Hillary Clinton on "Why young people are leaving church?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Came across this article on Facebook from "Christian Today".

Hillary Clinton believes that young people are leaving Church because it has became too judgemental. So would you agree with her on this point?

Clinton, a Methodist, aired her views while asking Barber what he thinks the Church should be doing today to reverse the decline among younger generations.

"Because a lot of people are leaving the Church. A lot of young people are leaving the Church, in part because the way they understand what Christianity has become ... so judgmental, so alienating that they think to themselves, well, I don't need that," she said.

https://www.christiantoday.com/arti...come.judgemental.and.so.alienating/135699.htm

And here's the podcast, I have not listened to the podcast, but if you wish to listen to it, here is Hillary Clinton talking about "Faith."

Faith

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my goodness... I don't even want to look at her or listen to what she has to say about God and religion.

BUT ... I'll say this... my opinion is that those who represent Christianity in large part, have lost relationship (with Christ) and replaced it with shallow religion. In other words... there needs to be a mass returning to our First Love!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HC knows a lot more than she lets on about real Christianity. She is part of the elite cult, as is BC. They do not want people coming to the true knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hillary Clinton believes that young people are leaving Church because it has became too judgemental. So would you agree with her on this point?

Clinton, a Methodist, aired her views while asking Barber what he thinks the Church should be doing today to reverse the decline among younger generations.

"Because a lot of people are leaving the Church. A lot of young people are leaving the Church, in part because the way they understand what Christianity has become ... so judgmental, so alienating that they think to themselves, well, I don't need that," she said.

https://www.christiantoday.com/arti...come.judgemental.and.so.alienating/135699.htm

And here's the podcast, I have not listened to the podcast, but if you wish to listen to it, here is Hillary Clinton talking about "Faith."
Faith

Hi, Josho, I can only think of few people who have done more evil to the U.S. than Bill and Hillary Clinton. Before you write me off, just know that I spent 8 years under Bill's administration and additional years under Hillary's stint as U.S. Senator and Secretary of State.

I won't take the time to list bad policies and laws that both have supported because this is old news and I don't have time. But they have both been avid supporters of killing babies in the womb. I'll leave it at that for now.

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Prayer Warrior

As someone from outside the USA, I think some Aussie Christians and a lot of British Christians may have the same view of Hillary.

I believe Hillary Clinton is just a "liberal" Christian, and there do seem to be plenty of liberal Christians who support the Democrats.

I will not slam them, as I believe some of them are true Christians headed for Heaven, but they just put more emphasis on "not judging", "compassion" and "loving one another" - by caring and trying to stand up for the less fortunate and the lower class of society in particular. But in saying that, as you would know the Democrats are more about life after birth.

Perhaps a good discussion could be "The Seven Churches in Revelation and who do they represent in the modern world and who are they in the modern world." I believe you will find Christians today that fit into each one of those 7 Churches in the modern world.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will not slam them, as I believe some of them are true Christians headed for Heaven, but they just put more emphasis on "not judging", "compassion" and "loving one another" - by caring and trying to stand up for the less fortunate and the lower class of society in particular. But in saying that, as you would know the Democrats are more about life after birth.

There's a lot I could say about this, but I won't. Like I said, it's old news. If I were to comment, I would back what I say with REAL news, not gossip rags, like some people on this forum are doing. Gossip is judging.

You need to think the abortion issue through. There cannot be life AFTER birth if there is not a LIVE birth! Abortion kills innocent human beings who are NEVER given a chance at life.

R

Rita

@Prayer Warrior

As someone from outside the USA, I think some Aussie Christians and a lot of British Christians may have the same view of Hillary.

I believe Hillary Clinton is just a "liberal" Christian, and there do seem to be plenty of liberal Christians who support the Democrats.

Perhaps a good discussion could be "The Seven Churches in Revelation and who do they represent in the modern world and who are they in the modern world." I believe you will find Christians today that fit into each one of those 7 Churches in the modern world.
I do share her views on the church, but I equally agree with Prayer Warrior. I do not trust the Clintons at all and have heard quite a few podcasts about things that go on behind the scenes with them both. They were linked to the Epstein case.
Rita

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do share her views on the church, but I equally agree with Prayer Warrior. I do not trust the Clintons at all and have heard quite a few podcasts about things that go on behind the scenes with them both. They were linked to the Epstein case.
Rita
Yes, but so is Trump .... very good friends with both Epstein and Maxwell. Like I've been saying... there is no Republicans/Democrats behind the scenes. That is only an illusion for our benefit....

R

Rita

Yes, but so is Trump .... very good friends with both Epstein and Maxwell. Like I've been saying... there is no Republicans/Democrats behind the scenes. That is only an illusion for our benefit....
Yes,I Know but weren’t the Clintons linked to his suicide, and who knows what really happened to Maxwell !

Reactions: historyb and TLHKAJ

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,I Know but weren’t the Clintons linked to his suicide, and who knows what really happened to Maxwell !
I would be careful about repeating such things. I would consider this hearsay. There are plenty of bad policies passed by the Clintons if you want to talk about those. I’ve already mentioned one issue in this thread.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Kim Clement died shortly after Trump was elected in 2016. But long before Trump had even announced he was running, Kim Clement described the next president.

“The enemy will do everything in his power to put a witch in the White House…. But, it SHALL NOT HAPPEN.”

She conflates discernment and ruling as is typical today. Our language works against us as the word "Judgement" holds both meanings. So the prohibition on making rulings about others does not forbid using discernment to know good from evil.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Faith
Um... this woman lies for a living.
The church if anything is becoming less "judgmental". But that's not always a good thing, if it means the church loses all discernment.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting thread that shows how hard it is to discuss ideas. People seem more interested in being critical of other people. In a way, it makes the point Clinton was making, doesn't it?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting thread that shows how hard it is to discuss ideas. People seem more interested in being critical of other people.
I agree with your first 2 sentences. I have found it impossible to have a serious discussion about Trump’s policies as president because of all the gossipy nonsense being said about him.

Reactions: Truman
R

Rita

I agree with your first 2 sentences. I have found it impossible to have a serious discussion about Trump’s policies as president because of all the gossipy nonsense being said about him.
It’s pretty much near impossible for any of us to have a serious conversation about Trump, and I am pretty sure that we all stir the pot within threads on the subject. However I must admit that I need to address the whole issue of gossip, especially within this thread. So I stand corrected x
We all have opinions, and in many respect none of us are immune from bringing them into discussions on the forum, it’s that kind of place. Anyway many apologies @Josho for side tracking the thread.
Rita

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s pretty much near impossible for any of us to have a serious conversation about Trump, and I am pretty sure that we all stir the pot within threads on the subject. However I must admit that I need to address the whole issue of gossip, especially within this thread. So I stand corrected x
We all have opinions, and in many respect none of us are immune from bringing them into discussions on the forum, it’s that kind of place. Anyway many apologies @Josho for side tracking the thread.
Rita
Do you believe that gossip is a sin? To define terms, I see gossip as telling things about people for the purpose of hurting their reputation. Usually, the info is unverified, but not always.

I would just ask this: what’s the point in repeating unverified info of a personal nature about Trump (or any other leader) instead of discussing what we think about their policies—how they affect America and the world. Trump has a record as president, so there’s plenty to talk about without dragging him as a person through the mud.

I have concerns about his policies. But I wouldn’t dare discuss my concerns in this gossipy atmosphere.

R

Rita

Do you believe that gossip is a sin? To define terms, I see gossip as telling things about people for the purpose of hurting their reputation. Usually, the info is unverified, but not always.

I would just ask this: what’s the point in repeating unverified info of a personal nature about Trump (or any other leader) instead of discussing what we think about their policies—how they affect America and the world. Trump has a record as president, so there’s plenty to talk about without dragging him as a person through the mud.

I have concerns about his policies. But I wouldn’t dare discuss my concerns in this gossipy atmosphere.
Do you know how hard it is to admit that you have messed up, if you read my response I said that I would have to asses the whole issue. I get what you are saying, and I agree. Politics hits raw nerves and often as not we respond to others because they bring things up. You cannot have a debate without opinions coming into play sometimes, it happens. Have you never given an opinion about someone on the forum within a discussion?
I don’t really want to get into a debate, I wasn’t going to say anything but we are called to be accountable to one another, so I decided to be real.
Rita

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know how hard it is to admit that you have messed up, if you read my response I said that I would have to asses the whole issue. I get what you are saying, and I agree. Politics hits raw nerves and often as not we respond to others because they bring things up. You cannot have a debate without opinions coming into play sometimes, it happens. Have you never given an opinion about someone on the forum within a discussion?
I don’t really want to get into a debate, I wasn’t going to say anything but we are called to be accountable to one another, so I decided to be real.
Rita
I apologize, @Rita , I missed what you said about standing corrected. Guess I need to slow down and read more carefully. :)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Interesting thread that shows how hard it is to discuss ideas. People seem more interested in being critical of other people. In a way, it makes the point Clinton was making, doesn't it?

God doesn't engage in gossip, so I believe she is a witch. I've also heard from her own supporters that she meets with a "spiritual advisor." A Christian would talk to their "pastor."

A witch can not be trusted to give sound advise to her enemy, the Church.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Hillary about why young people are leaving the Church. But I don't think it's the only reason why these young people are turning away from Christianity though. During the years of Trumpism, there has a steady trend in the news about how many unbelievers and other Christians view the evangelical conservatives who support Trump. I'm including some examples of this news trend.

Christians Tempted By Trump Idolatry

Trump evangelicals have sold their souls

Trump's Offer to Christians Is Same Offer Devil Made Christ

'Toxic Christianity': the evangelicals creating champions for Trump

The Four Horsemen of evangelical hypocrisy: How they whitewashed Donald Trump

Former RNC Chairman: Christian ‘phonies’ sold out for ‘thirty pieces of silver’ under Trump

And the articles I've posted don't even scratch the surface to demonstrate the immeasurable damage that has severely tarnished the reputation, the collective credibility and the Christian witness of all the conservative evangelicals who faithfully support and defend Donald Trump.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.