Honouring God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I watched the first four episodes of The Chosen on you-tube yesterday and don't really know what to make of it. But at the end of episode four I was moved by the way the people honoured god during their Sabbath meals. I don't think that today we honour God enough.

Reactions: Nancy

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People have never honored God enough, and part of that is because we just lack understanding. We really don't come close to understanding all He does for us and how involved He is. We don't understand how much He loves us. If we did we would certainly spend more time eating with Him - meaning that we would spend more time just taking casually back and forth with Him, and letting Him do most of the taking to us while we listened!

It reminds me of the Mary and Martha story. Martha thought she was doing the right thing by working hard in the house for Jesus - yet Jesus told Martha that Mary had chosen the right thing - which was sitting at His feet and listening to Him. So, what does "honoring Jesus Christ" look like? Isn't it sitting down and listening to who we call our Lord Jesus Christ? Indeed, Jesus told Martha that truly only one thing was needed and that was listening to Him like Mary was doing.

So what is the ONE thing we need to do to honor Jesus Christ?

It is listening to Him!!!!

Yet we do so many other things thinking they are what honors Him.

Why do we say He is our Lord and He is King of kings and Lord of lords, and still not just listen to Him? Have we not even heard that He is the mana (bread) that comes down out of heaven. Do we not understand that His words are life to us? Do we not understand that He is the Word of God? Did not Jesus mention that you must eat of Him? So truly the only thing needed is eating of the Word of God who talks to us. That listening to Him is how we actually honor Him as our Lord!

Reactions: Pearl and Nancy