Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is homosexuality a sin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What didn't I answer???

Not by me.

You need to admit that homosexuals "will not inherit the Kingdom of God" and then you just might give up trying to squeeze them into Heaven.

When did I say unredeemed homosexuals are going to Heaven? I never said that. I said that the Holy Spirit would convict them of their sin (not us) through sanctification......and some may change......many will not, but if the Holy Spirit does convict them, they will be active in asking for forgiveness the whole time. All redeemed sinners will be in Heaven. Like the sin of gluttony, homosexuals may never be able to be free of the sin, but they will be able to turn it over to God. However, if they are continued to be rejected by the church and criticized and harassed by Christians who have never experienced the burden they have to carry, they will be likely to become bitter and angry at Christians and God.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
When did I say unredeemed homosexuals are going to Heaven?
Thanks for clarifying. As with the rest of society, most will spend eternity in Hell. See, I don't discriminate against homosexuals.

Matthew 7:13-14 (ESV)
[sup]13 [/sup]“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. [sup]14 [/sup]For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

How many are a FEW?

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Guys! I hope you don't think I'm barging in here (even though I kinda am), but I'm wondering if maybe a third party might help??!

I think the issue is not denying that homosexuality is a sin...clearly it is.
The issue is how, as Christians, we should respond to those who are homosexuals. The answer should be simple...how do we respond to anyone who sins? Well, how did Christ respond to us...sinners that we were and still are? He loved us so much He died for us. He never told us our sin was okay, that it was acceptable. But He was always loving, encouraging, supporting and understanding. It was this very love that broke through our darkness and opened our hearts to Him. No one is ever encouraged towards love by hateful and disapproving words. This doesn't mean we encourage sinners to continue, but as Jesus showed us, only love can really touch our hardened hearts.

Hope that helps...but if not...just tell me to butt out!! :p

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guys! I hope you don't think I'm barging in here (even though I kinda am), but I'm wondering if maybe a third party might help??!

The issue is how, as Christians, we should respond to those who are homosexuals. The answer should be simple...how do we respond to anyone who sins? Well, how did Christ respond to us...sinners that we were and still are? He loved us so much He died for us. He never told us our sin was okay, that it was acceptable. But He was always loving, encouraging, supporting and understanding. It was this very love that broke through our darkness and opened our hearts to Him. No one is ever encouraged towards love by hateful and disapproving words. This doesn't mean we encourage sinners to continue, but as Jesus showed us, only love can really touch our hardened hearts.

Great post!

belantos

Nov 12, 2010
[font="Verdana][size="2"]Did these priests and priestesses get into these behaviors because they were lesbian or gay? I don't think so. Did God abandon them because they were practicing homosexuals? No. Read the text again.

In There's a Wideness in God's Mercy, the Rev. Dr. Louis B. Smedes, a distinguished Christian author and ethicist, describes exactly how the Bible says these promiscuous priests and priestesses got into this mess. Once again it has nothing to do with homosexuality:

SMEDES: "The people Paul had in mind refused to acknowledge and worship God, and for this reason were abandoned by God. And being abandoned by God, they sank into sexual depravity."

SMEDES: "The homosexuals I know have not rejected God at all; they love God and they thank God for his grace and his gifts. How, then, could they have been abandoned to homosexuality as a punishment for refusing to acknowledge God?"

SMEDES: "Nor have the homosexuals that I know given up heterosexual passions for homosexual lusts. They have been homosexual from the moment of their earliest sexual stirrings. They did not change from one orientation to another; they just discovered that they were homosexual. It would be unnatural for most homosexuals to have heterosexual sex."

SMEDES: "And the homosexual people I know do not lust after each other any more than heterosexual people do... their love for one another is likely to be just as spiritual and personal as any heterosexual love can be."

[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="2"]Also, Romans 2 begins with "Therefore, you have no excuse, whoever you are, when you judge others; for in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself..." Even after he describes the disturbing practices he has seen, Paul warns us that judging others is God's business, not ours.[/size][/font]

Whichever way you look at it it doesn't help your argument. The behaviours listed are sinful and are practiced by people who don't obey God. You cannot practice them and claim you obey God.

Paul says, "they were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice", and goes on to list these unrighteous deeds. Homosexual act cannot be thus considered a righteous act. Ergo, it is sinful.

1 John 1:6
If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.

I thought he said "Go and sin no more". If calling light as light and darkness as darkness is "hateful" and "disapproving", the whole of the bible is "hateful" and "disapproving". We shall never approve sin.

Saying that, it is not our job to condemn homosexuals who are alien from the household of God. But we should certainly disapprove those who claim to belong to the household, yet practice evil, whatever that may be.

Teh problem that I see is that Christians are way too tolerant towards each others' sins, but happily condemn non-Christians for theirs. It should be the other way around.

Reactions: Rach1370

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whichever way you look at it it doesn't help your argument. The behaviours listed are sinful and are practiced by people who don't obey God. You cannot practice them and claim you obey God.

Paul says, "they were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice", and goes on to list these unrighteous deeds. Homosexual act cannot be thus considered a righteous act. Ergo, it is sinful.

If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.

Actually, I copied everything in that post from Mel White's website - I wanted to see the response.

I thought he said "Go and sin no more". If calling light as light and darkness as darkness is "hateful" and "disapproving", the whole of the bible is "hateful" and "disapproving". We shall never approve sin.

Saying that, it is not our job to condemn homosexuals who are alien from the household of God. But we should certainly disapprove those who claim to belong to the household, yet practice evil, whatever that may be.

Teh problem that I see is that Christians are way too tolerant towards each others' sins, but happily condemn non-Christians for theirs. It should be the other way around.

Tolerance and acceptance are two different things.

belantos

Nov 12, 2010
Actually, I copied everything in that post from Mel White's website - I wanted to see the response.

Tolerance and acceptance are two different things.

Homosexuality should neither be tolerated, nor accepted within the community of God. As for outsiders, it is for God to judge them, not for us.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Homosexuality should neither be tolerated, nor accepted within the community of God. As for outsiders, it is for God to judge them, not for us.

Hey belantos, I'm liking your points, but just wanted to clarify something here. Are you talking zero tolerance and acceptance for gay people who are actively living their sins in an unrepentant way within a church? Or does this also include those people who are attracted to the same sex, but are fighting these urges and are not engaging in any homosexual practices?

belantos

Nov 12, 2010
Hey belantos, I'm liking your points, but just wanted to clarify something here. Are you talking zero tolerance and acceptance for gay people who are actively living their sins in an unrepentant way within a church? Or does this also include those people who are attracted to the same sex, but are fighting these urges and are not engaging in any homosexual practices?

Paul is applying the Torah here, and as such urges are not yet considered sin. So as long as you fight against it you do not sin. It is the same with sexual desires. The modern society is soaked in sex. It is very hard to avoid seeing it. But we should resist the temptation.

You should notice how Jesus himself struggled in the garden of Getsemane and eventually conquered his desire to avoid the cross. Struggles are not yet sin. Sin is when you yield to those desires and become a drive.

belantos

Nov 12, 2010

The fact is that Christians are very tolerant towards each others' sins, and very condemning towards the sins of outsiders. This is hypocritical. It should be the other way around, else the testimony is lost.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Paul is applying the Torah here, and as such urges are not yet considered sin. So as long as you fight against it you do not sin. It is the same with sexual desires. The modern society is soaked in sex. It is very hard to avoid seeing it. But we should resist the temptation.

You should notice how Jesus himself struggled in the garden of Getsemane and eventually conquered his desire to avoid the cross. Struggles are not yet sin. Sin is when you yield to those desires and become a drive.

Thanks, and yes, I completely agree. We all fight against sin, none of us are perfect...the real problem comes when people who claim the name of Christ don't see the need to fight against their sins. They see it as fine and acceptable and figure that since they are covered by the blood of Jesus they can get away with anything anyway. This is not only wrong, it's completely disrespectful to Jesus' sacrifice.

The fact is that Christians are very tolerant towards each others' sins, and very condemning towards the sins of outsiders. This is hypocritical. It should be the other way around, else the testimony is lost.

Again, I agree. Paul clearly told us we cannot hold non Christians to Christian standards. I often find it saddening...as Christians we need to be all about love, but in the name of 'love' so much sin gets accepted within our Churches.

Amazing Grace

Mar 21, 2011
If you are not a Saved you will be dealt with by God.

It doesn't matter what your Sin it will end up attracting judgement from God.

Only those who have repented and received the Death of Christ as the payment for our Sins (therefore giving us forgiveness and reconciliation with God) will hve salvation and Eternal Life.

If you want a list of Sins there are plenty in the Bible to choose from all they do is identify you as a Sinner and need of salvation.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it troubling that some of you are not willing to allow the Holy Spirit to work on the hearts of homosexuals within the church, to convict them of their sin. Instead, you keep coming back to the tired conclusion that homosexuality is a sin and anyone willing to hold back their judgment in order to allow the HS to work in the lives of homosexuals is not showing compassion but, accepting homosexuality as right.

belantos

Nov 12, 2010
I find it troubling that some of you are not willing to allow the Holy Spirit to work on the hearts of homosexuals within the church, to convict them of their sin. Instead, you keep coming back to the tired conclusion that homosexuality is a sin and anyone willing to hold back their judgment in order to allow the HS to work in the lives of homosexuals is not showing compassion but, accepting homosexuality as right.

Can you point to anyone who has the power to stop the work of the Spirit in convicting people of their sins? That is not the point. Gross sins shall not be tolerated within the community of God. Are you suggesting that we should worship together with thieves, robbers, sexual perverts and whatever there is? Shouldn't we be a set-apart people?

1 Corinthians 5:
9 I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; 10 I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. 11 But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13 But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

Don't get hung up too much that homosexual act is not mentioned. A sin that is called an abomination to God has no place in the congregation of God.

They are free to return once they repent and that repentance is verified somehow.

If you are not a Saved you will be dealt with by God.

It doesn't matter what your Sin it will end up attracting judgement from God.

Only those who have repented and received the Death of Christ as the payment for our Sins (therefore giving us forgiveness and reconciliation with God) will hve salvation and Eternal Life.

If you want a list of Sins there are plenty in the Bible to choose from all they do is identify you as a Sinner and need of salvation.

There are different severity of sins. Some sins were punished by death in the Torah, others were lighter. Repentance was always available for one to correct his ways. For unintentional sins one had the privilege to present a sin sacrifice in the Temple. There was no sacrifice for intentional sins.

The sin sacrifice did not take away sin. It was simply a graphic expression of the repentance that already took place, that is, one died to his old ways and there was no way to take up that old sinful life again, just as the dead animal could not be brought back to life.

Now think about why people needed to be saved just when the Kingdom was announced and from what. What does the quote from Joel mean in the message of Peter on Pentecost and why his audience is frightened to death.

Then you know what saviour they needed.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you point to anyone who has the power to stop the work of the Spirit in convicting people of their sins?

We do it all the time. Bitterness and anger and self-will can stop the HS working in our lives, We can contribute all of these feelings and attitudes in homosexuals by rejecting them on a human and spiritual level.

belantos

Nov 12, 2010
We do it all the time. Bitterness and anger and self-will can stop the HS working in our lives, We can contribute all of these feelings and attitudes in homosexuals by rejecting them on a human and spiritual level.

No, you cannot stop God's work. You are not powerful enough. You can only hinder it by not listening to His voice.

Nobody shall reject homosexuals. But we all should reject homosexual acts, and those who practice it have no place in the congregation of God. I couldn't care less what they do outside. It is not my business.

The problem is that churches don't have a testimony and they ordain practising homosexuals as priests and pastors. In the same way they could ordain kleptomaniacs.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia

Aspen, this is really good. And true....isn't it strange how so many Christians fall into the extremes on either side? I have noticed that people on this board do seem to think you approve of homosexuality. It may be because I've talked to you fairly extensively on this point, but I know where you're coming from....you do see it as a sin, you just choose to err on the side of love. I really don't see why that is so wrong...it's not as if you are telling gay people that God loves their sin. I do think that more people will be brought to the Lord through love then through harsh criticism.

I think I understand your point fairly well. My sister got divorced several years ago. Her husband was an emotional abuser of the worst sort. The local church, instead of loving her enough to support her through it and therefore find out the details, they went straight into "divorce is a sin" mode. They didn't care enough to find out that this husband was an unrepentant abuser. He refused to see that he had any part to play, he felt he was a shining example of manhood. The simple fact was that he had betrayed the marriage covenant by refusing to treat my sister as Christ treats the Church. He also had a "hardened heart" against everything...which is actually biblical grounds for divorce. Anyway, the Church couldn't care less, about the details or about my sister, and ended up driving her from God. She had been wronged terribly, and now she was being told God hated her too for what she had done. Hardly a loving response, and hardly the response I think Jesus would have given.
Thankfully my sister has returned to the Lord, but I always felt that if the Church had loved her first, and then worried about the 'rules' once she felt their and God's love and support, then she would not have spent years in darkness. Besides, if they had loved her first they would have seen the truth of the situation and known that she really hadn't broken the 'rules'.

I'm not saying that once we love homosexuals we'll see that they're not breaking the rules, just that showing them love first is the only sensible thing to do. If a gay person walks into a church and gets frowned at and a bible thrown at him (or her), he's just gonna turn around and never come back. It's only through love (not acceptance of the actual sin, but love in the face of it...just as we have from Jesus) that they will be back again and again, which will give the Holy Spirit fertile ground to work in.

We too often push love aside for rules. I'm not saying that the rules aren't important....after all, God did give them to us. But by ignoring the people behind the rule breaking we are in a really big way ignoring what Jesus taught us. I have always thought that love and acceptance without direction can be harmful, but rules and religion without love is just plain mean, and will not bring a single soul to Christ. It's through Jesus we know what is the proper response. He led a sinless life, so we know the we too should aspire to that. But even to the darkest of sinners, murderers and prostitutes, he showed an intense and passionate love to save their souls...and he certainly never let the 'rules' of the Pharisees get in His way to do that. He was amazing....love people first, deal with the sins next. It worked pretty well for Him!

Amazing Grace

Mar 21, 2011
1CO 5:9 I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people-- 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

We are not to stop associating with the World but we are not to associate with Brothers and Sisters who will not abandon their Sins and Deny it is even a Sin! The reason is so we too are not led astray.

I have to put with some family members that are without God and participate in all manner of Sinful actions and behaviours. I really don't wnat to turn up to Church and have to deal with the same arrogant I can do what I like Sin in my face as well. Bad enough I get it daily at work or up the street. Honestly if Christians cannot accept that their Sin is Sin and make some effort to deal with it I really don't want to have them around me. I can only cope with so much and I really don't need to deal with obstinate, arrogant, open in your face Sin each Sunday. It doesn't matter what the Sin is but if it is being OPENLY boasted about or practiced in a Church then the person needs to be given their marching orders until they get that their Sin is an Offence to God and His children.

EPH 5:8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10 and find out what pleases the Lord. 11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. 13 But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, 14 for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said:

"Wake up, O sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you."

EPH 5:15 Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.

1CO 15:33 Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." 34 Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God--I say this to your shame.

I'm tired of having to put up with Christians ignoring God's commandments and telling me that I need to forgive them them while they happily go on not curbing their own sinful behaviour. They think they have a licence to sin because they are Saved and no one loses their salvation do they (if you believe in OSAS).

1JN 3:7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

I understand it takes some time for New Believers to be convicted and learn what is Sin. Even if they do not stop Sinning straight away they at least should be able to do ONE Thing and that is ADMIT that certain actions or behaviours are SIN! I find it hard to believe that anyone Born of God cannot recognise Sin and I certainly find it hard to believe that they will DENY it as a SIN.

As to finally being delivered from the grasp of the Sin that may take some time. First of all they would not be doing anything in public that indicated they were living a lifestyle that is Sin in God's eyes. Then they would be taking steps in their private lives to avoid the Sin and STOP!

However if they turning up to Church every Sunday with their same sex partners holding hands at service, boasting openly of their sinful relationship and kissing in the carpark I would certainly find that intolerable and thumbing their nose at God's Word. I certainly would not want young Believers exposed to that kind of arrogant rebellion against God's commandments. Cut them off and let them sort it out with the Lord if they are sincere in their Faith they would be willing to not behave that way at Church.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi.

This is my first post, but I've been lurking for some time. I read that someone was frustrated that people were not voicing their opinions or supporting what they believed. That is the only reason why I'm posting now. I do believe we must voice our belief.

I have no doubt that homosexuality is a sin. The Bible is pretty clear about it. However, the Bible is also clear that it is covered by grace. You can be a homosexual and still enter into his grace. My reasoning is for that is if you are guilty of one sin, you are guilty of them all. Thus, if you do any sin, you are a homosexual in God's eyes. If you so much think to sin, you are guilty of that sin. If homosexuality disgusts you and you find it disgusting, you must have thought about it. You are guilty. You thought about it. My thought on this comes from the teaching of Paul, Jesus and James the brother of Jesus.

I will also add that if you so much wear mixed clothe, you have sinned, and are guilty of the whole law. Thus, if you are wearing polyester, you are guilty of being gay. No, you didn't do a gay act, but you are still guilty. This is what the Bible says... Not me.

I also want to address Hebrews 10:26. I haven't seen anyonne do this verse justice. See, it's talking about one particular sin. Not all sin, but just one. If you don't agree, please read verse 25. The sin it's addressing is forsaking the assembly. In other words, if you miss Church, you're damned.

So I give a free pass to homosexuals, but if you miss church I say your damned! Ok. We can argue that point and let you lose. And you will lose. If you forsake the assembly, I just want to ask why you did? What was really more important than hearing what God had to say and praising him? What was more important?

But I want to make this clear. I am not defending homosexuality I don't even like it. I'm not on that side of the fence and I really don't care for the homosexual lifestyle. They seem to not care about football, baseball, beer, fishing, hunting or any of that stuff. I have nothing in common with them unless they are a Child of God. That's all I have in common with them.

No. My purpose is not to defend Homosexuality, but to defend GRACE. Grace covers homosexuality. It is a sin, and God is against it, but if God gives grace, homosexuality is covered. I can prove by the Bible if God doesn't cover it, he doesn't cover your sins either. See, thats the thing. Christians are quick to admit they are sinners and not so quick to admit to their sins. I got my sins.... I won't ask you about yours.

Reactions: aspen

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
1CO 5:9 I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people-- 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

We are not to stop associating with the World but we are not to associate with Brothers and Sisters who will not abandon their Sins and Deny it is even a Sin! The reason is so we too are not led astray.

I have to put with some family members that are without God and participate in all manner of Sinful actions and behaviours. I really don't wnat to turn up to Church and have to deal with the same arrogant I can do what I like Sin in my face as well. Bad enough I get it daily at work or up the street. Honestly if Christians cannot accept that their Sin is Sin and make some effort to deal with it I really don't want to have them around me. I can only cope with so much and I really don't need to deal with obstinate, arrogant, open in your face Sin each Sunday. It doesn't matter what the Sin is but if it is being OPENLY boasted about or practiced in a Church then the person needs to be given their marching orders until they get that their Sin is an Offence to God and His children.

Hey Amazing Grace! I agree that we must be very careful not to let the sin of the unrepentant pull us down. But as Christians we are to be discerning. I think it can be so very difficult to know what we should do in some circumstances. Because yes, while there are some people and situations that could tempt us to sin, we are still told to love everyone, friends and enemies alike. Jesus had a bad rep in his day for hanging out with the people with loose morals, remember when he said that he had come to heal the sick, not the healthy? There are so many lost people out there, and the Bible tells us that many of them are not rebellious, or stupid....they are blind. They simply do not see their sin nature or their need for Jesus. Now, there's no doubt that the Holy Spirit can convict and convert people by Himself (a la Paul!), but so very often He works through us! Through the Christians who meet people where they are and shine the light of truth for them. It's very hard to do that when we sit in our white castles not wanting to go forth into the sinful world.
While I totally and completely agree that wilful and unrepentant sin can not be tolerated within Churches...particularly within leadership (for eg...gay pastor), we cannot throw people out because they're sinners. Sure, if someone refuses to cease an openly sinful behaviour, scripture calls us to ask them to move on...they are like a cancer within the body. But many people, while sinful, are fighting against it. These people should be treated like everyone else, no matter the type of sin they are struggling with.
I think a very huge problem we have today is that our Churches tend to go to extremes....either they're so consumed with what's considered 'bad' sins, that no one feels welcome, or they are so convinced they should love and include everyone that sin is actually welcomed.

I'm tired of having to put up with Christians ignoring God's commandments and telling me that I need to forgive them them while they happily go on not curbing their own sinful behaviour. They think they have a licence to sin because they are Saved and no one loses their salvation do they (if you believe in OSAS).

I think that's because they're not really asking you to 'forgive' them, they're asking you to accept their sin as normal behaviour that God would approve of. Not really the same thing is it?? Forgiving implies that that person has sinned against you. If they really have, well, in that case you forgiving them when they're not repentant is for your benefit, not theirs really. But most of the time the sin is against God. In that case it's not really our place to 'forgive' their sins, that's up to God, and He's told us He only forgives through Christ. I think this is a part of the problem. As Christians we know we should love and forgive others, but that is so completely different from approving of someone's sin, isn't it? Non Christians throw the 'love and forgiveness' card at us all the time, demanding that we affirm their lifestyles. We can love them, sure, but since our allegiance is to God, we'll never approve of the sin they commit, and we shouldn't feel we need to.

I understand it takes some time for New Believers to be convicted and learn what is Sin. Even if they do not stop Sinning straight away they at least should be able to do ONE Thing and that is ADMIT that certain actions or behaviours are SIN! I find it hard to believe that anyone Born of God cannot recognise Sin and I certainly find it hard to believe that they will DENY it as a SIN.

As to finally being delivered from the grasp of the Sin that may take some time. First of all they would not be doing anything in public that indicated they were living a lifestyle that is Sin in God's eyes. Then they would be taking steps in their private lives to avoid the Sin and STOP!

However if they turning up to Church every Sunday with their same sex partners holding hands at service, boasting openly of their sinful relationship and kissing in the carpark I would certainly find that intolerable and thumbing their nose at God's Word. I certainly would not want young Believers exposed to that kind of arrogant rebellion against God's commandments. Cut them off and let them sort it out with the Lord if they are sincere in their Faith they would be willing to not behave that way at Church.

Agreed. You know what really bugs me? The argument that because God is a God of love, that anything is then permissible in the name of love. God is also a God of wrath and judgement. You can't ignore all His attributes in favour of only one, that's ridiculous.
I know people who are gay want to be loved just like anyone else, but the simple fact is that there is a higher power involved here, and He has declared it wrong. That is not easy for them, I know...no sin is easy. But when we give up our sins, we gain such an amazing love from God Himself....it totally makes it worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.