How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will respond as I see appropriate. You are the one who goes on and on and on and on ... and on judging and condemning everyone, including those who are believing and professing Christians, who have accepted Christ s their Savior, are born again, attend church, pray, etc.
correction aint sin jim . Leave leaven and it only leavens to the full . Learn the pattern Christ taught
and later the apostels would . It aint a sin to correct sin within the church jim .
Its not a sin to expose those who have crept in and decieve .
Its not a sin to expose error jim .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I will respond as I see appropriate. You are the one who goes on and on and on and on ... and on judging and condemning everyone, including those who are believing and professing Christians, who have accepted Christ s their Savior, are born again, attend church, pray, etc.
You can't reason somebody out of something that they haven't reasoned themselves into.

• Love
Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not be suprised if by the casting off of self they probably mean casting off religoius dogma .
You know things like saying ONE must BELIEVE IN JESUS . They think thats all OLD fundamental religoin
that needs to die . As they follow the so called new and improved social all inclusive lie .
Watch their words and actions . Epi has more than once spoke of muslims and buddists and etc
To many their call is DIE to the BIBLE and FOLLOW THE NEW REVELATION . AND ITS FALSE my friend .
WE are gonna stick to CHRIST , HIS GOSPEL and the bible .
Clearly you know nothing about Buddhism or Islam. And again, you ignore the fact that God loves the world, whereas you clearly do not. Again (and again and again... and again), the Bible in both Testaments, says to love our neighbor as ourselves!

I don't know how many times you need to be reminded that, in the parable Jesus told, He demonstrated love by using a despised Samaritan as His example. The "righteous" Jews passed the man by. Loving your neighbor is what is most important!!! It saddens me that you fail to understand that basic principle, All you do is judge and condemn, believing that is what God wants. How can you be so deceived???

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
show us some maturity instead of bullying others and putting them down and mocking them. set the example for others to follow.
With some people the bible would have sixty seven books .
The last one being the revelation of , THEIR NAME and christ . example the revelation of thier name and christ or etc .
Or perhaps sixty eight books . with the sixty eight being titled the gospel of ........fill in the blank with their name and then christ .
ME thinks the problem is to some the bible is a good book , but the parts that contradict their own revelation
WELL no need to buy that .........eh .
ME thinks some put their own personal revelation above the Revelation of CHRIST and of HIS TRUTH .
The bible is good , but only so far as it agrees with THEM .
And that is DANGEROUS BIG TIME . We dont conform the scriptures to agree with our REVELATION and knowledge
RATHER we would simply let the TRUTH in the bible transform our minds by the power of the HOLY GHOST .
Twisted truth aint truth . TRUTH from GOD IS TRUTH .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly you know nothing about Buddhism or Islam. And again, you ignore the fact that God loves the world, whereas you clearly do not. Again (and again and again... and again), the Bible in both Testaments, says to love our neighbor as ourselves!

I don't know how many times you need to be reminded that, in the parable Jesus told, He demonstrated love by using a despised Samaritan as His example. The "righteous" Jews passed the man by. Loving your neighbor is what is most important!!! It saddens me that you fail to understand that basic principle, All you do is judge and condemn, believing that is what God wants. How can you be so deceived???
Clearly i actually do know about islam and buddism . You do realize i didnt always follow christ .
Now that i do , I can clearly say THEMS FALSE RELIGOINS BUD . FALSE .
no doubt there may be lots of kind folks in those religions , but they false none the less .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
correction aint sin jim . Leave leaven and it only leavens to the full . Learn the pattern Christ taught
and later the apostels would . It aint a sin to correct sin within the church jim .
Its not a sin to expose those who have crept in and decieve .
Its not a sin to expose error jim .
LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF!!! It is a sin to see yourself as righteous when clearly you are judgmental. You persistently condemn your brothers and sisters in Christ. You give one excuse after another for your behavior, but you are blind!!!

One thing we agree on: it's not a sin to expose error!!!

Reactions: Waiting on him

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
With some people the bible would have sixty seven books .
The last one being the revelation of , THEIR NAME and christ . example the revelation of thier name and christ or etc .
Or perhaps sixty eight books . with the sixty eight being titled the gospel of ........fill in the blank with their name and then christ .
ME thinks the problem is to some the bible is a good book , but the parts that contradict their own revelation
WELL no need to buy that .........eh .
ME thinks some put their own personal revelation above the Revelation of CHRIST and of HIS TRUTH .
The bible is good , but only so far as it agrees with THEM .
And that is DANGEROUS BIG TIME . We dont conform the scriptures to agree with our REVELATION and knowledge
RATHER we would simply let the TRUTH in the bible transform our minds by the power of the HOLY GHOST .
Twisted truth aint truth . TRUTH from GOD IS TRUTH .

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there NO mature people here who can hold a decent conversation? This thread is not meant as a nursery. Go elsewhere...there are plenty of milky threads.
Look at you O man, looking down from your lofty place. Have you not read, have you not heard, how The Lord brings down the towering oaks of Bashan. Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees; every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF!!! It is a sin to see yourself as righteous when clearly you are judgmental. You persistently condemn your brothers and sisters in Christ. You give one excuse after another for your behavior, but you are blind!!!

One thing we agree on: it's not a sin to expose error!!!
Well neighbors dont let neighbors follow the all inclusive social gospel lie .
Just as friends dont let friends cling to politics
friends dont let friends believe a lie that cannot save .
Heck friends dont evet let enemies believe a lie that cannot save .
The all inclusive social justice go spell is a lie from the dragon himself .
And it has infected all groups to some degree . Well , all groups cept one . THE LAMBS , cause they aint gonna buy it .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aka , SPEAK IT TILL THE LAST BREATH . OPEN WIDE thy mouth and procliam CHRIST and HE alone
as the only means to be saved . Open wide that cage of a mouth and let us profess JESUS CHRIST to the last and final breath .
On the day of judgment , and believe me there will be such a day , THE JUDGE of the quick and Dead
is not gonna be angry at the one who continously pointed to HE Alone .
Now lift those hands and praise the LORD my friend .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Well neighbors dont let neighbors follow the all inclusive social gospel lie .
Just as friends dont let friends cling to politics
friends dont let friends believe a lie that cannot save .
Heck friends dont evet let enemies believe a lie that cannot save .
The all inclusive social justice go spell is a lie from the dragon himself .
And it has infected all groups to some degree . Well , all groups cept one . THE LAMBS , cause they aint gonna buy it .
  • No, the lambs ain't gonna buy it--but we should be willing to be corrected-

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for restoration, and for training in righteousness,

2Ti 3:17 so that the person belonging to God may be capable, fully equipped for every good deed.

All: 2Sa_23:2; Mat_21:42, Mat_22:31-32, Mat_22:43, Mat_26:54, Mat_26:56; Mar_12:24, Mar_12:36; Joh_10:35; Act_1:16, Act_28:25; Rom_3:2, Rom_15:4; Gal_3:8; Heb_3:7, Heb_4:12; 2Pe_1:19-21
and is: Psa_19:7-11, Psa_119:97-104, Psa_119:130; Mic_2:7; Act_20:20, Act_20:27; 1Co_12:7; Eph_4:11-16
for doctrine: 2Ti_3:10
for reproof: 2Ti_4:2; Pro_6:23, Pro_15:10, Pro_15:31; Joh_3:20; Eph_5:11-13; Heb_11:1 *Gr.
for instruction: 2Ti_2:25; Deu_4:36; Neh_9:20; Psa_119:9, Psa_119:11; Mat_13:52; Act_18:25; Rom_2:20

1) "All scripture is given by inspiration of God" (pasa graphe theopneustos) "Every scripture (is) God-breathed, inspired;" This means every sacred writing which is inspired of God is also profitable; Sacred writings of false religions were neither inspired nor profitable; 2Pe_1:20-21.

2) "And is profitable for" (kai opelemos pros) "Even profitable for;" Rom_15:4; 1Co_10:11; Psa_119:9-10; Psa_119:105; Psa_119:130.
a) "Doctrine" (didaskalian) "Teaching," Mat_28:20; Mat_24:35.
b) "For reproof" (pros elegmon) "For reproof," chiding for wrong, Pro_10:17; Pro_29:15.
c) "For correction" (pros epanorthosin) "For correction," making orthodox, true, or correct, Pro_3:11; Pro_22:15; Pro_23:13.
d) "For instruction in righteousness" (pros paideian ten en dikaosune) "For child-training in righteousness," for disciplinary purposes, Heb_12:5; Pro_12:1; Pro_13:1; Pro_15:32-33.

1. Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable (pāsa graphē theopneustos kai ōphelimos). There are two matters of doubt in this clause. One is the absence of the article hē before graphē, whether that makes it mean “every scripture” or “all scripture” as of necessity if present.

Unfortunately, there are examples both ways with both pās and graphē. Twice we find graphē in the singular without the article and yet definite (1Pe_2:6; 2Pe_1:20). We have pās Israēl (Rom_11:26) for all Israel (Robertson, Grammar, p. 772).

So far as the grammatical usage goes, one can render here either “all scripture” or “every scripture.” There is no copula (estin) in the Greek and so one has to insert it either before the kai or after it. If before, as is more natural, then the meaning is: “All scripture (or every scripture) is inspired of God and profitable.” In this form there is a definite assertion of inspiration. That can be true also of the second way, making “inspired of God” descriptive of “every scripture,” and putting estin (is) after kai: “All scripture (or every scripture), inspired of God, is also profitable.”
Inspired of God (theopneustos). “God-breathed.” Late word (Plutarch) here only in N.T. Perhaps in contrast to the commandments of men in Tit_1:14.
Profitable (ōphelimos). See note on 1Ti_4:8. See Rom_15:4. Four examples of pros (facing, with a view to, for): didaskalian, teaching; elegmon, reproof, in lxx and here only in N.T.; epanorthōsin, correction, old word, from epanorthoō, to set up straight in addition, here only in N.T., with which compare epidiorthoō in Tit_1:5; paideian, instruction, with which compare Eph_6:4.
Robertson.

Serious consequences for people to think that Scripture are "dead letters"

Later
J.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at you O man, looking down from your lofty place. Have you not read, have you not heard, how The Lord brings down the towering oaks of Bashan. Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees; every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Oh what a gorgeous reminder just popped in my head when i read that .
Would you like to know what it was .
Read again that scripture .
Look closely at it .
ITS ALL ABOUT CHRIST JESUS and the glorious gospel of truth . As i see you made the connection yourself .
The HIGH TREES , the HIGH MOUTAINS shall be brought low and the low places exalted .
THE LORD giveth grace unto the humble , but indeed resists the proud .
The proud RESIST CHRIST and that is a fact . And as it was once said
unto a nation that had been well planted but had left off taking HEED to its maker
THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS but their heart is far from me
so too has this become the case with many who even lip the name of CHRIST
yet follow not HIM in heart .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • No, the lambs ain't gonna buy it--but we should be willing to be corrected-

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for restoration, and for training in righteousness,

2Ti 3:17 so that the person belonging to God may be capable, fully equipped for every good deed.

All: 2Sa_23:2; Mat_21:42, Mat_22:31-32, Mat_22:43, Mat_26:54, Mat_26:56; Mar_12:24, Mar_12:36; Joh_10:35; Act_1:16, Act_28:25; Rom_3:2, Rom_15:4; Gal_3:8; Heb_3:7, Heb_4:12; 2Pe_1:19-21
and is: Psa_19:7-11, Psa_119:97-104, Psa_119:130; Mic_2:7; Act_20:20, Act_20:27; 1Co_12:7; Eph_4:11-16
for doctrine: 2Ti_3:10
for reproof: 2Ti_4:2; Pro_6:23, Pro_15:10, Pro_15:31; Joh_3:20; Eph_5:11-13; Heb_11:1 *Gr.
for instruction: 2Ti_2:25; Deu_4:36; Neh_9:20; Psa_119:9, Psa_119:11; Mat_13:52; Act_18:25; Rom_2:20

1) "All scripture is given by inspiration of God" (pasa graphe theopneustos) "Every scripture (is) God-breathed, inspired;" This means every sacred writing which is inspired of God is also profitable; Sacred writings of false religions were neither inspired nor profitable; 2Pe_1:20-21.

2) "And is profitable for" (kai opelemos pros) "Even profitable for;" Rom_15:4; 1Co_10:11; Psa_119:9-10; Psa_119:105; Psa_119:130.
a) "Doctrine" (didaskalian) "Teaching," Mat_28:20; Mat_24:35.
b) "For reproof" (pros elegmon) "For reproof," chiding for wrong, Pro_10:17; Pro_29:15.
c) "For correction" (pros epanorthosin) "For correction," making orthodox, true, or correct, Pro_3:11; Pro_22:15; Pro_23:13.
d) "For instruction in righteousness" (pros paideian ten en dikaosune) "For child-training in righteousness," for disciplinary purposes, Heb_12:5; Pro_12:1; Pro_13:1; Pro_15:32-33.

1. Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable (pāsa graphē theopneustos kai ōphelimos). There are two matters of doubt in this clause. One is the absence of the article hē before graphē, whether that makes it mean “every scripture” or “all scripture” as of necessity if present.

Unfortunately, there are examples both ways with both pās and graphē. Twice we find graphē in the singular without the article and yet definite (1Pe_2:6; 2Pe_1:20). We have pās Israēl (Rom_11:26) for all Israel (Robertson, Grammar, p. 772).

So far as the grammatical usage goes, one can render here either “all scripture” or “every scripture.” There is no copula (estin) in the Greek and so one has to insert it either before the kai or after it. If before, as is more natural, then the meaning is: “All scripture (or every scripture) is inspired of God and profitable.” In this form there is a definite assertion of inspiration. That can be true also of the second way, making “inspired of God” descriptive of “every scripture,” and putting estin (is) after kai: “All scripture (or every scripture), inspired of God, is also profitable.”
Inspired of God (theopneustos). “God-breathed.” Late word (Plutarch) here only in N.T. Perhaps in contrast to the commandments of men in Tit_1:14.
Profitable (ōphelimos). See note on 1Ti_4:8. See Rom_15:4. Four examples of pros (facing, with a view to, for): didaskalian, teaching; elegmon, reproof, in lxx and here only in N.T.; epanorthōsin, correction, old word, from epanorthoō, to set up straight in addition, here only in N.T., with which compare epidiorthoō in Tit_1:5; paideian, instruction, with which compare Eph_6:4.
Robertson.

Serious consequences for people to think that Scripture are "dead letters"

Later
J.
We should all be willing to be corrected .
Thus if a man speaks error , bring correction to that man .
But let us always remember man does not live by emotion but rather by every word of GOD .
If we do see error we must correct error . Yes indeed my friend .
And as i have said before so say i now again , IF folks see error in me
dont let me remain in error and hug me and let me believe all is well .
Correct me . But do so with scripture . For as you well know
many may THINK they see error in another , and its good they do try and correct it ,
But if what they thought was error is found to align with scripture , Then it aint error at all .
Jim goes after me like a starved bull dog would on a fresh pork chop .
YET i would love for him to read ALL things , not just specified certain verses taken out of text , BUT ALL THINGS
that CHRIST taught and later the apostels taught .
I aint even a tenth as serious against error as was paul . I mean that man had folks delivered over
That man seriously warned the church repent or else . And while pauls desire was rather
he would find them doing good , SO ITS WHY he warned them in the letter to repent or else ,
GO peek at what paul said he was gonna do if they repented not .
or see what pual also told timothy and titus too . SEE , IT IS LOVE TO CORRECT , TO REBUKE , to expose error
and wolves . But to jim i be the monster because i do so . AND YET i dont even do it on the level that paul did .
Guess paul would surely have been seen as a monster . I mean if jim said i was following my father the devil ,
AND HE DID SAY THAT , what on earth would he have said to paul . or even worse what would he have called CHRIST

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Oh what a gorgeous reminder just popped in my head when i read that .
Would you like to know what it was .
Read again that scripture .
Look closely at it .
ITS ALL ABOUT CHRIST JESUS and the glorious gospel of truth . As i see you made the connection yourself .
The HIGH TREES , the HIGH MOUTAINS shall be brought low and the low places exalted .
THE LORD giveth grace unto the humble , but indeed resists the proud .
The proud RESIST CHRIST and that is a fact . And as it was once said
unto a nation that had been well planted but had left off taking HEED to its maker
THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS but their heart is far from me
so too has this become the case with many who even lip the name of CHRIST
yet follow not HIM in heart .
Isa 2:12 For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

SINNERS, AND THE DAY OF THE LORD

1. The day of judgment will come - not only upon Judah and Jerusalem, but also upon all men and things, (Act_17:31).
2. The delightful things, wherein men have placed their trust, will be revealed as worthless.
3. With loathing and disgust, the idols men have made as objects of worship will be cast "to the moles and bats" - as worse than worthless!
4. Three times the prophet declares that the pride and haughtiness of man will be utterly broken.
5. Three times mention is made of man's attempt to hide, or take refuge, in "the holes of the rocks", "the caves of the earth", or "the tops of the ragged rocks" - "for fear of the LORD", Who is coming to judge the earth in righteousness, (comp. Isa_24:20-23; Joe_2:1-3; Joe_2:10-11; Zep_3:8; Luk_21:25-27; Dan_7:9-13; Rev_19:15-17).

Then the prophet gives some sound advice for men of ALL AGES!

the day: Isa_13:6, Isa_13:9; Jer_46:10; Eze_13:5; Amo_5:18; Mal_4:5; 1Co_5:5; 1Th_5:2
upon: Isa_23:9; Pro_6:16-17, Pro_16:5; Dan_4:37, Dan_5:20-24; Mat_23:12; Luk_14:11; Jas_4:6

Isa 2:13 And upon all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and upon all the oaks of Bashan,
Isa 2:14 And upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills that are lifted up,
Isa 2:15 And upon every high tower, and upon every fenced wall,
Isa 2:16 And upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasant pictures.
Isa 2:17
And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
Isa 2:18 And the idols he shall utterly abolish.
Isa 2:19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
Isa 2:20 In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;
Isa 2:21 To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

Isa 2:22 Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?

J.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All false witness. I see God as greater than the bible. To you...the bible IS God. And your reading yourself into it is just a means of justifying yourself by ranting and raving like a lunatic...using bible sounding terminology to cover up what you are really doing. And the simple here like that...because they do the same thing.
Oh wow , I thought he was commissioned by the king of England or something. Are you suggesting all the kings English is only some dressing for the salad he’s offering?

Reactions: Johann

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I guess that the command to love our neighbor as ourselves means nothing? Why are you so chronically negative, judgmental, and hateful? You condemn with these words: " To bring them to what they think is love". Here is what the Bible says...

John 3:16-17, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world [unlike yourself!] but in order that the world might be saved through him."
By his own confession he’s a lamb,

A young sheep. Sometimes I wish his mother would go on and pull the placenta off.

Reactions: Episkopos

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
We should all be willing to be corrected .
Thus if a man speaks error , bring correction to that man .
But let us always remember man does not live by emotion but rather by every word of GOD .
If we do see error we must correct error . Yes indeed my friend .
And as i have said before so say i now again , IF folks see error in me
dont let me remain in error and hug me and let me believe all is well .
Correct me . But do so with scripture . For as you well know
many may THINK they see error in another , and its good they do try and correct it ,
But if what they thought was error is found to align with scripture , Then it aint error at all .
Jim goes after me like a starved bull dog would on a fresh pork chop .
YET i would love for him to read ALL things , not just specified certain verses taken out of text , BUT ALL THINGS
that CHRIST taught and later the apostels taught .
I aint even a tenth as serious against error as was paul . I mean that man had folks delivered over
That man seriously warned the church repent or else . And while pauls desire was rather
he would find them doing good , SO ITS WHY he warned them in the letter to repent or else ,
GO peek at what paul said he was gonna do if they repented not .
or see what pual also told timothy and titus too . SEE , IT IS LOVE TO CORRECT , TO REBUKE , to expose error
and wolves . But to jim i be the monster because i do so . AND YET i dont even do it on the level that paul did .
Guess paul would surely have been seen as a monster . I mean if jim said i was following my father the devil ,
AND HE DID SAY THAT , what on earth would he have said to paul . or even worse what would he have called CHRIST
Mat 5:10 'Happy those persecuted for righteousness' sake—because theirs is the reign of the heavens.
Mat 5:11 'Happy are ye whenever they may reproach you, and may persecute, and may say any evil thing against you falsely for my sake—
Mat 5:12 rejoice ye and be glad, because your reward is great in the heavens, for thus did they persecute the prophets who were before you.

1) "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you," (makarioi este hotan oneidisosi n humas kai dioksosin) "You all are blessed (as the kingdom of heaven) when they reproach you and persecute you;" The "ye" or you all here addressed, let it be noted is the called, chosen, and assembled disciples, who He addresses in this inaugural address to His church, alluded to as "The kingdom of heaven", in this address, Mat_5:1-2; Joh_15:16-17.

2) "And shall say all manner of evil against you falsely," (kai eiposin pan poneron kath' humon pseudomenoi) "And when they say all kind of wicked things against you falsely," as degrading lies. That wicked men would persecute, revile and deride the disciples of Jesus and His church was a pre-concluded matter, because of the enmity of lost men against Jesus and all that is holy. To revile is to abuse face-to-face in differing from backbiting, Mar_15:32. Evil here refers to willful misrepresentation of ones character and conduct, 1Pe_4:14.

3) "For my sake." (eneken hemou) "For the sake of me," or for my cause, which in following me, you embrace, as members of my chosen fellowship, my church, Mat_16:18; Joh_15:18; Joh_15:20; Joh_15:24; Joh_17:14.

Reviling and speaking evil of persons falsely, because of their profession of Christ, and because they dare not sin against God, is a species of persecution, Gen_21:9 Gal_4:29, though the lowest degree of it.

It hath been the constant lot of God’s servants. David said, Psa_35:11, that false witnesses did rise up, and laid to his charge things that he knew not. Thus John and Christ were served, Mat_11:18,19 Lu 7:33,34; nor is it to be wondered that those whose consciences are so seared that they cannot feel the guilt of persecuting others for righteousness’ sake, should not feel the guilt of lying and false swearing. But, saith our Saviour, you are blessed when these things happen unto you, 1Pe_4:13.

You are makarios/Ashrey--supremely blessed--for your pathos, zest and zeal pointing others TO Christ Jesus, and not to yourself, and STANDING for aleithia/truth--[and nothing else BUT the truth]--Pilate said to Christ "What is truth?" and promptly turned his back to THE Truth not waiting for a reply.

I don't sense pride in any shape or form in you, but a yielding, pliable heart.

J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Clearly i actually do know about islam and buddism . You do realize i didnt always follow christ .
Now that i do , I can clearly say THEMS FALSE RELIGOINS BUD . FALSE .
no doubt there may be lots of kind folks in those religions , but they false none the less .
So do I, and Judaism.
J.

Status
Not open for further replies.