Homosexuality Being Accepted And Embraced By Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who decides which men are honest in their teachings and which men are 'not listening'? YOU?
Yes, you. Each person is responsible to God for themselves to discern what they hear and read is truth. Nobody tells you that what you hear or read is true. The Holy Spirit does. Just because more people will reject the Holy Spirit than listen to him doesn't mean what I'm saying is not true. There is no one place you can go, like in the days of the Apostles, where the whole truth exists in an organization of leaders. That ministry faded away and became corrupt and useless, probably by the 4th century.

So now it's you, the original teachings of the Apostles (and the law and the prophets), and the voice of the Holy Spirit within the believer telling them whether or not what they hear is truth. For there are many voices telling you what is truth and what is not. Only YOU as responsible to God, with the tools God has provided, can see what really is true and what is not. No one can do that for you. If your heart is right and you really do love righteousness you'll see it. Just because lots and lots of people will not, for various reasons they are responsible for, doesn't make that not true.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to start this thread in response to other threads that are no longer available.

@APAK @amigo de christo @Cristo Rei @Reggie Belafonte

While I don’t hate homosexuals but pray for them to abstain from their heinous abominations towards God and repent for their sins, then and only then could I accept a person who is a homosexual be he man or woman into the congregation of God.

It seems like so many so called Christians are embracing this garbage and even encouraging it.

This acceptance of these homosexuals into our Churches and hanging rainbow flags on the fake churches and their homes are a sign of being in league with Satan as are those who accept this deviant filth, because that’s what it is deviant filth.

It goes against the word of God, it’s in the Holy Book and speaks out against it, yet people refuse to acknowledge this, this to me is new age liberal hippy Christianity, that’s what I like to call it, people who accept this form of false Christianity in accepting of these unrepentive individuals are not true Christians and are damned and being fooled by Satan himself to go against God’s word.

I hope this thread is not deleted and is left open for discussion, we as true Christians have a God given right to refuse such things into our flock or churches and the right to discuss it.

Thank you,
JohnPaul

The True Christian Congregation of God don't consider people who are practicing homosexuality as baptized members of the congregation. In other words anyone who is practicing homosexuality isn't a baptized member of the congregation in the true congregation of God. So those who practice homosexuality may come to meetings of the true congregation of God but as,long as they're practicing homosexuality they will not be baptized so are not members of the congregation, meaning they're not christians. So in the true Christian church, homosexuals like everyone else can come to the meetings but are not considered members of the congregation unless they clean their lives up so that they're qualified for baptism. After baptism is when someone is considered a member of the congregation that's when they're said to be christians.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The True Christian Congregation of God don't consider people who are practicing homosexuality as baptized members of the congregation. In other words anyone who is practicing homosexuality isn't a baptized member of the congregation in the true congregation of God. So those who practice homosexuality may come to meetings of the true congregation of God but as,long as they're practicing homosexuality they will not be baptized so are not members of the congregation, meaning they're not christians. So in the true Christian church, homosexuals like everyone else can come to the meetings but are not considered members of the congregation unless they clean their lives up so that they're qualified for baptism. After baptism is when someone is considered a member of the congregation that's when they're said to be christians.
I guess you can't deny people entrance to a building no matter their sex orientation, but if they didn't clean their act up, I would ask them not to attend as they are making a mockery of God's law by just being there, and if they wouldn't leave peacefully I would point them out to all in the congregation, because if they truly want to become Christian they would abstain from their homosexual lifestyle before even entering the building.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you can't deny people entrance to a building no matter their sex orientation, but if they didn't clean their act up, I would ask them not to attend as they are making a mockery of God's law by just being there, and if they wouldn't leave peacefully I would point them out to all in the congregation, because if they truly want to become Christian they would abstain from their homosexual lifestyle before even entering the building.

I wouldn't deprive anyone from coming to the meeting, we don't even deprive those who have been disfellowshipped from the congregation from coming to the meetings. I also don't decide how long a,person has to change his or her ways or clean up their act as you say.

Reactions: Nancy

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't deprive anyone from coming to the meeting, we don't even deprive those who have been disfellowshipped from the congregation from coming to the meetings. I also don't decide how long a,person has to change his or her ways or clean up their act as you say.
To each his own.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might be a silly question, but are those who are disfellowshipped not allowed to sit with the congregation?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might be a silly question, but are those who are disfellowshipped not allowed to sit with the congregation?
They are allowed to sit anywhere in the congregation. What it means when a person who is disfellowshipped and he/she comes to the meetings is that no baptized Christian will shake his/her hand or say a greeting to him/her they won't even speak to them. Also if a baptized Christian comes across a disfellowshipped person outside the meetings out in everyday life, they will not speak with them or say a greeting to them they won't even eat a meal with them.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are allowed to sit anywhere in the congregation. What it means when a person who is disfellowshipped and he/she comes to the meetings is that no baptized Christian will shake his/her hand or say a greeting to him/her they won't even speak to them. Also if a baptized Christian comes across a disfellowshipped person outside the meetings out in everyday life, they will not speak with them or say a greeting to them they won't even eat a meal with them.
Might as well just kick them out, you're ignoring them anyway.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Might as well just kick them out, you're ignoring them anyway.

Disfellowshipping those in the congregation(church) of God is exercised to maintain the purity of the congregation doctrinal of and morally. You can't care about the person who is disfellowshipped only, you have love and care for all the members of the congregation. The exercise of this power is necessary to the continued existence of the true Christian congregation(Church). The true congregation must remain clean and maintain Gods favor in order to be used by him and to represent him. Otherwise, God would expel or cut off the entire congregation. Revelations 2:5; 1 Corinthians 5:5,6
The True God took expelling, or cutting off action in numerous instances. The Apostle Paul with the authority vested in him ordered the expulsion of an incestuous fornicator who had taken his father's wife.(1Corinthians 5:5, 11, 13) Paul also exercised disfellowshipping authority against Hymenaeus and Alexander.(1Timothy 1:19-20).
Some of the offenses that can merit disfellowshipping from the Christian congregation are fornication, adultery, homosexuality, greed, extortion, thievery, lying, drunkenness, reviling, spiritism, murder, idolatry, apostasy and the causing of divisions in the congregation.(1Corinthians 5:9-13; 6:9-10; Titus 3:10-11; Revelation 21:8) There must be two or three witnesses to establish evidence against the accused one.(1Timothy 5:19)
The members in the congregation are also admonished to stop socializing with those who are disorderly and not walking correctly but who are not deemed deserving of complete expulsion. Paul wrote the Thessalonian congregation concerning such: "Stop associating with him, that he may become ashamed. And yet do not be considering him as an enemy, but continue admonishing him as a brother." (2Thessalonians 3:6, 11, 13-15.)
However, regarding any who were Christians but later repudiated the Christian congregation or were expelled from it, the Apostle Paul commanded: "Quit mixing in company with" such a one; and the Apostle John wrote: Never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him." (1Corinthians 5:11; 2John 9-10.)
Those who have been expelled or disfellowshipped may be received back into the congregation if they manifest sincere repentance. (2Corinthians 2:5-8) This is also a protection to the congregation, preventing it from being over reached by Satan in swinging from condoning wrongdoing to the other extreme, becoming harsh and unforgiving.(2Corinthians 2:10-11)

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disfellowshipping those in the congregation(church) of God is exercised to maintain the purity of the congregation doctrinal of and morally. You can't care about the person who is disfellowshipped only, you have love and care for all the members of the congregation. The exercise of this power is necessary to the continued existence of the true Christian congregation(Church). The true congregation must remain clean and maintain Gods favor in order to be used by him and to represent him. Otherwise, God would expel or cut off the entire congregation. Revelations 2:5; 1 Corinthians 5:5,6
The True God took expelling, or cutting off action in numerous instances. The Apostle Paul with the authority vested in him ordered the expulsion of an incestuous fornicator who had taken his father's wife.(1Corinthians 5:5, 11, 13) Paul also exercised disfellowshipping authority against Hymenaeus and Alexander.(1Timothy 1:19-20).
Some of the offenses that can merit disfellowshipping from the Christian congregation are fornication, adultery, homosexuality, greed, extortion, thievery, lying, drunkenness, reviling, spiritism, murder, idolatry, apostasy and the causing of divisions in the congregation.(1Corinthians 5:9-13; 6:9-10; Titus 3:10-11; Revelation 21:8) There must be two or three witnesses to establish evidence against the accused one.(1Timothy 5:19)
The members in the congregation are also admonished to stop socializing with those who are disorderly and not walking correctly but who are not deemed deserving of complete expulsion. Paul wrote the Thessalonian congregation concerning such: "Stop associating with him, that he may become ashamed. And yet do not be considering him as an enemy, but continue admonishing him as a brother." (2Thessalonians 3:6, 11, 13-15.)
However, regarding any who were Christians but later repudiated the Christian congregation or were expelled from it, the Apostle Paul commanded: "Quit mixing in company with" such a one; and the Apostle John wrote: Never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him." (1Corinthians 5:11; 2John 9-10.)
Those who have been expelled or disfellowshipped may be received back into the congregation if they manifest sincere repentance. (2Corinthians 2:5-8) This is also a protection to the congregation, preventing it from being over reached by Satan in swinging from condoning wrongdoing to the other extreme, becoming harsh and unforgiving.(2Corinthians 2:10-11)
I'd kick them out regardless, why keep someone around who is not willing to change and therefore in danger of corrupting the whole congregation, that's how I see it.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd kick them out regardless, why keep someone around who is not willing to change and therefore in danger of corrupting the whole congregation, that's how I see it.

We don't kick people out of meetings and our members don't have very close association with those who are not baptized member's, especially if they're those who practice some form of sexual immorality.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't kick people out of meetings and our members don't have very close association with those who are not baptized member's, especially if they're those who practice some form of sexual immorality.
So you believe that sin has a hierarchy?

And as for how your church treats people, ever read the story of the Lost Sheep?

Your church does not sound very loving at all

Reactions: Lambano and Jim B

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That certainly is what is intended for heaven and the kingdom of God. But as for the church, we should be "equipping the saints", not kicking them out before they know the truth.

The truth regarding homosexuals, is that unlike the role of marriage between a man and a women portraying Christ's marriage with the church, they portray God with God or mankind with mankind, which leaves mankind out of having an eternal relation with God--without eternal life.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the church kicked out every sinner--not one person would be left. That certainly is what is intended for heaven and the kingdom of God, but as for the church, we should be "equipping the saints" not kicking them out before they know the truth.

The truth regarding homosexuals, is that unlike the role of marriage between a man and a women portraying Christ's marriage with the church, they portray God with God or mankind with mankind, which leaves mankind out of having an eternal relation with God--without eternal life.

Can you elaborate? This is pretty heavy. (The underlined part.)

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you elaborate? This is pretty heavy.
The marriage ordained by God existed as a practice, that we should understand the complete mystery of marriage only revealed after thousands of years, to Paul who explained that it portrayed the relationship intended since the begins, "as Christ is to the church." In other words, the practice of "the two becoming one flesh" portrays the Oneness of the Bride with the Bridegroom (Jesus). These portrayals that were establish for all time, are the honor of men and women to show marriage "as unto the Lord." Or...it is completely misunderstood.

The portrayal that is shown by a man marrying a man, is that of (as Christ is God and the male in his marriage to the Bride), as God marrying God-- leaving mankind out of the relationship all together. Likewise, the portrayal that is shown by a women marrying a women, is that of (as the church is the Bride where men and women alike portray women), as mankind marrying mankind-- completely without God.

And this we should tell the world who live in darkness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe that sin has a hierarchy?

And as for how your church treats people, ever read the story of the Lost Sheep?

Your church does not sound very loving at all

God disciplines his people and in the scriptures God tells his people bad association spoils useful habits. That means if you have close association with someone who cheats, steals, uses foul language, gets drunk every weekend, practices any form of sexual immorality then such things will eventually rub off on you. Now you may think you know better than God, I don't, so when the scriptures say bad association spoils useful habits I don't have close association with those that practice the things I listed above.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said nothing about knowing more than God . What a snotz thing to say! All I asked was:

1.Do you believe that sin has a hierarchy, and

2. what about the lost sheep that Christ referred to?

And it doesn't sound like your church is loving. How do we bring the sheep back into the fold? By ignoring them?No. Does your church pray for them?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God disciplines his people and in the scriptures God tells his people bad association spoils useful habits. That means if you have close association with someone who cheats, steals, uses foul language, gets drunk every weekend, practices any form of sexual immorality then such things will eventually rub off on you. Now you may think you know better than God, I don't, so when the scriptures say bad association spoils useful habits I don't have close association with those that practice the things I listed above.

So who will reach out to the lost? If everyone had your attitude sinners would never hear the Gospel or see it in action (loving your neighbor).

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you know someone's heart? I was a serious, committed atheist until Jesus saved me and healed me. If a congregation can't welcome all, regardless of their attitude, I question their authenticity.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's not very Christian behavior. We are told to love our neighbor as ourselves, not hand them over to Satan. If Jesus ate and drank with the worst sinners then we have model behavior to follow. It was the Pharisees who attacked Jesus for his association with undesirables.

Status
Not open for further replies.