Hi.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I know is if you do not believe everything in the Nicene Creed you cannot call yourself a Christian...I have come to realize it
is black and white...cuz no one else has come up with any new revised official Definition, right? And cuz there is one thing I don't believe...I just had to change my status to ''Other faith"...just cuz of that...to be more honest to others....no matter what I consider myself to be.

''We believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
begotten from the Father before all ages,
God from God,
Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made;
of the same essence as the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven;
he became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary,
and was made human.
He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered and was buried.
The third day he rose again, according to the Scriptures.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again with glory
to judge the living and the dead.
His kingdom will never end.
And we believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life.
He proceeds from the Father and the Son,
and with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified.
He spoke through the prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church.
We affirm one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look forward to the resurrection of the dead,
and to life in the world to come. Amen."

What part don't you believe, MH?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully admit, When God Says, "Let Us Make" Sure, He could have been speaking to Jesus and the Holy Ghost, But the King James Bible does not specify that empirically, He could have been speaking to angels or his cherubs at that time.
I fully admit, When God Says, "Let Us Make" Sure, He could have been speaking to Jesus and the Holy Ghost, But the King James Bible does not specify that empirically, He could have been speaking to angels or his cherubs at that time.
Try to digest this: angels are created by God. Anything that is created by God, cannot of themselves create life.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Christian's know Jesus is God.
If you do not believe that, you are not yet a Christian.
Hammster correctly banned you.

Now..that is much better. You need to study it out.
To come on a Christian board and deny Jesus is God is like touching the third rail by the tracks. That is in the board rules.
Jesus is the son of God, there is only one God, Jehova, Jesus Christ his only begotten son our Lord and Savior.

This is what I believe and feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I know is if you do not believe everything in the Nicene Creed you cannot call yourself a Christian...I have come to realize it
is black and white...cuz no one else has come up with any new revised official Definition, right? And cuz there is one thing I don't believe...I just had to change my status to ''Other faith"...just cuz of that...to be more honest to others....no matter what I consider myself to be.
The Bible defines a Christian as a disciple of Christ. It's that relationship that is key.
Not adhering to a post Biblical statement or our ability to pass a theology test.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the son of God, there is only one God, Jehova, Jesus Christ his only begotten son our Lord and Savior.

This is what I believe and feel.
Hello JP,

maybe this will help;
from a Baptist Catechism and Commentary;by W.R.Downing, used by permission

Theologically, it is customary to divide the existence of our Lord into three distinct states: first, his pre–existent state of glory and communion which he had with the Father before his incarnation (Jn. 1:1–3; 17:1–5; Phil. 2:5–6);

second, his state of humiliation, which commenced with his incarnation and ended with his death and burial (Gal. 4:4–5; Phil. 2:7–8; Heb. 2:9ff); and third, his state of exaltation or glory as the resurrected and ascended God–Man, which began at his resurrection and ascension into heaven and will last forever (Matt. 28:18; Acts 2:31–33, 36; Rom. 1:3–4; Phil. 2:9–11; 1 Tim. 3:16; Heb. 1:1–3; Rev. 1:10–18). It is necessary to understand the humiliation and exaltation of the Lord Jesus Christ in a redemptive context, as this gives the true and complete biblical context for the accomplishment of redemption or the “finished work” of Christ.

The following discussion is mainly a summary of the foregoing questions and answers. One’s assurance of faith largely rests on a biblical grasp of the eternal redemptive purpose of God and the truth of the believer’s union with Christ. As the God–Man, our Lord grew from an infant into manhood under the discipline of his earthly parents (Lk. 2:49–52). As the God–Man he was subject to all sinless emotions (Isa. 53:2–4; Matt. 26:36–38; Jn. 11:35; Heb. 5:7–9) and infirmities, such as temptation, hunger, fatigue, and the necessity of rest and sleep (Matt. 4:2; 8:23–25; Jn. 4:6; Heb. 2:18; 4:14–16). As the God–Man he lived under the Law, and kept God’s Law perfectly and vicariously for his own people (Gal. 4:4–5). It is vital to understand that the active obedience or Law–keeping of Christ is as important as his passive obedience. Through his active obedience he fully kept and fulfilled the absolutely perfect righteous demands of the Law of God.
The passive obedience of Christ, commonly called and epitomized in his “passion,” refers to all his earthly suffering and finally, to his death. This began with his birth, circumcision and continued to the illegal and mock trials, the cruel scourging and torture, and then his public crucifixion, death and burial. The true Divine and redemptive significance is that God, through the unwitting, but willing hands of wicked men, gave up his Son unto death to answer the claims of Divine justice [to completely pay the penalty due the Law of God], to die for his elect, and to thus provide a perfect righteousness to be imputed to [reckoned to the account of] those who believe on him to salvation (Isa. 53:1–12; Mk. 10:45; Jn. 3:16; Acts 2:23; 16:31; 20:28; Rom. 1:16–17; 3:19–26; 5:8–11, 18–21; 1 Cor. 2:6–8; 2 Cor. 5:21; Gal. 1:3–4; 3:13; Eph. 1:5–7; Col. 1:14; 2:10–15; 1 Pet. 1:18–20; 2:24; 3:18). It is of the utmost importance to biblically comprehend that both the active and passive obedience of Christ are imputed to his redeemed people for their justification.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
All Christian's know Jesus is God.
If you do not believe that, you are not yet a Christian.
Hammster correctly banned you.

Now..that is much better. You need to study it out.
To come on a Christian board and deny Jesus is God is like touching the third rail by the tracks. That is in the board rules.
Hammster, or any other forum, does NOT correctly BAN because one does not believe JESUS is God.

What they could get banned for is promoting the idea that Jesus is not God.
If they are truly seeking...where SHOULD they go?
A christian conversation is good.

Some forums have unorthodox forums....this would be a good place to have this conversation.

Also, we need to encourage believers of any kind...not knock them down...
I'm speaking about the other forum.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hello JP,

maybe this will help;
from a Baptist Catechism and Commentary;by W.R.Downing, used by permission

Theologically, it is customary to divide the existence of our Lord into three distinct states: first, his pre–existent state of glory and communion which he had with the Father before his incarnation (Jn. 1:1–3; 17:1–5; Phil. 2:5–6);

second, his state of humiliation, which commenced with his incarnation and ended with his death and burial (Gal. 4:4–5; Phil. 2:7–8; Heb. 2:9ff); and third, his state of exaltation or glory as the resurrected and ascended God–Man, which began at his resurrection and ascension into heaven and will last forever (Matt. 28:18; Acts 2:31–33, 36; Rom. 1:3–4; Phil. 2:9–11; 1 Tim. 3:16; Heb. 1:1–3; Rev. 1:10–18). It is necessary to understand the humiliation and exaltation of the Lord Jesus Christ in a redemptive context, as this gives the true and complete biblical context for the accomplishment of redemption or the “finished work” of Christ.

The following discussion is mainly a summary of the foregoing questions and answers. One’s assurance of faith largely rests on a biblical grasp of the eternal redemptive purpose of God and the truth of the believer’s union with Christ. As the God–Man, our Lord grew from an infant into manhood under the discipline of his earthly parents (Lk. 2:49–52). As the God–Man he was subject to all sinless emotions (Isa. 53:2–4; Matt. 26:36–38; Jn. 11:35; Heb. 5:7–9) and infirmities, such as temptation, hunger, fatigue, and the necessity of rest and sleep (Matt. 4:2; 8:23–25; Jn. 4:6; Heb. 2:18; 4:14–16). As the God–Man he lived under the Law, and kept God’s Law perfectly and vicariously for his own people (Gal. 4:4–5). It is vital to understand that the active obedience or Law–keeping of Christ is as important as his passive obedience. Through his active obedience he fully kept and fulfilled the absolutely perfect righteous demands of the Law of God.
The passive obedience of Christ, commonly called and epitomized in his “passion,” refers to all his earthly suffering and finally, to his death. This began with his birth, circumcision and continued to the illegal and mock trials, the cruel scourging and torture, and then his public crucifixion, death and burial. The true Divine and redemptive significance is that God, through the unwitting, but willing hands of wicked men, gave up his Son unto death to answer the claims of Divine justice [to completely pay the penalty due the Law of God], to die for his elect, and to thus provide a perfect righteousness to be imputed to [reckoned to the account of] those who believe on him to salvation (Isa. 53:1–12; Mk. 10:45; Jn. 3:16; Acts 2:23; 16:31; 20:28; Rom. 1:16–17; 3:19–26; 5:8–11, 18–21; 1 Cor. 2:6–8; 2 Cor. 5:21; Gal. 1:3–4; 3:13; Eph. 1:5–7; Col. 1:14; 2:10–15; 1 Pet. 1:18–20; 2:24; 3:18). It is of the utmost importance to biblically comprehend that both the active and passive obedience of Christ are imputed to his redeemed people for their justification.
Hi AD,,,,
Let me ask you something:
What saves you:
Your theology
or
Your faith in Jesus?

I can't agree with what I highlighted in your statement above.
IOW, If someone is trusting in Jesus, and he is a JW,,,are they lost?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Ah yes. Another refugee from CF. Virtually everyone here is, Darren, and well aware of what goes on over there. This site is in fact a sister site to CF, hence the same design, but smaller and run better. Far less policing, so we police ourselves (i.e. each other) much of the time. It can get pretty nasty sometimes just like at any other forum, but if you hang in there long enough you become part of the community, and kinda learn to accept everyone else for who they are as they come to accept you for who you are.

About unorthodox beliefs, you will encounter several espoused at this forum. In fact, it may take you a while catching up to the views of other members here yourself. But we don't do a lot of assessing about who is a "Christian" and who isn't here (some may, but not many), and it is precisely because the majority here are all fairly devout yet see things differently than each other on a number of issues.

Anyway, even while serving Christ and growing in the word of God, one can sometimes walk with false assumptions for many years before He finally straightens you out on something. So just walk in what you know. As for the rest, as Paul said, "Christ will reveal even this to you." (Philippians 3:15)

Blessings in Christ, and welcome to Christianity Board.
thumbsup.gif

Reactions: Hidden In Him

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Isn't believing that Jesus Is the Son Of God that Came to us, To pay the price of sin for us, Isn't that what's important? I feel like I was unfairly treated at this other forum. And still, even If I'm mistaken, Is Believing that Jesus always was since the beginning of time, A certainty that Jesus is Also the Creator? I mean they are distinguished from one another. Father-Son.

Does one necessarily have to invest in the Idea that Jesus was there at the beginning of creation to be saved? I always thought that Jesus was created when God sent his spirit unto Mary, Why Is it important for my Salvation That I put Jesus at the same Level As God and call him a Creator and worship Jesus Directly?

Jesus never Taught Us to worship him, He Taught us to worship the Father. So can anyone see my confusion?
Jesus taught us not to worship man.
He taught the Apostles to be disciples...
Jesus main reason for being here was to establish
God's Kingdom right here on earth...He hoped to be
able to change the world by changing us.

From the beginning of time God Father knew that man would
sin in the Garden of Eden and had already made a solution for that
failure of man.
Genesis 3:15 God made the woman who would bear JESUS' seed be the ENEMY of the seed of the evil one. So it's JESUS against SATAN.

Jesus was born and died and resurrected to KILL DEATH.
Death no longer had to be feared by man...Jesus came back to life,,,the first fruit of many like Him - which means WE will come back to life also. Paul speaks to this in 1 Corinthians 15.

Since the offencse to God was so great...could a man bring peace to mankind and his sin? No. Only God could....the seed of the woman/not of man,because Joseph was not Jesus' father but God was.

John says the word always existed.

Can you imagine this:
God is spirit.
He speaks words. Those words are Jesus incarnate.
He breaths. That breath is the Holy Spirit.

So God is Father
Jesus is the Word or Son.
The Holy Spirit is God's breath....God's love with Jesus demonstrated in a person.

Maybe you'll understand it one day...
maybe you won't.
Just trust in our Lord.

Reactions: Helen and JohnPaul

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi AD,,,,
Let me ask you something:
What saves you:
Your theology
or
Your faith in Jesus?

I can't agree with what I highlighted in your statement above.
IOW, If someone is trusting in Jesus, and he is a JW,,,are they lost?
Hello GG,
We must be careful not to encourage someone to hold or remain in error.
The scripture speaks of another Jesus....who does not save.
2 cor 11:3-4.
It warns of this for a reason.A JW. Who denies Jesus is God is lost unless he repents.
1 j 4:2-3.
Do you see what is said here?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus taught us not to worship man.
He taught the Apostles to be disciples...
Jesus main reason for being here was to establish
God's Kingdom right here on earth...He hoped to be
able to change the world by changing us.

From the beginning of time God Father knew that man would
sin in the Garden of Eden and had already made a solution for that
failure of man.
Genesis 3:15 God made the woman who would bear JESUS' seed be the ENEMY of the seed of the evil one. So it's JESUS against SATAN.

Jesus was born and died and resurrected to KILL DEATH.
Death no longer had to be feared by man...Jesus came back to life,,,the first fruit of many like Him - which means WE will come back to life also. Paul speaks to this in 1 Corinthians 15.

Since the offencse to God was so great...could a man bring peace to mankind and his sin? No. Only God could....the seed of the woman/not of man,because Joseph was not Jesus' father but God was.

John says the word always existed.

Can you imagine this:
God is spirit.
He speaks words. Those words are Jesus incarnate.
He breaths. That breath is the Holy Spirit.

So God is Father
Jesus is the Word or Son.
The Holy Spirit is God's breath....God's love with Jesus demonstrated in a person.

Maybe you'll understand it one day...
maybe you won't.
Just trust in our Lord.
False.
The Father is God
The Son is God
The Spirit is God

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hello GG,
It warns of this for a reason.A JW. Who denies Jesus is God is lost unless he repents.
No I don't actually.
What does it say?
Does it say Jesus is FROM GOD,
or does it say Jesus IS GOD?

If someone is trusting JESUS, they will be saved...whether their doctrine is correct or not.

I'm a Trinitarian and I know that it's necessary to believe that Jesus is God otherwise we're all worshipping a man.

If I can't get to this point,,,but still trust in Jesus, Lord and Savior...
how does that make me be lost, exactly?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello GG,
Born Again Christians KNOW that Jesus explained Himself as the "I AM":
John 8[58] Jesus said unto them, Verily,verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello GG,
A presumption here is that we always know what is or is not error.
No I don't actually.
What does it say?

If someone is trusting JESUS, they will be saved...whether their doctrine is correct or not.

Amen!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I don't actually.
What does it say?

I'm a Trinitarian and I know that it's necessary to believe that Jesus is God otherwise we're all worshipping a man.

Do you believe Jesus is God as in 1jn4:2-3

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Do you believe Jesus is God as in 1jn4:2-3
What does what I believe have to do with our discussion?
This is frustrating to me at times.
What happened to our conversation about whether or not doctrine saves us?

If someone is trusting Jesus and believes in Him and tries to do His will and that person has some doctrine wrong....

Is he lost?

(then I'll be happy to answer you)

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does what I believe have to do with our discussion?
This is frustrating to me at times.
What happened to our conversation about whether or not doctrine saves us?

If someone is trusting Jesus and believes in Him and tries to do His will and that person has some doctrine wrong....

Is he lost?

(then I'll be happy to answer you)
Which Jesus?
The Christian Jesus?.
The Mormon jesus?
The JW. jesus?
Only the Christian Jesus saves, the false ones do not.2 cor11:2-3

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Darren,
This is a friendly board, for the most part. I came here after being banned from another board too - 12 years ago. Glad you decided to give this place a shot.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't believing that Jesus Is the Son Of God that Came to us, To pay the price of sin for us, Isn't that what's important? I feel like I was unfairly treated at this other forum. And still, even If I'm mistaken, Is Believing that Jesus always was since the beginning of time, A certainty that Jesus is Also the Creator? I mean they are distinguished from one another. Father-Son.

Does one necessarily have to invest in the Idea that Jesus was there at the beginning of creation to be saved? I always thought that Jesus was created when God sent his spirit unto Mary, Why Is it important for my Salvation That I put Jesus at the same Level As God and call him a Creator and worship Jesus Directly?

Jesus never Taught Us to worship him, He Taught us to worship the Father. So can anyone see my confusion?

Yes I can see your confusion. It seems you were confronted and bludgeoned by people who value doctrine over people. Unfortunately, those types are often raised to positions of power in churches and the world in general. Fortunately, Jesus calls us to love God and love our neighbor as ourself, which is the completion of all sin, which is a half measure. So, on that note, welcome, once again to this board. I value your presence here over your views on doctrine. Frankly, all we have is our opinion anyway, so we all have to wait and find out how close we are to the mark on my things.