Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is homosexuality a sin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For someone to plainly state homosexuality is a sin, we are accused of
judging. I know, it happened to me with a friend. She asked me, and I
told her, and she got upset, and then accused me. Jesus can help her,
just like anyone else overcome. However, her accusations came because
she felt judged. Who was then judging her and convicting her? Was it me?
No, it was God. She reviled me, not realizing she actually was reviling
the One that sent me to warn her.
See you just dont get it. It was you judging her, you where accusing her of sin, you do not know what Jesus is doing with them and if you should cause one to stumble or turn from God you will be held accountable, do you not understand. You should of shown them love and compassion, allowed the Holy Spirit to work in them It is His job to convict them of their sin, not you to condemn them. The example of the women caught in adultry, you will be seeing as one with stones in your hand, would you rather not be like Jesus. Or you need to do is simple say, I have no right to judge you, I am a sinner like you, and Christ has forgiven us all", than they would see Christ in you, than the Holy Spirit can work, or is it only christians that Jesus has forgiven????

In All His Love

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
mjrhealth said:
When you all find the love that Jesus has, you will all see things differently. Now go and read you bibles and find any scripture where Jesus went to a sinner and said to them " you are a sinner", the pharrisees dont count they where just that way.

In All His Love
Jesus told the sinners, "Go and sin no more"....the exact same message Christians put forth today at His behest.

We have been told to preach the Gospel to all nations. God loved you enough to die for you but you will only know His salvation through repentance and rejection of sin.

To say Jesus loves you and not pointing out that He has expectations of you is to give them a false sense of security about salvation.

Have you ever even witnessed to the lost, Heath?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many times,

notice He said, " go and sin no more'

He never said, " you are a sinner" go look read all the acts He did with all those who where considered sinners, it was the Pharisees who said,

Mat_9:11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

They where always quick to judge yet Christ told them they where already judged,

Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

When you see who you are and when you come into Christs Love, you will judge no man for you know what you are and who Christ is. So if some man comes and tells you, that you are a sinner and repent, than do not get angry for his judgement is true for you will be judged as you judge.

In all His Love

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
So obviously you never have witnessed to the lost.
Never led someone to Christ.

Why is it that that people like you only want to complain from the sideline but never want to actually get in the game?

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
mjrhealth said:
See you just dont get it. It was you judging her, you where accusing her of sin, you do not know what Jesus is doing with them and if you should cause one to stumble or turn from God you will be held accountable, do you not understand. You should of shown them love and compassion, allowed the Holy Spirit to work in them It is His job to convict them of their sin, not you to condemn them. The example of the women caught in adultry, you will be seeing as one with stones in your hand, would you rather not be like Jesus. Or you need to do is simple say, I have no right to judge you, I am a sinner like you, and Christ has forgiven us all", than they would see Christ in you, than the Holy Spirit can work, or is it only christians that Jesus has forgiven????

In All His Love
You weren't even there. I did not judge her. She asked, and I told her. Was I in error for telling her that it is sinful? No, I was not. Just like I am in no more sin for telling someone who gets drunk 24/7 that he is in sin.

It's ridiculous you've accused me of having stones in my hand. Outright ridiculous, when I have specifically told you, that the love for someone does not matter to them, when their pet sin is touched. You can walk up, and tell a homosexual that Jesus can, and will love them and save them from their sins. It doesn't matter, they will hate you for showing telling them the truth. You need to stop accusing me, thou accuser of brethern.

I have nothing but love for my friends, if she refuses to repent because of conviction, or love for the pet sin, never will that be my fault. I have borne my duty faithfully, regardless of who it is.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
mjrhealth said:
So quick to judge. If only you knew.
You are right. One can only imagine the damage you've done leaving the lost with a false sense of salvation.

And after all the blanket criticisms of how Christians witness, you have zero credibility in whining about judging.

I am Second

Jan 22, 2013
USA
I have some personal experience I'd like to share. My sister in law is a practicing homosexual. She lives in California and has been married to her wife for 14 years. They have three children who the wife conceived from a sperm bank. They go to a Catholic church on Sundays or Saturdays. They do not read the Bible because Catholics are discouraged from doing so. I know this from personal experience. I went to Catholic school for 12 years. During that time I had asked a priest before Mass for a bible (every school morning in elementary school the class went to Mass before school started) and I was told that by him that it was his job to read the Scriptures to the congregation because we couldn't possibly understand it.

One evening my husband had an indepth conversation with his sister with it all boiling down to her not going to Heaven and read her all of the Scriptures that pertained to homosexuality and many others regarding unrepetant sin. Her reply to him was "save me." He told her that he could not save her and explained that only Jesus could do that and the why's and how to's. We love her, I've known her for 20 years, we have get togethers a couple of times a year. One time her wife came up to me and asked me point blank "Is what we are doing ok in the Bible?" I told her no it's not but the funeral was moving on and I didn't get to follow up with her. It's too bad because the opportunity would have been perfect, I even had a Bible in my hand.

I also find it interesting that of all of the Catholics I know personally (both our sides of the family and several friends) not one of them is saved. My mother for instance is 85 years old and has been in church all of her life and she is a God hater. Her going to church is just a tradition. I was flipping through the channels one night and I stopped on a sit com and a guy was telling his family that he was an athiest. His sister punched him in the arm and said no your not you are Jewish. It reminded me of my family. They are esentially athiests that go to church but consider themselves Catholic. It's just something good people do. My brother (who's wife got saved through a Bible I gave her) bought my mother a Bible and brought it to her house. She said: "I have never read the Bible. I don't believe in the Bible, it was written by too many people and I'm not going to ever read the Bible. My Dad threw it in the closet. It was $60.00 so my brother told his wife privately that he wanted to leave with the Bible. She said to him that the Bible I sent to her sat on the night stand for 6 months before she ever picked it up. Let's leave it here, maybe one day she'll take it out of the closet and read it.

My father in law (88) has a grotto in his backyard devoted to Mary. His whole house is devoted to Mary with statues everywher. I bought a Bible and gave it to him and he said: "I've read some of it once and there is so much I disagree with that I put it down." It is all so sad. They are approaching 90 and go to church every week. We have tried everything we can think of but like my husband says, if they accept the truth they will have to admit that they are wrong and for my sister in law she would have to give up everything.

We don't judge my sister in law and her wife, we try so hard to tell them the Truth. We try so hard to tell our families the Truth in love but it seems they just don't want to believe it. I heard our youth pastor say once, salvation is a free gift but it will cost you everything. So true. Please pray for my family.

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
I am Second said:
I have some personal experience I'd like to share. My sister in law is a practicing homosexual. She lives in California and has been married to her wife for 14 years. They have three children who the wife conceived from a sperm bank. They go to a Catholic church on Sundays or Saturdays. They do not read the Bible because Catholics are discouraged from doing so. I know this from personal experience. I went to Catholic school for 12 years. During that time I had asked a priest before Mass for a bible (every school morning in elementary school the class went to Mass before school started) and I was told that by him that it was his job to read the Scriptures to the congregation because we couldn't possibly understand it.

One evening my husband had an indepth conversation with his sister with it all boiling down to her not going to Heaven and read her all of the Scriptures that pertained to homosexuality and many others regarding unrepetant sin. Her reply to him was "save me." He told her that he could not save her and explained that only Jesus could do that and the why's and how to's. We love her, I've known her for 20 years, we have get togethers a couple of times a year. One time her wife came up to me and asked me point blank "Is what we are doing ok in the Bible?" I told her no it's not but the funeral was moving on and I didn't get to follow up with her. It's too bad because the opportunity would have been perfect, I even had a Bible in my hand.

I also find it interesting that of all of the Catholics I know personally (both our sides of the family and several friends) not one of them is saved. My mother for instance is 85 years old and has been in church all of her life and she is a God hater. Her going to church is just a tradition. I was flipping through the channels one night and I stopped on a sit com and a guy was telling his family that he was an athiest. His sister punched him in the arm and said no your not you are Jewish. It reminded me of my family. They are esentially athiests that go to church but consider themselves Catholic. It's just something good people do. My brother (who's wife got saved through a Bible I gave her) bought my mother a Bible and brought it to her house. She said: "I have never read the Bible. I don't believe in the Bible, it was written by too many people and I'm not going to ever read the Bible. My Dad threw it in the closet. It was $60.00 so my brother told his wife privately that he wanted to leave with the Bible. She said to him that the Bible I sent to her sat on the night stand for 6 months before she ever picked it up. Let's leave it here, maybe one day she'll take it out of the closet and read it.

My father in law (88) has a grotto in his backyard devoted to Mary. His whole house is devoted to Mary with statues everywher. I bought a Bible and gave it to him and he said: "I've read some of it once and there is so much I disagree with that I put it down." It is all so sad. They are approaching 90 and go to church every week. We have tried everything we can think of but like my husband says, if they accept the truth they will have to admit that they are wrong and for my sister in law she would have to give up everything.

We don't judge my sister in law and her wife, we try so hard to tell them the Truth. We try so hard to tell our families the Truth in love but it seems they just don't want to believe it. I heard our youth pastor say once, salvation is a free gift but it will cost you everything. So true. Please pray for my family.
Your family is definitly worth praying for, will do! :)

Sounds like a sad state of ordeals. :/ You have been blessed with eyes that see, we can only hope they will accept the truth.

I am Second

Jan 22, 2013
USA
Your family is definitly worth praying for, will do! :)

Sounds like a sad state of ordeals. :/ You have been blessed with eyes that see, we can only hope they will accept the truth.
Thank you so much! It is so sad and yet we do feel so blessed that the Lord brought us out of it. Which is a whole other story I might as well share too.

My son started Kindergarten almost 10 years ago now so we walked to the corner where the bus stop is. I had never met most of the mothers who where there with their children. One mother asked for us as a group to pray for her for a reason I can't remember. I said I will, I'll say some Hail Mary's for you. She walked closer to me and asked me if I had a Bible in the house. (I said I did but I went and bought one that afternoon.) She said: "Will you please find that in the Bible for me, I will be here in the morning so you can show me where that is." That night my husband and I went looking and we couldn't find it in anywhere in the Bible. So the next morning I told her I couldn't find it and she said: "That's because it's not in there."

About a month later she invited us to her non-denominational church. About a month after that we went. We had to unlearn everything. A couple of people took us under their wing, especially one older woman for me and explained everything to me. It was about three years that I absolutely had every question answered. The first thing she asked me was if I thought I was going to Heaven when I died. I said yes. She said: "Why?" I said because I am a good person. She said: "Oh boy, have I got my work cut out for me!" lol Did she ever! What a blessing that woman is. Her family and my family have since left that church but we are still good friends.

I forgot to add that the woman at the bus stop also took me to see the movie The Passion Of The Christ which sealed the deal. I cried for three days and devoted my life to Jesus during that movie.

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
I am Second said:
Thank you so much! It is so sad and yet we do feel so blessed that the Lord brought us out of it. Which is a whole other story I might as well share too.

My son started Kindergarten almost 10 years ago now so we walked to the corner where the bus stop is. I had never met most of the mothers who where there with there children. One mother asked for us as a group to pray for her for a reason I can't remember. I said I will, I'll say some Hail Mary's for you. She walked closer to me and asked me if I had a Bible in the house. (I said I did but I went and bought one that afternoon.) She said: "Will you please find that in the Bible for me, I will be here in the morning so you can show me where that is." That night my husband and I went looking and we couldn't find it in anywhere in the Bible. So the next morning I told her I couldn't find it and she said: "That's because it's not in there."

About a month later she invited us to her non-denominational church. About a month after that we went. We had to unlearn everything. A couple of people took us under their wing, especially one older woman for me and explained everything to me. It was about three years that I absolutely had every question answered. The first thing she asked me was if I thought I was going to Heaven when I died. I said yes. She said: "Why?" I said because I am a good person. She said: "Oh boy, have I got my work cut out for me!" lol Did she ever! What a blessing that woman is. Her family and my family have since left that church but we are still good friends.
Haha, exactly. Good people don't go to heaven. Forgiven people do :) (not saying don't be good, but saying without forgiveness, it is imposisble to get into heaven) :)

Reactions: I am Second

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:

In All His Love
I'm concerned about your last sentence, who do you think has been forgiven, and how is one forgiven. What do you mean by "Christ has forgiven us all". did Christ's death on the cross forgive everyone?
btw, I have been asked is homosexuality is a sin, saying I have no right to judge you, doesn't answer an honest question that is addressed in the Bible. Sharing this is not me judging, it is me sharing the Bible. Just as I share many verses and concepts I derive from the Bible I share this when asked. I do this because I love the women I counsel, my hope is their salvation.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You wonder why I will not jusge anyone,
Once many years ago when i used to go to church, we held bible study at my house. Not my calling by any means. And we had a girl who had a siter that was a lesbian, asked teh same question, got the bible answer and I am sure we turned her from God, I can only hope that God has forgiven me for that one, I did what any good christan would do, read her teh bible. Well I am sorry, never again, if God is not in it, if it is not the leading of the Holy Spirit than I have no right to judge anyone. God always has teh right way to show somemone something they need to see.

As Jesus said,

(Joh 8:15) Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

(Joh 8:16) And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

I will let Him be the judge and Him receive the Glory

In All His Love

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
If that is all you did then you should be seeking God's forgiveness.

You should have shown her the scripture that shows that ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
Then that God loves her with his whole heart.
Then that He sacrificed His life for her sins.
Then that she can be a new creature in Christ.
Then that heaven awaits her if she gives her life to Christ.

You gave the criticism but not the reward.
You gave her one chapter of the whole story of God's love.

You did indeed blow it.

Reactions: KingJ

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
mjrhealth said:
You wonder why I will not jusge anyone,
Once many years ago when i used to go to church, we held bible study at my house. Not my calling by any means. And we had a girl who had a siter that was a lesbian, asked teh same question, got the bible answer and I am sure we turned her from God, I can only hope that God has forgiven me for that one, I did what any good christan would do, read her teh bible. Well I am sorry, never again, if God is not in it, if it is not the leading of the Holy Spirit than I have no right to judge anyone. God always has teh right way to show somemone something they need to see.

As Jesus said,

(Joh 8:15) Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

(Joh 8:16) And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

I will let Him be the judge and Him receive the Glory

In All His Love
I am with Foreigner. I do believe you should show her the love of Christ. Ask God, and pray for more help, and to open her heart more, so that she can come to Christ. As You did the correct thing, giving the Bible answer. People will just get offended, and turn on you. That happens. Now I understand a little bit more, why you seem to think we are doing wrong by showing people the Biblical response.

This should be a lesson for everyone. Teach the Bible truth, but never forget to thell the poor soul, that they can be freed, and loved by God, and He will remove their unrighteouesness from them, it is a promise that He will do that.

Any homosexual can be freed from their sin, this I understand. But I must show them what scripture says, how it's a sin. Then you can easily give them the remedy for their soul, the broken sinful soul, confused. And you can then comfort them with the hope of the Saviour. But you cannot leave out the first part. You will win 0 souls to Christ, if you do not do the first part. They will have a false sense of security, living in sin. And worst part is, their blood will be required at your hands.

I am Second

Jan 22, 2013
USA
. Now I understand a little bit more, why you seem to
think we are doing wrong by showing people the Biblical response.

This should be a lesson for everyone. Teach the Bible
truth, but never forget to tell the poor soul, that they can be freed, and
loved by God, and He will remove their unrighteouesness from them, it is a
promise that He will do that.
Amen!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is it ever right to withhold love from someone because of sin?

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen2 said:
No.

Romans 2:3-4
But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God?
Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

Reactions: aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
justaname said:
No.

Romans 2:3-4
But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God?
Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?
Agreed

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
aspen2 said:
-- Not supporting a homosexual's right to marry or working to get gay marraige passed as the law of the land is in no way withholding love.

Showing love does not mean you work to legalize something that your Lord and Savior finds reprehensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.