"Hope of Glory

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Indeed, @Behold,
We have a new identity in Christ that we are righteous in Him even when we blow it (Romans 4:5).
Now that you have this unshakable identity, go and live like your new identity (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

"Present your body a living sacrifice"

That's the daily walk of faith. That Discipleship 101.

But, you can't do it in your own power.
"Apart from me you can do nothing"..

So, the true walk of discipleship is found to be the same as Salvation.
Its all of God.
It's Christ in us.
Its His power, and never ours.
So, when we try to do it in our power, we are found powerless.
This is the same principle as Grace, vs, Lawkeeping<>Commandment keeping....
= Its like this....= When we live in Right Believing....which is to rest in God's Grace, fully trusting ONLY in Christ to get us to heaven....and knowing that we are always kept righteous by God' Blood, then this "walking in the Light" right MIND, will deliver us from our flesh.
But not until.

See... if we try to abide in God by effort, believing that by our effort of abiding we are performing what we are to DO to stay saved, then we are fallen from Grace, we are blinded to the Truth, and this results in a sinning and confessing and repenting failed Discipleship.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed....we abide in the Lord by staying connected to Him...through staying in His word, through worshiping Him, and through fellowshipping with the saints (some say, also through witnessing to others)...

Not sinning is merely the result of abiding (1 John 3:6).

There are many who stumble at that stumbling stone...they think that they will achieve righteousness through the venue of trying to keep the law...

When the proper venue is faith in Christ (Galatians 3:14, Romans 5:5, 1 John 3:17-18) and through faith in Christ the love of the Lord is shed abroad in our hearts; which is the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within us (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 8:4, Galatians 5:22-23).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Indeed....we abide in the Lord by staying connected to Him..

We stay connected to the Lord, the same way we connected to the Lord.
= Born again.

Think of it like this..
Before Doug is saved, he is reading the bible, going to church, preaching on the street, and washing the feet of orphans, in India.
But Doug is not born again, tho he knows all about JESUS.
So, Doug is not "connected to the Lord".

Then, you have the backslider. Anne is not reading the bible, has no interest in being involved with other believers, and has a drug addiction issue, and does not take good care of her children, and wont find a job.
YET, Anne is born again.

Both Die.

Where is Doug? He's in Hell waiting for His deliverance into the Lake of Fire after he hits Revelation 20:11

Where is Anne ? Ann is singing praises to God with the Angels.

So........How did this happen?
That can't be right. !!!!
Doesn't earnest hard working Doug DESERVE to go to Heaven?
Doesn't the lazy unfit ANNE DESERVE to go straight to Hell?

Jesus said "you must be born again"......This means all self righteousness, all legalism, need not EVER apply for God's Grace.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We stay connected to the Lord, the same way we connected to the Lord.
= Born again.

We stay connected to the Lord by faith from start to finish (Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:1-3, Colossians 2:6).

Think of it like this..
Before Doug is saved, he is reading the bible, going to church, preaching on the street, and washing the feet of orphans, in India.
But Doug is not born again, tho he knows all about JESUS.
So, Doug is not "connected to the Lord".

Then, you have the backslider. Anne is not reading the bible, has no interest in being involved with other believers, and has a drug addiction issue, and does not take good care of her children, and wont find a job.
YET, Anne is born again.

Both Die.

Where is Doug? He's in Hell waiting for His deliverance into the Lake of Fire after he hits Revelation 20:11

Where is Anne ? Ann is singing praises to God with the Angels.

Of course, what you are missing is that if Anne were truly born again, she would be bearing the fruit that we see in Doug; and if Doug weren't born again, he very likely wouldn't have been bearing the fruit that he apparently is bearing in your "parable".

2Co 5:17, Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The old things that have passed away is the previous lifestyle of sinning. The all things that are become new is the new heart of the believer that will lead him or her to live and walk a holy life before the Lord.

1Jo 1:7, But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1Jo 3:5, And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1Jo 3:6, Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1Jo 3:7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1Jo 3:8, He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jo 3:9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 2:17, And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We stay connected to the Lord by faith from start to finish

No we dont.
Faith is not the Savior.
You are not saved BY your faith, as you think, as then you have made your faith your Savior.
We are saved by GOD, = THROUGH out Faith....ONCE. = born again.
"Grace THROUGH Faith"...
See it?

When you are trusting in your faith to keep you saved, as heretics teach, then Jesus has been replaced by "faith in FAITH".
Charismatics, or those who have been trained to think this way by some deceived charismatic, always have faith in faith, which is to not have faith in Christ, alone.
Do you understand?
You need to think about that for a while.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 1:17, For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Gal 3:1, O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Gal 3:2, This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3, Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Col 2:6, As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Rom 5:1, Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2, By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Christ in you, the HOPE... of Glory".
So, Christ, is both
the Hope of Heaven, and Hope Itself, and He is Your Hope.
Hi Behold,

Yes, there is a lot of confusion over what "hope" is in the Scriptures. Perhaps the best definition I've come across is "the expected end of your faith".

So that we trust Jesus to be telling the truth, and Jesus said He would raise up from the dead those who believe in Him. So, since I do believe in Him, and I do believe He told the truth, I am expecting that He will raise me from the dead. I have the hope of the resurrection. I trust He will raise me, so I hope for the resurrection. This hope is as sure as my faith.

Christ in you, the hope of glory!

If Christ is in you, expect glory! He presence will make it happen.

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"As Christ IS.....so are the BORN AGAIN.....in this WORLD".
That is right NOW.
A son of God, born from Him, incarnated in human flesh. But in our case, the human flesh is still the corrupted flesh.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse in Ephesians that says.......WE are "seated in Heavenly Places IN CHRIST".....is NOT SYMBOLIC.
The Kingdom of God, is NOT SYMBOLIC.
We are THERE, right now....inside this Spiritual Kingdom of LIGHT = even while we are in a earthen temple looking at a screen.
Right on!

Reactions: Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that those verses teach that one can lose their salvation...
Just my opinion . . . but it seems to me that you present these passages as if you meant they teach you can lose your salvation. When someone affirms a permanent rebirth, you reply with verses about being cut off, sent away, the like.

I have an idea what you mean, maybe, I'm not sure. But this is how it looks to me.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Devil's lie, one of them, is that you can stop being Born again... (lose your salvation)
Millions of believers are conned and spiritually darkened inside, because they have been deceived by the Father of Lies.
I don't know of any greater destroyer of faith than this.

We all know . . . we know! that if eternal life depends on us, our goose is cooked!

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are those who do not have Christ, and therefore do not have this hope.

Much love!

Just my opinion . . . but it seems to me that you present these passages as if you meant they teach you can lose your salvation. When someone affirms a permanent rebirth, you reply with verses about being cut off, sent away, the like.

I have an idea what you mean, maybe, I'm not sure. But this is how it looks to me.

Much love!

Romans 11:20-22, when compared to other passages (such as Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 4:30, 2 Corinthians 1:22, and 2 Corinthians 5:5), does not teach that we can lose our salvation but rather that our salvation will maintain our goodness in the Lord.

If anyone does not continue in His goodness, it appears that, while they were graffed into the olive tree, they are cut off. Those are not my words but the words of holy scripture. Nevertheless I believe that if you combine the understanding that all these verses give, they are teaching what is also taught by a comparison of 1 John 3:6 and 1 John 2:17...the doctrine of the Perseverance of the Saints (not Once Save Always Saved)...that we will continue in His goodness if we are truly sealed by the Holy Spirit and we cannot lose our salvation but that our salvation will keep us in a state of holiness throughout our days and into eternity.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hi Behold,

Yes, there is a lot of confusion over what "hope" is in the Scriptures. Perhaps the best definition I've come across is "the expected end of your faith".

So that we trust Jesus to be telling the truth, and Jesus said He would raise up from the dead those who believe in Him. So, since I do believe in Him, and I do believe He told the truth, I am expecting that He will raise me from the dead. I have the hope of the resurrection. I trust He will raise me, so I hope for the resurrection. This hope is as sure as my faith.

Christ in you, the hope of glory!

If Christ is in you, expect glory! He presence will make it happen.

Much love!

Hyper Calvinists created an insane theology that has God causing all the evil in the world, and choosing some to burn in the lake of fire, and choosing others to go to heaven, like this is some sort of Cosmic Lottery.
They also have this nutty idea about "pre-destined elect", that is a totally maze of heresy, because they can't understand what "the foreknowledge of God " actually is, and probably dont really care.

What you said, about being raised up...
Well, Jesus is THE RESURRECTION......so, if He is IN YOU< then that Resurrection Power is going to do what for you?
This power is the same that raised Him from the dead, and its already in all the born again.
We, in eternity, ither after our death, or into the Rapture and beyond, will always be found with Jesus.
WE are seated with Him now, Spiritually, but we will Literally be with Him, for all eternity = in a NEW Body.
We are just waiting to Go.....is the actual fact.

Currently our Born Again Spirit is "one" with God and Christ.
Eventually we will be JUST LIKE JESUS, ....."in His Image"...."new body"...completed.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
A son of God, born from Him, incarnated in human flesh. But in our case, the human flesh is still the corrupted flesh.

Much love!

The real you, the redeemed you, is not your body, is not your flesh.
Had God redeemed your body, (your flesh)... with the blood of Jesus, then yours would not be heading for the grave.
Our flesh, is still "in corruption" but our "New Creation in Christ" real SELVES, are created incorruptible, as the incorruptible SEED is in us, and has become us.
God gave us "the Gift of Righteousness", and this Gift is who we are.....its not just an idea.....its a STATE of EXISTENCE, regarding all the born again.

Reactions: marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Much love!

Justbyfaith, always contradicts his own salvation with his teaching.
You are correct to note that he does this every time.

He will call himself "justbyfaith", but then he will teach that its works, and abiding.
He will say, "oh i am always saved", but then he will post 20 verses all used by heretics to try to teach that you can "lose it".
The problem he has, is that he was "caught up" with a Pentecostal group, early on, and ended up harmed by the book of Hebrews, specifically Chapter 10.
This has ruined many believers as the Devil uses it masterfully to deceive Christians.
So, now, he teaches a sideways, one part salvation, one part abiding by works, type of hybrid Cross denying gospel.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hyper Calvinists created an insane theology that has God causing all the evil in the world, and choosing some to burn in the lake of fire, and choosing others to go to heaven, like this is some sort of Cosmic Lottery.
They also have this nutty idea about "pre-destined elect", that is a totally maze of heresy, because they can't understand what "the foreknowledge of God " actually is, and probably dont really care.

What you said, about being raised up...
Well, Jesus is THE RESURRECTION......so, if He is IN YOU< then that Resurrection Power is going to do what for you?
This power is the same that raised Him from the dead, and its already in all the born again.
We, in eternity, ither after our death, or into the Rapture and beyond, will always be found with Jesus.
WE are seated with Him now, Spiritually, but we will Literally be with Him, for all eternity = in a NEW Body.
We are just waiting to Go.....is the actual fact.

Currently our Born Again Spirit is "one" with God and Christ.
Eventually we will be JUST LIKE JESUS, ....."in His Image"...."new body"...completed.

God does say somewhere in Isaiah that "I create calamity /evil"...

And also, it would appear that Jude 1:3-4 teaches double predestination.

If there is an answer for these scriptures I have yet to hear it.

And I am not saying that I believe wholly in what Calvinism teaches; but sometimes I play devil's advocate and bring scriptures to bear on a subject (even if I don't have an answer to them) that declare a view that is opposite to what I believe; in order that we all might put our heads together and come to a proper conclusion on the matter.

Iow, I don't shrink back from scriptures that seem to say what I don't believe in. I try to take them head on and/or bring them to the forefront so that we can all take them head on.

Isa 45:7, I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't know of any greater destroyer of faith than this.

We all know . . . we know! that if eternal life depends on us, our goose is cooked!

Much love!

How do you cause a Heretic to have smoke come out of his ears trying to figure something out?

Easy.

Ask any heretic......why do you believe that what can't save you to begin with, is now necessary for you to do to stay saved..

Here is the longer version..

"how is it, that what can't save you, (your works) before Christ saved you by His Blood.......how is it that those same works are what you now believe you must do to stay saved"?

A heretic will look at that idea and as their brain churns, grinds to a halt and backfires..... as you see the confused smoke coming out of their ears.

In a class, they will sit looking at you like a "Tree full of Owls"..
Really big eyes.

Reactions: marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The real you, the redeemed you, is not your body, is not your flesh.

This is akin to gnosticism; which teaches that because the real you is not the flesh, what we do in the flesh doesn't matter.

Such a doctrine almost destroyed the early church.

Justbyfaith, always contradicts his own salvation with his teaching.
You are correct to note that he does this every time.

He will call himself "justbyfaith", but then he will teach that its works, and abiding.
He will say, "oh i am always saved", but then he will post 20 verses all used by heretics to try to teach that you can "lose it".
The problem he has, is that he was "caught up" with a Pentecostal group, early on, and ended up harmed by the book of Hebrews, specifically Chapter 10.
This has ruined many believers as the Devil uses it masterfully to deceive Christians.
So, now, he teaches a sideways, one part salvation, one part abiding by works, type of hybrid Cross denying gospel.

Says the person who denies indwelling sin (see 1 John 1:8 for what kind of effect this might have on one's perception of the truth).