Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is homosexuality a sin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlight

Jul 18, 2011
United Kingdom
It's a pretty sound opinion, seeing as I don't know of anyone who consciously made that choice. Or pray tell, divulge when you decided to be a hetrosexual? Heck, chance your mind now if it's so easy to do so!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
It's a pretty sound opinion, seeing as I don't know of anyone who consciously made that choice. Or pray tell, divulge when you decided to be a hetrosexual? Heck, chance your mind now if it's so easy to do so!

But it is irrelevant since they will go to Hell unless they repent and forsake their sin. It's the bottom line that matters.

Highlight

Jul 18, 2011
United Kingdom
Oh I agree with that. But that's true of us all, surely? I see no point in singling out homosexuals as sinners when we all are.

I see you and I are goint to get along very wel! ;)

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Oh I agree with that. But that's true of us all, surely? I see no point in singling out homosexuals as sinners when we all are.

I see you and I are goint to get along very wel! ;)

The verse I quoted didn't 'single out homosexuals'. This thread is about homosexuality.

Highlight

Jul 18, 2011
United Kingdom
I never suggested that the passage you quoted did. But the topic does, because the question posed is "is homosexuality a sin?". My answer would be "it's irrelevant".

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I never suggested that the passage you quoted did.

Ok
But the topic does, because the question posed is "is homosexuality a sin?". My answer would be "it's irrelevant".
I don't get your point. What does it matter either way, since homosexuals are going to Hell, unless they give up living in that sin?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Highlight - I like your posts.

Ducky, how do you expect a homosexual or any sinner to repent of their sins if the HS hasn't convicted them of the sin, yet?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Ducky, how do you expect a homosexual or any sinner to repent of their sins if the HS hasn't convicted them of the sin, yet?
Your question is totally irrelevant. If they don't repent and give up their sin they burn in Hell.

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, You guys are making this worse... You are seriously trying to argue if HOMOSEXUALITY is a sin, its right there in scripture. It is what it is. You cant pick and choose which commands of GOD you will agree with. This is sad... seriously... HOMOSEXUALITY is a sin condition = Iniquity. Read genesis, we are ALL born Sinners, since the fall odfadam and eve... So get over it and get Jesus, END of discussion there is no other way around it. You can try to argue ur opinion until u die, but if that's the case, GOOD Luck, because then u'll answer only to GOD, and what if he says "Away from me I never knew you" Tough luck.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Tim, no offense, but what are you talking about?
The people you are talking about have already acknowledged that homosexuality is a sin.
One is just taking the dodge that God's call for Christians to interact with sinners in love and share the good news doesn't need to happen because the Holy Spirit will do all the legwork, ignorant of the fact that the Holy Spirit uses Christian interaction with sinners to help them receive that conviction.

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tim, no offense, but what are you talking about?
The people you are talking about have already acknowledged that homosexuality is a sin.
One is just taking the dodge that God's call for Christians to interact with sinners in love and share the good news doesn't need to happen because the Holy Spirit will do all the legwork, ignorant of the fact that the Holy Spirit uses Christian interaction with sinners to help them receive that conviction.

That would be called an excuse.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Some, like Aspen, who say that voting against Gay Marraige is "violating the civil rights" of gays can be seen as defending homosexuality, yes.
This is compounded by the fact that he (incorrectly) states than anyone who witnesses to a homosexual uses criticism, ridicule, etc. and doesn't speak out of love or at the direction of the Holy Spirit.
But he is on the record as stating that homosexuality is a sin.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some, like Aspen, who say that voting against Gay Marraige is "violating the civil rights" of gays can be seen as defending homosexuality, yes.
This is compounded by the fact that he (incorrectly) states than anyone who witnesses to a homosexual uses criticism, ridicule, etc. and doesn't speak out of love or at the direction of the Holy Spirit.
But he is on the record as stating that homosexuality is a sin.

The only thing I would correct Foreigner on, since he has taken the liberty to speak for me is that I never said that "anyone who witnesses to a homosexual uses criticism, ridicule, etc. and doesn't speak out of love or at the direction of the Holy Spirit. " I said that all homosexuals know that the majority of Christians believe homosexuality is a sin and that preaching to the mind is not going to convict the heart - only the HS can convict sinners of personal sin. But Foreigner already know that.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Aspen, you have multiple times used that example and that example alone as to how people witness to homosexuals.

And you are still clueless to the fact that the Holyl Spirit actually directs - yes, directs - some Christians to speak to homosexuals, as well millions of others.

If we all thought as you did, there would be no witnessing to anyone. As long as it was spoken of in churches and heard about on TV or radio, there would be no other witnessing necessary.

Hospital ministries, prison and jail ministries, homeless shelter ministries....no need.
They have already heard that they are sinners via TV, Radio or the church they went to 30 years ago. No need for Christian interaction.

You know, the face-to-face Christian interaction that brings MILLIONS of people into the family of Christ every year via the Holy Spirit's call for Christians to share God's message.

You say you have four friends who are gay and you have only told one of them you are a Christian, and that was only because he asked.
You just assume they know the truth so you just silently "love" them, assuming they already know the truth about God's love.

And when you stand before God and He asks why you didn't witness to them, you are going to point out that it was His Holy Spirit must have dropped the ball, right?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen, you have multiple times used that example and that example alone as to how people witness to homosexuals.

I do not believe that ALL people who witness to homosexuals have the traits and characteristics you listed. I believe that many Christians use language and tone in their witnessing style that is more hurtful than helpful.

And you are still clueless to the fact that the Holyl Spirit actually directs - yes, directs - some Christians to speak to homosexuals, as well millions of others.

Of course we are called to speak with homosexuals. We are not called to convict them of personal sin.

If we all thought as you did, there would be no witnessing to anyone. As long as it was spoken of in churches and heard about on TV or radio, there would be no other witnessing necessary.

I have never advocated that Christians change the message that homosexuality is one of the many sins we are all guilty of.

[font="tahoma][font="Verdana][color="#FF0000"]1 John 3:18
Dear children, let us not love
[/font][font="Verdana][color="#FF0000"]with words or speech but with actions and in truth.[/color][/font][/font][/color]

Hospital ministries, prison and jail ministries, homeless shelter ministries....no need.

hyperbole.

They have already heard that they are sinners via TV, Radio or the church they went to 30 years ago. No need for Christian interaction.

more hyperbole

You know, the face-to-face Christian interaction that brings MILLIONS of people into the family of Christ every year via the Holy Spirit's call for Christians to share God's message.

You really believe the words are convicting the heart? That is crazy talk! Only the HS convicts the heart. Ministries are great for changing minds.....only the Spirit changes hearts and only when the heart and mind are in agreement does a person move into a place of action and change.

You say you have four friends who are gay and you have only told one of them you are a Christian, and that was only because he asked.
You just assume they know the truth so you just silently "love" them, assuming they already know the truth about God's love.

I model Christ's love during every interaction. Can you really imagine me being 'silent'? Com'mon foreigner! You know me better than that - I cannot shut up about God for 5 mins - just because I am not handing out spiritual tracks to all my friends and bringing them to alter call services does not mean that I am "silent".

And when you stand before God and He asks why you didn't witness to them, you are going to point out that it was His Holy Spirit must have dropped the ball, right?

Yep! You caught me again foreigner! I am just going to tell Jesus that I was too busy being ashamed of Him to talk about Him to my friends and when He sent His humble servant, Foreigner to lead me to the truth, I stubbornly resisted....calling Jesus a liar at every turn and it will be too late........as the flames are licking at my feet, all I will be able to think is...."Foreigner! Foreigner! He tried to tell me! Why! Why! Whyyyyyyyyyy didn't I listen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.