Hi, I'm Ted...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ttruscott

Feb 3, 2012
Wet Coast of Canada
...and I like to ask weird questions about scripture! :)

I'm a fairly unordinary protestant, all the requisite pieces in place but I also think that the theory that we all lived in Sheol before the foundation of the world and it was there we had our true free will experience and election just makes a lot of sense of some scripture!

Looking forward to this... :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hey Ted!
212y2qw.gif

Welcome to CyB! Now that's an interesting theory...I hope that you enjoy our fellowship... ^_^
Bless you and...

haveanicedaysun.jpg

Reactions: ttruscott

Stefcui

Jan 29, 2012
The City
...we all lived in Sheol before the foundation of the world...

Welcome Ted,

I have heard that idea before... Origen believed something similar. He suggested that there were reasons why God made people (Ensoulment) Africans or English; rich or poor; pagan or Christian… His idea was that in our pre-existence, or before our souls were placed into our bodies, we were all had knowledge of our “Adamic-test”, and we all agreed that God’s law was good… We were all chosen on the basis of a pre-selection.

I don’t know if there is any truth in this, or whether it is all entirely philosophical speculation. I am inclined to think that the more you are driven by philosophy or speculation, the more our message becomes ambiguous and uncertain. God chose the explanation of redemption for a reason, and we should explain things exactly as God has explained them (even if there is more to the story).

I (personally) think that there is much more to the “original sin” teaching than meets the eye. Was the sin eating of the fruit? Or listening to another god (Satan)? In other words, even listening to Satan in the first place would have constituted a sin, and then to actually believe something other than what God had said is also a sin. This sin came before any fruit was eaten. God also knew man was going to sin; because it is impossible for God not to know. He is the Alpha and the Omega! “We were chosen in Him before the foundation of the world…” Again, our speculation must take second place to God’s revelation. God chose exactly what He wanted us to know. Anything outside of this makes the water muddy. This is my opinion.

I look forward to your contributions.
Steve

Reactions: ttruscott

ttruscott

Feb 3, 2012
Wet Coast of Canada
Yes, Origen may have been the Father of Modern Christian Theology but it is embarrassing to have him as the pce spokesperson!!! HIs Christology is especially horrendous!

Thanks everyone, I've looked some things over and feel right at home!