House in near-unanimous vote affirms peaceful transfer of power

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Article link: House in near-unanimous vote affirms peaceful transfer of power

(article excerpt included. I recommend reading the rest of the article)

The House adopted a resolution on Tuesday to affirm the chamber’s support for a peaceful transfer of power after President Trump last week declined to commit to it if he loses reelection.

Lawmakers adopted the measure in a bipartisan 397-5 vote, with all of the votes in opposition coming from Republicans.

Tuesday’s vote followed one last week on a virtually identical measure in the Senate, which lawmakers in that chamber passed unanimously.

Passage of the resolution in the Democratic-led House also came less than an hour before Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden were set to face off in the first of three presidential debates.

The five Republicans who voted against the resolution were Reps. Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Louie Gohmert (Texas), Clay Higgins (La.), Steve King (Iowa) and Thomas Massie (Ky.).

Neither resolution taken up by the House nor the Senate explicitly mentioned Trump saying last week that he would have to "see what happens" when asked if he would commit to a peaceful transition of power in the event he lost to Biden. Trump also further tried, without evidence, to sow doubt in the reliability of voting by mail during the coronavirus pandemic.

“Get rid of the ballots and you’ll have a very peaceful — there won't be a transfer, frankly. There will be a continuation,” Trump said at a press conference.

<end of excerpt>

I strongly disapprove of Trump's statement last week about getting rid of the ballots and his refusal to confirm if he will concede the election if he loses to Biden. And in fairness, I strongly disapproved when Hillary advised Biden not to concede the presidency under any circumstances. I'm afraid the reaction to the final results of the upcoming election will be terrible, no matter if Trump wins or Biden wins. I fear the stability of our country is dangerously close to the breaking point because our nation has become extremely divided. I'm very concerned for our country.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden In Him

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Article link: House in near-unanimous vote affirms peaceful transfer of power

(article excerpt included. I recommend reading the rest of the article)

The House adopted a resolution on Tuesday to affirm the chamber’s support for a peaceful transfer of power after President Trump last week declined to commit to it if he loses reelection.

Lawmakers adopted the measure in a bipartisan 397-5 vote, with all of the votes in opposition coming from Republicans.

Tuesday’s vote followed one last week on a virtually identical measure in the Senate, which lawmakers in that chamber passed unanimously.

Passage of the resolution in the Democratic-led House also came less than an hour before Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden were set to face off in the first of three presidential debates.

The five Republicans who voted against the resolution were Reps. Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Louie Gohmert (Texas), Clay Higgins (La.), Steve King (Iowa) and Thomas Massie (Ky.).

Neither resolution taken up by the House nor the Senate explicitly mentioned Trump saying last week that he would have to "see what happens" when asked if he would commit to a peaceful transition of power in the event he lost to Biden. Trump also further tried, without evidence, to sow doubt in the reliability of voting by mail during the coronavirus pandemic.

“Get rid of the ballots and you’ll have a very peaceful — there won't be a transfer, frankly. There will be a continuation,” Trump said at a press conference.

<end of excerpt>

I strongly disapprove of Trump's statement last week about getting rid of the ballots and his refusal to confirm if he will concede the election if he loses to Biden. And in fairness, I strongly disapproved when Hillary advised Biden not to concede the presidency under any circumstances. I'm afraid the reaction to the final results of the upcoming election will be terrible, no matter if Trump wins or Biden wins. I fear the stability of our country is dangerously close to the breaking point because our nation has become extremely divided. I'm very concerned for our country.

Your concerns are justified, and this is why the President is opposed to mass sending of unsolicited mail-in ballots. So we can have a fair election with an indisputable winner.

The left hopes for chaos, so that the government has to declare Marshall law. And this is how their marxist revolution can take off. While the election is disputed they will want Nancy Pelosi to step in, and she could do a lot of damage.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's sad that they want to rig the election because that's what this corrupt party wants to do :(

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does this mean? What ballots was Trump referring to?

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does this mean? What ballots was Trump referring to?

It's the mail-in voting ballots. He's been assailing against this form of voting for awhile now, even though he and Melania voted by mail.

Trump on peaceful transition if he loses: 'Get rid of the ballots' and 'there won't be a transfer'

President Donald Trump was asked Wednesday whether he would commit to a peaceful transfer of power should he lose this fall to Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. The president declined to do so.

"Well, we're going to have to see what happens," Trump said. "You know that I've been complaining very strongly about the ballots, and the ballots are a disaster."

Pressed further, Trump said: "We'll want to have — get rid of the ballots and you'll have a very — we'll have a very peaceful — there won't be a transfer, frankly. There'll be a continuation."

When asked by Fox News' Chris Wallace in June whether he would accept the election results, Trump said he would "have to see" and claimed that mail-in voting will "rig the election."

Trump has repeatedly assailed mail-in voting as widely fraudulent, but he and his campaign have released no evidence to prove it. Even though the president and first lady Melania Trump have voted by mail and his campaign and Republicans have encouraged voters in key swing states to request ballots, his campaign is suing multiple states over mail-in voting rules.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It's the mail-in voting ballots. He's been assailing against this form of voting for awhile now, even though he and Melania voted by mail.

Trump on peaceful transition if he loses: 'Get rid of the ballots' and 'there won't be a transfer'

President Donald Trump was asked Wednesday whether he would commit to a peaceful transfer of power should he lose this fall to Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. The president declined to do so.

"Well, we're going to have to see what happens," Trump said. "You know that I've been complaining very strongly about the ballots, and the ballots are a disaster."

Pressed further, Trump said: "We'll want to have — get rid of the ballots and you'll have a very — we'll have a very peaceful — there won't be a transfer, frankly. There'll be a continuation."

When asked by Fox News' Chris Wallace in June whether he would accept the election results, Trump said he would "have to see" and claimed that mail-in voting will "rig the election."

Trump has repeatedly assailed mail-in voting as widely fraudulent, but he and his campaign have released no evidence to prove it. Even though the president and first lady Melania Trump have voted by mail and his campaign and Republicans have encouraged voters in key swing states to request ballots, his campaign is suing multiple states over mail-in voting rules.

This is inaccurate, President Trump has repeatedly said he is for absentee ballots where you must ask for them and provide some information before the ballot is sent to you. His problem is with the unsolicited mass mailings to who knows where.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you saying that Trump is against all forms of mail-in ballots?

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is inaccurate, President Trump has repeatedly said he is for absentee ballots where you must ask for them and provide some information before the ballot is sent to you. His problem is with the unsolicited mass mailings to who knows where.

Trump has a history of flip-flopping and backtracking on what he says. Examples of him backtracking on the ballots: (1) Trump Tells Floridians To Request Mail-In Ballots After Call To ‘Get Rid Of The Ballots’ (2) Trump encouraged NC voters to cast two ballots. Here’s what he got wrong (3) Trump’s Repeated False Attacks on Mail-In Ballots (4) As Trump attacks voting by mail, his campaign tells supporters to request absentee ballots.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that Trump is against all forms of mail-in ballots?

I believe Trump is for whatever benefits him the most, whether it's for his political advantage, in his personal life or in his businesses. I think he'll say whatever he thinks will benefit him or what he thinks his apologists want to hear. He won't hesitate to lie to get his way. He said, "You know that I've been complaining very strongly about the ballots, and the ballots are a disaster" and he claimed mail-in voting will "rig the election."

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It's not flip-flopping he has consistently been for absentee ballots where you must request one, like Florida. And he has been against unsolicited mass mailings of ballots.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Trump is for whatever benefits him the most, whether it's for his own political advantage, in his personal life or in his businesses. I think he will say whatever he thinks will benefit him the most or whatever he thinks his apologists want to hear. He won't hesitate to lie to get his way.

Trump and many other citizens (including myself) are against the type of mail-in ballots sent out without being requested by individual citizens. Since these are not requested using a signed application, there is no proof who is casting these ballots. There have already been many instances of voter fraud using this method of voting. The States differ in how the different types of ballots are used. In my state, the voter has to send in a signed application in order to receive an absentee ballot.

Here's some info on this issue: https://www.heritage.org/sites/default/files/2020-05/FS_188_NEW.pdf

Here's a perfect example of how mail-in ballots are being used fraudulently.

Last edited:

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can produce even more reports that say otherwise. You should watch the video I posted if you want to be informed. In a congressional race, it doesn't take many fraudulent votes, depending on how many votes are cast, to steal an election.

Here's one:

28 Million Mail-In Ballots Went Missing in Last Four Elections | RealClearPolitics

Mistakes made in the postal service and false allegations concerning potential voter fraud can and have happened.

Case in point...

Luzerne County says a temporary worker threw out military ballots

Team Trump capitalizes on Pennsylvania ballot incident to baselessly accuse Democrats of 'stealing' the election

Personally, I'm more inclined to listen to the F.B.I. and U.S. intelligence agencies investigation results regarding voter fraud than listen to Trump's apparent fear-mongering attempts about voter fraud to undermine the presidential election for his own political advantage. I don't think Trump is an honest man and I don't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth. I don't trust him and I always research whatever he says.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I'm more inclined to listen to the F.B.I. and U.S. intelligence agencies investigation results regarding voter fraud than listen to Trump's apparent fear-mongering attempts about voter fraud to undermine the presidential election for his own political advantage. I don't think Trump is an honest man and I don't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth. I don't trust him and I always research whatever he says.

You come across as being very anti-Trump.

The report on mail-in voter fraud that Project Veritas produced has nothing to do with Trump. If you haven't watched the video I posted, I urge you to do so. If you don't want to educate yourself about voter fraud related to mail-in ballots, so be it. I like to know what's going on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.