Hey Everybody! Owner of the Site here!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can two or more members on this forum use the same avatar?

The reason I ask this is that I note that a new member has chosen the same avatar as mine. They may not have known this avatar was already taken. Personally I don't care. However its possible some who follow the comments of certain members on this forum who are used to their avatar may only half glance at the avatar and not note that it is a different individual thus, inadvertently assuming that what has been written comes from the individual they believed it was.

If one had an inkering of what someone believed (having read their post on occasion) and all of a sudden they read something totally contrary to what they had previously read they might become confused.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey everybody!

My name is Dan Doughty, and I have just recently taken over as new ownership of this site from Rex and Brent about 2-2.5 weeks ago.

I would just like to say that I am extremely excited to be part of this great forum and hope I can be a valuable contribution to the site and to all of you over time.

A little about me... I'm based in Temecula, CA, and married with 3 kids. I have a history of ministry, having worked on a college campus for a number of years with a college church ministry where I had the privilege to see many college-aged students become Christians and lead Bible studies. Now, my family and I attend a local church here in Temecula.

I'm looking forward to meeting everybody and seeing how I can be helpful. Really excited to learn how things are being done here and how I can best serve the community!

Hope you have enjoyed the new emojis I added the other day at the request of @lforrest and @Angelina

They have provided me with a list of improvements requested that I intend to take a look at and try to implement as quickly as I can. I'm looking forward to seeing how I can help all of you with the site if needed.

279875675_10229115538531989_4253197634100338811_n.jpg

Thank you for providing an online community for Christians and non-Christians to meet and talk. You may or may not be aware that most Christian message boards are lightning-quick to BAN people for very petty reasons. Thank you for being tolerant of a variety of interpretations, even interpretations with which you may disagree. :)

2 Timothy 2:24-25 esv
24 And the Lord's servant[a] must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, 25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth,

theJW

Apr 15, 2023
port orange, fl
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pleased to meet you, Dan- and you appear to have a nice family!
However, this forum doesn't address God's Identity!

Why not? Jesus said it meant everlasting life to KNOW Him! (John 17:3)

Reactions: shortangel and APAK

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, this forum doesn't address God's Identity!
Precious friend, we did address that subject, and the battle turned into "biting and devouring
one another," so the moderators did their job, locking up the offending threads. So, we have
now moved on to all other Bible discussions...

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided (+ I and II)
!

Last edited:

theJW

Apr 15, 2023
port orange, fl
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, we did address that subject, and the battle turned into "biting and devouring"
one another," so the moderators did their job, locking up the offending threads. So, we have
now moved on to all other Bible discussions...

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided (+ I and II)
!
But, that is the most IMPORTANT Topic of all. Simply DELETE offensive threads, and give them warning!

Reactions: shortangel

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Since I posted I've been looking for the rules and statement of faith but can't find them.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here: Policy - Topics That Can No-Longer Be Discussed at CyB

Community Welcome Center, Announcements.

It’s the Christian equivalent of a Facebook board meeting, Media Outlets, College campuses or a Washington cocktail party. Things that can’t be questioned or discussed:

COVID vaccines, sudden deaths, virus origin, global warming, men having babies and playing women’s sports, aid to Ukraine, inflation, Hunter Biden’s laptop, Bill Gates, George Soros, Benghazi, Hillary Clinton’s email server, conservative Christian DOJ persecution, and a host of similar forbidden topics.

Bad company. Bad practice. I hate censorship in all its manifestations.

Reactions: Matthias

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s the Christian equivalent of a Facebook board meeting, Media Outlets, College campuses or a Washington cocktail party. Things that can’t be questioned or discussed:

COVID vaccines, sudden deaths, virus origin, global warming, men having babies and playing women’s sports, aid to Ukraine, inflation, Hunter Biden’s laptop, Bill Gates, George Soros, Benghazi, Hillary Clinton’s email server, conservative Christian DOJ persecution, and a host of similar forbidden topics.

Bad company. Bad practice. I hate censorship in all its manifestations.
Perhaps they will ban conspiracy theories next! Wouldn't that be nice. I really don't enjoy hearing paranoid and delusional tripe. And I often fear for those that believe and fall victim to conspiracy theories. Sure there may be some truth in them, but it is far removed from what I often see posted in those discussions.

Reactions: Pearl

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As a reminder the ban of one subject was down to how the membership chose to debate and argue about it - it wasn’t ‘ us ‘ being awkward it was something we needed to do…….
Accountability for the action clearly lay at the door of the members.
If you want to act like children in a playground at times what do you expect - grow up, discuss things in adult and mature ways then there will be no need to ban any subject.
Even now some threads are like playground brawls - definitely don’t reflect Christian maturity !!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps they will ban conspiracy theories next! Wouldn't that be nice. I really don't enjoy hearing paranoid and delusional tripe. And I often fear for those that believe and fall victim to conspiracy theories. Sure there may be some truth in them, but it is far removed from what I often see posted in those discussions.

Isaiah 8:12

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a reminder the ban of one subject was down to how the membership chose to debate and argue about it - it wasn’t ‘ us ‘ being awkward it was something we needed to do…….
Accountability for the action clearly lay at the door of the members.
If you want to act like children in a playground at times what do you expect - grow up, discuss things in adult and mature ways then there will be no need to ban any subject.
Even now some threads are like playground brawls - definitely don’t reflect Christian maturity !!

It’s kind of like banning guns and letting the offenders go free. Like creating additional laws and prosecuting no one.

Reactions: Matthias
Status
Not open for further replies.