Holy Spirit......Christians ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re Msg #125.
This is intended only as a helpful hint. There is no such word in English as "prolly." You probably mean "probably."
LOL Hey, leave him alone. He has his own language and I am just starting to understand it. Please don't try to turn him around now. I'd have to learn to communicate with him all over again.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all white men speak with forked tongues- only the Church speaks correctly and untwisted - twinc
Hold it twinc how did "ALL" white men speak with forked tongues? please explain.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Geronimo know - me noknow - twinc
Geronimo know?, I can't accept that, and I reject the overall statements.
#1. if one is a Christian, there is no white nor black in Christ.
#2. one cannot judge "all" for a few. and as a matter of fact we're not to judge at all, scripture, Romans 14:13 "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way".
#3. if "ANY" man, black or white, red, or yellow, speaking in the natural. speak with a forked tongue, it's our responsibility to reprove, and correct a brother, for his edification, but not to judge him, or them.

peace in Christ.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Geronimo know?, I can't accept that, and I reject the overall statements.
#1. if one is a Christian, there is no white nor black in Christ.
#2. one cannot judge "all" for a few. and as a matter of fact we're not to judge at all, scripture, Romans 14:13 "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way".
#3. if "ANY" man, black or white, red, or yellow, speaking in the natural. speak with a forked tongue, it's our responsibility to reprove, and correct a brother, for his edification, but not to judge him, or them.

peace in Christ.

I see and agree - me know Geronimo no know me know - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all white men speak with forked tongues- only the Church speaks correctly and untwisted - twinc

I know it doesn't fit well with your reference to lying white men, Twinc, but the forked tongues brings to my mind the following verses:

"And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." Acts 2:2-4

What are those "cloven tongues"? Does not the following verse point us in the right direction?

"The voice of the LORD divideth the flames of fire." Psalm 29:7

Reactions: Helen and 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is a good reference. for the Lord Jesus gave the gifts, Ephesians 4:8 "Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men". this speaking in tongue is interesting, for there are three types. other language, unknown and new. there was a topice or discussion on tongues, was they in use. if the Holy Spirit gives them the ability, the Holy Spirit is not done away with I hope.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is a good reference. for the Lord Jesus gave the gifts, Ephesians 4:8 "Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men". this speaking in tongue is interesting, for there are three types. other language, unknown and new. there was a topice or discussion on tongues, was they in use. if the Holy Spirit gives them the ability, the Holy Spirit is not done away with I hope.
No, it is not done away, nor is the speaking in tongues. Some people don't believe in tongues today. Some people misuse or even deceitfully mimic tongues, but in spite of this, I know that they still exist. Daily I speak to God in tongues. That is part of my gift and it is part of my testimony.

The other manifestations of tongues also still exist even if everyone does not personally experience them or even believe in them. How much of God's Way do any of us know? How much do we not know?

The truth is the truth even any part of it which we do not know. If we are faithful toward God and we need to understand more of His truth will He not provide everything that we need?

The dividing of tongues in the Holy Ghost experience relates also to the double-mindedness spoken about by James and to the confusion of tongues at the Tower of Babel.

Reactions: Helen