Hi.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Which Jesus?
The Christian Jesus?.
The Mormon jesus?
The JW. jesus?
Only the Christian Jesus saves, the false ones do not.2 cor11:2-3
Are you telling me there's more than one Jesus?
I thought there was only one.

So you believe you're CORRECT understanding of Jesus saves you...
NOT Jesus Himself?

Or maybe you believe your doctrine will save you....
NOT Jesus Himself.

What does 2 corinthians 11:2-3 state?
You mean verse 4?

I don't really know what a DIFFERENT Jesus is....
What would it be, for instance?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which Jesus?
The Christian Jesus?.
The Mormon jesus?
The JW. jesus?
Only the Christian Jesus saves, the false ones do not.2 cor11:2-3
Where in the Bible does it say man is saved by his ability to pass a theology test about God? Is this test a multiple choice, fill in the blank, essay, or ???

Cause here I was think that a person was saved by the grace of Christ and embracing Him as their Lord & Savior.

Reactions: GodsGrace

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Where in the Bible does it say man is saved by his ability to pass a theology test about God? Is this test a multiple choice, fill in the blank, essay, or ???

Cause here I was think that a person was saved by the grace of Christ and embracing Him as their Lord & Savior.

Reminds me of a flashcard test from Sunday school. Every answer was yes, no, or Jesus.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"GodsGrace,

[Are you telling me there's more than one Jesus?
I thought there was only one.]

Do you read scripture GG?
2cor11
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth
another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received,
or
another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

All three are false, see it?

[So you believe you're CORRECT understanding of Jesus saves you...
NOT Jesus Himself?]

I did not post that anywhere, why would you post a foolish statement like that?
The Biblical Jesus who is God incarnate, saves His Elect Sheep. The false Christs cannot and do not save. Those here who do not believe in the biblical Jesus will not be saved unless they repent and believe.

[Or maybe you believe your doctrine will save you....
NOT Jesus Himself.]

Stop making a fool of yourself, start reading your bible before making such foolish posts.

[What does 2 corinthians 11:2-3 state?
You mean verse 4?

What would it be, for instance?]

Mormons teach that jesus was lucifers brother on the planet KOLUB.
JWS teach Jesus was michael the archangel who was changed into a perfect man, but is not God...read a bit, and learn, before you support heretics and those who blaspheme the Lord Jesus Christ.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Only the biblical Jesus saves...he is eternal God.

He is not lucifers half brother from the planet Kolub...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so you know, the Bible isn’t Jesus - even though Jesus is called The Word of God. The Bible wasn’t nailed to a cross or resurrected......it is not the fourth member of the Godhead

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds me of a flashcard test from Sunday school. Every answer was yes, no, or Jesus.

right here;
1 John 4 King James Version (KJV)
4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ah yes. Another refugee from CF. Virtually everyone here is, Darren, and well aware of what goes on over there. This site is in fact a sister site to CF, hence the same design, but smaller and run better. Far less policing, so we police ourselves (i.e. each other) much of the time. It can get pretty nasty sometimes just like at any other forum, but if you hang in there long enough you become part of the community, and kinda learn to accept everyone else for who they are as they come to accept you for who you are.

About unorthodox beliefs, you will encounter several espoused at this forum. In fact, it may take you a while catching up to the views of other members here yourself. But we don't do a lot of assessing about who is a "Christian" and who isn't here (some may, but not many), and it is precisely because the majority here are all fairly devout yet see things differently than each other on a number of issues.

Anyway, even while serving Christ and growing in the word of God, one can sometimes walk with false assumptions for many years before He finally straightens you out on something. So just walk in what you know. As for the rest, as Paul said, "Christ will reveal even this to you." (Philippians 3:15)

Blessings in Christ, and welcome to Christianity Board.

Yes,

EXCELLENT POST. Right on!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All I know is if you do not believe everything in the Nicene Creed you cannot call yourself a Christian...I have come to realize it
is black and white...cuz no one else has come up with any new revised official Definition, right? And cuz there is one thing I don't believe...I just had to change my status to ''Other faith"...just cuz of that...to be more honest to others....no matter what I consider myself to be.
''We believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
begotten from the Father before all ages,
God from God,
Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made;
of the same essence as the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven;
he became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary,
and was made human.
He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered and was buried.
The third day he rose again, according to the Scriptures.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again with glory
to judge the living and the dead.
His kingdom will never end.
And we believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life.
He proceeds from the Father and the Son,
and with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified.
He spoke through the prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church.
We affirm one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look forward to the resurrection of the dead,
and to life in the world to come. Amen."

Doesn’t “Other Faith “ block you from posting on some of the boards?
You’ve always been pretty open on what you do and don’t believe...right?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
"GodsGrace,

2cor11
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received,
or

NOT Jesus Himself?]

The Biblical Jesus who is God incarnate, saves His Elect Sheep. The false Christs cannot and do not save. Those here who do not believe in the biblical Jesus will not be saved unless they repent and believe.

NOT Jesus Himself.]

Stop making a fool of yourself, start reading your bible before making such foolish posts.

You mean verse 4?

JWS teach Jesus was michael the archangel who was changed into a perfect man, but is not God...read a bit, and learn, before you support heretics and those who blaspheme the Lord Jesus Christ.

AD,,,,
You MUST learn how to work the quotes.
First of all, I would have missed this because you didn't TAG me.
To tag a member,,,,just use the @ sign and then write their name right after it.
You'll see that the name comes up after only 2 or 3 letters.

Second,,you should use the REPLY feature.
Just click on REPLY at the bottom of the right hand corner of the post you wish to reply to and it'll do everything automatically...no tagging necessary.

Now,,,the way you reply makes it a little difficult to answer to you,,,
but here goes:

1. I guess I DO read scripture since I knew what verse you meant, which you had misquoted. Why would you assume I don't read scripture? Why don't you just answer me? Why must every conversation become personal?

You said we're not to listen if a different Jesus is preached...
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
Could you answer instead of telling me I don't read scripture?

2. Which of my statements is foolish?
I said that DOCTRINE does not save a person.
JESUS saves a person.
What's incorrect about that statement?

3. I don't know what mormons teach...I've always stated this. I don't know if I can trust you because you're incorrect about what you posted re the JW, and those I DO know about. They DO NOT believe Jesus was an angel...they believe He's God's Son, only not in the same way Trinitarians do. This is INCORRECT DOCTRINE....It's not their fault if they're being taught incorrect doctrine...it matters that they are depending on HIM for salvation and not the watchtower assoc.

This is the same as Catholicism. There are many saved catholics that are depending on Jesus for their salvation.

Do you see the difference? We are not saved by a doctrine which would be correctly understanding all of scripture...

We are saved by Jesus....the Lord and Savior.

I wanted to speak about those that don't know Him...
but the way these conversations go...we can't ever really get to far due to
detours.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"GodsGrace,

2cor11

or

NOT Jesus Himself?]

NOT Jesus Himself.]

You mean verse 4?

right here;
1 John 4 King James Version (KJV)
4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
Rather than actually addressing our point's you instead try to distract with red-herring falsehoods. (We've discussed that not-remotely-banned video before, how every sentence of it is false down even the title is, and you still cling to it as if it were gospel).

Anthony, you and your faith ar WAY better than this patheticness. You are capable of both actually addressing people's points and facing the truth of what other people believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn’t “Other Faith “ block you from posting on some of the boards?
You’ve always been pretty open on what you do and don’t believe...right?
Vast majority of them-- including all the ones which actually talk about Christ.
The only boards a "other faith" person can post on are 1) where people through rocks at you and 2) people try to convince you to "accept Christ" and completely ignore the fact that you have and it's the very foundation of who you are.
-- Speaking as a person who's been there.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Vast majority of them-- including all the ones which actually talk about Christ.
The only boards a "other faith" person can post on are 1) where people through rocks at you and 2) people try to convince you to "accept Christ" and completely ignore the fact that you have and it's the very foundation of who you are.

Obviously @Miss Hepburn must post where she feels honest...but she has put up many good posts over the years in the Christian section ( when she was "a christian" :D)

Plus I enjoy her sense of humour and honesty . :)

( that's how we Brits spell humour , same as Saviour )

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born Again Christians KNOW that Jesus explained Himself as the "I AM":
John 8[58] Jesus said unto them, Verily,verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

'I am' a born-again believer and I do not believe that Jesus = 'I am.' I, myself am 'I am' myself...not a riddle... let me explain the verse you quoted by using a previous commentary I earlier made.

A little lengthy although the message is clear...

(Joh 8:58) Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. (KJV)
(Joh 8:58) Jesus said to them: Truly, truly, I say to you: I am of higher status than Abraham ever was (NEV)

The Trinitarian Christian and even other 'Jesus is God' groups incorrectly conclude that verse 58b says that Jesus claimed to be two things: a pre-existent god (a deity) being, before the birth of Abraham, and, or the eternal one, YHWH.

By taking this rigid and un-contextual stance, it exposes them to several clear and undeniable contradictions made by Jesus:

1. This is the exact opposite and contradicts what Jesus just said in John 8: 54, that he does not boast about himself or elevate himself because it is worthless as his Father elevates or glorifies him. His Father made him above Abraham. Jesus cannot elevate himself without the Father. His Father alone elevated Jesus above Abraham. If Jesus meant that he was elevated to be equal with his Father, YHWH or YHWH himself, would not be a very stupid and absurd claim?

Of course, Trinitarians do not believe that the Father is God alone, only 1/3 of the whole personality of God. Jesus, they say is also 1/3 personality of God and therefore can only elevate himself with his Father’s permission. They say Jesus’ Father is co-equal with him and both are YHWH. And we have not even mentioned the other last 1/3 personality of God, the Holy Spirit, that does seem to have an input or say in this matter.

2. Jesus just previously said in John 5:31-32 and 8:17-18 that his testimony alone does not mean anything without his Father’s testimony. Why would his Father, YHWH, agree with Jesus if he said he was YHWH, his own Father? That would be an insane thought.

3. In Phil 2:5-9, Jesus said he became a person of no reputation a humble servant of his Father. Trinitarians become confused here as they believe that Jesus is humble and at the same time a boastful and self-glorifying person, claiming to be YHWH or the eternal one. The two faces of Trinitarianism are exposed here.

4. Trinitarians say the Jews wanted to stone Jesus because of his boastful claim to fame, being YHWH himself. Trinitarians contradict Jesus yet again: Jesus said these Jews could not understand what he was saying in Verse 58 because they were not of God; they were children of the devil (John 8:43-47). They thought Jesus and Abraham were with God and Jesus had higher authority that Abraham. And then for Jesus to say they were not the children of Abraham or God. That’s why they picked up stones.

5. Jesus warned his disciples not to tell anyone he was the Messiah of God (Matthew 16:20; Luke 9:20-21). But we are now expected to believe that Jesus suddenly changed his mind, against the will of his Father, and now permitted his disciples to go around Israel declaring Jesus himself to be Yahweh their God, let alone the Messiah of YHWH? This is the most ridiculous and absurd contradiction.

Trinitarians also attempt to claim scriptural support for why Jesus claimed to pre-exist or was YHWH in Verse 58.

They claim that the last two words of verse 58b ‘I am,’ is the Greek transliterated expression ‘ego eimi’ that means the same Hebrew expression for the divine name of God as found in Exodus 3:14. Therefore this is their concrete proof that Jesus is claiming to be the divine YHWH.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The Greek transliterated expression ‘ego eimi’ does mean ‘I am.’ However, this is not what the similar expression in Exodus 3:14 means at all. The Greek translated Hebrew expression in Exodus 3:14 is ‘ego eimi ho ōn’ that means ‘I am the being’ or ‘I am the existence’ or ‘I am existing,’ and other words for this effect – not ‘I am.’ They are completely different with completely different meanings. Exodus 3:14 should never use the words the English expression of ‘I am.’ The divine name of God is ‘ego eimi ho ōn’, not simply ‘ego eimi.’

To add further ridicule for the Trinitarian claim here are examples of how absurd it is to think and use ‘I am’ as the divine name of God in the New Testament.

Can you imagine if we searched for and replaced every ‘I am’ found with YHWH in the New Testament?

Here are some examples that alters scripture:

Matt 10:16 - YHWH sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves.
Matt 16:15 - He said to them: But who do you say that YHWH?
Matt 24:5 - For many shall come in my name, saying: YHWH the Christ, and shall lead many astray.
Luke 1:19 - And the angel answering said to him: YHWH Gabriel who stands in the presence of God..
Luke 22:33 - And he said to him: Lord, with you YHWH ready to go both to prison and to death.
John 1:20 - He confessed, he did not deny, but confessed: YHWH not the Christ!
John 8:58b - Before Abraham, YHWH

The Greek expression ‘ἐγώ εἰμι’ and transliterated ‘ego eimi’ and in English, ‘I am’ or usually translated more completely as ‘I am he’ or ‘I am the one,’ is truly a common expression and used many times in the New Testament. And this expression is mostly placed at the front or at the end of a sentence or statement.

I am (he) (one) is NOT a code set or words for the divine name of YHWH. Focusing on this false code distracts and blinds one from understanding what is being said.

Further, the ‘I am’ type (‘It is I’..) expression is designed to be placed in a sentence for emphasis only, nothing more.

Here are some examples:

Matt 26:25 - And Judas, who betrayed him, answered and said: Is it I, Rabbi? He said to him: You have said it.
Luke 1:19 - And the angel answering said to him: I am Gabriel who stands in the presence of God, and I was sent to speak to you and to bring you these good tidings.
Luke 21:8 - And he said: Take heed you are not led astray. For many shall come in my name, saying: I am he, and, The time is at hand. Do not be led astray by them.
John 6:20 - But he said to them: It is I! Be not afraid!
John 8:18 - I am he that testifies of myself; and the Father that sent me testifies of me.
John 8:24 - I replied to you, that you shall die in your sins. For unless you believe that I am he, you shall die in your sins.
John 9:9 - Others said: It is he. Others said: No, but he is like him. He said: I am he.
John 13:19 - From this time forward I will tell you before it happens, so that when it happens, you may believe that I am he.
John 18:5 - They answered him: Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus said to them: I am he (Judas, the one who betrayed him, was standing with them).
Act 10:21 - And Peter went down to the men and said: I am the one you seek. Why have you come?
Romans 11:13 - " But I speak to you who are Gentiles- inasmuch as I am an apostle of the Gentiles, I glorify my ministry, "
Rev 2:23 - And I will strike her children dead. And all the churches will know that I am he who searches mind and heart, and I will repay each of you as your works deserve.

You might want to consider what I've said before quickly flipping out this verse again as you try to convince others of your credentials for being a born-again Christian.

Bless you,

APAK

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather than actually addressing our point's you instead try to distract with red-herring falsehoods. (We've discussed that not-remotely-banned video before, how every sentence of it is false down even the title is, and you still cling to it as if it were gospel).

Anthony, you and your faith ar WAY better than this patheticness. You are capable of both actually addressing people's points and facing the truth of what other people believe.
I have spoken with Mormons and mormon elders
What I have posted is true. I have mormon books teaching du c h fantasies
I have spoken to Mormons in Utah, Idaho and Arizona, Ohio, and ny.
What I posted is true. I have mormon books back home in my cult file that teach it.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What I posted is true. I have mormon books back home in my cult file that teach it.
What you post is complete bunk.
Frankly, I don't care whether or not you happen to agree with my beliefs or JW or Catholic or whatever.
But you constantly not even bothering to respond to other people's actual posts or get your facts straight about what other people believe shows people that you don't care about facts or them.
Come on, you're BETTER than that! Any Christian (including Calvinists, generic Protestant, LDS, Catholic, etc) is BETTER than that. We are saved in our Lord Jesus Christ and have ZERO reason to fear. ZERO reason to fear listening to others, having real conversations, and getting facts straight.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Anthony, is Jane more than her doctrine?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you post is complete bunk.
Frankly, I don't care whether or not you happen to agree with my beliefs or JW or Catholic or whatever.
But you constantly not even bothering to respond to other people's actual posts or get your facts straight about what other people believe shows people that you don't care about facts or them.
Come on, you're BETTER than that! Any Christian (including Calvinists, generic Protestant, LDS, Catholic, etc) is BETTER than that. We are saved in our Lord Jesus Christ and have ZERO reason to fear. ZERO reason to fear listening to others, having real conversations, and getting facts straight.
If you do not have the biblical Jesus , you cannot have salvation
..it is that simple.
For anyone to tell you otherwise is not being honest with you.
2cor11:3-5,
1jn4:3

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anthony, is Jane more than her doctrine?
As far as salvation goes, if she denies the biblical Jesus she will perish in her sins.
I have never met Jane.it is not personal.
She might bake great cookies, or play piano, or be a great artist...but it will be to no avail if she has the wrong object of faith.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not have the biblical Jesus , you cannot have salvation
..it is that simple.
For anyone to tell you otherwise is not being honest with you.
2cor11:3-5,
1jn4:3
As far as salvation goes, if she denies the biblical Jesus she will perish in her sins.
I have never met Jane.it is not personal.
She might bake great cookies, or play piano, or be a great artist...but it will be to no avail if she has the wrong object of faith.
You don't know if I bake, or play piano, or an a good artist, and you have not the slightest clue what I believe. Nor interest in any of those things.
Oh well, I'm not going to loose sleep over your choices.
I'm off to celebrate in Christ and bake and play with my family. No piano though.