How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
show us some maturity instead of bullying others and putting them down and mocking them. set the example for others to follow.
Get your milk elsewhere. I'm not going to pander to your flesh. You want me to rescue you? You need Jesus not me. Go to the cross. take some responsibility.

Reactions: faithfulness

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen look and how many Christians he is attacking this morning already.
Its his last ditch effort . He knows and is angry at our continual reminders about the DIRE NECESSITY TO BELIEVE ON CHRIST
It has shut his efforts to decieve DOWN . It has caused great anger to rise up in him .
But as i say to one i say to all , TILL THE LAST BREATH I AM GONNA COTINUALLLY and CONTIUOUSLY
remind all , OF THE DIRE NECESSITY TO BELIEVE ON CHRIST JESUS . AND i see i aint alone either .
WE ARE GONNA ALL POINT TO CHRIST . TO HE and to HE ALONE . Hit the trenches and let all praise and all thank the LORD

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
In your religiously bent opinion. Of course you will deny anything that doesn't confirm you own religious direction. Because you are obviously ignorant of anything ALIVE concerning God, I hope you will not blaspheme the Spirit.

Not everyone gets a gift of faith...just like not all prophesy. Read your bible. Stop pretending to be more than a beginner in these matters.

We have to go to Him to finish what He started IN us. Our completion is in Him. In Him is no sin. Not in us.

Learn something. Read the bible without the religious blinders on.

Very few indeed...those who see the active work of the Spirit as wrong...have never known anything of the eternal reality one is born again into. There is a lot of American "born again" ideology...but God is NOT known of these.

Cain is also a brother. God didn't condemn him. He set His mark on him. There are as many Cains as Abels in the church. Those who come to God with repentance will be accepted by God.

Read the bible again. God says...will you not be accepted??? Learn something while you peruse these threads.

That is false...and is called the "serpent-seed" heresy. Would God offer Cain to be accepted if he was only evil? Many here are like Cain. And like Korah. You have to ask yourself "Lord, is it I?"

Cain represents the outer man that wants what the inner man is being offered. If you understood that...well then you would also be delivered from your own Cain spirit. But will you???? Having accepted a free sacrifice....are you willing to offer yourself as a living sacrifice to be in turn accepted by God?

How dare you deny that Cain and Abel are not from the same father?

Sounds like you are posturing here.

My warning is to those who have so much religious certainty that they are ready to be rejected...like the sons of the kingdom were rejected before them.

All this religious posturing can only come from a Pharisaical self-justification. My council is for much more humility and godly fear. If you read the bible more carefully you would agree with the emphasis on fear and humility....rather than all this religious outrage.
I notice you are losing followers--that is excellent.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get your milk elsewhere. I'm not going to pander to your flesh. You want me to rescue you? You need Jesus not me. Go to the cross. take some responsibility.
projecting again I see since you are the one causing division read Pauls advice to you below. You are choking on the milk let alone trying to chew on any sort of meat.

1 Cor 3
I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people who are still worldly—mere infants in Christ. 2 I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. 3 You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans? 4 For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings

Reactions: Johann

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cause when lambs arise and preach CHRIST and HIM crucified , it shuts down all that resist .
It wont allow leaven to come in . TRUTH IS POWERFUL . Thus let us stand on the ROCK of our
salavation , CHRIST JESUS and continuouly point to HE ALONE . Teaching CHRIST and HIM CRUCIFIED
continually .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cause when lambs arise and preach CHRIST and HIM crucified , it shuts down all that resist .
It wont allow leaven to come in . TRUTH IS POWERFUL . Thus let us stand on the ROCK of our
salavation , CHRIST JESUS and continuouly point to HE ALONE . Teaching CHRIST and HIM CRUCIFIED
continually .
Yes when the lambs/sheep stick together the wolves are no threat.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is SO childish. How old are you people? I'm not looking for followers. You are...your flesh supports other flesh. And you think that because you chase away decent Christians with your bullying and Cain behaviour...that you are winning something? Your judgment is just getting worse and worse.

Do I care how many people agree with the crows? Of course not. Crows flock together looking for whatever is dead.

Reactions: faithfulness

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is SO childish. How old are you people? I'm not looking for followers. You are...your flesh supports other flesh. And you think that because you chase away decent Christians with your bullying and Cain behaviour...that you are winning something? Your judgment is just getting worse and worse.

Do I care how many people agree with the crows? Of course not. Crows flock together looking for whatever is dead.
more fruits of the flesh and the deeds of darkness at work. you will now them by their fruits as a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

2 Tim 2
Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 16 Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. 17 Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18 who have departed from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because lambs POINT TO CHRIST JESUS . And the LORD is with the lambs .
I shall give thee a mouth . Let all who name the name of CHRIST point to HE ALONE
to HIS teachings , and in all we do and say may it HONOR HE who has saved us and can keep us from falling .
THE LORD is our hope and our salvation . Praise be to the glorious LORD .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I reject your religiously bent modern gospel you justify yourself with.
You reject the Scriptures--to be blunt--since you don't quote the Scriptures--having a form of godliness but denying it's power--

1Ti 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

1Ti 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

1Ti 6:5
Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

1Ti 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

You are unable to defend the Scriptures--but would revert to your "experiences" which is contrary to the Scriptures.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Amen!

Eph 1:15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

Eph 1:16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Eph 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!

Eph 1:15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

Eph 1:16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Eph 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
True unity indeed will always Focus on and point to CHRIST . that is the true unity of the saints .
But beware this other false all inclusive unity which WONT POINT TO HIM
but rather it points to humanity . That is the unity NO LAMB will gather with or under .
OUR UNITY is UNDER JESUS CHRIST and ITS HE ALONE we POINT TOO .
The lambs contend for the true faith by which if a man believes HE shall be saved . FAITH IN CHRIST JESUS and IN HE ALONE .
The true unity of the gospel of Christ which reconciles man to GOD BY FAITH IN CHRIST .
This other unity , this other go spell , it only focuses on reconciling man to man and finding common ground .
And thus ITS A DISASTER that will not save them . JESUS MUST be put FIRST or its all in vain .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not be suprised if by the casting off of self they probably mean casting off religoius dogma .
You know things like saying ONE must BELIEVE IN JESUS . They think thats all OLD fundamental religoin
that needs to die . As they follow the so called new and improved social all inclusive lie .
Watch their words and actions . Epi has more than once spoke of muslims and buddists and etc
To many their call is DIE to the BIBLE and FOLLOW THE NEW REVELATION . AND ITS FALSE my friend .
WE are gonna stick to CHRIST , HIS GOSPEL and the bible .
You are talking about casting off religious dogma? LOL! That is all that you talk about. You preach nothing but religious rigidity, your own personal interpretation, while condemning others who disagree with you.

When are you going to stop condemning others and instead, loving them (as Jesus commanded)?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words its cast off biblical traditions and learn the new revelations of men like epi and the all inclusive .
I would not marvel at all my dear friend .
Many believe they had some kind of great awakening , but when we test that awakening by the doctrine they now teach
ITS EASY to see IT was NO AWAKENING , but rather twisted knowledge to turn folks away from original truth
of the one true faith that was once delivered long ago to the apostels .
They big on SELF REVELATION and consider those who remain under the original truth
as fanatics , extremists , and even some words i wont dare repeat in the presence of the living .
To them its now all about a new utopian empire and the old ways have GOT TO GO as they prepare
the new ways . Its known as the falling away , but they call it the awakening .
LOL!!! :jest:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are talking about casting off religious dogma? LOL! That is all that you talk about. You preach nothing but religious rigidity, your own personal interpretation, while condemning others who disagree with you.

When are you going to stop condemning others and instead, loving them (as Jesus commanded)?
Are you upset cause lambs aint falling for epi . YOU need to examine that man my friend .
HE aint pointing to FAITH , to BELIEF in CHRIST . I dont read all your posts
but tell me , how come you have never tried to point EPI in the right direction
YET YOU always seem to come against me . Wait . You also follow that social justice gospel .
And that is yalls common ground . maybe that is why you seem so intent against me
yet seem to never once correct epi . Ponder on that for abit .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To many being born again is when they recieved their awakening , their hidden knowledge , their great mystery .
And to them it dont matter what one calls it or what religion they sat under .
THEY BELIEVE in the universal religion that joins all together as one to do common good for the planet and humanity .
OH its a mystery all right . THE MYSTERY OF INQUITY to lead them astray from the ONE TRUE GOSPLE OF CHRIST
from the ONLY ONE WHO COULD and DOES SAVE .
But to them it simply is the will of GOD for all to unite under a common mindset .
And that mindset , though it preaches tolerance unity and love and calls for the common good of mankind ,
ITS nothing more than a ruse from the dragon to lead all right to a lie by leading them away
from the DIRE NECESSITY OF CHRIST and into the dire necessity for world peace and unity and to be as one .
IT IS A delusion and its a STRONG ONE TOO . ITS UNIFYING secular , political realms , its taken hold
on education , and on all religions . To bring them to what they think is love .
and what the religoins will see as the love god . LOVE that cometh NOT OF GOD , BUT OF THE WORLD and of the dragon
who unifies the many to now be as one . The delusion itself cannot be stopped .
BUT we can warn against the falsehoods , expose the lies and POINT ONLY TO CHRIST in hopes some will hear .
So I guess that the command to love our neighbor as ourselves means nothing? Why are you so chronically negative, judgmental, and hateful? You condemn with these words: " To bring them to what they think is love". Here is what the Bible says...

John 3:16-17, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world [unlike yourself!] but in order that the world might be saved through him."

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I guess that the command to love our neighbor as ourselves means nothing? Why are you so chronically negative, judgmental, and hateful? You condemn with these words: " To bring them to what they think is love". Here is what the Bible says...

John 3:16-17, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world [unlike yourself!] but in order that the world might be saved through him."
That who soever BELIEVES in HIM may not perish .
TRY TELLING that one to EPI . Go ahead . SOME of us have already SEEN what he has to say about that .
YET you NEVER correct that man who preaches another gospel . GUESS you forgot
the part where paul once wrote and said but if even WE , or an angel preach unto you ANY OTHER GOSPEL
than what WE preached , LET him be accursed .
But you are too busy coming after me , WHO has continually preached BELIEVE YE in CHRIST
and never once say a word to EPI , who says otherwise . YA MIGHT wanna RETHINK things my friend . HURRY .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
True unity indeed will always Focus on and point to CHRIST . that is the true unity of the saints .
But beware this other false all inclusive unity which WONT POINT TO HIM
but rather it points to humanity . That is the unity NO LAMB will gather with or under .
OUR UNITY is UNDER JESUS CHRIST and ITS HE ALONE we POINT TOO .
The lambs contend for the true faith by which if a man believes HE shall be saved . FAITH IN CHRIST JESUS and IN HE ALONE .
The true unity of the gospel of Christ which reconciles man to GOD BY FAITH IN CHRIST .
This other unity , this other go spell , it only focuses on reconciling man to man and finding common ground .
And thus ITS A DISASTER that will not save them . JESUS MUST be put FIRST or its all in vain .
1Co 2:2 for I decided not to know any thing among you, except Jesus Christ, and him crucified;

1) "For I determined." (Greek gar ekrina) "For I made a decision, judgment, or determined". Men's actions, as Christians and ministers of Christ, are of their own will, volition, choice or decision, not by compulsion.

2) "Not to know anything among you." (Greek ou ti eidenai) "Not to know or perceive anything." (Greek en humin) "Among you" . . . Paul determined not to present himself, his Greek, Hebrew, or Latin or philosophy as a basis of being known among the brethren. Act_20:18-27.

3) "Save Jesus Christ." (Greek ei me iesoun Christon) "If not or except Jesus Christ." This indicates Paul's sincere desire to present Jesus Christ, not himself or his own wisdom and person (Gal_6:14; 1Co_10:24).

4) "And him crucified." (Greek kai touton estauromenon) "And this one having been crucified." Gal_2:20; Tit_3:5; 1Co_1:17; 1Co_1:31.

For I determined not to know anything among you (ou gar ekrina ti eidenai en humin). Literally, “For I did not decide to know anything among you.” The negative goes with ekrina, not with ti. Paul means that he did not think it fit or his business to know anything for his message beyond this “mystery of God.”
Save Jesus Christ (ei mē Iēsoun Christon). Both the person and the office (Lightfoot).

I had no intent to go beyond him and in particular, and him crucified (kai touton estaurōmenon). Literally, and this one as crucified (perfect passive participle). This phase in particular (1Co_1:18) was selected by Paul from the start as the centre of his gospel message. He decided to stick to it even after Athens where he was practically laughed out of court. The Cross added to the scandalon of the Incarnation, but Paul kept to the main track on coming to Corinth.
Robertson

When all else fails, preach Christ, and THIS ONE having being crucified--

1Co_1:22-25; Joh_17:3; Gal_3:1, Gal_6:14; Php_3:8-10

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you upset cause lambs aint falling for epi . YOU need to examine that man my friend .
HE aint pointing to FAITH , to BELIEF in CHRIST . I dont read all your posts
but tell me , how come you have never tried to point EPI in the right direction
YET YOU always seem to come against me . Wait . You also follow that social justice gospel .
And that is yalls common ground . maybe that is why you seem so intent against me
yet seem to never once correct epi . Ponder on that for abit .
I will respond as I see appropriate. You are the one who goes on and on and on and on ... and on judging and condemning everyone, including those who are believing and professing Christians, who have accepted Christ s their Savior, are born again, attend church, pray, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.