Homosexuals have lifespan shortened by 20-30 years

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to relate everything to everything else.

To me, bibliolatry is just another symptom of the fallen human condition we're all warring either for or against.

Sorry if this seems like over-simplification. I guess I'm just in that kinda mood?

Everything overlaps to me.
I'm baffled.
That has absolutely nothing to do with the Bible. - LOL

Seems people really are blind to this subject.
I'm baffled AND flabbergasted.

/

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's interesting.
Could you define "emotional intelligence" for us? Thanks.

Emotional intelligence is the ability to accurately identify emotions in ourselves and others and to manage and relate to those emotions in a way that is most beneficial to all involved. :)

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, multiple links from multiple studies, all finding the same thing; homosexual life expectancy is far less than the general population. If you love these people, you’d encourage them to stop their self-destructive behavior.

If you hate them - as you do - continue to encourage their aberrant behavior, defend their bad behavior, make them feel good as they go to an early grave.
Morten Frisch, Danish epidemiologist, reviewed Cameron’s paper.

"Cameron and Cameron’s report on “life expectancy” in homosexuals vs heterosexuals is severely methodologically flawed.

It is no wonder why this pseudo-scientific report claiming a drastically shorter life expectancy in homosexuals compared with heterosexuals has been published on the internet without preceding scientific peer-review. The authors should know, and as PhD’s they presumably do, that this report has little to do with science. It is hard to escape the idea that non-scientific motifs have driven the authors to make this report public. The methodological flaws are of such a grave nature that no decent peer-reviewed scientific journal should let it pass for publication.

"As a measure of gay individuals’ average ‘life expectancy at birth’, Cameron and Cameron gathered information about age at death from obituaries for homosexual people in the U.S., and they obtained Scandinavian data regarding the average age at death among homosexually partnered persons who died within a period of up to 14 years after the introduction of laws on homosexual partnerships.

"Due in part to reports like the present homosexual persons remain subject to stigmatization. The majority of homosexual people, even in comparatively liberal countries like Denmark, are not open about their sexuality in public. Particularly older homosexuals who grew up in periods when their sexuality was either a crime or a psychiatric diagnosis tend to remain silent about their homosexuality in public. Therefore, the higher prevalence of self-reported homo/bisexual experiences and feelings in younger than older age groups most likely reflects that young gays and bisexuals are less hesitant than older ones to provide honest answers in sex surveys.

"The majority of homosexual individuals in the report by Cameron and Cameron were presumably open about their same-sex preferences. The groups studied comprised homosexuals who had entered registered partnerships in Denmark or Norway, and homosexuals in the U.S. whose relatives considered homosexuality to be such an integrated part of their deceased loved ones’ personalities that they felt it natural to mention in the publicly available obituary. Since, as noted, age is a strong determinant of openness about homosexuality, the study groups of deceased homosexuals in Cameron and Cameron’s report were severely skewed towards younger people. Consequently, the much younger average age at death of these openly homosexual people as compared with the average age at death in the unselected general population tells nothing about possible differences between life expectancies in gays and non-gays in general. All it reflects is the skewed age distribution towards younger people among those who are openly homosexual.

"To further illustrate Cameron and Cameron’s methodological blunder, imagine a country that sets up a new register to record all cases of sexual harassment against women. After 14 years of operation the register is contacted by an advocacy group who gets access to the data to examine how sexual harassment influences women’s life expectancy. Among those women who died during the maximum of 14 years of follow-up, few women will have died after the age of 50, simply because most sexual harassment cases occurred among young women. Using the same logic and methods as Cameron and Cameron, this advocacy group could arrive at the conclusion that sexual harassment reduces women’s ‘life expectancy’ by 30 years or more. Needless to say, this would be as pure nonsense as the conclusion reached by Cameron and Cameron that heterosexuals outlive gays by 22-25 years.

"In theory, despite their possession of academic degrees, the authors may have been unaware of the flawed methodology they used and, therefore, they may have been in good faith when writing their report. If so, they should promptly retract it to avoid further stigmatization of homosexual persons. However, expectations that this will happen are slim. Results simply fit too well with the views they have previously expressed.

Morten Frisch, MD, PhD, DSc(Med)
Senior epidemiologist
Copenhagen, Denmark

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Morten Frisch, Danish epidemiologist, reviewed Cameron’s paper.

"Cameron and Cameron’s report on “life expectancy” in homosexuals vs heterosexuals is severely methodologically flawed.
Broken record. There are other researchers coming to the same conclusion. In my post 128, I extensively quoted Brian Clowes, PhD from a paper from June 9, 2020. All you got is Poisoning The Well on valid facts against evil of homosexuality.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm baffled.
That has absolutely nothing to do with the Bible. - LOL

Seems people really are blind to this subject.
I'm baffled AND flabbergasted.

/

Aw, come on, SS.

"Absolutely nothing?"

That's a magnification cognitive distortion.

It's still making an idol of the Bible instead of "receiving the Word with all readiness of mind," per Matthew 13, John 17, etc.

No need to give way to mismanaged emotions (i.e., flabbergastritis) - lol.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, multiple links from multiple studies, all finding the same thing; homosexual life expectancy is far less than the general population. If you love these people, you’d encourage them to stop their self-destructive behavior.

If you hate them - as you do - continue to encourage their aberrant behavior, defend their bad behavior, make them feel good as they go to an early grave.
Taking a more Indepth look at just why these obituary studies are useless

Assuming that the deceased person wasn't famous, an obituary appears in a gay community newspaper only if:
a loved one or friend notifies the newspaper about the death which is unlikely.
the editor decides to print the obituary which the editor is under no obligation to do so.
Meaning the vast majority of LGBT people who die never have an obituary in a gay community publication.

Those left out of such obituaries would include:
LGBT individuals who were not involved in the gay community
LGBT individuals who resided in areas with out any community paper
LGBT individuals who were in the closet
LGBT individuals loved ones or family didn't want their orientation to be known
LGBT individuals whose family simply didn't think of sending an obituary to a gay community newspaper

Any estimate of the life span of LGBT individuals would have to count LGBT people from all areas and walks of live. By restricting their analysis to obituaries in gay newspapers "obituary studies" systematically exclude almost all LGBT individuals them from the sample.

• Love

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to relate everything to everything else.

To me, bibliolatry is just another symptom of the fallen human condition we're all warring either for or against.

Sorry if this seems like over-simplification. I guess I'm just in that kinda mood?

Everything overlaps to me.

You need to get your boxes in order.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Broken record. There are other researchers coming to the same conclusion. In my post 128, I extensively quoted Brian Clowes, PhD from a paper from June 9, 2020. All you got is Poisoning The Well on valid facts against evil of homosexuality.
That wasn't research it was an opinion piece

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aw, come on, SS.

"Absolutely nothing?"

That's a magnification cognitive distortion.
LOL
That's a new term to me.
I'm familiar with cognitive dissonance. Plenty of that around here.
But, "magnification cognitive distortion" ???
Are you making stuff up on the fly? - LOL

No seriously. The term "bibliolaters" doesn't fit at the end of this sentence below. IMHO
Can you explain what it is doing there? Or...
The problem is definitely in disarming the understandable hostility toward a beneficial resolution that's incessantly sandbagged by the compassionateless bibliolaters(?).
Oh wait. You did explain. You have everything connected to everything else.
That video would indicate that you have female problems. - LOL
You be gettin' in touch with your feminine side?

/

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL
That's a new term to me.
Are you making stuff up on the fly? - LOL

No seriously. The term "bibliolaters" doesn't fit at the end of this sentence below. IMHO
Can you explain what it is doing there? Or...

Oh wait. You did explain. You have everything connected to everything else.
That video would indicate that you have female problems. - LOL
You be gettin' in touch with your feminine side?

/

I concede the point.

The original intent was to drop the word there as an (obviously failed) attempt at humor.

I just figured someone who couldn't muster up an ounce or two of pathos for someone else caught in a web of despair might just be a surface-reader.

But it's fer sher not a hill I'm willing to die on.

I didn't realize the extent of emotional investment you had in the term itself. :p

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a new term to me.
Are you making stuff up on the fly?

If you go to search for it, you won't have long to wait for an auto-completion of the term.

Try that with "Bibliolatry" - lol.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christians don't hate gays. We try to pull them out of the fire. Gay advocates are leading and following gays to the everlasting fire.
The whole goal of a church community is to support each other in the Lord, and keep themselves in the mercies of God.
It is not to be accepting unconditionally of church members engaging in and practicing sexual immorality without genuine repentance.

Look how apostle Paul commands the Corinthian church to expel a man who has his father's wife in a sexual relationship. The man later repented and was accepted back into the church. Paul says they were 'puffed up' as in prideful and seemingly approving of the sexual immorality. I seen the same thing in an Episcopal church my sister in law attends. She supports all manner of sexual immorality among her church people, she says they love each other and she won't judge them.
1 Corinthians 5

1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even [a]named among the Gentiles—that a man has his father’s wife! 2 And you are [b]puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3 For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed. 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord [c]Jesus.

Paul goes on to call these people evil who are sexual immoral, and claiming to be a Christian, and the church is to have nothing to do with anyone named a believer who is committing sexual immorality, along with a whole host of sins being practiced by such people.

Believers in a church are not to be like the world. They are to live holy lives to God and respect what He says. Believers are to judge those in the church, and those on the outside, God will judge.

Immorality Must Be Judged​

9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to [f]keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

Reactions: Jack

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willful ignorance on display. Statistics is known for sampling - not measuring every possible point in the population.
representative sampling. Newspaper obituary clippings are not representative no mater how hard you close your eyes and pretend.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one that pointed out over 6,000 homosexual obits were analyzed. Not opinion. Fact.
Of which less that 4% were from lesbians. yet claims were made about lesbian life expectancies.

One can talk to 6,000 19 year olds about their retirement savings and come to the conclusion that less than 1% of Americans have ANY money set aside for retirement.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
representative sampling. Newspaper obituary clippings are not representative no mater how hard you close your eyes and pretend.
So says you.
  1. On what basis do you deem it "not" representative as this implies KNOWLEDGE of what is representative?
  2. What do you propose to be a better sampling source?