HERESY?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since it was Jesus' last day on earth as a human, just when was He able to institute the New Covenant and how we are to replace sacrifices and feast with "communion" ---- after he was crucified? Really??
it does not mean they did

They were celebrating the feast of unleavened bread. If any leavan was in the room. people would have questioned it.. THEY understood it to be the Passover meal.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Merriam didn't participate in the written word.
He wasn't a theologian.
You should trust theologians, they know what words meant in Jesus' time.
I don't trust trinitarians who obviously abuse language. Jesus was created. John 3:16 tells us so explicitly. It's just that trinitarians come up with this ridiculous claim that one who is begotten is not created. They are synonyms as I showed.

The only problem is that Scripture goes against your heretical doctrine. That is why you have to abuse language and treat synonyms as antonyms.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not in scripture. You avoided the point altogether.
Nope

You made assumptions

I only went with what the word said.

It said they prepared the feast of unleavened bread and Passover meal.

So in context. I MUST look to the OT to see how that was to be set up.

If it does not FIT the OT requirement, Then it was NOT a Passover or unleavened bread meal.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't trust trinitarians who obviously abuse language. Jesus was created. John 3:16 tells us so explicitly. It's just that trinitarians come up with this ridiculous claim that one who is begotten is not created. They are synonyms as I showed.

The only problem is that Scripture goes against your heretical doctrine. That is why you have to abuse language and treat synonyms as antonyms.
How could jesus be created, yet existed before abraham was born?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
lol

When Jesus was in the upper room, celebrating the fiest of unleavened bread. They were still under the Old covenant.

we are talking about that supper. Not the sacrifice of almighty.
I think that by this time Jesus knew that a new church would have to be established.

He came for other sheep that were not of the flock.
Remember the parable of The Wedding Banquet.

Reactions: Moriah's Song

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Nope

You made assumptions

I only went with what the word said.

It said they prepared the feast of unleavened bread and Passover meal.

So in context. I MUST look to the OT to see how that was to be set up.

If it does not FIT the OT requirement, Then it was NOT a Passover or unleavened bread meal.
Some believe the Passover was on Friday.
You?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could jesus be created, yet existed before abraham was born?
The Earth existed before Abraham was born. How could that be?

I find your question to be the False Alternative logical fallacy. For some reason, you’ve convinced yourself there can only be one answer. In fact, there are many legitimate answers.

Scripture says God new us before we were born, before the foundations of the Earth were laid. How is this possible if we are not God?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that by this time Jesus knew that a new church would have to be established.

He came for other sheep that were not of the flock.
Remember the parable of The Wedding Banquet.
This is true

But in the upper room. he was celebrating the feast of unleavened bread and passover with his disciples

That MUST be taken in context. In doing so . he had to obey the rules.

If he brought leavened bread to a Passover mean and unleavened bread feast. He was not celebrating either He was doing somethign else.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Earth existed before Abraham was born. How could that be?

I find your question to be the False Alternative logical fallacy. For some reason, you’ve convinced yourself there can only be one answer. In fact, there are many legitimate answers.

Scripture says God new us before we were born, before the foundations of the Earth were laid. How is this possible if we are not God?
Jesus said before abraham was, He always existed.

How can that be if he was created 2000 years ago..

You have not given me any answer.

Your illogical question does not compute. I was not before abraham was, even though God knew me before.. so it does nto work that way.

Gods omniscience does not make me an eternal being. I was born when I was born.

Abraham was born when he was born.

Using your example. Jesus could not be before abraham, because abraham would be known when jesus was known

Reactions: GodsGrace

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said before abraham was, He always existed.

No, he did not say that. He said I am. Beyond that, Scripture tells us Jesus is the first born of all creation and wait for it ... Jesus is said to be the son of God. Sons come after their father, not with their father's existence.

I know your doctrine requires abusing language. I'll pray for you.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, he did not say that. He said I am. Beyond that, Scripture tells us Jesus is the first born of all creation and wait for it ... Jesus is said to be the son of God. Sons come after their father, not with their father's existence.

I know your doctrine requires abusing language. I'll pray for you.
1. Saying I am should have meaning. It means nothing if it just means he is here now
2. He did not just say I AM. He actually said Before abraham was (in the greek the word ginomao - to become to take place to be formed, to be born to be created) I WAS (in the greek Ego Eimi - interestingly enough, the greek septuigine uses these exact same words in their greek translation of the OT when God told Moses his name Ego Eimi - it means literally ego (I) eimi (I am) or in other words. I have always been (hence the double I0 Ego Iemi was seen as the name of God. it is why the people pocked up stones to stone him for blasphemy, as he claimed to be God himself.)

abusive language? So now your on attack mode? You can't truly answer my question so you have to attack.

SMH

Reactions: GodsGrace

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Saying I am should have meaning. It means nothing if it just means he is here now
2. He did not just say I AM. He actually said Before abraham was (in the greek the word ginomao - to become to take place to be formed, to be born to be created) I WAS (in the greek Ego Eimi - interestingly enough, the greek septuigine uses these exact same words in their greek translation of the OT when God told Moses his name Ego Eimi - it means literally ego (I) eimi (I am) or in other words. I have always been (hence the double I0 Ego Iemi was seen as the name of God. it is why the people pocked up stones to stone him for blasphemy, as he claimed to be God himself.)

abusive language? So now your on attack mode? You can't truly answer my question so you have to attack.

SMH
Just quoate the gospel of JOHN to this man . The first chapter .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I have never really thought of it. I believe it was passover week. I have heard thursday and friday. Ths issue is the 3 days and night. and risen Sunday morning.
I have an explanation for this which is totally mine and should not cause any discussion IF you should want to hear it.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I have never really thought of it. I believe it was passover week. I have heard thursday and friday. Ths issue is the 3 days and night. and risen Sunday morning.
I think I'll look into this a little.
I also never gave it much importance,
But it's good to continue learning.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Seems like some of these posts are not really about heresy.
It's fine with me.
One thing leads to another...
It's still good.
I found out about the leavened bread being reconciled with Passover which may not have been on Thursday.