Hey Everybody! Owner of the Site here!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mr E. We use to have a chat feature here but it got removed a long time ago. It may or may not improve discussions but I'm not sure if you are going to get any feedback from your enquiry....

I think it’s a nice feature. Sometimes people like to chit chat in an informal way instead of jumping into a thread directly.

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
He's probably busy, everything changed. We have to see it isn't easy to handle the forum and everything. Too many things happening one day he will pop up.

Reactions: Debp

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am being told by another poster that discussing the Trinity is not allowed on this site.

I find no such rule either here or on any of the other threads posted for the benefit of new people. (I haven't read all 165 posts!)

Is that actually a rule or is guy fixing to be on my ignore list for straight up lying to me?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am being told by another poster that discussing the Trinity is not allowed on this site.

I find no such rule either here or on any of the other threads posted for the benefit of new people. (I haven't read all 165 posts!)

Is that actually a rule or is guy fixing to be on my ignore list for straight up lying to me?
Excuse me ...I’m not a guy and I don’t lie!...watch your tongue!

At the moment, we only have issue with one particular topic, which is "The Trinity".

This topic may not be initiated, discussed or debated at Christianity Board, whether it be for or against the Trinitarian view. Included in this is the side mantra of "Jesus is not God" Such posts/threads will be deleted immediately and disciplinary action will be taken in the form of warning points and/or bans depending on the outcome. Old threads will also be removed from public view as well as new ones.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christianity Board has alway prided itself in being a place of scholarly discussion, friendship and an environment where members can grow, learn and share their experiences in Christ.

Our team at Cyb have worked hard over the years to ensure that this ethos is maintained and upheld however, we would like to bring to your attention, certain recurring topics, that have caused much division and strife here over the years.

These topics have tended to cause heated debate, strife and division between members and/or inappropriate behavior within those discussions, which simply will not be tolerated here at CyB

We are not disputing the fact that these topics are important however, they also tend to bring out the worse in members. To a point where such behavior is unacceptable in a Christian forum

At the moment, we only have issue with one particular topic, which is "The Trinity".

This topic may not be initiated, discussed or debated at Christianity Board, whether it be for or against the Trinitarian view. Included in this is the side mantra of "Jesus is not God"
Such posts/threads will be deleted immediately and disciplinary action will be taken in the form of warning points and/or bans depending on the outcome. Old threads will also be removed from public view as well as new ones.

Thank You

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've never heard "the Owner of the site" say so.... but some (over) zealous Moderators have this practice in mind as a kind of hold-over-attitude from days gone by when there was a previous Owner who would not allow it.

I'd say, if it isn't in the rules-- it's permissable, as I haven't seen Dan Doughty ever say there were banned topics.

Post about it in the "Unorthodox" section to keep Trinity tempers quiet.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity Board has alway prided itself in being a place of scholarly discussion, friendship and an environment where members can grow, learn and share their experiences in Christ.

Our team at Cyb have worked hard over the years to ensure that this ethos is maintained and upheld however, we would like to bring to your attention, certain recurring topics, that have caused much division and strife here over the years.

These topics have tended to cause heated debate, strife and division between members and/or inappropriate behavior within those discussions, which simply will not be tolerated here at CyB

We are not disputing the fact that these topics are important however, they also tend to bring out the worse in members. To a point where such behavior is unacceptable in a Christian forum

This topic may not be initiated, discussed or debated at Christianity Board, whether it be for or against the Trinitarian view. Included in this is the side mantra of "Jesus is not God"
Such posts/threads will be deleted immediately and disciplinary action will be taken in the form of warning points and/or bans depending on the outcome. Old threads will also be removed from public view as well as new ones.

Thank You

Has Dan ever directed you in this regard? Or, is it, as you say--- 'the team' at Cyb?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Admin and the moderators team have the authority to do this…..

Reactions: Nancy

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse me ...I’m not a guy and I don’t lie!...watch your tongue!
I have no way of knowing whether you're a guy or not so don't take offense where none is intended.

Also, it is very nearly impossible for me to believe that such a rule could possibly exist on a website that is overtly Christian and so until I have evidence to the contrary, which may exist, whether you're a liar or not is still in question so far as I am concerned.

This topic may not be initiated, discussed or debated at Christianity Board, whether it be for or against the Trinitarian view. Included in this is the side mantra of "Jesus is not God" Such posts/threads will be deleted immediately and disciplinary action will be taken in the form of warning points and/or bans depending on the outcome. Old threads will also be removed from public view as well as new ones.
Post a link to that post.

Why wouldn't such a crazy rule be posted in the opening post where the rest of the rules are listed? Actually, don't answer that. That's a question for a moderator.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it does, we have been given the authority. If you have any issues with this then take it up with admin.

Reactions: pompadour

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never heard "the Owner of the site" say so.... but some (over) zealous Moderators have this practice in mind as a kind of hold-over-attitude from days gone by when there was a previous Owner who would not allow it.

I'd say, if it isn't in the rules-- it's permissable, as I haven't seen Dan Doughty ever say there were banned topics.

Post about it in the "Unorthodox" section to keep Trinity tempers quiet.
The topic actually come up quite organically during a discussion on a completely different topic. It seems utterly impossible to me that such a rule could actually exist. It simply make no sense whatsoever.

Reactions: Illuminator
Status
Not open for further replies.