Hey Everybody! Owner of the Site here!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Honestly, even the book description fooled me into thinking it was some polytheist thing. I contacted the ad agency telling them to take it down and they had to explain it to me.
ya, the title lol
guess we can dig up a review…The Return of the Gods
might do. The author of The Harbinger, oh. Forgot his name i guess. That was a great book imo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How do you do that?

Somebody told me how to do it and it worked for me. @Wrangler

For users of the Windows Edge browser...

You can block the ads by using the "InPrivate" settings. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of the Edge window. Select "New InPrivate Window". When the new tab comes up, click on the "Always use “Strict” tracking prevention when browsing InPrivate" setting. (You only have to do this once; Windows will remember the setting.) After this, always browse using the InPrivate tab.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I simply installed Duck Duck Go......
No ads,no spam,g mail protected as well as any sites that track.
DDG has their own VPN number to hide me..............

Reactions: Debp

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Dan! You have a beautiful family!
I hope you do something about inflammatory thread titles that incite lynch mobs that persecute Catholics. The thread titles alone violate existing rules, and the content of most of the posts are offensive and insulting. Reports go ignored. This is what I am referring to:
The phoniness of Catholicism
Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?
There are many others like this. Rarely the thread gets shut down because it degenerates into something similar to a bar room brawl.
I stopped posting for a while because I could not
stomach the raw hatred expressed by members claiming to be Christian. No one is required to cite the source of their false information. Some just throw rocks at Catholics and don't want to engage in any meaningful dialogue. Please, please, please pay attention to the few reports sent. We don't report posts that often because they are almost always ignored, so the report button is just there for show. All I m asking is that you give Catholics the same protection as you would to everybody else, and clean up the diabolical sickness that infects this forum.
I would tend to agree. I couldn't hold an honest discussion of the Catholic beliefs without being attacked. And by that I mean things like I was in dire danger if I accepted certain Catholic beliefs. One member spent a lot of time telling me what I have to believe. Needless to say I didn't like being "told" what to believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would tend to agree. I couldn't hold an honest discussion of the Catholic beliefs without being attacked. And by that I mean things like I was in dire danger if I accepted certain Catholic beliefs. One member spent a lot of time telling me what I have to believe. Needless to say I didn't like being "told" what to believe.
Same thing with Sabbath threads. You need to be grounded in what you believe. If someone is asking you questions or going a different way, then maybe the thing to do is study.
Iron sharpens iron.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm entertaining the idea that Mog and Magog are a foreshadow of the current war in Ukraine, and what various acknowledged prophets have said since 1917. In retrospect, I mean what prophecies have proven to be true in the past 105 years. I'll post a prophecy announced some 47 years ago by a layman. I'm comparing it with other prophecies regarding the big mess the world is in right now, not a zillion years ago.
The screen will flicker if you try to use a coupon code. Shipping & handling and taxes came to $25.79.
I ordered the book. It might help my study in dividing truth from sensationalism.
Thanks for the link, bbyrd009.

Personally, I don't think aliens are real, but who am I to limit God's creative power?

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ralph-Martin-Prophecy2.jpg

Pictured above, Ralph Martin met with Pope Paul VI. The pope also was present at the closing Mass of the 1975 International Catholic Charismatic Renewal Conference, after which Ralph shared the prophecy that Peter Herbeck reflects on today.

Reflections on Ralph Martin’s 1975 Prophecy - Renewal Ministries

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..what prophecies have proven to be true in the past 105 years...
..Personally, I don't think aliens are real, but who am I to limit God's creative power?

The bible is chock-full of prophecies, see if you can spot pollution, the ozone hole, and UV radiation in this one-
"And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty."(Isaiah 3:24)

As for "aliens" here's food for thought..;)
Jesus said- "I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going....you are of this world, I am not of this world...though you do not believe me, believe the miracles...I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" (John 8:14/ 8:23/10:38/Matthew 13:35)

Reactions: Illuminator

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I'm entertaining the idea that Mog and Magog are a foreshadow of the current war in Ukraine, and what various acknowledged prophets have said since 1917. In retrospect, I mean what prophecies have proven to be true in the past 105 years. I'll post a prophecy announced some 47 years ago by a layman. I'm comparing it with other prophecies regarding the big mess the world is in right now, not a zillion years ago.
The screen will flicker if you try to use a coupon code. Shipping & handling and taxes came to $25.79.
I ordered the book. It might help my study in dividing truth from sensationalism.
Thanks for the link, bbyrd009.

Personally, I don't think aliens are real, but who am I to limit God's creative power?
i thought that book was about $3-4?
and im with you on aliens…only JCarter is apparently convinced, or even a witness or something; keeps me agnostic :)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@doughty .....I am so fed up with this ad constantly popping up on my screen every couple of minutes despite me repeatedly asking Google to get rid of it. :Oh no:

I am not remotely interested in this book and the way it is being shoved in my face with every click of the mouse is making me very angry....its so intrusive and inappropriate for a Bible discussion site. "The Return of the Gods"? Seriously? :IDK:
Are we any further forward on getting to pay for "Premium Membership" so that the ads will disappear. Please...its getting beyond a joke.
headslap

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@doughty .....I am so fed up with this ad constantly popping up on my screen every couple of minutes despite me repeatedly asking Google to get rid of it. :Oh no:

I am not remotely interested in this book and the way it is being shoved in my face with every click of the mouse is making me very angry....its so intrusive and inappropriate for a Bible discussion site. "The Return of the Gods"? Seriously? :IDK:
Are we any further forward on getting to pay for "Premium Membership" so that the ads will disappear. Please...its getting beyond a joke.
headslap
Agreed, this is getting tiresome and I would pay the membership fee to keep ad free.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to try my best to participate in the forum and not disappear or become inactive. As time goes on, I intend to adjust the advertising, attempt to balance it out as best I can, and remove any that don't belong on a Christian website.
The owner coming to introduce themselves is indeed a nice occurrence; welcome!
Welcome to the forums.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I had to relent and put on the ad blocker.....it was getting ridiculous! :sxl:

If I’m not wrong, we have lost quite a few posters because of it....:(

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey everybody!

My name is Dan Doughty, and I have just recently taken over as new ownership of this site from Rex and Brent about 2-2.5 weeks ago.

I would just like to say that I am extremely excited to be part of this great forum and hope I can be a valuable contribution to the site and to all of you over time.

A little about me... I'm based in Temecula, CA, and married with 3 kids. I have a history of ministry, having worked on a college campus for a number of years with a college church ministry where I had the privilege to see many college-aged students become Christians and lead Bible studies. Now, my family and I attend a local church here in Temecula.

I'm looking forward to meeting everybody and seeing how I can be helpful. Really excited to learn how things are being done here and how I can best serve the community!

Hope you have enjoyed the new emojis I added the other day at the request of @lforrest and @Angelina

They have provided me with a list of improvements requested that I intend to take a look at and try to implement as quickly as I can. I'm looking forward to seeing how I can help all of you with the site if needed.

279875675_10229115538531989_4253197634100338811_n.jpg
Hello Dan and Family, It is a pleasure to meet you and your lovely family, so glad to be here with you all, and you with us, the site looks great and fast.

Love always, Walter and Debbie :):)

Reactions: dev553344
Status
Not open for further replies.