Holy Spirit......Christians ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to scripture:
Eph 4:3- Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4- There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5- One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6- One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Ruach/Pneuma= breath/wind
How Jehovah chose to describe his form, the form of those in Heaven, AND the Power He sends forth.
THAT is why Jesus referred to it as "He" and "that One", for he never thought of just the energy- but the One behind it.
@theQuestion, in your respond above. "One God and Father of all". is the God you're referring to as Jehovah is the Father? yes or no.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it seems God will hold me responsible if you go to hell - so please don't go and come back home now - twinc
My dear twinc, I am very glad that you are concerned. You have given your warning and I have explained my position. Let us both proceed from here toward God in whatever way He leads us.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Not according to scripture:

Oy vey.

Eph 4:3- Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4- There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

According to that reasoning, one can equate all flesh inclusive of animals and what we would term today as atheists as being "Christians". So yes, they are different. Ruakh is used of more than "God's Breath", and depending upon the qualifier, ruakh can be that of man, it can be ra`ah (evil), it can be sheqer (lying). "God's Breath" can be either the "Holy Spirit", or the breath of life. They are distinctly different. Pnuema also, as in Hebrew, is dependent upon the qualifying noun, or the context, such pneuma to hagion (Spirit the Holy: aka Holy Ghost).

You're argument regarding the term "Holy Ghost" is a matter of semantics. Languages evolve over time. If I were to call you an imbecile in 13th century English, I would be referring to you as a man without a staff, one without means to defend yourself. According to modern English, it has evolved to one that is weak of mind. And no, I am not calling you an imbecile.

Ruach/Pneuma= breath/wind

Yet they are still dependent upon the qualifying noun.

How Jehovah chose to describe his form, the form of those in Heaven, AND the Power He sends forth.
THAT is why Jesus referred to it as "He" and "that One", for he never thought of just the energy- but the One behind it.

It could also be a function of language(s). As a masculine being, even though pneuma is neuter, so also do the pronouns agree in gender. However, I do agree with the gist of what you saying. The Ruakh haQodesh, the very essence of YHVH. As Spirit, it is His Spirit that he sends forth.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
If the beast is simply man and man's ways rather than God and God's Way, people on both sides of the fence you have raised, twinc, between Catholic and non-Catholic have worshipped and/or are worshipping the beast.

The Protestants walked away from Catholicism a few hundred years ago, but many of them really were walking toward God and obeying another verse rather than John 6:66. That is:

"And I heard another voice out of Heaven saying, My people, come out of her, that you may not share in her sins, and that you may not receive of her plagues;" Rev 18:4

Where believers stand is where believers stood when Northern Israel under Jeroboam split away from Judah. There were still believers on both sides of their national border then and there are believers on both sides of the Catholic/Protestant lines today. Let God decide who is chaff and who is wheat from both kinds lie in both places as I see it.

Now twinc stop trying to make waves needlessly for will not God hold you responsible for it if you do?

Rev 18:4 applies exactly to Catholics who have fallen into other faiths - so I say again repent and come back home - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 18:4 applies exactly to Catholics who have fallen into other faiths - so I say again repent and come back home - twinc
You don't really pay much attention to what anyone else thinks or believes or says do you? Well have a nice day!

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually, those that left, starting their own churches, kept the basic dogmas and set up their own clergy.
If they were Christians, they would have discarded it ALL, and would HAVE no paid teachers...

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Of Course.
Lay it on me!~
Good then, so the Lord Jesus is not the Father right. so answer me this in Revelation 1:1 who sent his angel to John was it the Father, or was it the Lord Jesus. but read Revelation 22:6 first, for the angel describe who sent him. I'll be waiting for your answer

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
There is always hope.

Ephesians 5:8, For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light

this is not addressed to you or us - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Thats not exactly what verse 28 says... At least not according to the KJV. Perhaps another version says it a bit differently.

Saying John the Bapyist is was not a Christian. .. I don't kbow about that. He leaped for joy while in his mother's womb when he heard the news. His ministry pointed to Jesus. He faultered a bit afterwards but I never read Jesus complaining about that.

I say he was one and became one 6 months before he was born and 9 months before Jesus was born.

What the verse in Luke 7 says is that John was the greatest human prophet ever. But Jesus those that are in heaven are greater than he is.

Jesus gave John great accolades. Critics didn't think too much of him but Jesus did. So on earth and in the flesh up to that point... John was the best. Better than Moses, David, Isaiah. Where Peter, Paul and the Apostles rank is not known and not worth exploring. The point is that as great as John was on earth, it was much better to be in heaven.

I can understand the point of view that we as Christians now sit in heavenly places and we have received what John said was coming. So yea... Kinda correct in saying we have it better. Yet I suspect John is in paradise now. So he isn't the least anymore.
Thats not exactly what verse 28 says... At least not according to the KJV. Perhaps another version says it a bit differently.

Saying John the Bapyist is was not a Christian. .. I don't kbow about that. He leaped for joy while in his mother's womb when he heard the news. His ministry pointed to Jesus. He faultered a bit afterwards but I never read Jesus complaining about that.

I say he was one and became one 6 months before he was born and 9 months before Jesus was born.

What the verse in Luke 7 says is that John was the greatest human prophet ever. But Jesus those that are in heaven are greater than he is.

Jesus gave John great accolades. Critics didn't think too much of him but Jesus did. So on earth and in the flesh up to that point... John was the best. Better than Moses, David, Isaiah. Where Peter, Paul and the Apostles rank is not known and not worth exploring. The point is that as great as John was on earth, it was much better to be in heaven.

I can understand the point of view that we as Christians now sit in heavenly places and we have received what John said was coming. So yea... Kinda correct in saying we have it better. Yet I suspect John is in paradise now. So he isn't the least anymore.

btw Paradise is not heaven - twinc

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good then, so the Lord Jesus is not the Father right. so answer me this in Revelation 1:1 who sent his angel to John was it the Father, or was it the Lord Jesus. but read Revelation 22:6 first, for the angel describe who sent him. I'll be waiting for your answer

Attachments

• JohnRevelation.jpg
    JohnRevelation.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 0

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Strange Question~

Rev 1:1- The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2- Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
Rev 22:6- And he said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord [Jehovah], the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place.

Now "this messenger (angel)" is not identified- so it COULD have been Christ, or Gabriel, or an angel never used before.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strange Question~

Rev 1:1- The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2- Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
Rev 22:6- And he said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord [Jehovah], the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place.

Now "this messenger (angel)" is not identified- so it COULD have been Christ, or Gabriel, or an angel never used before.
don't worry about this, it have already been answered in another topic. but thanks for your effort.

Reactions: theQuestion

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the Topic: when FILLED with spirit... was Jesus filled with a Nameless Ghost- a Fellow God?... or with as Gabriel explained it to Mary "the POWER of the Most High!"?

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the Topic: when FILLED with spirit... was Jesus filled with a Nameless Ghost- a Fellow God?... or with as Gabriel explained it to Mary "the POWER of the Most High!"?
Great, let's get back to the topic. now is not the Lord Jesus the Holy Spirit in flesh as well as out of flesh? I say yes. do you agree, and if not please post your objection ...... (smile).

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great, let's get back to the topic. now is not the Lord Jesus the Holy Spirit in flesh as well as out of flesh? I say yes. do you agree, and if not please post your objection ...... (smile).

Simple.
Jesus and God's Breath ('spirit') are constantly shown to be a person and a power.
Jesus is ANOINTED by Spirit at Baptism.
He is led by Spirit.
Spirit is drained OUR of him.
He said he would SEND God's Spirit ('Comforter') after returning to heaven.

And SO much more.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said he would SEND God's Spirit ('Comforter') after returning to heaven.
John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever". John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you". John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me"
now theQuestion, who really sent the Holy Spirit? your answer please. I suggest you really examine those verses carefully.