Homosexuals have lifespan shortened by 20-30 years

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I know is that Sodom and Gommorah were and now are not.....
But God is merciful.

This is a rather long, but interesting, citation about the restoration of Sodom and Gomorrah, Ammon and Moab, Elam, Egypt and Edom. The bit about Edom is most interesting. It discusses the use of exaggerated language (to make a point) in biblical literature. Meaning, it is not to be taken literally.

The restoration of Sodom and Gomorrah from "eternal" fire Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire. Zephaniah 2:9 Therefore, as surely as I live,” declares the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, “surely Moab will become like Sodom, the Ammonites like Gomorrah— a place of weeds and salt pits, a wasteland forever. The remnant of my people will plunder them; the survivors of my nation will inherit their land.” Ezekiel 16:53 “‘However, I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and her daughters and of Samaria and her daughters, and your fortunes along with them,

The restoration of Ammon and Moab Zephaniah 2:9 Therefore, as surely as I live,” declares the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, “surely Moab will become like Sodom, the Ammonites like Gomorrah— a place of weeds and salt pits, a wasteland forever. The remnant of my people will plunder them; the survivors of my nation will inherit their land.” Jeremiah 25:22, 27 21 Edom, Moab and Ammon; ... 27 “Then tell them, ‘This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says:
Drink, get drunk and vomit, and fall to rise no more because of the sword I will send among you.’ Jeremiah 49:6 “Yet afterward, I will restore the fortunes of the Ammonites,” declares the Lord. Jeremiah 48:4, 47 4 Moab will be broken; her little ones will cry out. 47 “Yet I will restore the fortunes of Moab in days to come,” declares the Lord. Here ends the judgment on Moab.

The restoration of Elam Jeremiah 25:25, 27 25 all the kings of Zimri, Elam and Media; ... 27 “Then tell them, ‘This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Drink, get drunk and vomit, and fall to rise no more because of the sword I will send among you.’ Jeremiah 49:39 “Yet I will restore the fortunes of Elam in days to come,” declares the Lord.

The restoration of Egypt
Jeremiah 25:19, 27 19 Pharaoh king of Egypt, his attendants, his officials and all his people, ... 27 “Then tell them, ‘This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Drink, get drunk and vomit, and fall to rise no more because of the sword I will send among you.’ Ezekiel 29:13-14 “‘Yet this is what the Sovereign Lord says: At the end of forty years I will gather the Egyptians from the nations where they were scattered. 14 I will bring them back from captivity and return them to Upper Egypt, the land of their ancestry. There they will be a lowly kingdom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edom Edom was an ancient kingdom in Transjordan located between Moab to the northeast, the Arabah to the west and the Arabian Desert to the south and east. Most of its former territory is now divided between Israel and Jordan.

The destruction of Edom uses the same exaggerated language descriptions as hell in the Bible. Yet none of it lasted forever as it clearly says. And you can certainly pass through it today. For this prophecy to be taken literally it would need to be a smoking tar pit today with a bypass to get around it. Compare verse ten below. (Revelation 14:11)

Isaiah 34:8-11 For the Lord has a day of vengeance, a year of retribution, to uphold Zion’s cause. 9 Edom’s streams will be turned into pitch, her dust into burning sulfur; her land will become blazing pitch! 10 It will not be quenched night or day; its smoke will rise forever. From generation to generation it will lie desolate; no one will ever pass through it again. 11 The desert owl and screech owl will possess it; the great owl and the raven will nest there. God will stretch out over Edom the measuring line of chaos and the plumb line of desolation.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've known some gay people in my life, five that I can remember, only one is still alive and I think she repented of it. That's not a stat to consider as I don't really know too many gay people. But they have it hard enough without us harping about it.
Well said.
"But they have it hard enough without us harping about it."
Right, there are natural consequences to any wrong action.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
Thanks for your post.
It helps to speak of them as REAL humans instead of statistics.

I'll let @Rella answer that.
That wasn't how I took it at all. Which is your point.

As someone asked earlier, "Does supporting racial equality make me black?"

If you are correct, does that make you look down on @Rella
Do you assume that a Christian can;t know, or befriend gay people?
I thought you said Christians don't hate gays. What are you up to?

Well, one problem we have is folks who think they are qualified to speak for the whole of Christianity.

Many Christians (and I really feel like I ought to put that in quotes) DO HATE GAYS.

There are some ways in which the plight of all marginalized groups IS the same.

I went to my folks' hometown about 15 years ago to visit my sister who'd just had a pretty harrowing medical emergency and as I was sitting in the waiting room listening to people I loved and grew up with I was horrified by the way they were talking about some black people involved in a popular televised criminal trial. Everyone was comfortable, smiling and laughing while I was wondering where the nearest available shower was located. Ick!

Now, I'd heard some of my cousins use the N-word when we were kids (which just seemed like typical childhood rebellion to me—at least, in the South—since I was raised to never use such slurs), but I never expected adults in so-called "polite society" to be comfortable using such vulgar vernacular in leisurely conversation.

It was like one of those TV movies from the '90s.

(I just watched "Jasper, Texas" yesterday with my son—educational, but brutal.)

Yes, you too.
But our brother was practically naming names, real life testimony.

Oh, sure, penalize me 'cause I didn't memorize the guy's employee ID tag...

I see how you are now. :p

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But God is merciful.

This is a rather long, but interesting, citation about the restoration of Sodom and Gomorrah, Ammon and Moab, Elam, Egypt and Edom. The bit about Edom is most interesting. It discusses the use of exaggerated language (to make a point) in biblical literature. Meaning, it is not to be taken literally.

The restoration of Sodom and Gomorrah from "eternal" fire Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire. Zephaniah 2:9 Therefore, as surely as I live,” declares the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, “surely Moab will become like Sodom, the Ammonites like Gomorrah— a place of weeds and salt pits, a wasteland forever. The remnant of my people will plunder them; the survivors of my nation will inherit their land.” Ezekiel 16:53 “‘However, I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and her daughters and of Samaria and her daughters, and your fortunes along with them,

The restoration of Ammon and Moab Zephaniah 2:9 Therefore, as surely as I live,” declares the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, “surely Moab will become like Sodom, the Ammonites like Gomorrah— a place of weeds and salt pits, a wasteland forever. The remnant of my people will plunder them; the survivors of my nation will inherit their land.” Jeremiah 25:22, 27 21 Edom, Moab and Ammon; ... 27 “Then tell them, ‘This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says:
Drink, get drunk and vomit, and fall to rise no more because of the sword I will send among you.’ Jeremiah 49:6 “Yet afterward, I will restore the fortunes of the Ammonites,” declares the Lord. Jeremiah 48:4, 47 4 Moab will be broken; her little ones will cry out. 47 “Yet I will restore the fortunes of Moab in days to come,” declares the Lord. Here ends the judgment on Moab.

The restoration of Elam Jeremiah 25:25, 27 25 all the kings of Zimri, Elam and Media; ... 27 “Then tell them, ‘This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Drink, get drunk and vomit, and fall to rise no more because of the sword I will send among you.’ Jeremiah 49:39 “Yet I will restore the fortunes of Elam in days to come,” declares the Lord.

The restoration of Egypt
Jeremiah 25:19, 27 19 Pharaoh king of Egypt, his attendants, his officials and all his people, ... 27 “Then tell them, ‘This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Drink, get drunk and vomit, and fall to rise no more because of the sword I will send among you.’ Ezekiel 29:13-14 “‘Yet this is what the Sovereign Lord says: At the end of forty years I will gather the Egyptians from the nations where they were scattered. 14 I will bring them back from captivity and return them to Upper Egypt, the land of their ancestry. There they will be a lowly kingdom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edom Edom was an ancient kingdom in Transjordan located between Moab to the northeast, the Arabah to the west and the Arabian Desert to the south and east. Most of its former territory is now divided between Israel and Jordan.

The destruction of Edom uses the same exaggerated language descriptions as hell in the Bible. Yet none of it lasted forever as it clearly says. And you can certainly pass through it today. For this prophecy to be taken literally it would need to be a smoking tar pit today with a bypass to get around it. Compare verse ten below. (Revelation 14:11)

Isaiah 34:8-11 For the Lord has a day of vengeance, a year of retribution, to uphold Zion’s cause. 9 Edom’s streams will be turned into pitch, her dust into burning sulfur; her land will become blazing pitch! 10 It will not be quenched night or day; its smoke will rise forever. From generation to generation it will lie desolate; no one will ever pass through it again. 11 The desert owl and screech owl will possess it; the great owl and the raven will nest there. God will stretch out over Edom the measuring line of chaos and the plumb line of desolation.

I think you may be called to report for some Bibliolatry re-education, you thought criminal, you. ;)

(You're a bad influence, SS. I'm gonna have people calling down fire from Heaven on my sorry, heretical head, even as Elias did.)

All seriousness aside (have you ever heard of Brother Dave Gardner?), there's nothing in what you've said here that excuses sin. And a lot of folks don't realize that every effort of God (even discipline) is leveraged toward a redemptive outcome. I don't know if we would agree on what His success looks like when all is said and done, so to speak, but then we can't have everything we want.

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if we would agree on what His success looks like when all is said and done, so to speak, but then we can't have everything we want.
I think everyone will be surprised at what we discover in the afterlife. So much we DON'T know.
But look at all the confident posts we see here. Like they have it all figured out.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re in denial that homosexuals have lower life expectancy. Multiple sources have been posted.
one source. A self published piece from a disgraced college professor with a long history of fabricating claims about LGBT people. A source where he reviewed his own studies based on newspaper obituary clippings and managed to agree with himself.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is tough to watch.

Here's my old topic on the subject for anyone who wants to read where I am coming from.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's my old topic on the subject for anyone who wants to read where I am coming from.

Oops. Put this on the wrong topic. - LOL

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
TinMan said:
Maybe you should get out more

Jesus said the gates of hell will not prevail against the advance of His church.
That can't happen unless we get out there.

But what do Christians do? They hide out at home and at church.
Reasoning that outside is "such filth."

Let's face it, partnering with Jesus to build His church is a messy business.
Not that i do get out ? i do but why more is the question, i get about enough.
I do not hide anything, the filth i am on about is the new age astounding ignorance.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one source.
No. Multiple sources.

And from https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.2190/G94Q-XMFY-3G33-0XRE:
“Homosexuals more frequently met a violent end from accidental death, traffic death, suicide, and murder than men in general. The 163 lesbians registered a median age of death of forty-four (20% died old) and exhibited high rates of violent death and cancer as compared to women in general.

The pattern of early death evident in the homosexual obituaries is consistent with the pattern exhibited in the published surveys of homosexuals and intravenous drug abusers. Homosexuals may have experienced a short lifespan for the last 140 years; AIDS has apparently reduced it about 10 percent. Such an abbreviated lifespan puts the healthfulness of homosexuality in question.”

Stop believing Satan’s lies.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that i do get out ? i do but why more is the question, i get about enough.
I do not hide anything, the filth i am on about is the new age astounding ignorance.
If an obviously gay person greeted you in public, how would you respond?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, you’re not hip to the new lingo of perversion and abomination. LGBT has given way to the abomination of LGBTQ. Why?

They continue to invent new ways to do evil.

The G, the gays, are fighting for social acceptance. They identify themselves a boring vanilla; a committed couple who go to work, come home and live quietly together, committing sodomy in private.

The Q, the queers, are showy, dress flashy and are Uber promiscuous. This is the life style they take pride in, flaunting their debauchery.
Like the Left they are just like the Borg, You must assimilate ! Resistance is futile !
Well Sodom was the first encounter of the Borg.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Multiple sources.

And from https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.2190/G94Q-XMFY-3G33-0XRE:
“Homosexuals more frequently met a violent end from accidental death, traffic death, suicide, and murder than men in general. The 163 lesbians registered a median age of death of forty-four (20% died old) and exhibited high rates of violent death and cancer as compared to women in general.

The pattern of early death evident in the homosexual obituaries is consistent with the pattern exhibited in the published surveys of homosexuals and intravenous drug abusers. Homosexuals may have experienced a short lifespan for the last 140 years; AIDS has apparently reduced it about 10 percent. Such an abbreviated lifespan puts the healthfulness of homosexuality in question.”

Stop believing Satan’s lies.

Dude, all four of those are basically the same bogus source. FYI.

Reactions: TinMan