Heresy within Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who support "truth" have no need to "shout". The only truth is in Christ, and since more are in church than in Christ shows you how little truth there is.

Hi there-
Using all caps for a word, is called shouting, by someone who decided all caps should be called shouting.

All Caps in a word have been used for centuries for multiple reasons, from emphasis, highlighting attention, people with poor eyesight, displaying anger, and now includes yelling, with the personal jab of that always being rude.

Just saying, anyone should be able to comprend the intent of another using caps, by the body of the written comment, without simply claiming the other is yelling and rude, because some person claimed that was "their" intent.

I find it funny people are offended by "yelling". I can imagine a venue crowded full of people, all getting an emergency text saying;

the building is on fire

And the responses of how polite the warning was!

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy and charity

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Limiting “your neighbor” to your family, church family or people who agree with you?

Who exactly should your neighbor be? In The Old Testament, someone's neighbor should have been another Hebrew servant of God. In early Christianity, one of the first things Christians may have done was segregated themselves from the pagan people's who were in The Dark. They built Christian communities. Your neighbor should not be non-Christians. What business does the light have with the darkness?

• 8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (Ephesians 5:8)
  • then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. (Philippians 2:2)

The Book of John used to be required knowledge around 1880 or so at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. Men were interested in "A City Upon a Hill" and Christian culture. When people are growing in Faith with God they have tended to think more alike. After John Dewey and some others maybe.........there was a shift. Who is someone becoming one mind with, and who should be your neighbor?

An enemy may still be an enemy. Loving your enemy may be giving him spiritual food and water. We keep ministering to him, and praying for him. It may be that a POW in war is treated relatively well. An enemy is still an enemy.

Reactions: Waiting on him

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
'But this I confess unto thee,
.. that after the way which they call heresy,
.... so worship I the God of my fathers,
believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
.. And have hope toward God,
.... which they themselves also allow,
...... that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
And herein do I exercise myself,
.. to have always a conscience void of offence

.... toward God, and toward men.'
(Acts 24:14)

Hello there,

Above is a portion of Paul's defence before the Governor Felix, in which he answers the accusations brought against him by his own countrymen. However, it is the way that Paul worshipped God that they called heresy, and which made him in their eyes a 'heretic'. He worshipped God the Father, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, who was self confessedly 'the way, the truth and the life', for no man could come to the Father but by Him. He was a stumbling block to the Jew (1 Peter 2:6-8). They stumbled at 'the word'( 1 Peter 2:8) concerning the Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore the fault was in them, and not in the one they accused of heresy.

Those who use the word 'heresy' in regard to their fellow believers., should examine their motivations in so doing, and make sure that they are not also at fault.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

'
Very insightful, and well written!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello @Seasoned by Grace,

With respect to you, that does not mean that a careful examination of the reason for that accusation should not be made, by looking within one's own heart, before making it. In order to be sure that it is a true statement, born of the truth of God's word, and not the result of doctrines held by tradition, by the accuser, which have themselves no basis in Scriptural fact.

I say this to you @Seasoned by Grace, not that I believe you guilty of this, or that I am pointing the finger at any other member by so doing, but because I feel that the accusation 'Heretic' is a strong one indeed, and should be used with care.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Well said Charity, ...but I think that you should have come down a lot harder on him. I know that it's not your temperament to do so, but he deserved it. Your words were wise in the post that he responded to, but he rebutted with absolute, and unrelated nonsense. In other words, although you were originally not intending to point anyone out, he truly incriminated himself in regard to your accusation, by his reply.

Reactions: Nancy

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The word HERETIC or HERESY I use here is not an accusation, as if what I say MAY BE TRUE, I use the word HERESY or HERETIC or HERETICAL as a STATEMENT of FACT after I have compared words and statements, and conclusions used here as the speakers facts, which instead contradict the TRUE WORD OF GOD.

Can you tell the difference between the truth and a lie.

Others have spoken up about the heretical idea's that come across these pages to CONTEND for the truth and to DEFEND the truth as "APOLOGISTS" who hate lies, so can I do any less and support those who also stand for the truth.

Jesus died for the TRUTH, is it such a big thing to stand and defend what HE died for in my place. I THINK NOT???
I'm convinced SBG, that you are an absolute heretic. For heresy is a very profound concept, considering the source that defines it: the Bible. Therefore, to be so dogmatic as you were about it, under such a broad context as of the OP, reveals your ignorance and inability to understand the complexity of the situation.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, those who claim to have the Holy Spirit are deluded, self-promoting, and the antithesis of being indwelt with the Spirit.

Your dogmatic, naive and incompetent statement quoted above, shows how unreasonable and devoid of wisdom that you are.
If it's not for your doctrinal stance itself, it's for the impetuousness and utter simplicity of your remark, that indicts you of the inability to discern the truth behind God's Word.
You sound extremely foolish.

Last edited:

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm convinced SBG, that you are an absolute heretic. For heresy is a very profound concept, considering the source that defines it: the Bible. Therefore, to be so dogmatic as you were about it, under such a broad context as of the OP, reveals your ignorance and inability to understand the complexity of the situation.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, those who claim to have the Holy Spirit are deluded, self-promoting, and the antithesis of being indwelt with the Spirit.

Your dogmatic, naive and incompetent statement quoted above, shows how unreasonable and devoid of wisdom that you are.
If it's not for your doctrinal stance itself, it's for the impetuousness and utter simplicity of your remark, that indicts you of the inability to discern the truth behind God's Word.

SERIOUSLY
red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif
default_24.gif
:)

Thank you.
I do love a good laugh.

You must be incredibly insecure about yourself and your faith with all that anger and hatefulness bottled up inside of you.

How can you be a Christian when God says to love your brothers, your enemy's and all those who hate you and persecute you.
We are known by the love we have for one another.
How can you say you love God whom you can't see, when you don't love your brother who you can see
I guess this is the new normal of denial to the truth so anyone who wants can RAGE on anyone they wish.

I think a "THERAPIST" would do you a world of good and then find a forum of false believers and you'll fit right in.

People like me are secure in our faith that God has brought to us and have no need to defend any of our faith, or to fight back against false accusations like yours.

You sound like the temple priests who attacked Jesus with all kinds of false accusations.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
SERIOUSLY
red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif
default_24.gif
:)

Thank you.
I do love to laugh.

You must be incredibly insecure about yourself and your faith with all that anger and hatefulness bottled up inside of you.

How can you be a Christian when God says to love your brothers, your enemy's and all those who hate you and persecute you.
We are known by the love we have for one another.
How can you say you love God whom you can't see, when you don't love your brother who you can see
I guess this is the new normal of denial to the truth so anyone who wants can RAGE on anyone they wish.

I think a "THERAPIST" would do you a world of good and then find a forum of false believers and you'll fit right in
Well, I call them as I see them.
And there is a hypocrisy to your sentiments.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)I was just lowering myself to your standards.:)

Are we having fun yet??o_O

You know, we could probably be friends if you weren't such a "JERK"
default_swordfightsmiles.gif
LOL

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:)I was just lowering myself to your standards.:)

Are we having fun yet??o_O
You know, we could probably be friends if you weren't such a "JERK"
default_swordfightsmiles.gif
LOL
I was just pointing out the irony.
A principle that I have attempted to impart for the longest while.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
One interesting heresy within Christianity is Theistic Evolution which denies that there was an actual Adam and Eve, but humanity started with thousands of human beings. If that is so, then there could not be an actual disobedience to God which gave rise to original sin. And if there is no original sin, then there is no need for salvation, because what are we being saved from if there is no original sin? Why then did Jesus come? Theistic Evolutionist believe that there was sickness and death in the world right from the start and it was this sickness and death that supports evolution because it is based on survival of the fittest. So, he believes that Jesus came to restore the true creation and to make us perfect human beings.

So, what is the basis of this? Humanism! This is the basis of psychology as well, as we know, was founded upon atheistic views, because the founders were atheists.

So what these pseudo-christian theistic evolutionists are adopting an atheistic theory to teach how the universe and our world was formed. Therefore their religion is not Biblical, and their Jesus is one of their own imagination and not the Jesus Christ of the Bible.

So, Theistic Evolution is a heresy that has invaded the Christian church.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm convinced

Matthew 5:22....but whoever shall call a man a fool shall be in danger of hell fire itself and damnation.

I think if your going to call yourself a Christian in front of all these folks and embarrase yourself real badly as you have, at least you could do is start readin' your bible so you at least know what your talkin' about, even if you don't believe it.

I still think we could be friends, but man you need some serious help on how to treat people a bit more kindly son or your goin' straight to hell with no apologies from God at all, cause right now your earnin' it.

You wanna be friends, you let me know and we'll work on it, cause man, you need some serious help.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One interesting heresy within Christianity is Theistic Evolution which denies that there was an actual Adam and Eve, but humanity started with thousands of human beings. If that is so, then there could not be an actual disobedience to God which gave rise to original sin. And if there is no original sin, then there is no need for salvation, because what are we being saved from if there is no original sin? Why then did Jesus come? Theistic Evolutionist believe that there was sickness and death in the world right from the start and it was this sickness and death that supports evolution because it is based on survival of the fittest. So, he believes that Jesus came to restore the true creation and to make us perfect human beings.

So, what is the basis of this? Humanism! This is the basis of psychology as well, as we know, was founded upon atheistic views, because the founders were atheists.

So what these pseudo-christian theistic evolutionists are adopting an atheistic theory to teach how the universe and our world was formed. Therefore their religion is not Biblical, and their Jesus is one of their own imagination and not the Jesus Christ of the Bible.

Now I know your a good man, but it's about time you start speakin' common English, and quit tryin' to show off, you know usin' all those big words.

We're here for each other, not for ourselves.
Any of you ever heard what GOD has to say about "UNITY" in the body??

I don't see much of any here, just a bunch of folks tryin' to show off, and I'm getting real tired of it.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Now I know your a good man, but it's about time you start speakin' common English, and quit tryin' to show off, you know usin' all those big words.

We're here for each other, not for ourselves.
Any of you ever heard what GOD has to say about "UNITY" in the body??

I don't see much of any here, just a bunch of folks tryin' to show off, and I'm getting real tired of it.
Kicking me instead of the "ball" (the issue) destroys your credibility. A person who believes in evolution is not a member of the body of Christ because he doesn't believe in the God of the Bible. So, attacking me doesn't change the truth of that.

Reactions: Stumpmaster

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Yes, I see how you derived that conclusion. That would be a competent approach in determining what is heretical, i.e. starting with the fundamentals of Christian theology. So that, any system that denies or contradicts the defining principles of Christianity, that is, leading to rejection on the Day of Judgement, would undeniably be deemed as heretical.
Of course, I imagine that there are fundaments not shared by all denominations, or, at least, different perceptions of critical tenets. As in, Christologies can differ, Soteriologies can differ, one's view of God can differ.
I stated earlier that, what one defines as their theology, reflects a great deal about their perception of God.
And therefore, can elicit either glory and praise to Him, or insult and defame Him.
What we believe, reflects the heart (Luke 2:34-35).

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes, I see how you derived that conclusion. That would be a competent approach in determining what is heretical, i.e. starting with the fundamentals of Christian theology. So that, any system that denies or contradicts the defining principles of Christianity, that is, leading to rejection on the Day of Judgement, would undeniably be deemed as heretical.
Of course, I imagine that there are fundaments not shared by all denominations, or, at least, different perceptions of critical tenets. As in, Christologies can differ, Soteriologies can differ, one's view of God can differ.
I stated earlier that, what one defines as their theology, reflects a great deal about their perception of God.
And therefore, can elicit either glory and praise to Him, or insult and defame Him.
What we believe, reflects the heart (Luke 2:34-35).
I am currently attending a Union (Presbyterian/Methodist) church where its minister does not believe in a literal Adam and Eve, and preaches that Jesus has come to make us better human beings in the world community. He comes from the Methodist side and I think the invasion of the heresy is more widespread in that denomination. I am waiting to be invited to preach and when I do, I will be preaching God's Word so that the people see what God's Word truly says.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 5:22....but whoever shall call a man a fool shall be in danger of hell fire itself and damnation.

I think if your going to call yourself a Christian in front of all these folks and embarrase yourself real badly as you have, at least you could do is start readin' your bible so you at least know what your talkin' about, even if you don't believe it.

I still think we could be friends, but man you need some serious help on how to treat people a bit more kindly son or your goin' straight to hell with no apologies from God at all, cause right now your earnin' it.

You wanna be friends, you let me know and we'll work on it, cause man, you need some serious help.
You're the one posting the diatribes. Although, it's only on occasion, and typically, you have gentle and kind words to share, but sometimes you just stir up the bees. Which is fine, when warranted do so, but do expect controversy and scrutiny.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul Christensen

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am currently attending a Union (Presbyterian/Methodist) church where its minister does not believe in a literal Adam and Eve, and preaches that Jesus has come to make us better human beings in the world community. He comes from the Methodist side and I think the invasion of the heresy is more widespread in that denomination. I am waiting to be invited to preach and when I do, I will be preaching God's Word so that the people see what God's Word truly says.
Yeah, that amazes me, what was once a rather conventional Church, I believe under Whitfield, has turned into this.
...you know that you're not going to be asked back, eh?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I hear you, but....

I think the problem many Christians do not want to face is that a literal Adam and Eve is genetically impossible. So we are having to face the facts, not only does the story of Adam and Eve resemble a creation story, it does not match up with a scientific description of reality. Also, the theology of Original Sin was unknown before Augustine. I happen to believe in Original sin, but our awareness as a species of our sin could have developed along with our conscience....almost 500 year after Christ