Homosexuality: Wrong or Right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean like when you accused me of hating love?
No, unlike that, because I am telling the truth according to the Bible--the same Bible that, speaking in love, defines sodomy as sin, and which truth you hate.

All I'm saying is that the Bible is correct.

Reactions: The Learner

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If LGBT is a passing fad then the church need not worry about it, right?
Jesus said it's not a "passing fad". It's a clear sign of the terminal generation. LGBT's and LGBT supporters are heading for Hell fire "this generation".

Luke 17:28-30
28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built;
29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.
30 Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
BINGO!
I agree. It's complex subject no matter what angle you try to deal with it.
"Complicated" makes it sound impossible, though.
I actually wrote "complex".
Which means, I don't think we should OVERsimplify it.
Tossing it out as a B+W issue doesn't really do anything to address the real problem with the church on this subject.
Fine folks like yourself who have had to grapple with it in close proximity are a lot more empathetic to the complexities.

I'm guessing this isn't something that you have addressed out in the open with your church folk?
And for good reason. And THAT is the problem here. We have to keep things under wraps or church folks go ballistic.

So no, it's not impossible (complicated), but church folk don't want to put on their boots and wade into this mess.
Understandable, I suppose. But, like a plugged sewer line, someone has to get down in the muck and clean it out.

1706276169209.jpeg

/

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
church folk don't want to put on their boots and wade into this mess.

It's mot so much as not wanting to get out in to the mess... it's that doing so rarely produces fruit when you are trying to help people who have no interest in walking with the Lord.

We need to be led by the Lord in who we help as many don't want the Lord at all and when that's the attitude all one can really do is plant God's Word, pray over the Word that was planted and move on.

You know the old saying... you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him whistle dixie! disagree.gif

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually wrote "complex".
Which means, I don't think we should OVERsimplify it.

Oops. Sorry. :(

I'm guessing this isn't something that you have addressed out in the open with your church folk?
And for good reason. And THAT is the problem here. We have to keep things under wraps or church folks go ballistic.

I generally wouldn't discuss it with people I see on a regular basis simply out of respect for my son's privacy. I'm known at church for caring very little about appearances for appearances' sake.

:hearteyes: