Homosexuality: Wrong or Right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is how we KNOW = God said so..................

And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. 22Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

23And Adam said:

“This is now bone of my bones = "now' not later but NOW
And flesh of my flesh;
I thought Adam meant (by "now") "The creatures You brought to me before were not suitable, but, now you brought me something that is perfect for me."
She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man.”

24Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

25And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
Oh, well, there ya go.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought Adam meant (by "now") "The creatures You brought to me before were not suitable, but, now you brought me something that is perfect for me."

Oh, well, there ya go.
Yous said: I thought Adam meant (by "now") "The creatures You brought to me before were not suitable, but, now you brought me something that is perfect for me."

my Brother in Christ - when i read this i broke out in LOL so please take no offence

Eve was not just another 'animal' and yet that is the way sin has demeaned women throughout history.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yous said: I thought Adam meant (by "now") "The creatures You brought to me before were not suitable, but, now you brought me something that is perfect for me."

my Brother in Christ - when i read this i broke out in LOL so please take no offence

Eve was not just another 'animal' and yet that is the way sin has demeaned women throughout history.
Not sure what you're saying.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what you're saying.
The "creatures" that God brought to Adam were animals = birds, fish, deer, lions, tigers and bears "Oh-My!"

They were a lower order of Creation and not "suitable' for Adam = he could not establish a relationship with them other then being a Ruler over them since the are inferior creatures compared to the makings/design/Origin of Adam.

We are not on the Yellow Brick Road going to see the Oz...............

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "creatures" that God brought to Adam were animals = birds, fish, deer, lions, tigers and bears "Oh-My!"

They were a lower order of Creation and not "suitable' for Adam = he could not establish a relationship with them other then being a Ruler over them since the are inferior creatures compared to the makings/design/Origin of Adam.

And why does that make you laugh?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Genesis 2
18Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” 19Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name. 20The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him. 21So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. 22The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.

23The man said,
“This is now bone of my bones,
And flesh of my flesh;

So, the context of God bringing him all these other creatures was "I will make him a helper suitable for him", and none of those animals were suitable for him, but then He fashions the woman out of his own body, and he finally finds what is suitable for him--thus the "now" may be "as opposed to what was brought to me before".

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 2
18Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” 19Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name. 20The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him. 21So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. 22The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.

23The man said,
“This is now bone of my bones,
And flesh of my flesh;

So, the context of God bringing him all these other creatures was "I will make him a helper suitable for him", and none of those animals were suitable for him, but then He fashions the woman out of his own body, and he finally finds what is suitable for him--thus the "now" may be "as opposed to what was brought to me before".
CORRECT

The "now" means "finally" and it ALSO means at the immediate present = NOW/TODAY, not another day, hour or minute

i also want to clarify what made me laugh = i have a vivid imagination and could see Adam going thru the animals saying nope, nope, nope, yuck, this is getting disgusting.........lol

Reactions: GracePeace

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us look at this from the perspective of a child.

Who else was Adam going to marry?

Let's look at this from the perspective of an adult with a fully formed frontal lobe and the ability to reason correctly.

"Who else was Adam going to marry?" is not anywhere near to being the same question as:

"Was Adam joined in holy matrimony to Eve as soon as she drew her first breath?"

When I did dot-to-dot puzzles, even as a child, it was not by joining every single dot to every other single dot that a beautiful image was revealed.

Bible study is both logical and spiritual, but it is not subject to any whim I might coincidentally conceive.

I'm sorry, Dave, but with all the brotherly love I can summon, I have to say that we've been down this road before, and it always reminds me all too much of a scene from The Pied Piper Of Hamelin. I'm in the church with the adults, and I'm not going to that cave. :hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes:

:hearteyes:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's look at this from the perspective of an adult with a fully formed frontal lobe and the ability to reason correctly.

"Who else was Adam going to marry?" is not anywhere near to being the same question as:

"Was Adam joined in holy matrimony to Eve as soon as she drew her first breath?"

When I did dot-to-dot puzzles, even as a child, it was not by joining every single dot to every other single dot that a beautiful image was revealed.

Bible study is both logical and spiritual, but it is not subject to any whim I might coincidentally conceive.

I'm sorry, Dave, but with all the brotherly love I can summon, I have to say that we've been down this road before, and it always reminds me all too much of a scene from The Pied Piper Of Hamelin. I'm in the church with the adults, and I'm not going to that cave. :hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes:

Barney,
Here is how we KNOW = God said so..................

And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place.
Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

And Adam said:

“This is now bone of my bones
And flesh of my flesh;

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

my Brother Barney it is best not to travel down the road of human intellect alone.
The Word and the Holy Spirit is our Guide.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GracePeace @Big Boy Johnson @BarneyFife

Look at Post 1,899 again specifically at the Genesis scripture that is posted.

There is a statement (besides the "man and woman") that is DIRECTLY related to this Thread.

C if u can SEE and please let me know what you SEE

CLUE = It is a EYE OPENER

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Barney,
i just took anothe rlook at your post and noticed this which you said: "I'm not going to that cave"

Therefore i must adjust my response to you:

my Brother Barney it is best not to travel down the road of human intellect alone or you may end up in a cave with other like minded people.

As for me = The Word and the Holy Spirit is our Guide.

i invite you my Brother to walk together with us who love and believe "every word that proceeds from the Mouth of God"

Peace Brother Barney

• Wow
Reactions: BarneyFife

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at Post 1,899 again specifically at the Genesis scripture that is posted.

There is a statement (besides the "man and woman") that is DIRECTLY related to this Thread.

C if u can SEE and please let me know what you SEE

CLUE = It is a EYE OPENER

God's Word... STILL says being funny is a sin! agree.gif

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word... STILL says being funny is a sin! View attachment 41322

Well, it is always a 'heart issue' - Yes?

Never forget about the legalism (heart issue) that crucified the MESSIAH.

Psalm 126
When the Lord brought back the captivity of Zion,
We were like those who dream.
2Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
And our tongue with singing.
Then they said among the nations,
“The Lord has done great things for them.”
3The Lord has done great things for us,
And we are glad.

LOOK at it this Way from the Capital One TV Commercial that asks: What's in your wallet?

God says: "What's in your heart"
AND
"A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart."
AND
"The heart is deceitful above all things,
And desperately wicked;
Who can know it?
I, the Lord, search the heart,
I test the mind,
Even to give every man according to his ways,
According to the fruit of his doings."

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney,
i just took anothe rlook at your post and noticed this which you said: "I'm not going to that cave"

Therefore i must adjust my response to you:

my Brother Barney it is best not to travel down the road of human intellect alone or you may end up in a cave with other like minded people.

As for me = The Word and the Holy Spirit is our Guide.

i invite you my Brother to walk together with us who love and believe "every word that proceeds from the Mouth of God"

Peace Brother Barney

You're either dancing around your words or you're not being clear enough about what you say from the outset.

In any case, I'm not in the mood for the Sesame Street, bait-and-switch routine today, Dave.

Either Adam and Eve were married before any words were spoken by anyone (because that's what you implied in post #1874), or they weren't.

Whether it's intentional or not, I can't tell, but you're tossing the goalposts around like hot potatoes in what looks like a Guru play, and I'm just not buying it.

And it all comes off like I'm siding with those who are condoning sin, when all I really want is for things to be clarified rather than muddied.

There's no peace for me amidst confusion, Dave.

FYI, this is passive-aggressive, "us-and-them" language, Dave. It's not very friendly or brotherly at all.

Why do I need an invitation to walk with believers and lovers (you forgot "living by," btw) of every word of God unless it is being assumed that I'm not already doing so?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're either dancing around your words or you're not being clear enough about what you say from the outset.

In any case, I'm not in the mood for the Sesame Street, bait-and-switch routine today, Dave.

Either Adam and Eve were married before any words were spoken by anyone (because that's what you implied in post #1874), or they weren't.

Whether it's intentional or not, I can't tell, but you're tossing the goalposts around like hot potatoes in what looks like a Guru play, and I'm just not buying it.

And it all comes off like I'm siding with those who are condoning sin, when all I really want is for things to be clarified rather than muddied.

There's no peace for me amidst confusion, Dave.

FYI, this is passive-aggressive, "us-and-them" language, Dave. It's not very friendly or brotherly at all.

Why do I need an invitation to walk with believers and lovers (you forgot "living by," btw) of every word of God unless it is being assumed that I'm not already doing so?

JESUS has given to us the HIGHEST Commandment:
"A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you also must love one another."

Barney, who came up with the "cave" analogy suggesting that i was leading you there as the "Pied Piper"

Who did not accept Genesis ch2 where it is written: "the man and his wife"

Who prefers 'mature adults' over the words of Christ who said: Luke 10:21
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.

Who has been encouraging you Barney to "believe every word of that proceeds from the Mouth of God"