HOMOSEXUALITY REVISITED

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Lanai

Jul 29, 2013
@Marksman:

Once again, you have ignored pretty much everything I said, and brought up new arguments. When I refute your points, you dump them and start over. This is a common logical fallacy known as the Moving The Goalpost Fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goal_posts

It is why I blocked Dodo, and why I am now blocking you.

May God guide us both. I wish you good things in your life. Goodbye.

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
Robertson said:
As far as our national laws go however, there is no basis behind barring specific groups from marriage. If you look at gay marriage, we Christians and others just think that it is against God's commandments and it is gross. Earlier Christians thought marriage between blacks and whites was disgusting and against God's will. Though they may be right, it still is no basis to persecute them if they are in love and want to enter into that covenant with each other. And what do we care? The fact is that the state cannot prove that it causes its citizens a real and credible threat of harm, besides what we may see as a moral harm. The same issue goes with polygamy. Plural marriage is illegal because our Western culture thinks it is gross and immoral. Surprisingly, a lot of Christians who read the Bible have come to the same conclusion when the Bible condones plural marriage and the whole blessed tribes of Israel were sprung out of polygamy. Not that I'm a polygamist or want any more wives, lol, but I am just using it as a point that even Christians can persecute other groups of people when they should not.

What we need to worry about is our Christian ethics and make sure we keep the commandments. If other people aren't, so be it. They will one day face God and realize they are not like Him and cannot be where He is.

Yes, please. Let us be kind enough to say that Yah'shua loves the heterosexually uninclined, and would accept him/her/it if only they would turn to Him. To YHVH, these acts are an abomination, but in reality so too is adultery and fornication, murder and theft, and a raft of other sins. It's sin, a lack of perfection, yet anyone can gain Yah'shua's perfect walk in His blood if they will, but as you say, if they do not, one day it will be too late.

As for the marriage issue, those not following the natural that seek after the blessing of YHVH in a marriage ceremoney are but fooling themselves. A sacrement is a sacrement still, and even if they manipulate some within the liberal camp to perform a semblemce of marriage, they cannot make it a sacrement, and they know it. It is why they want it so badly.

Q

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blue Lanai said:
It is why I blocked Dodo, and why I am now blocking you.
Gee... Can you block me too?

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
rockytopva said:
Hey vale of tears... First of all I thank you for all your input here on CB. What do you think of the popes latest remark on homosexuality... IE... .Who am I to judge?
Between being an over the road truck driver and my family, I'm afraid I don't have the slightest clue what the Pope most recently said on homosexuality. I used to be an avid EWTN watcher, but now there never seems to be any time.
Selene said:
Hey....I've even met people who tell me that the word "homosexuality" doesn't exist in the Bible......which is true considering that the word is a modern word. Nevertheless, it's what the Book of Leviticus and St. Paul was saying. Homosexuality is a sin. Perhaps, they didn't call it "homosexuality" during that time, but the behavior is the same.
And in fact because homosexuality is described as "a man lying with a man as he would a woman" it's meaning is even more unmistakable than if Leviticus simply used the word "homosexual". Then in Romans, it's described as "men forsaking natural relations with the woman and burning in lust for one another." Both times, the more graphic explanation makes the meaning even more incontrovertible. There's really no denying the Bible's sound condemnation of this practice and lifestyle.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Marksman:

Once again, you have ignored pretty much everything I said, and brought up new arguments. When I refute your points, you dump them and start over. This is a common logical fallacy known as the Moving The Goalpost Fallacy.
You will have to forgive me but how can I ignore everything you have said when I haven't responded yet to your previous post which ignored everything I said? I haven't dumped any of my points because no response has been made by me.

Maybe you have the ability to respond immediately you read something, but I tend to give some thought to my response before posting to ensure my facts are straight, so it can be a bit slow.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
This Vale Of Tears said:
Between being an over the road truck driver and my family, I'm afraid I don't have the slightest clue what the Pope most recently said on homosexuality. I used to be an avid EWTN watcher, but now there never seems to be any time.

And in fact because homosexuality is described as "a man lying with a man as he would a woman" it's meaning is even more unmistakable than if Leviticus simply used the word "homosexual". Then in Romans, it's described as "men forsaking natural relations with the woman and burning in lust for one another." Both times, the more graphic explanation makes the meaning even more incontrovertible. There's really no denying the Bible's sound condemnation of this practice and lifestyle.
The Pope didn't say anything that goes against the teachings of the Church. He simply said that it's not his place to judge homosexuals because they're sinners like all of us. However, we can say that the ACT of homosexuality is a sin and goes against God's commandment. That is the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.