How are you handling the Coronavirus Pandemic?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am concerned that social distancing may just prolong the virus' active duration. If we started with a few isolated cases, can't it easily pop up again until it runs its course?

If at risk persons such as those 60 and older and those who interact with them plus their families practiced social distancing they would be like a separate set in society. Then everyone else continues as usual I wonder if it would be a better response. It would run its course in the people who are likely to survive, then they would no longer be carriers.

I always like to use procedures done in Information Technology as an analogy whenever appropriate. One a computer is infected with malicious software, you quarantine it to prevent it from spreading to the rest of the network, or population. Once its contained, you can study it and develop a fingerprint for it, also referred to as hash algorithms (vaccines) so that the computers anti-virus program, or immune system can detect it and prevent it from infecting the rest of the network. Since it is claimed they don't have a vaccine for it, it means they don't know or fully understand how the virus works. So they can't assume the virus will run its course, because they don't know if this virus will mutate into something else. In other words, it might change its signature making the vaccines ineffective, much like polymorphic malware that is engineered to hide its signature from antivirus programs, making it harder to detect.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I always like to use procedures done in Information Technology as an analogy whenever appropriate. One a computer is infected with malicious software, you quarantine it to prevent it from spreading to the rest of the network, or population. Once its contained, you can study it and develop a fingerprint for it, also referred to as hash algorithms (vaccines) so that the computers anti-virus program, or immune system can detect it and prevent it from infecting the rest of the network. Since it is claimed they don't have a vaccine for it, it means they don't know or fully understand how the virus works. So they can't assume the virus will run its course, because they don't know if this virus will mutate into something else. In other words, it might change its signature making the vaccines ineffective, much like polymorphic malware that is engineered to hide its signature from antivirus programs, making it harder to detect.

So now we are buying time for a vaccine.

Studies in China suggest coronavirus can persist at least 2 weeks after a patient recovers. At least one confirmed case has happened where someone caught it a second time. So it would seem mutation is a danger.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't disagree, I'm only saying you should put action to your words -- and let us know how it works out ...

Things are always easier said than done.
Bobby Jo
I have. We used to use cloth diapers. That's far more labor intensive and messy than simply using alternative toilet paper.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... We used to use cloth diapers. ...

Great. So use "cloth diapers" for a week and let us know how it works out. -- Are they better than a roll of toilet paper as you assert?

I keep asking the question, but not getting an answer ...
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now we are buying time for a vaccine.

Studies in China suggest coronavirus can persist at least 2 weeks after a patient recovers. At least one confirmed case has happened where someone caught it a second time. So it would seem mutation is a danger.

That certainly might be the case then. They probably have evidence of it behaving more like malware with a polymorphic engine, masking and changing its signature to avoid detection.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great. So use "cloth diapers" for a week and let us know how it works out. -- Are they better than a roll of toilet paper as you assert?

I keep asking the question, but not getting an answer ...
Bobby Jo
They were cheaper than disposable diapers, that's what was important. "Better" is kind of in the eyes of the beholder.
I already told you, I've used other stuff when I needed to.
A lot of what we think of as necessities are really conveniences.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I already told you, I've used other stuff when I needed to. ...

Please refresh your recollections of your previous experiences, and then report back whether you'd rather have toilet paper or not. -- It it too much to ask you to validate you assertion? And if so, then I would presume that you'd prefer toilet paper, and not so other method.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

One might wonder why the "fixation" on toilet paper. Certainly, as @Renniks observed, it's not an absolute necessity, but really it is, -- if we're to go through troubling times, why make things more difficult?

Of course the requirement heirarchy is ~ Water, Shelter, Food, Fuel, Medicine, and Convenience. And convenience includes toilet paper. As such it might be wise to provision a "lifeboat" with everything you might need and/or want, so that you won't be distracted from other challenges which might arise.

My personal "saying" is: I'm not smart, I'm lazy. -- So instead of worrying about candles starting a house fire, I installed a propane gas-light. It produces approx. 60 watts which is enough to read by. And the cook range is also propane. And I have a 500 gal propane tank, instead of those little 5-gal cylinders.

And because there are a half dozen girls in the family, I have PLENTY of toilet paper.

Not because I'm smart, but because I'm lazy.
Bobby Jo

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Bodettes are also in high demand I hear.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Remember, FIRST THINGS FIRST.

But few are smart enough to be lazy enough to PREPARE. People think that LAZY means putting things off until it's too late, when it actually means doing what you can BEFORE YOU NEED IT, so you're not distracted WHEN YOU NEED IT.

So there's a difference between LAZY and STUPID! :)
Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are good for the environment too since the amount of wood used to produce all that toilet paper is a strain on the forests. I saw an article this week about them. Some top end models are wildly expensive, but there are some reasonably priced ones too. I'd have to call a plumber to install one since I lack the expertise needed to connect it to the water pipes that go to the bathroom sink. Over time, I think it might save money.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I share your concern Iforrest.

The corona virus is going to be with us until we build immunity and develop a vaccine - it is like a common cold with a possibility of killing you.

I am not sure why we have decided that tanking our economy is going to help

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please refresh your recollections of your previous experiences, and then report back whether you'd rather have toilet paper or not. -- It it too much to ask you to validate you assertion? And if so, then I would presume that you'd prefer toilet paper, and not so other method.

Bobby Jo
I never said it was better without it, I said it was not necessary.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

One might wonder why the "fixation" on toilet paper. Certainly, as @Renniks observed, it's not an absolute necessity, but really it is, -- if we're to go through troubling times, why make things more difficult?

Of course the requirement heirarchy is ~ Water, Shelter, Food, Fuel, Medicine, and Convenience. And convenience includes toilet paper. As such it might be wise to provision a "lifeboat" with everything you might need and/or want, so that you won't be distracted from other challenges which might arise.

My personal "saying" is: I'm not smart, I'm lazy. -- So instead of worrying about candles starting a house fire, I installed a propane gas-light. It produces approx. 60 watts which is enough to read by. And the cook range is also propane. And I have a 500 gal propane tank, instead of those little 5-gal cylinders.

And because there are a half dozen girls in the family, I have PLENTY of toilet paper.

Not because I'm smart, but because I'm lazy.
Bobby Jo
Wood cook stove here. I'm cheaper than I am lazy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wood cook stove here. I'm cheaper than I am lazy

SMART, -- and HUMOROUS!!! At least you're working toward that day which is fast approaching. So PLEASE let me encourage you to KEEP GOING. In my best understanding of Scripture, we have between a year and a year and a half (some transition) where people will be begin accepting the Electronic Cashless Society (mark of the beast) and when "enrollment" will be closed and those who refuse the mark will be unable to buy or sell.

And shortly there after, somewhere approaching mid-Fall of 2021, we should expect global thermonuclear war. And some 300 rolls of 4x toilet paper might be a welcome "convenience", where a buck a roll = $300, it's CHEAP! But be sure to look at "Augason Farms". W/M sells it on-line and also sells Keystone canned meats which are the BEST, -- with FREE DELIVERY. And DON'T RISK FOOD FATIGUE. Buy LOTS of variety. :)

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Keeper

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SMART, -- and HUMOROUS!!! At least you're working toward that day which is fast approaching. So PLEASE let me encourage you to KEEP GOING. In my best understanding of Scripture, we have between a year and a year and a half (some transition) where people will be begin accepting the Electronic Cashless Society (mark of the beast) and when "enrollment" will be closed and those who refuse the mark will be unable to buy or sell.

And shortly there after, somewhere approaching mid-Fall of 2021, we should expect global thermonuclear war. And some 300 rolls of 4x toilet paper might be a welcome "convenience", where a buck a roll = $300, it's CHEAP! But be sure to look at "Augason Farms". W/M sells it on-line and also sells Keystone canned meats which are the BEST, -- with FREE DELIVERY. And DON'T RISK FOOD FATIGUE. Buy LOTS of variety. :)

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo
I've pretty much always lived this way. I can kill my own food, make my own clothes, heat with wood, and probably could put in a hand pump in short order. I'm not worried about survival.
But I'm very sceptical about your predictions.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've pretty much always lived this way. I can kill my own food, make my own clothes, heat with wood, and probably could put in a hand pump in short order. I'm not worried about survival.
But I'm very sceptical about your predictions.

You SHOULD be skeptical of ANY assertions. And that's why you should ask how to find prophetic insights IN SCRIPTURE by yourself. -- DON'T TRUST ANYONE. People LIE. ALWAYS find out for yourself, but start by asking the basics which you can then pursue to your own satisfaction!

So presuming you're interested in either proving or disproving any assertion, let me propose the concept presented by J.R. Church, of the TV Program "Prophecy In The News" (now deceased), as taken from audience viewers who wrote to his program. His research assistant, Patricia Berry, fielded these letters and J.R. Church wrote the book "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms" from that research. And the premise is so simple, -- the Psalms is the 19th Book of the Bible, and is prophetic for the 1900, -- Chapter for year --, such that Book 19, Chapter 48 = 1948 International Recognition of the State of Israel. -- And don't just read Chapter 48, also read 47 & 49 for context.

And if you want to read about the Holocaust, read Book 19, Chapter 44 = 1944. Desert Storm, -- Book 19, Chapter 91 = 1991. And the more you know about modern Jewish history, the more the Chapters and respective verses align.

So take a look, and if you see what should be apparent (and the 1967 Six Day War won't stand out from those Chapters because of the persistent Palestinian attacks) then we can proceed toward 2021. -- Fair enough?

Bobby Jo

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sounds good.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You SHOULD be skeptical of ANY assertions. And that's why you should ask how to find prophetic insights IN SCRIPTURE by yourself. -- DON'T TRUST ANYONE. People LIE. ALWAYS find out for yourself, but start by asking the basics which you can then pursue to your own satisfaction!

So presuming you're interested in either proving or disproving any assertion, let me propose the concept presented by J.R. Church, of the TV Program "Prophecy In The News" (now deceased), as taken from audience viewers who wrote to his program. His research assistant, Patricia Berry, fielded these letters and J.R. Church wrote the book "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms" from that research. And the premise is so simple, -- the Psalms is the 19th Book of the Bible, and is prophetic for the 1900, -- Chapter for year --, such that Book 19, Chapter 48 = 1948 International Recognition of the State of Israel. -- And don't just read Chapter 48, also read 47 & 49 for context.

And if you want to read about the Holocaust, read Book 19, Chapter 44 = 1944. Desert Storm, -- Book 19, Chapter 91 = 1991. And the more you know about modern Jewish history, the more the Chapters and respective verses align.

So take a look, and if you see what should be apparent (and the 1967 Six Day War won't stand out from those Chapters because of the persistent Palestinian attacks) then we can proceed toward 2021. -- Fair enough?

Bobby Jo
Oh, that nonsense. Nevermind. Skeptical doesn't even begin to cover it.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, that nonsense. Nevermind. Skeptical doesn't even begin to cover it.

GOOD CHOICE. -- Ignorance is always the BEST OPTION:

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge ...

Need more sand ...
Bobby Jo