Holy Spirit - As a Teacher - Truth (Scripture)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

This is information about how the Holy Spirit is a teacher. (Please consider the bigger picture in exploring more of the surrounding context).

“You also gave Your good Spirit to instruct them, And did not withhold Your manna from their mouth, And gave them water for their thirst.”
‭‭Nehemiah‬ ‭9:20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Jesus said
“For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭12:12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Jesus said
“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:26‬ ‭NKJV‬

Paul wrote saying;
“These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

John wrote to the believers saying,
“But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.”
‭‭I John‬ ‭2:27‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know about these scriptures pertaining to the Holy Spirit as a Teacher?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hello to you,

This is information about how the Holy Spirit is a teacher. (Please consider the bigger picture in exploring more of the surrounding context).

“You also gave Your good Spirit to instruct them, And did not withhold Your manna from their mouth, And gave them water for their thirst.”
‭‭Nehemiah‬ ‭9:20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Jesus said
“For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭12:12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Jesus said
“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:26‬ ‭NKJV‬

Paul wrote saying;
“These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

John wrote to the believers saying,
“But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.”
‭‭I John‬ ‭2:27‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

A question
How do a person knows when he or she is sealed with the Ruach HaKodesh/Holy Spirit?

I wanted to start my own post on this subject, but don't know how, yet.

2Co_1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
Eph_1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

1) "In whom ye also trusted" (en ho kai humeis) "In whom (Christ) ye also (trusted)," or believed with all their hearts ' as the Eunuch did, Act_8:37; and as the Philippian jailer did, Act_16:31-34; Rom_4:11.

2) "After that ye heard the word of truth" (akousantes ton logon tes aletheias) "Hearing (while hearing) the word' of the truth." This is what Cornelius and his household did, Act_10:43-46; Act_11:21. Believing or trusting in the Lord is evidenced in one by a voluntary turning to worship and service toward Him, Act_9:5-9.

3) "The gospel of your salvation" (to evangelion tes soterias humon) "The gospel of your salvation or deliverance." The salvation of the Ephesians came through Paul's preaching and their acceptance of "repentance toward God," and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ, Act_20:20-21; Act_20:26-31.

4) "In whom also after that ye believed" (en ho kai pisteusantes) "in whom also (when) ye believed," or having fully believed. The Holy Spirit quickens every believer to life eternal and seals the stamp of divine ownership upon him to eternal life, Joh_6:63; Joh_10:27-29; 1Jn_5:13.

5) "Ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise" (esphragisthete to pneumati tes epangelias to hagio) "With the Holy Spirit of promise." This seal is heaven's stamp of eternal ownership of the sealed property, 2Ti_2:19; Eph_4:30. If salvation could ever be lost, it would have to be after the resurrection of the body of the believer; for until the redemption of the body (the purchased (paid for) possession of every believer), one is sealed. See also Rom_8:23.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When they completely trust having faith in Jesus and the life transformation they have in their spiritual walk of life. They call out to the Father, and ask him to help them by the holy spirit. They have a renewed mind and heart towards having love for God and love for others.

That is my best explanation: Johann.

If you would like to pose question on the forum don’t be afraid to so.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
When they completely trust having faith in Jesus and the life transformation they have in their spiritual walk of life. They call out to the Father, and ask him to help them by the holy spirit. They have a renewed mind and heart towards having love for God and love for others.

That is my best explanation: Johann.

If you would like to pose question on the forum don’t be afraid to so.

That is the problem, I don't know HOW to post a question on the forum, maybe some directives would be helpful?

And no, the answer to my question is incorrect re the sealing of the Holy Spirit, no offense.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’ll wanna go to the main page of this site.

Scroll and look at all the listings pick one.

Select created a thread and go from there.

Good luck to you, and God bless.

Sorry the answer wasn’t sufficient enough as it all I understand from what the Bible states. I also believe people can give up the Holy Spirit by resorting to faithlessness, having an unbelieving heart.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You’ll wanna go to the main page of this site.

Scroll and look at all the listings pick one.

Select created a thread and go from there.

Good luck to you, and God bless.

Sorry the answer wasn’t sufficient enough as it all I understand from what the Bible states. I also believe people can give up the Holy Spirit by resorting to faithlessness, having an unbelieving heart.

Once sealed by the Holy Spirit you think Elohim will allow us to be "unsealed?"
There are many sincere Christians who are tired and ready to give up, I am one of them...I do not have it "all together" and am more than willing to show my scars with other sincere Christians on this platform

To be frank, I am weary of people who have all the answers since I don't.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

What is a witness?

Would you agree that our salvation is also experiential?

My apology for coming too strong in my response to you

1) "Who hath also sealed us," (ho kai sphragisamenos humas) "The one both having sealed us;" In regeneration or the new birth one is saved and sealed unto the day of the resurrection redemption of the body, Eph_1:13; Eph_4:30, Rom_8:23. It is no less certain that the Holy Spirit has anointed and sealed the church to bear the message of Jesus thru the church, till He comes again, Mat_28:20.

2) "And given the earnest of the spirit in our hearts," (kai dous ton arrabona tou pneumatos entais kardiais hemon) "and having given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts;" It is this spirit in the believer's heart that gives hope and courage to every believer and seeks to guide each to full service thru the church, Rom_8:14; Rom_8:16. The earnest" of the Spirit means the "guarantee" or assurance of the Spirit, Eph_1:14; Rom_8:11; 2Co_3:3; 2Co_3:6.

..or, to put it another way...
Sealed (σφραγισάμενος)
See on Joh_3:33; see on Rev_22:10.
Earnest (ἀῥῤαβῶνα)
Only here, 2Co_5:5, and Eph_1:14. It means caution-money, deposited by a purchaser in pledge of full payment.
Of the Spirit
Not the foretaste or pledge of the Spirit, but the Spirit Himself in pledge of the fulfillment of the promises. By a common Greek usage the words are in apposition: the earnest which is the Spirit.

Now, to others reading this, it might be just a bunch of words, or thinking I want to be a cut above the rest, God forbid!

Shalom.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Johann

Once sealed by the Holy Spirit you think Elohim will allow us to be "unsealed?"

The writer of Hebrews said this
“Be careful then, dear brothers and sisters. Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭3:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

This leaves me no doubt that a person can walk away from faith.

There are many sincere Christians who are tired and ready to give up, I am one of them...I do not have it "all together" and am more than willing to show my scars with other sincere Christians on this platform

Don’t give up on God… :( I also do not have it all together.

To be frank, I am weary of people who have all the answers since I don't.

There are many different aspect of answers form Christians, however the Bible is still a trust worthy source to learn about truth, and it should be read in conjunction with the Holy Spirit.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

What is a witness?

Would you agree that our salvation is also experiential?

It is about witnessing by your life living and walking by the Holy Spirit. Many people deem it on the aspect “how much am I doing” or “Am I doing enough for God?”.

My life was involved with hatred for my family, hatred for God, hatred to Jesus, hatred for Christians and all people, deeming myself a misanthrope (hater of mankind).

When God came into my life, hatred was still there, but the more I heard about God and the truth in what the Bible presents my heart started to change from the evil within.

I believe this evil is very much still here, and I as a Christian do sin (make mistakes) God is not angry at me. A lot of the wrath, greed, lust in which the Paul (Colossians 3) talks about for us to die too. To set our mind on heavenly things, which brings it all back around to living by the Holy Spirit.

1) "Who hath also sealed us," (ho kai sphragisamenos humas) "The one both having sealed us;" In regeneration or the new birth one is saved and sealed unto the day of the resurrection redemption of the body, Eph_1:13; Eph_4:30, Rom_8:23. It is no less certain that the Holy Spirit has anointed and sealed the church to bear the message of Jesus thru the church, till He comes again, Mat_28:20.

2) "And given the earnest of the spirit in our hearts," (kai dous ton arrabona tou pneumatos entais kardiais hemon) "and having given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts;" It is this spirit in the believer's heart that gives hope and courage to every believer and seeks to guide each to full service thru the church, Rom_8:14; Rom_8:16. The earnest" of the Spirit means the "guarantee" or assurance of the Spirit, Eph_1:14; Rom_8:11; 2Co_3:3; 2Co_3:6.

..or, to put it another way...
Sealed (σφραγισάμενος)
See on Joh_3:33; see on Rev_22:10.
Earnest (ἀῥῤαβῶνα)
Only here, 2Co_5:5, and Eph_1:14. It means caution-money, deposited by a purchaser in pledge of full payment.
Of the Spirit
Not the foretaste or pledge of the Spirit, but the Spirit Himself in pledge of the fulfillment of the promises. By a common Greek usage the words are in apposition: the earnest which is the Spirit.

Now, to others reading this, it might be just a bunch of words, or thinking I want to be a cut above the rest, God forbid!

Shalom.

I don’t know how to respond to your last bit.

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hello Johann

The writer of Hebrews said this
“Be careful then, dear brothers and sisters. Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭3:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

This leaves me no doubt that a person can walk away from faith.

Don’t give up on God… :( I also do not have it all together.

There are many different aspect of answers form Christians, however the Bible is still a trust worthy source to learn about truth, and it should be read in conjunction with the Holy Spirit.

It is about witnessing by your life living and walking by the Holy Spirit. Many people deem it on the aspect “how much am I doing” or “Am I doing enough for God?”.

My life was involved with hatred for my family, hatred for God, hatred to Jesus, hatred for Christians and all people, deeming myself a misanthrope (hater of mankind).

When God came into my life, hatred was still there, but the more I heard about God and the truth in what the Bible presents my heart started to change from the evil within.

I believe this evil is very much still here, and I as a Christian do sin (make mistakes) God is not angry at me. A lot of the wrath, greed, lust in which the Paul (Colossians 3) talks about for us to die too. To set our mind on heavenly things, which brings it all back around to living by the Holy Spirit.

I don’t know how to respond to your last bit.

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher.

Powerful testimony there Matthew, a question if I may, how do we know we are being led by the Spirit or as you put it, live by the Spirit?

Another question
Can we know that we have the assurance of salvation?

Ever heard about the doctrine, not theology, of election?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Powerful testimony there Matthew, a question if I may, how do we know we are being led by the Spirit or as you put it, live by the Spirit?

It is by being rooted in the word. The question would be to ask, what does the Holy Spirit produce in a believers life? Having done this study, you find it talks about when Paul writes Galatians, specifically chapter 5, even Colossians 3 would help. The Bible helps you stand firm in faith. Hearing of the Word produces faith right?

Another question
Can we know that we have the assurance of salvation?

Yes, I believe people experience salvation when having faith in Christ. Having a changed life, in which is now been made having peace with God by being justified by faith in Christ Jesus. It doesn’t make life easier, life still is difficult and the reality is we are to be Christ to all people.

To have love, compassion, as Galatians says, even some things found in James.

Ever heard about the doctrine, not theology, of election?

Yes I have. If I had anything to say about it, in the context of the Bible I believe the elected, Saints, and all those in that day were part of the bride of Christ was to return to get when he came back in 70Ad. Which ushered in the new covenant which God writes his laws on the hearts and minds of people, and it is all done by the Holy Spirit working in the individual as they start to seek out God, by reading the Bible.

You may have a different understanding though, you may share if you like to.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It is by being rooted in the word. The question would be to ask, what does the Holy Spirit produce in a believers life? Having done this study, you find it talks about when Paul writes Galatians, specifically chapter 5, even Colossians 3 would help. The Bible helps you stand firm in faith. Hearing of the Word produces faith right?

Yes, I believe people experience salvation when having faith in Christ. Having a changed life, in which is now been made having peace with God by being justified by faith in Christ Jesus. It doesn’t make life easier, life still is difficult and the reality is we are to be Christ to all people.

Yes I have. If I had anything to say about it, in the context of the Bible I believe the elected, Saints, and all those in that day were part of the bride of Christ was to return to get when he came back in 70Ad. Which ushered in the new covenant which God writes his laws on the hearts and minds of people, and it is all done by the Holy Spirit working in the individual as they start to seek out God, by reading the Bible.

May I push a bit?
Even demons believe, and they tremble, unbelievers may show good fruit, that does not mean they are saved...ask any unbeliever if they are a "good" person and all will say yes, ask them if they are going to heaven or hell and all will say heaven, talking from experience here

Coming to the elect. Many are called, FEW are chosen...ever made a study on the preposition "few" chosen, remnant?

Mat_7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way,.... And so, difficult to enter in at; and when entered, the way is unpleasant to the flesh to walk in, being hedged up on each side with afflictions and tribulations; and moreover, is like the "narrow place", or στενος τοπος, "the strait place", as the Septuagint in Num_22:26 render it; in which the angel that met Balaam stood; and in which there was no turning to the right hand or the left; and such is the way to eternal happiness. The great encouragement to walk on in it is, because it is that way
which leadeth unto life: unto eternal life: it certainly leads thither; it never fails of bringing persons to it; believers in Christ, all that walk in Christ the way, though they are said to be "scarcely" saved, by reason of their afflictions and trials, they meet with in their way to the kingdom; yet they are, and shall be certainly saved: they shall be safely brought to glory; which will be an abundant recompense for all the troubles and sorrows that have attended them in their journey.
And few there be that find it; the way, and so consequently the life it leads to. "The gate is strait"; small and little, and so unobserved: there is but one way to heaven, and the generality of men neglect it. "The way is narrow", and so disagreeable; the company few, and not engaging. Men choose large gates, broad ways, and much company. The flesh loves to walk at liberty, unconfined, and uncontrolled, and with a multitude to do evil: hence, Zion's ways are thin of passengers; a small number, comparatively speaking, walk thereto, and will be saved; a remnant, a little flock, a little city, and few men in it. It is asked in the Talmud (q),
"why is the world to come created with "jod?" (the least of the letters in the "Hebrew alphabet") the answer is, because צדיקים שבו מועטים, "the righteous which are in it are few".''
Some read the words, as the Syriac, Arabic, and Vulgate Latin, with a note of admiration, "how strait is the gate!" &c. and so some copies.
(q) T. Bab. Menachot, fol. 29. 2.

2) "Are there few that be saved?"(ei oligoi hoi sozomenoi) "Are there only a few who are saved?" who are delivered, liberated, or set free from the bondage of fear and sin, saved from eternal condemnation? Mat_7:14; Mat_20:16; Rev_7:9.

3) "And he said unto them." (ho de ei pen pros autos) "Then he said directly to them," to the Jews, in response to their question, expressing His desire that they all be saved, 2Pe_3:9; Mat_11:28; Joh_6:37; Rev_22:17.
Jesus did not give a direct answer to their question, but turned their attention to the kind of persons that will be saved, rather than the number, However Luk_13:29; Rev_7:9 indicate that there will be many, even an innumerable number.

It stands written, Perfect Tense, that IF possible, Subjunctive, even the elect can be deceived...and that without holiness no one shall see God.

Are we holy in all manner of conversation Matthew?

Ever read the doctrines of the Reformers?

Mat_24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Mat_24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Johann

Hey brother I don’t read anything but the Bible mainly I won’t be able to address all this as it is to much sir.

Also depends on your understanding of the Bible. I believe Jesus had already taken care of demons and Satan, and overcame hell and all things.

Like I mentioned friend:

In every introduction made by Paul he addressed people as Saints, and in Peter he was writing to the elect and chosen that are scattered abroad. I do not bring that into my theology and leave it for those people at that time as we are children of God by faith…

in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hello Johann

Hey brother I don’t read anything but the Bible mainly I won’t be able to address all this as it is to much sir.

Also depends on your understanding of the Bible. I believe Jesus had already taken care of demons and Satan, and overcame hell and all things.

Like I mentioned friend:

In every introduction made by Paul he addressed people as Saints, and in Peter he was writing to the elect and chosen that are scattered abroad. I do not bring that into my theology and leave it for those people at that time as we are children of God by faith…

in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher
What I put forth is not theology friend, pure doctrine, you won't find "theology" in scripture
Hello Johann

Like I mentioned friend:

in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

What I put forth is not theology brother, but the plain teachings of Christ and the doctrines in the epistles...you will not find "theology" in scripture but you will find doctrine...as to the saints, are you advocating sinless perfection? Since the sinful nature is still within each one of us and is not "surgically removed" as Wuest advocates, it stands to reason a saint is still a sinner.

1) "If we say that we have no sin". John includes himself in this hypothetical affirmation. "If we (subjunctive) should say, affirm, or claim" "that (a) sin not we (Greek echomen) have, hold, contain or embrace"; this affirms at least an abiding sin nature or disposition exists in every Child of God. Rom_7:17-18; Rom_7:20-21; Rom_7:23.

2) "We deceive ourselves" (Greek heautous) "Ourselves, you and I", (Greek planomen), "we deceive or delude" - we stick our head in the sand, like an ostrich; we pull the wool over our own eyes; we look the other way, like the man with a beam in his eye who tries to detect a speck in the eye of another, Mat_7:3-5.

3) "And the truth is not in us". Anyone claiming not to have, hold, contain or embrace sin in him, his old nature, old man, is a self -deceiver. And concerning his claim to have no sin John asserts the claimant doesn't tell the truth. His relatives know he doesn't tell the truth; his acquaintances know he doesn't tell the truth; the devil knows he doesn't tell the truth and John wanted these "little children", believers, to recognize that they still had the old nature of sin continually present to incite them to thoughts, words, and deeds of wrong.

Theology or sound doctrine Matthew?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m a Christian who has sin.

I never said I didn’t.

Not sure what else you like to share here with me, I know what the Bible states for the most part having read all the New Testament but all the book of Acts, Sir.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will tell you this, for the Apostlic authority of the church in the first century was very adamant about them being pure and blameless as they waited for Christ to return.

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians

I do not believe this nessicary applies to us now today, (as I believe Jesus came and took his bride of the first century)however sanctification does still happen in believers today as they die to their flesh and live by the holy Spirit instead. They will never become sinless until they die and leave the fleshly body that causes the sin.

Romans 7:18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

The only good carried out comes from God by the Holy Spirit through you, in faith of the Gospel of Christ. It is never us that do the good so we can’t take credit for it.

Hope this helps thank you for conversing with me.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I’m a Christian who has sin.

I never said I didn’t.

Not sure what else you like to share here with me, I know what the Bible states for the most part having read all the New Testament but all the book of Acts, Sir.

No problem Matthew, you have a blessed day in Christ Jesus.
Read the 13 epistles also, mind-blowing, but beware, even ole Peter warned that Paul wrote things "hard" to comprehend...

Shalom