Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is homosexuality a sin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
My wife hired a lesbian at her shop. Here's something interesting....

A few weeks later my wife was out of town doing a dog show. While she was out, her new employee and her "partner" stayed after work and spent almost 24 hours cleaning, repainting, doing repairs, organizing, and all sorts of other things. At the same time, my wifes 2 real good friends (edited to add- one of which is a believer) who also work for her, went home at the usual time.

Tonight, the new employee, and her "partner" are at my wifes shop cleaning the back rooms, repainting, doing dry wall in the tub area, and redoing the plumbing and installing a new tub. The kicker is,,,, they're doing this for free! Completely voluntary.

Now, I don't agree with their lifestyle. I haven't talked to them about religion yet. The point here, is that just because someone is homosexual doesn't make them automatically bad people. Atleast these two ladies aren't any worse sinners than anyone else I've met.

Yes, homosexuality is a sin, but it's no worse than any other.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012

A few weeks later my wife was out of town doing a dog show. While she was out, her new employee and her "partner" stayed after work and spent almost 24 hours cleaning, repainting, doing repairs, organizing, and all sorts of other things. At the same time, my wifes 2 real good friends (edited to add- one of which is a believer) who also work for her, went home at the usual time.

Tonight, the new employee, and her "partner" are at my wifes shop cleaning the back rooms, repainting, doing dry wall in the tub area, and redoing the plumbing and installing a new tub. The kicker is,,,, they're doing this for free! Completely voluntary.

Now, I don't agree with their lifestyle. I haven't talked to them about religion yet. The point here, is that just because someone is homosexual doesn't make them automatically bad people. Atleast these two ladies aren't any worse sinners than anyone else I've met.

WK, if anyone rejects Christ as their Lord and Saviour, it matters not how many good deeds they do, the reality and truth is that they are antichrists and God will not deal lightly with antichrists.

Millions of people lived a fairly "good life" but they were antichrists and will be thrown into the lake of fire and be destroyed.

And I don't think any Christian should sugar coat homosexuals and their lifestyles, homosexuals need to repent and come to Christ or they shall perish. And anyone who claims to have come to Christ and yet refused to repent of homosexuality, then they were never born again in the first place and are a Christian by lip service only.

God bless.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WK, if anyone rejects Christ as their Lord and Saviour, it matters not how many good deeds they do, the reality and truth is that they are antichrists and God will not deal lightly with antichrists.

Millions of people lived a fairly "good life" but they were antichrists and will be thrown into the lake of fire and be destroyed.

And I don't think any Christian should sugar coat homosexuals and their lifestyles, homosexuals need to repent and come to Christ or they shall perish. And anyone who claims to have come to Christ and yet refused to repent of homosexuality, then they were never born again in the first place and are a Christian by lip service only.

God bless.

Well stated TruthSeeker2012!

To the prior poster: So those two gracious lesbians can swing a hammer and mop a floor. How would you like them to babysit your young children or teach or coach them at school? Also, some sins ARE WORSE THAN OTHERS... read the accounts of the destruction of Sodom and Gommorah. (Gen. 19)

gino1973

Apr 30, 2011
The problem I find is that The Word of God warns us against judging others. I find it very hard to speak the Gospel to others without sounding judgemental. The woman at work that i mentioned earlier is a most lovely girl, although i noticed recently that she is asking questions about her life choices, and trying very hard to justify her sexuality.
This experience, as well as a few others, has led me to believe that deep down inside every one of us, there is a knowlege of God's existence. The reason, I believe, that some choose to deny God's Word, or even His existence, is because they don't like the thought that we will have to answer for our actions and choices when the time of Judgement comes. Others have just been decieved to such a point that it has completely cut them off from knowing God.
Being a Christian is not easy. None of us can claim ignorance once we have come to know the Truth.
G. XX 25/03/12

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Well stated TruthSeeker2012!

To the prior poster: So those two gracious lesbians can swing a hammer and mop a floor. How would you like them to babysit your young children or teach or coach them at school? Also, some sins ARE WORSE THAN OTHERS... read the accounts of the destruction of Sodom and Gommorah. (Gen. 19)

The punishment for all sin is the same. If I steal, lie or cheat, the punishment is the same as if I were a homosexual.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem I find is that The Word of God warns us against judging others. I find it very hard to speak the Gospel to others without sounding judgemental.

You're new here, Gino1973, and I sense a kind and gentle spirit, so I'll not tread harshly. You need to understand that there is often a doctrinal balance contained in the scriptures. Each scripture must be taken in complete context to what the entire Bible says about a particular issue. In the case of 'judging others' there are many other scriptures which are contrary to the one you are referring to. For instance:

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

The Gospel of Christ, is by its very nature, an offense to sinners. The New Testament epistles are rife with condemnation of sin and the sinners. This need not deter us from boldly claiming the Truth. I would suggest you do a Bible study on the topic of "Judging" and observe how the apostles approached their righteous judgements against sinners. I'm sure there are dozens of threads in this forum on this topic.

The woman at work that i mentioned earlier is a most lovely girl, although i noticed recently that she is asking questions about her life choices, and trying very hard to justify her sexuality.

I'm sure she's a lovely individual, Gino, but unfortunately, many such lovely individuals are destined to spend eternity with the damned unless they repent of their inward wickedness. And it's a good sign that she's beginning to ask questions and sensing that her justifications of her sexuality are weak arguments.

This experience, as well as a few others, has led me to believe that deep down inside every one of us, there is a knowlege of God's existence. The reason, I believe, that some choose to deny God's Word, or even His existence, is because they don't like the thought that we will have to answer for our actions and choices when the time of Judgement comes. Others have just been decieved to such a point that it has completely cut them off from knowing God.

Those are some profound revelations! Probably the worst thing about homosexuality is that it leads to what the Bible states as a reprobate mind. Where their conscience becomes forever seared from accepting God's Truth. (Romans 1:28)

Being a Christian is not easy. None of us can claim ignorance once we have come to know the Truth.
G. XX 25/03/12

Amen! May God give us the strength to remain faithful unto the end and likewise, grant us the wisdom and knowledge to gently guide our fellow man from the errors of their own sinful ways unto the blessings of the Kingdom of God.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
The punishment for all sin is the same. If I steal, lie or cheat, the punishment is the same as if I were a homosexual.

WK, if you refused to repent of stealing, lying and cheating, and willfully continued to steal of people, lie and deceive people and cheat people, can you still be saved and still inherit eternal life? Yes or No?

God bless.

Jul 6, 2011
great points from gino1973.
a question. In these times what is evil is being seen and presented as good, what is righteous is being seen as evil.
Does anyone agree and is there any scripture warning about this? The only ones I can recall are like another Jesus and another gospel (ie 2 Cor 11)

Elysian,
So god doesn't care about how much you love the poor, how much you've done for the oppressed, and so on. He worries about - hold your breath - what you do in bed? Is this a joke?
Your questions are more and more based on denial of what God’s word says. God is ALSO concerned about sexual immorality, His word says He created male and female, man and woman to be together.
I suggest you will find the churches most intent on following God’s purposes for sexual relations are also doing the most for the poor and oppressed.
Sex is not an idol.
Yes it is an idol when it becomes more important than following God’s purposes. It is a biological necessity regarding reproduction, but people can and do live celibate lives, either by choice or not by choice. Celibate people live long lives, if one doesnt eat one dies relatively soon. Repressing it doesn’t lead to insanity, insanity is the idea that people cant live without it. You are describing what isn’t an idol as exactly what the Bible says is idolotry.
Just one question, if sex is a life necessity what about the celibates? Are you proposing prostitites are made available or arranged marriages?

The do not judge line is often played by those who want to avoid the sin being identified. Jesus judged the woman caught in adultery and advised here to sin no longer. He didnt condemn her. The NT epistles are full of warnings to believers not to use their freedom in Christ to wilfully sin.
But consider the Matthew 7 passage, it results in both the speck and the log being removed from each believer's eye. It doesnt result in not removing them. And the full warning do not judge lest one be judged by the measure should have no worries for those judging rightly. For example what would Jesus end up saying to the brother who helped another brother from homosexuality? I suggest 'well done good and faithful servant'
Beware, the scripture says not to judge the world. This is the difficult bit when those who call themselves brothers, but who willfully promote sexual immorality! It says treat them as pagans, love them as non believers. (Matt 18, 1 Cor 5)
This is what the church wont do. And this is why in every argument I have with those in the church, their defense is to keep inisisting they are Christians.

gino1973

Apr 30, 2011
Thank you for your advice, James Forthwright, I shall certainly do that. Not only am I new here, I'm also a relatively new Christian!! It'll be 3yrs this summer. That girl at work is still talking about little else but God, and to be honest, although i'm sure that she is trying to find justification ( from other human beings ) for what she is doing, she also sounds very confused to me. Maybe the best thing i could do for her right now is pray for her?
Brightmorningstar, the scripture that i often go back to concerning what we are living in, is 1 Timothy 4:1-3.
God Bless.
G. XX 26/03/12

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
WK, if you refused to repent of stealing, lying and cheating, and willfully continued to steal of people, lie and deceive people and cheat people, can you still be saved and still inherit eternal life? Yes or No?

God bless.

Strange you would ask that question. It all depends on what you mean by "still be saved". If you repent, yes, you can still be saved. If you die without repenting, no you can't be saved.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012

Stay the course and continue to treat them like any other human being. I became friends with a lesbian couple through a mutual friend. I never talked about my beliefs, but I did treat them with respect. They knew I believed, through my friend. They eventually split up; and the last time I saw one of them was at a friend's art gallery where she was staying in a side room. There was a bible by her bedstand. I wish I hadn't lost track of her.

Jul 6, 2011
Wow well done all the same HeRoseFromTheDead, There is planting of seed as well as others watering.
I agree. My wife and I have been to civil partnerships of neighbours and friends, they were very sensitive about inviting us, but why would we stop lving them as friends just because of their coice of beliefs an lifestyle?

Though of course that might be the last time we go to civil partnerships if they allow non believing so called gay christians to 'marry' two people of the same sex as though through Christ. Such is the nature of liberal tolreance that it divides and is intolerant to the max.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Strange you would ask that question. It all depends on what you mean by "still be saved". If you repent, yes, you can still be saved. If you die without repenting, no you can't be saved.

Ok WK, just so there is no misunderstanding what you believe and teach.... do you agree that if someone refuses to repent of stealing, lying, adultery, homosexuality (which is a form of adultery), and cheating, and willfully continues to steal of people, lie and deceive people and cheat people, that that person cannot be saved and cannot inherit eternal life? Yes or No?

God bless.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Ok WK, just so there is no misunderstanding what you believe and teach.... do you agree that if someone refuses to repent of stealing, lying, adultery, homosexuality (which is a form of adultery), and cheating, and willfully continues to steal of people, lie and deceive people and cheat people, that that person cannot be saved and cannot inherit eternal life? Yes or No?

God bless.

If they refuse to repent, they won't be saved. If that's what you mean by cannot.

Jul 6, 2011
We should try and view people with the same way God views them. Indeed the same way God viewed us before we knew His glory and salvation. Quite challenging with certian sections of atheist and lgbt activism, that are intent on attacking God and His saints.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Sexuality is man's favorite form of rebellion,his most self justfied form,his most excused form,his most popular form and sadly his most effective form.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Sexuality is man's favorite form of rebellion,his most self justfied form,his most excused form,his most popular form and sadly his most effective form.

Not exactly. Sexuality is not the favorite form of rebellion, it's PRIDE! In heaven when there was the very first form of rebellion, there was no sexuality in heaven, but PRIDE began as a form of rebellion.

But on Earth, sexuality can be a form of rebellion, I agree.

God bless.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Not exactly. Sexuality is not the favorite form of rebellion, it's PRIDE! In heaven when there was the very first form of rebellion, there was no sexuality in heaven, but PRIDE began as a form of rebellion.

God bless.

God bless.

In the short ti

God bless.

God bless.

As soon as i saw the response was from you i knew i had to be wrong... deviant Sexual behaviour is the single most obvious and celebrated form of immorality in the world today both in and out of the Church,when i see whole congregations celebrating and embracing pride openly like they do Homosexuality....if one wants to say that pride is the foundation then so be it but most try to hide other forms while openly exhalting this form.

I don't know what happened with the quote thing,to illustrate my point ask your self this,if this thread were about whether or not lying,cheating,murder or adultery was a sin do you honestly think it would be 25 pages long ?

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
...I don't know what happened with the quote thing,to illustrate my point ask your self this,if this thread were about whether or not lying,cheating,murder or adultery was a sin do you honestly think it would be 25 pages long ?

I am sorry Strat, I did not understand your question. Can you please rephrase it for me?

Thank you.

By the way, what I meant to say was that PRIDE was what began the downfall of heaven, and PRIDE seems to be the first sin in heaven, which led to iniquity, found in Satan, who wanted to be like the Most High God. That's how I have always understood it anyway. There are three key Scriptures that describe this tragic beginning of sin – Isaiah 14:12-18, Ezekiel 28:12-18, and Revelation 12:1-13.

And on topic off the thread, this verse tells us how God feels about homosexuality:

Leviticus 18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

And Bible says God never changes, so it's clear that God would feel the same way today about homosexuality.

P.S Strat, I have a feeling about you, I sense something in your heart. Can you please share a bit about yourself with me so I can know if my conviction about you is correct?

God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.