Homosexuals have lifespan shortened by 20-30 years

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it's not really acceptable to keep the gender you were born with.

I'm assuming you're speaking kind of tongue-in-cheek here.

I know there's a trend, but I don't think it's universally unacceptable to conform to biologically assigned sex roles, do you?

I've personally talked to young and middle-aged ladies who have turned to functional (as opposed to "orientational," I guess you could call it?) lesbianism solely because of their disillusionment at the prospect of finding a decent male companion.

Reactions: St. SteVen

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@St. SteVen,

My kids are approaching middle age and it was hard watching them grow up and trying to protect them from peer dependence, Hollywood philosophy, etc.

I can't imagine what young parents have to face today. Anyone who claims it's easy for them is not working hard enough at it. I had to work 3rd shift for 9 years to keep my kids in parochial school only to find out we needed an upgrade (or downgrade—I can never be sure) to homeschooling during their adolescence.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I examined 6,089 obituaries of homosexual men" Where have we heard that before?
As I said, multiple links from multiple studies, all finding the same thing; homosexual life expectancy is far less than the general population. If you love these people, you’d encourage them to stop their self-destructive behavior.

If you hate them - as you do - continue to encourage their aberrant behavior, defend their bad behavior, make them feel good as they go to an early grave.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

I know there's a trend, but I don't think it's universally unacceptable to conform to biologically assigned sex roles, do you?
I had a friend at work that this was happening to. His teen-aged son wanted his father (my friend) to use the female gender for "her".
He agreed with my statement. That's what he saw going on.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It looks like a literal answer to me, W.

What am I missing?

The link is from .gov. Are you saying the government is keeping an invalid research on their site?
Yes or no. The question is about a .gov website continuing to keep fraudulent research available and accessible.

Does it make sense that an authoritative reference would knowingly keep invalid research in its database?

Despite Tinman’s best efforts to Poison the Well, the research he contributed to in the article in question can still be valid. I submit this is the case, which explains why it remains on the .gov website.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

I had a friend at work that this was happening to. His teen-aged son wanted his father (my friend) to use the female gender for "her".

So, IOW, you're saying that it's prevalent—an at least somewhat relative term with which I would certainly have no disagreement.

I just wanted to make sure I understood you properly. No big deal, though.

I can't nor would I care to deny that gender confusion is quite troubling to me and I'm looking forward to a time when it will be non-existent.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

@BarneyFife
And the public schools are fueling this change. They have a whole "support system" set up to assist young people with transition.
They will even remove a child from their home if their family is "unsupportive". Considered an "abusive" situation.

This movie trailer says a lot.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes or no. The question is about a .gov website continuing to keep fraudulent research available and accessible.

Does it make sense that an authoritative reference would knowingly keep invalid research in its database?

Despite Tinman’s best efforts to Poison the Well, the research he contributed to in the article in question can still be valid. I submit this is the case, which explains why it remains on the .gov website.

I guess I just wouldn't consider a dotgov website to be above scrutiny and would have to see its designation as an authoritative reference to be less than absolute.

I haven't bothered to check out the claims that it's merely a search engine, though. If true, that would definitely mitigate its culpability to me.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarneyFife
And the public schools are fueling this change. They have a whole "support system" set up to assist young people with transition.
They will even remove a child from their home if their family is "unsupportive". Considered an "abusive" situation.

You're definitely preaching to the choir here, my friend.

The problem is definitely in disarming the understandable hostility toward a beneficial resolution that's incessantly sandbagged by the compassionateless bibliolaters(?).

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is definitely in disarming the understandable hostility toward a beneficial resolution that's incessantly sandbagged by the compassionateless bibliolaters(?).
I don't see the connection to Bibliolatry.
Although you and I seem to define Bibliolatry differently. That may be why I don't understand.

To me, Bibliolatry is a worship of the book, rather than the author.
An obsession with biblical knowledge, rather than spiritual walk knowledge.
A focus on winning the argument in theology debates, rather than helping each other grow spiritually.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've personally talked to young and middle-aged ladies who have turned to functional (as opposed to "orientational," I guess you could call it?) lesbianism solely because of their disillusionment at the prospect of finding a decent male companion.

And they are horrified to think of remaining celibate.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarneyFife

I remember about 5 years ago reading a post on Facebook by a cousin I was very close to as a child. She had just watched a documentary on PBS, I think about gender-dysphoric kids and she came away moved with such overwhelming compassion that she professed an instant paradigm shift in her thinking on the issue.

By chance, about 6 months ago, I stumbled onto the doc on YouTube. I watched the whole thing.

I'm an avid student of health, both mental and physical and I've read and studied a lot about emotional intelligence—an extremely inordinate amount. It truly fascinates me.

What I came away with was a profound sadness that no one seemed to recognize how badly these kids were turned into themselves. Every single one of them was consumed with their own feelings and thoughts about being accepted as different from nearly everyone they knew. And while their parents were deeply concerned about their feelings and thoughts, nearly all of them exhibited absolutely no regard whatsoever for what their parents were going through.

Keep in mind that the human frontal lobe, which is the seat of the will, reasoning powers, and relationship function, starts to develop rapidly at about age 6. All of these kids were late pre-pubescent and adolescent-aged. Their lack of emotional management skills was so vastly predominant over their ability to empathize with others that their parents had little to no idea what to do to help them because of the completely lop-sided social structure of the home. The children were the undisputed social rulers.

This is more and more becoming the norm, even where there are no gender concerns. These children grow up to become adults who believe they can't stand to be subordinate to authority, which is why a different young adult starts handing you your coffee every 3 or 4 weeks from the window at Dunkin, and Help Wanted signs are getting permanently stuck to those windows.

20 years ago, kids were graduating from college, walking into six-figure jobs, and buying 1/4 million dollar homes. And I distinctly remember telling my co-workers that that was in no way sustainable. Fast-forward to 2008.

(My dad says I have an uncanny ability to see the future, but I just see it as reasoning from cause to effect. I predicted "the cloud" 30 years ago, according to my dad. I don't even remember that. I was building a supercomputer out of parts from computers that he'd picked up for pennies at the Navy base closing where he worked.)

Anyway, "The Kids Aren't Alright." :eek:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see the connection to Bibliolatry.
Although you and I seem to define Bibliolatry differently. That may be why I don't understand.

To me, Bibliolatry is a worship of the book, rather than the author.
An obsession with biblical knowledge, rather than spiritual walk knowledge.
A focus on winning the argument in theology debates, rather than helping each other grow spiritually.

I tend to relate everything to everything else.

To me, bibliolatry is just another symptom of the fallen human condition we're all warring either for or against.

Sorry if this seems like over-simplification. I guess I'm just in that kinda mood?

Everything overlaps to me.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And they are horrified to think of remaining celibate.

That's because sex, for the vast majority of folks, is just one more quick-and-dirty (no pun intended) way of getting their dopamine levels back up to the lower-than-ideal average that they've established by their overall lifestyle habits. That's a little harsh, I know, but the problem can't be solved if it isn't addressed, and I'm not without the same general sin, so to speak, so let the rocks fly, I guess. :)

• Haha

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because sex, for the vast majority of folks, is just one more quick-and-dirty (no pun intended) way of getting their dopamine levels back up to the lower-than-ideal average that they've established by their overall lifestyle habits. That's a little harsh, I know, but the problem can't be solved if it isn't addressed, and I'm not without the same general sin, so to speak, so let the rocks fly, I guess. :)

Well, don't forget the endorphin effect, which is very real also.

Now blushsmiley.gif it might be best to let this one alone.

• Love

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm an avid student of health, both mental and physical and I've read and studied a lot about emotional intelligence—an extremely inordinate amount. It truly fascinates me.
That's interesting.
Could you define "emotional intelligence" for us? Thanks.

• Love