House Churches

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Home churches in British Columbia are mostly in remote areas where people live very far from established churches.
We had one in our house for about 5 years. An travelling pastor would lead the services.
We would have between 5 to 15 people attending, depending on the weather conditions in winter time.

Majority does not rule, that would be bizarre.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Home churches in British Columbia are mostly in remote areas where people live very far from established churches.
We had one in our house for about 5 years. An travelling pastor would lead the services.
We would have between 5 to 15 people attending, depending on the weather conditions in winter time.

Majority does not rule, that would be bizarre.
I am cool with that....

Reactions: Triumph1300

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No such laws that I know of.
And I don't know how many House Churches you've been a part of Mary.
But if they believed that 'majority rules' then they obviously were uneducated in Church Order...and The Body Of Christ in action.
A Phoenix man who violated city zoning laws by hosting a Bible study in the privacy of his home has started serving a 60-day jail sentence for his crimes.

I have been part of 3 churches: 2 Protestant, 1 Catholic

I agree...they obviously were uneducated. The two protestant churches I have been part of the assembly voted if the pastor was preaching what they believed.

Mary

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that "sounds good". But trouble is, not many ( through lack of teaching) know how to move in the Spirit and hear God's direction.
If it's a free for all...it does however tend to get 'fleshly' ..and some "off the wall person will soon move the meeting off track.
Some just love the sound of their own voice!! o_O

On the other hand I was invited to a home meeting a few houses up from me...I was happy and excited and hoped it would be a good one.
Sadly one man prayed, led something called worship on a guitar he couldn't play...and then he started what he called a bible study.
Needless to say..a few things he said ...my finger went up and I said (nicely) "I'm not convinced that is what that scripture is actually saying..."
Needless to say..what he was "teaching" was out of some book.
I will bless them, but I wont be returning to their little meeting again. :)

Yes, even in our Savior's time the Synagogues were an open Form, believe it or not! BUT all things were established through the Scriptures. All you involved in this thread should do a research on the actual word Church, dig deep to find its root meaning. Echod in Hebrew means Assembly, Eclesia in Greek means Assembly. OK the words are not spelled right, but the annunciation is close. Assembly!! the two other words mean Assembly-OK, not Church, If you find the word church in the Greek, you will be able to understand, What a dog and pony show IS!

Reactions: pia and Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fear cult of personality preachers more than hierarchy