Hi.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jane_Doe22,

[You don't know if I bake, or play piano, or are a good artist, and you have not the slightest clue what I believe. Nor interest in any of those things]

You missed the point once again. I do not care if you do those things or not.If you do not know the biblical Jesus you will die in your sins.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jane_Doe22,

[You don't know if I bake, or play piano, or are a good artist, and you have not the slightest clue what I believe. Nor interest in any of those things]

You missed the point once again. I do not care if you do those things or not.If you do not know the biblical Jesus you will die in your sins.
And you have zero idea what I believe, nor do you care to. And I really don't care what you do.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read your posts
Anthony, you said you read my posts and yet you still resort to "anti-cult" drivel as if it were gospel, and attacking so many different views "armed" with that bad information.
At this point, everything points to you not being interested in factualness and instead just wanting to go on with those misconceptions. And after decades of dealing with the horrible "anti-cult" behavior (such as the very thing that started this post), I'm really not interested in another re-run of it (as it appears to be the thing you're into).

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So, I was raised to believe, That God Was the Creator of the universe, The heavens, and the Earth, I was raised to believe, That Man, Had Original sin, That we are all guilty of and because of that, The price of Sin is Death. So, God Took Pity on us, And Send His Only Begotten Son To Die to pay the price of Sin for us, So that we may attain salvation. This is what I was raised to believe. So on those other forums, A man comes in, And he knowingly asked me this specific Question, "So You believe Jesus Was Created?" And to that I said, God Created Everything, So YES, I asserted, that the Very Word Begotten, Meant that He was Created, He was Gods Literal Son.

What you were raised to believe is what is known as "a profession of faith". This is not the same thing as "a confession of faith". The former is an acknowledgment of doctrine while the latter is your testimony. It is what you have witnessed. It's the difference between being at the scene of an accident verses hearing the testimony in a courtroom.

The problem with the doctrine of the Trinity is that most people tend to conflate the means of creation with what is created. The means of creation is contingent between the created world and God. This is "the word", but when the word "became flesh", it is entering into the created world as a work of creation. So while you are correct in stating that Jesus didn't create the world, this doesn't fully address the fact the word became Jesus, or the fact that When Christ returns to God, it isn't Jesus the man who returns, but the eternal word

It really isn't that difficult to understand when we forget about doctrines and just look at it logically from the biblical perspective. God is the origin of existence while Christ is the means of all that exists. 1 Corinthians 8:6 The origin of existence, by definition can't exist without creating what is known as an infinite regression. This essentially means that there can be no origin to existence, but this contradicts what the bible expressly points out. So the correct articulation would be to point out that The origin of existence can't exist. However, the origin of eternity exists as origin within eternity. In other words, it can only be seen as potential through being or existence. This is only basic logic.

The other problem is that there is all the difference in the world between being begotten and being created. When the texts say "only begotten", they're pointing out that this begetting is "sue generis", there is nothing like this. It's the difference between generation and production. Christ is not a product.

The western mind is incapable of grasping the unity through our language because our language separates what is together. We say Jesus is the Christ, but Paul simply juxtaposes the two into a unified whole by saying "Christ Jesus". Jesus is essentially absorbed into Christ. He is no longer just some itinerant preacher wandering around the Galilee. The message has gone from being a part of who he is to manifesting as God's will personified. Everything he says is what God says. Everything he does is manifesting God's will. This is so much so that he becomes God's word. He becomes God's arm. He manifests God, and where God is only potential in the old testament, e.g. "I will be", in the new testament that is manifest as "I am".