• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer is found at the end of that scripture in Mark 3:30. Because he hath an unclean spirit. In other words, it was insinuated that the Lord was in league with the devil.
Not possible to commit anymore? Or is it simply just disbelief?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blaspheming sinning is railing against and despising the Spirit of grace.

It's one thing to refuse to repent at this time, but it is entirely another to rail against the one convicting us of sinning.

That kind of blaspheming is to resist the Spirit of Christ as the devil.
Oh.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the difference between a believer and a nonbeliever ? One has the spirit, one doesn’t? If that is the case what does it mean if a believer quench’s the spirit?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would like to see if any others would have any insights they would like to share with the group. Thank you to all who have.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Despising the Spirit of grace to help us not to sin, is sinning against the Spirit of grace despitefully.

If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Sinning unto death is rejecting the convicting draw of the Spirit unto the grave, and so is sinning against His spiritual grace unto death.

That is why we don't pray for the unrepentant, because if they are refusing to hear God, then what help is prayer to God for them?

But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

The blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is making His work that of the devil.

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.

The work of the Spirit upon all flesh today is to convict all men of sinning. And so, any man that says conviction for sinning is hateful and of the devil, is blaspheming the Holy Ghost.

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Conclusion, the work of the Spirit is to convict, forgive, and give new birth with eternal life, and so anyone refusing to repent of sinning, is sinning against the Spirit and his own soul.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Confusing.
Indeed...and it is confusing unless or until one realizes that the world has a timeline, but the kingdom does not. Then the question becomes "How do time events transition from their timeline to the timelessness of the kingdom?" The point is...all of the events of God all occur as one event (timelessly), while the events of this world do not, but as Paul said, "but each one in his own order."

The answer is that we all come into and leave the world in our appointed times, but we all come before God together making true the saying "every eye shall see".

That one event is the spiritual component to the salvation transaction. On the other hand, the flesh component, is not spirit and not of God. Thus, when one is "saved" the clock of all worldly things (including sin) is stopped, as eternity has commenced: "old things have passed away, all things have become new." It is this great transition from time to eternity of those saved even if they remaining in the world, that the natural man cannot fully grasp, for his mind yet thinks as the world thinks. Therefore, they say "My master delays his coming", looking to the future for the things that happened "in Christ" so long ago, not knowing that if He has come in the spirit by knocking on the door and them opening to Him--He has come again that very moment...for He has entered eternity and has come again, "that where He is, we may be also."

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed...and it is confusing unless or until one realizes that the world has a timeline, but the kingdom does not. Then the question becomes "How do time events transition from their timeline to the timelessness of the kingdom?" The point is...all of the events of God all occur as one event (timelessly), while the events of this world do not, but as Paul said, "but each one in his own order."

The answer is that we all come into and leave the world in our appointed times, but we all come before God together making true the saying "every eye shall see".

That one event is the spiritual component to the salvation transaction. On the other hand, the flesh component, is not spirit and not of God. Thus, when one is "saved" the clock of all worldly things (including sin) is stopped, as eternity has commenced: "old things have passed away, all things have become new." It is this great transition from time to eternity of those saved even if they remaining in the world, that the natural man cannot fully grasp, for his mind yet thinks as the world thinks. Therefore, they say "My master delays his coming", looking to the future for the things that happened "in Christ" so long ago, not knowing that if He has come in the spirit by knocking on the door and them opening to Him--He has come again that very moment...for He has entered eternity and has come again, "that where He is, we may be also."

Thank you for sharing. All I remember is that one time I thought I had committed the unforgivable sin, but God still took me in after my repentance and seeing a need for him thus being born from above had happened when placing faith in Jesus.

Reactions: ScottA