Homosexuality: Is it the way a person is born?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are homosexuals born that way?

• Total voters

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother James said:
All are born with a sin nature, but to my knowledge only those whose sin is manifest through homosexuality have organized a radical political movement to justify, rationalize, and force others to validate their sin.
Here is the problem with this line of thinking; homosexuals would never have had to organize in order to push for equal rights and now, special status if our society treated them equally from the beginning. The "gay agenda" as conservatives so charmingly refer to this cultural movement is the monster our society created in the first place. This type of short-sighted thinking on the part of many conservatives is remarkable, but consistent. It really brings into question some people's ability to comprehend cause and effect. Tyranny breeds rebellion; whether it is Palestine, terrorism, or American movements for civil rights. Crazy that people who are citizens of a country born of this very process have loss all concept of it

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have not read all the posts because they probably say the same thing as all the other threads on the topic and having been a researcher of the subject for many years and ran a support group for people with an unwanted same sex attraction I guess I have seen it all and been there, done that.

The overwhelming evidence is this......

You are not born homosexual. I have asked hundreds of homosexuals to provide the proof that you are born homosexuals and not one has been able to provide ANY proof.

There have been a few studies that have tried to prove that you are born homosexual, mainly by homosexuals so they are not objective and all of them have sunk without trace. If they were valid, homosexuals would be shouting far and wide about them.

One has to separate out a same sex attraction (SSA) and being homosexual. They are different. One can acquire a SSA but not be homosexual. To be homosexual, one has to be sexually active and make a choice about it. With all sex, apart from rape the choice is yours.

The reason why anyone acquires a SSA is because of rejection. At some stage in their life and it can happen before birth, the child acquires a sense of rejection. In most cases it is from the same sex parent. As a result that person does not develop a sense of identity and self worth from which flows an emotional dysfunction.

This drives the person to try and find out who he is. Their search can take several roads. For some it is promiscuous sexual activity of any kind. For some it could be an aggressive nature. For some it is alcohol. For those with a SSA it is other men because they don't know who they are so they are attracted to men who are like they would like to be. In other words, they live their lives out through other people all the time.

The sex is an add on and usually at first not all that pleasurable, but when they rationalize that it means acceptance, they go with it. This then becomes their identity. Sex with men is just part of it and a way to acceptance.

Unfortunately it is very fleeting for most so they are constantly on the lookout for Mr. Right who will give them a sense of self worth so they will be prepared to do what is necessary to achieve their aim. I know of one young man who has had half a dozen Mr. Rights and he is still looking for Mr. Right. He will never find him.

For some, their emotional dysfunction is so bad, they have to have sex everyday to bolster their lack of self worth. You will find them in homosexual bath houses and clubs and the beats.

Every homosexual has experienced rejection and a SSA at some time. What they do with it is their choice and their choice alone. No one can make you a homosexual. If a person is they have chosen to go down that road, obviously for the wrong reason and due to emotional dysfunction.

To help them in any way first you have to accept them as they are. Then you can offer them help not to be homosexual. In other words, to help them find release from their unwanted same sex attraction.

My experience is that if they don't want freedom from their SSA, there is nothing you can do for them. As with all pathologies, unless they want help you can do nothing.

With my support group, everyone came because they wanted help to get rid of their unwanted SSA. Your love and acceptance can lead them to wanting freedom from an unwanted SSA but at no time do you approve of their choices. In the support group they all knew that I did not approve of their homosexuality but they did know that I loved and cared for them and as a result, they wanted what I wanted and that was to be free of the SSA.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
marksman said:
I have not read all the posts because they probably say the same thing as all the other threads on the topic and having been a researcher of the subject for many years and ran a support group for people with an unwanted same sex attraction I guess I have seen it all and been there, done that.

The overwhelming evidence is this......

You are not born homosexual. I have asked hundreds of homosexuals to provide the proof that you are born homosexuals and not one has been able to provide ANY proof.

There have been a few studies that have tried to prove that you are born homosexual, mainly by homosexuals so they are not objective and all of them have sunk without trace. If they were valid, homosexuals would be shouting far and wide about them.

One has to separate out a same sex attraction (SSA) and being homosexual. They are different. One can acquire a SSA but not be homosexual. To be homosexual, one has to be sexually active and make a choice about it. With all sex, apart from rape the choice is yours.

The reason why anyone acquires a SSA is because of rejection. At some stage in their life and it can happen before birth, the child acquires a sense of rejection. In most cases it is from the same sex parent. As a result that person does not develop a sense of identity and self worth from which flows an emotional dysfunction.

This drives the person to try and find out who he is. Their search can take several roads. For some it is promiscuous sexual activity of any kind. For some it could be an aggressive nature. For some it is alcohol. For those with a SSA it is other men because they don't know who they are so they are attracted to men who are like they would like to be. In other words, they live their lives out through other people all the time.

The sex is an add on and usually at first not all that pleasurable, but when they rationalize that it means acceptance, they go with it. This then becomes their identity. Sex with men is just part of it and a way to acceptance.

Unfortunately it is very fleeting for most so they are constantly on the lookout for Mr. Right who will give them a sense of self worth so they will be prepared to do what is necessary to achieve their aim. I know of one young man who has had half a dozen Mr. Rights and he is still looking for Mr. Right. He will never find him.

For some, their emotional dysfunction is so bad, they have to have sex everyday to bolster their lack of self worth. You will find them in homosexual bath houses and clubs and the beats.

Every homosexual has experienced rejection and a SSA at some time. What they do with it is their choice and their choice alone. No one can make you a homosexual. If a person is they have chosen to go down that road, obviously for the wrong reason and due to emotional dysfunction.

To help them in any way first you have to accept them as they are. Then you can offer them help not to be homosexual. In other words, to help them find release from their unwanted same sex attraction.

My experience is that if they don't want freedom from their SSA, there is nothing you can do for them. As with all pathologies, unless they want help you can do nothing.

With my support group, everyone came because they wanted help to get rid of their unwanted SSA. Your love and acceptance can lead them to wanting freedom from an unwanted SSA but at no time do you approve of their choices. In the support group they all knew that I did not approve of their homosexuality but they did know that I loved and cared for them and as a result, they wanted what I wanted and that was to be free of the SSA.
Very well written and very well thought out.

Today as we all know, the gay life style is being promoted as the new sexuality. Any criticism is forbidden. How then would anyone suppose they needed help in such an environment?

I had a friend when I was a kid. His name was Peter. We weren't best of friends, but we did share a lot of time. There was never any indication from him that I can think of that he was gay. Years later when I was in the military service my mom sent a letter to me with a newspaper article enclosed. Peter had been murdered during a gay encounter that went horribly bad.

Needless to say I have big problems with those who state the gay lifestyle is something to be embraced - literally as well as figuratively.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft....

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen said:
Here is the problem with this line of thinking; homosexuals would never have had to organize in order to push for equal rights and now, special status if our society treated them equally from the beginning. The "gay agenda" as conservatives so charmingly refer to this cultural movement is the monster our society created in the first place. This type of short-sighted thinking on the part of many conservatives is remarkable, but consistent. It really brings into question some people's ability to comprehend cause and effect. Tyranny breeds rebellion; whether it is Palestine, terrorism, or American movements for civil rights. Crazy that people who are citizens of a country born of this very process have loss all concept of it
Under the covenant of Moses and in the context of the commonwealth of Israel, such unholy behavior was declared by God to be worthy of death. I myself would have been stoned to death at a relatively early age under those same covenants and for my transgressions, but God called me to repentance, not to legitimize my sin or make excuse for it. That which is done is done, but is covered by the blood when we turn to Him. However, when we refuse to turn from sin:
20. "Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die; because you did not give him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand. 21. "Nevertheless if you warn the righteous man that the righteous should not sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; also you will have delivered your soul.'' Ezekial 3:20-21
These verses tell us that God not only holds the sinner responsible for his sin, but holds those who know what is right and have His word, but refuse to warn the sinner, accountable for the blood of that soul. I'm not talking about eternal condemnation of believers as this contradicts what scripture teaches in it's complete revelation, but there is a price we will pay for failing to do what we are commanded to do both now and in eternity.
The laws of our nation (in the USA and sometimes elsewhere) were originally based upon biblical truth and the Bible itself was a principle reference in law schools prior to the beginning of the great apostasy in our government. The conformation to the world's point of view is apostasy and the price will ultimately be destruction. We who have believed in the name of God and received His Son as our propitiation have also been called to a Holy priesthood and an intercessory role for all those who remain outside. We have the role of priest and the role of prophet as parts of the body of Christ and we will not be held blameless for refusing to do our part in His calling, nor by justifying our position through carnal logic or other "fig leafs" of our own invention. Every man will stand condemned before God based upon his own works and only those who receive His righteousness will be justified before Him. The righteous will act righteously. True faith will be manifest in good works. God is not deceived nor is He mocked. Love doesn't turn a blind eye toward sin, but covers it when possible with the blood of Christ. Even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Amen.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
America is not a theocracy, Pardo.

All the competing sacred cows of conservative thought collide on the issue of homosexuality, which is why people of this ilk get so cranky.....

1. Individual rights vs. big government vs longing for big government in the form of a theocracy.

2. Individual rights vs. forced compliance with Gods laws as defined by a literal reading of the Bible.

3. Individual sin vs. corporal sin - homosexuality is an abomination, but corporate greed is exalted.

Summary: sin is incorporated into 'the American way' if it can be turned into profit. Sin that belongs to a minority group is roundly condemned - serving a dual purpose of scapegoat and providing a false sense of self righteousness for those who are not part of the minority group.

In the end, the cognitive dissidence cause by the competing thoughts of hating authority/longing for authority/profiting off of sin/hating sin is all soothed by choosing non profitable sin as a scapegoat.

Politicians are the biggest winners in this dance, by the way.......the only time they lose is if they are stupid enough to accidentally pass legislation to limit the sin they are railing against.....prohibition is a prime example......with the passing of prohibition, politicians lost a century old wedge issue. If they learned their lesson, they will never allow this to happen with current wedge issues like abortion.

Homosexuality is the perfect scapegoat - you are only tempted by it if you are gay. It provides all heterosexuals the ivory tower they long for to soothe their guilt for their own sins.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
The last several posts in this thread (other than Aspen's) demonstrate my point very well. All you have to do is go to a Christian forum, start a thread on gays, and watch what happens.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
River Jordan said:
The last several posts in this thread (other than Aspen's) demonstrate my point very well. All you have to do is go to a Christian forum, start a thread on gays, and watch what happens.
All ya have to do is read God's words on gays.......and watch what happens.....

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen said:
America is not a theocracy, Pardo.

All the competing sacred cows of conservative thought collide on the issue of homosexuality, which is why people of this ilk get so cranky.....

1. Individual rights vs. big government vs longing for big government in the form of a theocracy.

2. Individual rights vs. forced compliance with Gods laws as defined by a literal reading of the Bible.

3. Individual sin vs. corporal sin - homosexuality is an abomination, but corporate greed is exalted.

Summary: sin is incorporated into 'the American way' if it can be turned into profit. Sin that belongs to a minority group is roundly condemned - serving a dual purpose of scapegoat and providing a false sense of self righteousness for those who are not part of the minority group.

In the end, the cognitive dissidence cause by the competing thoughts of hating authority/longing for authority/profiting off of sin/hating sin is all soothed by choosing non profitable sin as a scapegoat.

Politicians are the biggest winners in this dance, by the way.......the only time they lose is if they are stupid enough to accidentally pass legislation to limit the sin they are railing against.....prohibition is a prime example......with the passing of prohibition, politicians lost a century old wedge issue. If they learned their lesson, they will never allow this to happen with current wedge issues like abortion.

Homosexuality is the perfect scapegoat - you are only tempted by it if you are gay. It provides all heterosexuals the ivory tower they long for to soothe their guilt for their own sins.
Of course America isn't a theocracy, but does that make the nation less accountable to God? God judges nations as well as individuals. As a matter of fact, the days of judgment described in scripture, both Old testament and New, are generally about the judgment of nations and not that of individuals and there is a reason for such judgment which goes beyond the judgment of men, but extends to the judgment of spiritual beings, powers, authorities, principalities, and all who were entrusted as ministers to men until the time when Christ would come in His glory and as the inheritor of all things. Why do you think that the scripture says that we will judge angels?
When Jesus addressed the guilt of those in authority, He did it in general terms for the simple reason that those who were entrusted with ruler ship and the administration of God's laws are accountable for their actions to a higher degree than men who remain largely ignorant of their responsibilities and accountability before a Holy God, and the hierarchy of rule goes beyond that which we see in this world.
With regard to your last statement, however, it is patently false if you're insinuating that sexuality is somehow predetermined at birth. If that were the case, there wouldn't be homosexuals and lesbians who've abandoned that lifestyle (which is entirely about sexual gratification) in favor of a normal and God honoring lifestyle, either celibate or sanctified in marriage, and there are thousands of such men and women.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we born homosexual ? Some are born with a propensity to gravitate toward same-sex attraction (homosexual). Others are born with a sexual desire for opposite sex (heterosexual), but is "out of balance". Why ? After confessing his sin with Bathsheba, David explains: "Look! I was born guilty of error, and my mother conceived me in sin."(Ps 51:5)

David recognized that he was born with wrong desires, "in sin" (the word "sin" is from the Hebrew chat·ta’th, that has the meaning "to miss", as in missing when aiming at a target, so that we miss the mark of perfect obedience to Jehovah God), be it with the opposite sex or with the same sex. He knew that when we are conceived in the womb, our genetic make-up is flawed.

If a car's front end components are worn (which includes the tires), this can cause a car to wander on the road when being driven. And unless a concerted effort is made to control it until repairs can be made, the car's defect in the front end can steer the driver rather than the driver steering the car.

So likewise with ourselves, we are defective, "conceived in sin", and the natural sexual desire that our Maker, Jehovah God placed in each of us, for an attraction toward the opposite sex (within God's moral perimeters), has been "bent out shape".

For example, to eat food is natural, but if we become a glutton, we have crossed a natural, normal boundary and of which we become a slave to food rather than food serving our natural interests. The apostle Paul wrote concerning the licentiousness of the Roman Empire's life-style in the 1st century:

"Therefore, God, in keeping with the desires of their hearts, gave them up to uncleanness, so that their bodies might be dishonored among them. They exchanged the truth of God (of natural sex being between a man and a woman who are married) for the lie (seeking homosexual tendencies) and venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation (the desire for wrongful sex, slaving for it like a god) rather than the Creator, who is praised forever. Amen. That is why God gave them over to uncontrolled sexual passion (he has permitted them to do as they wish for now, but not permanently), for their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; likewise also the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full penalty (of God's displeasure and eventual destruction), which was due for their error."(Rom 1:24-27)

This deviant sexual behavior now has become commonplace, with the homosexual "community" drumming for their "rights". However, only sex between a man and woman (rightfully only between a man as a husband and a woman as his wife) is "natural", whereas any other sexual arrangement is divergent from the original standard that our Maker, Jehovah God, established in the garden of Eden with the creation of Adam and Eve as his wife.(Gen 2:24)

Jesus reaffirmed this original sexual standard, saying to the Pharisees: "Have you not read (at Gen 2:24) that the one who created them from the beginning made them male and female and said: ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two (male and female, not male with male nor female with female) will be one flesh’? So that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has yoked together, let no man put apart.” (Matt 19:4-6)

God recognizes no other sexual union (of a man as a husband with a woman as his wife) as proper, but has an appointed time in the near future to bring about a change, to do away with anyone who refuses to align him or herself with God's original moral standards, for the apostle Paul wrote that "God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven (through the preaching of the "good news of the Kingdom", Matt 24:14) against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who are suppressing the truth in an unrighteous way."(Rom 1:18)

His "wrath" is almost upon us, for "the war of the great day of God the Almighty", called Armageddon, is very close.(Rev 16:14, 16) The "truth" of the proper sexual arrangement is being suppressed by the gay community, but which our Creator will deal directly with soon.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said Guestman. Because of the corruption of original sin, we're all born with a predisposition toward certain sinful behaviors. That doesn't mean that we're exempt from the consequences of those sinful behaviors.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nomad said:
Well said Guestman. Because of the corruption of original sin, we're all born with a predisposition toward certain sinful behaviors. That doesn't mean that we're exempt from the consequences of those sinful behaviors.
The "world" of mankind mostly feels no qualms when violating God's moral standards. Even the word "sin" is not used by the churches as it once was, but rather they, in effect, "sugar-coat" wrong conduct (as an example homosexuality), such as Joel Osteen in Houston, Texas (Lakewood church), with him being nicknamed "the candyman" by some, preaching "feel good religion" (garnering some 43,500 members and living in a $10.5 million mansion since 2010).

Around the turn of the 21st century, morality among the churches began to change. In 2003, Gene Robinson was approved as bishop, though "openly bisexual", of a diocese of the Episcopal church (division of the Anglican church or Communion) in New Hampshire as well as lesbian Mary Glasspool was consecrated ("declared holy") as a bishop in the Anglican Communion in 2009.

In 2008, due to the Anglican Church allowing homosexuals to be in "favor" and the appointment of Gene Robinson, there developed a rift within the Anglican church as to what constitutes sin sexually, causing some to branch off, forming the Anglican Church of North America, that are made up of primarily those who have left the Episcopal church.

The Anglican Church of New Zealand now allows non-celibate homosexuals to become ordained clergy.(since 1992, the church has said that it is required to "maintain the right of every person to choose any particular cultural expression of the faith", opening the door to any number of "acceptances")

But where does the Bible stand on the matter of the LBGT community (lesbian, bi-sexual, gay and transgender) ? Many feel, even in the churches, that because they have a homosexual tendency, that God should overlook or accept them just the way they are.

However, just as the specifications for a quality product cannot altered and still maintain excellence of quality that insures a safe and enjoyable product, likewise the moral standards of the Bible cannot be "watered down" or lowered to fit the personal tastes of many.

The apostle Peter wrote: "So rid yourselves of all badness.....As newborn infants, form a longing for the unadulterated (Greek adolon, meaning "guileless, unadulterated, pure", Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, pg 102) milk of the word, so that by means of it you may grow to salvation."(1 Pet 2:1, 2)

Hence, there cannot be "watering down" of the Bible's moral standards or any of Jehovah God's laws. As a result, this is causing a separation between those who want to enjoy an "alternative life-style" and those who remain firm for the Bible's level of excellence.

But due to the shift of morality among the masses, in which the churches have acquiesced, is a telling sign that they are not the "one faith" that irrevocably takes a stand for God's moral boundaries.(Eph 4:5) At 1 Corinthians 6, the apostle Paul wrote that "do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom ? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral (unrighteous), idolaters (unrighteous), adulterers (unrighteous), men who submit to homosexual acts (unrighteous), men who practice homosexuality (unrighteous), thieves (unrighteous), greedy people (unrighteous), drunkards (unrighteous), revilers (unrighteous), and extortioners (unrighteous) will not inherit God’s Kingdom. And yet that is what some of you were (past tense, having stripped off homosexuality, Col 3, 9 and replaced it with God's clean moral standards, Col 3:10). But you have been washed clean; you have been sanctified; you have been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God."(1 Cor 6:9-11)

In about 49 C.E., the apostles and older men in Jerusalem, were settling the issue of circumcision. James (half brother of Jesus) stood up and said that "Sym′e·on (or Peter) has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name."(Acts 15:14)

What were those to do who became "a people for (God's) name" of Jehovah ? These were to abstain from "fornication".(Acts 15;20, KJV) What is "fornication" ? It is from the Greek word porneia (from which comes the English word pornography) and means "illicit sexual relations outside of marriage (between a man as a husband and a woman as his wife)".

Porneia is understood to involve the grossly immoral use of the sex organs of at least one human, which could be another person, or a beast or animal. The unlawful act of a rapist is fornication, but that does not make the person who was forcibly raped also a fornicator.

This "generation" was prophetically spoken of at Proverbs 30, saying: "There is a generation that is pure in its own eyes but has not been cleansed from its filth."(Prov 30:12) We are seeing that "generation". The "sky's the limit" for whatever a person wants to do, in any way sexually, feeling no qualms of conscience.

Jehovah's wrath or anger is coming soon, not just on the sexually deviant, but on all of mankind that have not ' called upon the name of Jehovah (by exercising faith, not just belief).' (Joel 2:32; Rom 10:13) Jeremiah wrote: "This is what Jehovah of armies says: ‘Look ! A calamity is spreading from nation to nation, and a great tempest will be unleashed from the remotest parts of the earth. And those slain by Jehovah in that day (at Armageddon, Rev 16:16) will be from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be mourned, nor will they be gathered up or buried. They will become like manure on the surface of the ground.’ "(Jer 25:32, 33)

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
ZebraHug said:
Started in a new thread, is homosexuality a part of homosexuals (like something they are born with, a trait if you please), or is learnt behaviour?

Yours truly takes the negative.
The issue is not birth condition.

The jury is still out on that one depending upon which politically correct expert you prefer.

The issue, according to Jesus Christ, is self-denial. One is required to take up one's cross, whatever that may be, and follow the Master.

There are no excuses because of birth defects, political affiliations, national citizenship, sexual preferences, or bad luck in life. None.

One is expected to take up one's cross, deny himself, and follow Christ. That's what a Christian is.

Everything else is smoke and mirrors, cheap excuses for a license to sin. In the Kingdom of God, there is no such thing as an excuse to sin.

You either march in the parade or you watch it go by.

You either live in Christ or you die in sin.

Simple.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Reactions: KingJ

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
It's both. Homosexuality, without a doubt, MUST do with the body. It has to do with sexual attraction, all of which is about the body. First, the person must have the capacity to have their sexual preference distorted. That is something born with and has to do with genetic code. Second, the person must develop into it. Maybe daddy didn't give enough hugs, maybe daddy gave too many hugs, I don't know. But sexuality is very, very stuck once puberty is finished.

As a proof that sexuality is stuck at the end of puberty, how many people here 30+ still find 20 year olds attractive? That will be just about all of you. You liked people your age growing up, but once puberty ends, that age group stays attractive. It works the same way for gender. By the end of puberty, whatever sexually attracts a person is going to stay.

Does this make homosexuality ok? No. It is a malformity. By definition, males are supposed to want females and females are supposed to want males. If this is not the case, it means your body has something wrong with it. I wouldn't fret too much since everybody has something wrong with them. I have 6 lumbar vertabrae (supposed to have five). However, embracing homosexuality is definitely something to fret about. We are called to be perfect, even in our imperfection. Just because I really like food doesn't mean I'm allowed to be a gluton. Just because I really like sex doesn't mean I'm allowed to sleep with hoards of women. And if I were to like men as a man, it doesn't mean that I'm allowed to sleep with men anyway.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tex said:
It's both. Homosexuality, without a doubt, MUST do with the body. It has to do with sexual attraction, all of which is about the body. First, the person must have the capacity to have their sexual preference distorted. That is something born with and has to do with genetic code. Second, the person must develop into it. Maybe daddy didn't give enough hugs, maybe daddy gave too many hugs, I don't know. But sexuality is very, very stuck once puberty is finished.

As a proof that sexuality is stuck at the end of puberty, how many people here 30+ still find 20 year olds attractive? That will be just about all of you. You liked people your age growing up, but once puberty ends, that age group stays attractive. It works the same way for gender. By the end of puberty, whatever sexually attracts a person is going to stay.

Does this make homosexuality ok? No. It is a malformity. By definition, males are supposed to want females and females are supposed to want males. If this is not the case, it means your body has something wrong with it. I wouldn't fret too much since everybody has something wrong with them. I have 6 lumbar vertabrae (supposed to have five). However, embracing homosexuality is definitely something to fret about. We are called to be perfect, even in our imperfection. Just because I really like food doesn't mean I'm allowed to be a gluton. Just because I really like sex doesn't mean I'm allowed to sleep with hoards of women. And if I were to like men as a man, it doesn't mean that I'm allowed to sleep with men anyway.
I've heard the argument that same gender attraction is genetic, but I've yet to see any physical evidence to support the claim (over the last 30 years since I'd had my university level courses on genetics) that any human behavior is genetic or instinctive, (beyond the obvious suckling response of a newborn infant and other reflexive behaviors tied to the more primitive parts of the brain and necessary to survival. Reproduction would tend to be included in such a subset, but same sex attraction would be counterproductive to the natural function.) Nurture vs. nature governing behavior is an old argument in the psychological community, but most "evidence" that I've come across has been in the way of statistical evaluation of children vs. parents. The preponderance of evidence is that higher human behavior (non reflexive) is learnt and not innate, though things like hormonal imbalances can cause abnormal responses to normal stimuli, and these may be perpetuated from genetic abnormality. The key word though in that statement is "abnormality" as defined biologically and not socially (anything a society permits can be deemed normal by that society.) Scripture calls same sex attraction "unnatural" and that should settle any faith based argument with regard to "normalcy."
When men reject scripture in favor of intellectual models (science) they proclaim themselves wiser than God (or reject God outright and consider themselves the ultimate authority and gods in their own right.)
A debate such as in this thread wouldn't find a place in a "Christian" forum, if the participants all believed in the God of scripture.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
RANDOR said:
God sayzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...what part of no homosexual will enter the kingdom....do ya not understand ;)
I ask...what part of the OPs questions don't you understand?
BTW, non-practising homosexuals can enter the Kingdom of Heaven if they get saved.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Yep...and it is a glorious thing....they see the bondage they were once in.....and they finally recognized it as sin.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I don't know why anyone would want to be identified by their sexuality. Next thing you know people will start using it as an honorary.

Reactions: KingJ

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
lforrest said:
I don't know why anyone would want to be identified by their sexuality. Next thing you know people will start using it as an honorary.
The LGBT community fosters it as a mean of justification, and they are the only ones who do. No doubt they want to be accepted as normal, even though they don't act like it and for all intents and purposes are not.