Homosexuality Being Accepted And Embraced By Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
Not unless they repent and abstain from their homosexual activities, it's an important subject to me, because the MSM is promoting it as normal and misleading our youth, that's why.

I'm closer to God and his only begotten son Jesus Christ, and would lay my life down for them.

You must be a LGTB sympathizer or a homosexual yourself.

Have you not read the Bible and its laws against homosexuals and all the other deviant vile filth that goes along with it?

And if you read my initial post I said unrepentant homosexuals and those who don't abstain from their homosexual acts, which is an abomination to God.

Did that answer your question?

But that same thing goes for any sin. Why is homosexuality so interesting to you? Why is that particular sin so important?

I once had a friend who wanted to evangelize to the homosexuals, but it turned out he was actually just a homosexual himself trying to get closer to likeminded people. He came out the closet and turned his back to God.
Most people I’ve experienced, who are super preoccupied with that specific sin, feel homosexual urges themselves.

Not saying that you are a homosexual or have urges, just saying that I don’t understand why homosexuality is even a subject. For the mouth will speak what he heart is full of.
Most people who claim to know Jesus drive nice cars, have big houses and travel on vacation. I don’t care much what Judas thinks about homosexuality. Homosexuality is only a symptom that the heart isn’t committed to Jesus.
People focusing on the symptoms are no closer to God that the scribes and the Pharisees. They will hide their own filth within the 4 house walls, but judge and point fingers at others.
Why care what kind of sins the lost are committing?

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any church that accepts homosexuality has to accept bigamy, unfaithfulness, adultery, murder, abortion, profanity, stealing, pre-marital sex as normal and not sin. If you prescribe one you have to prescribe them all.
If your church does that, you need to leave it and find another. I walk out of churches that accept sin as such.

Homosexuality is an abomination.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. - Leviticus 18:22

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, - 1 Corinthians 6:9

This is how they dealt with it under the Old testament law because it was so detestable.

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. - Leviticus 20:13

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that same thing goes for any sin. Why is homosexuality so interesting to you? Why is that particular sin so important?

I once had a friend who wanted to evangelize to the homosexuals, but it turned out he was actually just a homosexual himself trying to get closer to likeminded people. He came out the closet and turned his back to God.
Most people I’ve experienced, who are super preoccupied with that specific sin, feel homosexual urges themselves.

Not saying that you are a homosexual or have urges, just saying that I don’t understand why homosexuality is even a subject. For the mouth will speak what he heart is full of.
Most people who claim to know Jesus drive nice cars, have big houses and travel on vacation. I don’t care much what Judas thinks about homosexuality. Homosexuality is only a symptom that the heart isn’t committed to Jesus.
People focusing on the symptoms are no closer to God that the scribes and the Pharisees. They will hide their own filth within the 4 house walls, but judge and point fingers at others.
Why care what kind of sins the lost are committing?
Perhaps you’re the homosexual, I can assure you I’m straight.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your church does that, you need to leave it and find another. I walk out of churches that accept sin as such.

Homosexuality is an abomination.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. - Leviticus 18:22

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, - 1 Corinthians 6:9

This is how they dealt with it under the Old testament law because it was so detestable.

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. - Leviticus 20:13
Amen brother.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We listen to the one who speaks in accordance and agreement with the anointing every believer has to discern who's speaking truth, and who is not:

"26I have written these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you. 27And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you." 1 John 2:26-27
Of course, 'do not need anyone to teach you' doesn't mean we don't need the gift of teaching in the body. It means we don't need someone else to tell us what we are hearing is truth and what is not. The Spirit within us does that. In your church, the priesthood does that.

Even right here in this forum, we're all doing that - digesting all the information we receive and sensing how it lines up with the witness of the Spirit within each of us. Some people don't have that anointing because they aren't really saved and their bondage to the flesh guides their 'truth'. Some are bound by the power of indoctrinations that interfere with that anointing.
What "teaching body" do you trust to teach you the TRUTH?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul seemed to think it made sense:

"Now the Bereans were more noble-minded than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if these teachings were true." Acts 17:11

Well, as we can see for ourselves, it's not my theory. And what divided the church was the corruption of the Catholic church. Godly men died to set us free from the tyranny of the Catholic church. Now people can be Bereans again and use their God given discernment to learn from (real) teachers of the truth, and their own Bibles.
Oh goodness....The Bereans read the Torah to see if what Paul was telling them about Jesus being the chosen one was "true". The Bereans then followed the teaching of the Apostles AFTER they realized that what Paul was telling them was true about Jesus. You have fallen for another Protestant twisting of Scripture. That passage doesn't mean that you can read Scripture and decide your own truth......

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no question about that. What Protestants resist is that the Catholic priesthood constitutes those teachers.

Like I said, you'll encounter teachers in the body of Christ in all kinds of places - leading an informal Bible study in your neighborhood, attending that Bible study, participating in on-line forums, etc. Some actually do end up as pastors and elders of churches. But to say a Catholic or Protestant organization itself is the embodiment of God's gifted teachers is just plain false.
The Church is the embodiment of "God's gifted teachers". Not each individual pastor or elder of a church started by John Doe. That is why Scriptre says that the church is the pillar and foundation of the truth....not John Doe is the pillar and foundation of truth. Your theory is false.....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What "teaching body" do you trust to teach you the TRUTH?
The Bible, the discernment of the Holy Spirit, and other gifted believers who speak accordingly. The ministry of the Apostles as an official clearing house of truth only exists in the pages of our Bibles at this time in history just before the return of Christ. There is no official organization that wholly represents the truth of the Apostles anymore. There hasn’t been for a long time now.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible, the discernment of the Holy Spirit, and other gifted believers who speak accordingly. The ministry of the Apostles as an official clearing house of truth only exists in the pages of our Bibles at this time in history just before the return of Christ. There is no official organization that wholly represents the truth of the Apostles anymore. There hasn’t been for a long time now.
Lol....The bible is not a "teaching body". The person(s) who read the bible and then give their interpretation of it are a "teaching body".....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church is the embodiment of "God's gifted teachers". Not each individual pastor or elder of a church started by John Doe. That is why Scriptre says that the church is the pillar and foundation of the truth....not John Doe is the pillar and foundation of truth. Your theory is false.....
God’s gifted teachers and preachers and leaders exist in the body of believers. They are not unified in an official organization at this time in history. Thankfully, we have some of writings of the original Apostles who were unified in a kind of official clearing house of truth. And so that is our doctrinal authority at this time. They are not here themselves to be that authority. But their teachings are.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol....The bible is not a "teaching body". The person(s) who read the bible and then give their interpretation of it are a "teaching body".....
The Apostles teachings speak to this day even though they themselves have passed on. The embodiment of their teaching is the written word they have left behind, illuminated by the ministry of the Holy Spirit.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostles teachings speak to this day even though they themselves have passed on. The embodiment of their teaching is the written word they have left behind, illuminated by the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
That makes ZERO sense........If their "teachings speak to this day" then why are there so many different "teachings" of the teachings they have passed on? Can you not see the fallacy of your theory?????????????????????????? Is the Holy Spirit confused or are you?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God’s gifted teachers and preachers and leaders exist in the body of believers. They are not unified in an official organization at this time in history. Thankfully, we have some of writings of the original Apostles who were unified in a kind of official clearing house of truth. And so that is our doctrinal authority at this time. They are not here themselves to be that authority. But their teachings are.
Ok.....Can you really not see the fallacy of what you are saying??????????????

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That passage doesn't mean that you can read Scripture and decide your own truth......
Every person, right or wrong, has the responsibility to find out what really is truth and what is not. Like the Bereans each of us is to test everything we hear against the Apostles original teachings and the conviction of the Holy Spirit. You act like no one is capable of doing that and so we need a priesthood to not just give us teachings but to tell us they’re true, too. No, the believer along with the illumination of the Holy Spirit discerns what teachings are true and which ones are not. And like I say, whether he does that honestly or not, it’s still on him to do that, not someone else for him.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes ZERO sense........If their "teachings speak to this day" then why are there so many different "teachings" of the teachings they have passed on? Can you not see the fallacy of your theory?????????????????????????? Is the Holy Spirit confused or are you?
No, you are confused. Just because some people reject the truth and choose the false to be their truth doesn’t mean that what I’m saying is false and makes no sense.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you are confused. Just because some people reject the truth and choose the false to be their truth doesn’t mean that what I’m saying is false and makes no sense.
Lol....OK. Humor me!

How does The Apostles teachings speak to this day when all the pastors of individual denominations "teachings" differ???? That's not logical....Unless you have found the person or denomination that still teaches what the Apostles taught??????????????????????????????

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every person, right or wrong, has the responsibility to find out what really is truth and what is not. Like the Bereans each of us is to test everything we hear against the Apostles original teachings and the conviction of the Holy Spirit. You act like no one is capable of doing that and so we need a priesthood to not just give us teachings but to tell us they’re true, too. No, the believer along with the illumination of the Holy Spirit discerns what teachings are true and which ones are not. And like I say, whether he does that honestly or not, it’s still on him to do that, not someone else for him.
If your theory were true then either the Holy Spirit is confused or all the men who said they were guided by the Holy Spirit are liars since all of their "Spirit inspired truths" are different. Your theory is not logical.......

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok.....Can you really not see the fallacy of what you are saying??????????????
It’s not fallacious. You just can’t see it because you have foolishly put your trust in an organization of men that told you that they decide for you if what you hear is truth or not. An organization of men who have very plainly revealed by how they live to be not from God. And I can hear your next argument already…”but some of them are”. If so, now maybe you’ll begin to see the truth of what I’m saying - the true is intermingled with the false and is not represented in a single clearinghouse of truth like it was in the time of the Apostles.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does The Apostles teachings speak to this day when all the pastors of individual denominations "teachings" differ????
Because not all are honest, and not all are listening! I mean even if you are sure the Catholic Church is the go to body of truth, look at the differing teachings and lifestyles among them. The words of the original Apostles (and the law and the prophets) are the only reliable body of truth. And the Holy Spirit will guide the believer into that truth. And he’ll use other believers to get you there, but there is no one organization that can do that.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because not all are honest, and not all are listening! I mean even if you are sure the Catholic Church is the go to body of truth, look at the differing teachings and lifestyles among them. The words of the original Apostles (and the law and the prophets) are the only reliable body of truth. And the Holy Spirit will guide the believer into that truth. And he’ll use other believers to get you there, but there is no one organization that can do that.
Who decides which men are honest in their teachings and which men are 'not listening'? YOU?

Status
Not open for further replies.