How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With some people the bible would have sixty seven books .
The last one being the revelation of , THEIR NAME and christ . example the revelation of thier name and christ or etc .
Or perhaps sixty eight books . with the sixty eight being titled the gospel of ........fill in the blank with their name and then christ .
ME thinks the problem is to some the bible is a good book , but the parts that contradict their own revelation
WELL no need to buy that .........eh .
ME thinks some put their own personal revelation above the Revelation of CHRIST and of HIS TRUTH .
The bible is good , but only so far as it agrees with THEM .
And that is DANGEROUS BIG TIME . We dont conform the scriptures to agree with our REVELATION and knowledge
RATHER we would simply let the TRUTH in the bible transform our minds by the power of the HOLY GHOST .
Twisted truth aint truth . TRUTH from GOD IS TRUTH .
Someone has the book of epi in theirs lol.

• Haha
Reactions: amigo de christo

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Do
Someone has th--

e book of epi in theirs lol.
Do yourself a favor, go to YouTube and see his 4,5 videos and his book available on Amazon--Possibilities of Christ,--

My new book is available on Amazon: The Sum of All Possibilities in Christ

something like that-I really tried to listen to what he was saying, nothing worthwhile--then go to the comments section

This is the video on revival--and someone asked Epi questions--

are you a prophet ?

Spiritual Christianity
·

13 replies
Spiritual Christianity
Spiritual Christianity
10 days ago
I personally function in the gift that God bestows.

Spiritual Christianity
Spiritual Christianity
10 days ago
Although I don't consider myself to have a title....just open to function as God wills.

Nicholas
Nicholas
10 days ago
@Spiritual Christianity can I ask what are the gifts that God has bestowed upon you.

Spiritual Christianity
Spiritual Christianity
10 days ago
@Nicholas Not really. I don't share intimate things on a public forum. Sorry!

Nicholas
Nicholas
10 days ago
@Spiritual Christianity you share videos but not what God has gifted you with that doesn’t make any sense to me.

Spiritual Christianity
Spiritual Christianity
10 days ago
@Nicholas I share public things,...but I hold back the intimate things.

Nicholas
Nicholas
10 days ago (edited)
@Spiritual Christianity I did not know spiritual gifts are intimate things , they are used for the building up of the body of Christ and not used for self or to hide away.

Spiritual Christianity
Spiritual Christianity
10 days ago
@Nicholas A gift is shared in the moment. I can't share every moment with everyone...only as the Lord leads. So often, to be used by God we have to learn to be quiet until prompted to speak by the Spirit.

Nicholas
Nicholas
9 days ago
@Spiritual Christianity how do we know when its the spirit doing the prompting ?

Spiritual Christianity
Spiritual Christianity
9 days ago
@Nicholas Are you a prophet?

Nicholas
Nicholas
8 days ago
no there are no longer prophets in the church

John Hodges
John Hodges
7 days ago
@Spiritual Christianity I can appreciate Nicholas's concern or any believer for that matter, about stating whether they are a prophet, an evangelist or a pastor, Declaring who you are as you labor in the Body of Christ is sensitive. As we know "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit" is our call as a believer. Galatians 5:25
Thank you brother for raising many important thoughts as we "assemble together ...as we see the day approaching" Hebrews 10:25

John F. Morin
John F. Morin
7 days ago
@John Hodges Unbelievers such as Nicholas are trying to influence the weak and gullible...to throw away whatever faith in God they have in order to rely on religious beliefs and posturing that has no power over sin, the devil ad the world.

--and you will notice that John/Epi really think he is a prophet--and is contradicting himself over and over again on this platform.
J.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is the point I was trying to make though. I went to a bible study at a coffee house a few times. They kept saying how it is a free gift that cost nothing. In my head …I didn’t say anything to them…but I was thinking is it true it doesn’t cost anything? Can I keep my pride? Because if I can’t keep my pride, then there is a cost.
Are you confusing our initial salvation with what it costs to follow Jesus? The bible does say it is a free gift, certainly:

Rom 5:15
But not as the offence, so also is the FREE GIFT. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Rom 5:16
And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the FREE GIFT is of many offences unto justification.

Rom 5:18
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the
FREE GIFT came upon all men unto justification of life.

But then after coming to faith in Christ, we do need to begin following Him and grow, and this does cost us. Eg, Jesus spoke about those who were building a tower and didn't count the cost to finish it. The problem I'm having with what is being taught on this, is that the foundation is being denied and even mocked, rather than reconciling the foundation and the walk of faith together. Can't even have a walk of faith without the foundation and starting point.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do

Do yourself a favor, go to YouTube and see his 4,5 videos and his book available on Amazon--Possibilities of Christ,--

My new book is available on Amazon: The Sum of All Possibilities in Christ

something like that-I really tried to listen to what he was saying, nothing worthwhile--then go to the comments section

This is the video on revival--and someone asked Epi questions--

are you a prophet ?

Spiritual Christianity
·

13 replies
Spiritual Christianity
Spiritual Christianity
10 days ago
I personally function in the gift that God bestows.

Spiritual Christianity
Spiritual Christianity
10 days ago
Although I don't consider myself to have a title....just open to function as God wills.

Nicholas
Nicholas
10 days ago
@Spiritual Christianity can I ask what are the gifts that God has bestowed upon you.

Spiritual Christianity
Spiritual Christianity
10 days ago
@Nicholas Not really. I don't share intimate things on a public forum. Sorry!

Nicholas
Nicholas
10 days ago
@Spiritual Christianity you share videos but not what God has gifted you with that doesn’t make any sense to me.

Spiritual Christianity
Spiritual Christianity
10 days ago
@Nicholas I share public things,...but I hold back the intimate things.

Nicholas
Nicholas
10 days ago (edited)
@Spiritual Christianity I did not know spiritual gifts are intimate things , they are used for the building up of the body of Christ and not used for self or to hide away.

Spiritual Christianity
Spiritual Christianity
10 days ago
@Nicholas A gift is shared in the moment. I can't share every moment with everyone...only as the Lord leads. So often, to be used by God we have to learn to be quiet until prompted to speak by the Spirit.

Nicholas
Nicholas
9 days ago
@Spiritual Christianity how do we know when its the spirit doing the prompting ?

Spiritual Christianity
Spiritual Christianity
9 days ago
@Nicholas Are you a prophet?

Nicholas
Nicholas
8 days ago
no there are no longer prophets in the church

John Hodges
John Hodges
7 days ago
@Spiritual Christianity I can appreciate Nicholas's concern or any believer for that matter, about stating whether they are a prophet, an evangelist or a pastor, Declaring who you are as you labor in the Body of Christ is sensitive. As we know "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit" is our call as a believer. Galatians 5:25
Thank you brother for raising many important thoughts as we "assemble together ...as we see the day approaching" Hebrews 10:25

John F. Morin
John F. Morin
7 days ago
@John Hodges Unbelievers such as Nicholas are trying to influence the weak and gullible...to throw away whatever faith in God they have in order to rely on religious beliefs and posturing that has no power over sin, the devil ad the world.

--and you will notice that John/Epi really think he is a prophet--and is contradicting himself over and over again on this platform.
J.
Unbelievable thanks for posting this

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Are you confusing our initial salvation with what it costs to follow Jesus? The bible does say it is a free gift, certainly:

Rom 5:15
But not as the offence, so also is the FREE GIFT. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Rom 5:16
And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the FREE GIFT is of many offences unto justification.

Rom 5:18
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the
FREE GIFT came upon all men unto justification of life.

But then after coming to faith in Christ, we do need to begin following Him and grow, and this does cost us. Eg, Jesus spoke about those who were building a tower and didn't count the cost to finish it. The problem I'm having with what is being taught on this, is that the foundation is being denied and even mocked, rather than reconciling the foundation and the walk of faith together. Can't even have a walk of faith without the foundation and starting point.
Listen to this and give me your feedback--take note of the scripture references--very few--and this is about being born again!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Unbelievable thanks for posting this
Listen to his video clip on HOW to be born again and the Scripture references--[few] unbelievable, we really have a loose cannonball with no accountability.

I pray children are NOT listening to this garbage and 2 and 4th dimension--with guitar scales.

I can sense when a person is gifted, this one is not, and is the author of absolute confusion.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My pride is costing me from receiving the gift. If I understand correctly, it has been explained to me like this: you are still saved from the wages of sin regardless of your pride, but you just won't experience the fullness of the Spirit. You shared if there is a wage (something required), then it is not a gift. But the wage of sin is death. Is this a lie? Can I keep my pride and the Gift too? Can I have my cake and eat it too? Sounds like a Win win no brainer. Feel like going to church to tell them the good news. (I am being sarcastic to make a point).
? Why do you think "gospel" means good news? There is a reason why it is good news.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Listen to his video clip on HOW to be born again and the Scripture references--[few] unbelievable, we really have a loose cannonball with no accountability.

I pray children are NOT listening to this garbage and 2 and 4th dimension--with guitar scales.

I can sense when a person is gifted, this one is not, and is the author of absolute confusion.
GOD is not the author of confusion. Confusion is the sand the devil throws in our faces to try and blind us and knock us off balance.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do I, and Judaism.
J.
What is judaism my friend . I have heard people bring that up .
All i know is TORAH points to CHRIST ,
a jew or a gentile who believes in Christ , who loveth Christ loves GOD who sent him .
A jew or gentile that rejects CHRIST , rejects GOD who sent Him .
Be encouraged my friend and march ever onwards in the glorious Lord .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What is judaism my friend . I have heard people bring that up .
All i know is TORAH points to CHRIST ,
a jew or a gentile who believes in Christ , who loveth Christ loves GOD who sent him .
A jew or gentile that rejects CHRIST , rejects GOD who sent Him .
Be encouraged my friend and march ever onwards in the glorious Lord .
When I say Judaism, I mean Orthodox and Ultra-Orthodox--in denial of Scriptures.

Shalom dear friend
J.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The religious elite.
Yes I agree since you guys are birds of a feather who stick together. It says allot that you support a false prophet who denies the authority of scripture and the one true gospel that saves one from their sins . Who also denies Christs bodily resurrection, ascension and 2nd Coming as the Son of man.

hope this helps !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.