in his "own righteousness," and does not like to be challenged. Sometimes it is just best to remain silent and let God do the correcting without defending your previous posts. Remember, accusing another poster, that is attacking the person instead of the content of their posts, is just a false argument on their part. Just sing, "Let it go, let it go . . . . . .". I am sure that you know the musical from which these words come.

Shalom

Last edited:
Reactions: stunnedbygrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I look at what is held up and offered as displays of spirituality, all I can say is, sitting around badmouthing others isn't it. Maybe lashing out is the best some people can produce.

Study the meaning of Love, and study the fruit of the Spirit, and seek God for help.

Much love!

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@marks

Telling a story of a previous interaction is offering a critique about that person, particularly when no criticism of the other person was offer or hinted at in that story being told. Only the facts as I understood them, was given.

If you want to rebut my post, then simply tell your story from your point of view, without "nicely" bad mouthing them in your post above.

Now have a good day now, Mark

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. @marks is really getting the shaft in this thread.

People are throwing his beliefs and his flaws around to ignore some very valid points that he makes.

By their fruits you shall know them.

What is the fruit of the Spirit? Good character?

What is the fruit of the flesh?

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, and I address this to everyone who has given their unkind words to others.

Much love! That's what we should be showing, not just stepping on people when we - for whatever reason - don't like what they say.

This is a valid point but for whatever reason the tide of opinion has turned against marks so I guess we're just going to dismiss everything he says, biblical or not.

The problem is, he's right in this instance. If we don't follow Jesus' command to love one another, how can we call Him Lord?

Reactions: Keturah

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This podcast was incredible! I know I talked about some concerns about you but this was honestly really good.

I like your emphasis on balance between human responsibility and divine grace. I rejected hyper grace teachings and upon reflection, I know it's possible that I now err too much on the side of human responsibility.

I also like your criticism of various church movements like the Reformation. Ive been to a lot of Protestant churches and my husband and I have not found a church where there's proper balance. I also agree that James 2:24 should prove that its not just 'faith alone'.

It's hard to be in this place where you don't belong to a denomination so your explanation of the errors in the Reformation was really helpful.

I agree that we should not be using grace as a license to sin and that grace teaches us to deny ungodliness. Not that we just never sin again from the word go, but as we walk in the Spirit, we can go long periods of time without sin (even years). Im glad you were able to put that into words.

Another thing you mentioned was spiritual brotherhood as oppose to clergy and laity. Yeah. We need that today. The pastor should not be the one doing everything spiritual in a congregation.

You made a lot of good points in the podcast. Well done on that.