How can any of you stand it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yeah that's great except he didn't have to deal with months of supernatural death threats and a non stop barking dog when trying to work

So again, I need either God to just take my soul or give me a job/money and to not speed up time. And before anyone says who are you to make demands of God, I didn't ask to be put through all that supernatural stuff. I was perfectly happy and certainly did not go around "pouring your acid on God for all to see"

Alright, a question. If God wants someone to stop smoking, is the way to do it non stop noise for years and supernatural death threats etc or is there a better way to do it?
If you put God's blessings first every day and praise Him regardless of your problems it will improve your quality of life.

What a friend we have in Jesus.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you put God's blessings first every day and praise Him regardless of your problems it will improve your quality of life.

What a friend we have in Jesus.
Why should anyone praise God for putting them through months of supernatural death threats and speeding up time???

Also I want to quit vaping and have any desire for nicotine removed. It would be easier if I wasn't a nervous wreck and the days weren't flying by

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say you said anything.

And yes I do want a lot of money. It's certainly preferable to having Satan unleashed upon me. You get more bees with honey not acid.

Really, putting someone through months of supernatural death threats etc does not make them love God. Quite the opposite in fact.

Simply put, since I can't go back to a time before the supernatural stuff, God should really either heal me to the point that I forget all about it or just take my soul. Because really if he hadn't done that I wouldn't be here and instead I would be a lot better off
Are you asking for prayer? Many here will join me in my prayers for your healing. Our heavenly Father is both gracious and generous. It might be the first step in your journey out of the darkness. Just ask. It costs you nothing.

Reactions: Nancy

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you asking for prayer? Many here will join me in my prayers for your healing. Our heavenly Father is both gracious and generous. It might be the first step in your journey out of the darkness. Just ask. It costs you nothing.

You can if you want but really the reason I am in this position is because of all the stuff God put me through. I was perfectly fine before that. Now if that offends anyone to the point where they make ridiculous accusations of me pouring acid on God, oh well

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dear God please let us out of this pathetic limited circle of life. Have we not suffered enough? Kthxbye

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I vaped for awhile after stopping cigarettes. I got off of that, but how I did it was decreased the percentage of nicotine I used in the e juices. I understand completely. It took me quite a while. I used to get so mad, thinking I just couldn't do it, and God and I worked out that plan--took a long time. I quit beating myself up over not being able to pray it away--it didn't work for me. The plan did for me . If you cant get there now, you cant get there now. God knows what you think and do. These guys don't. Further, there are people on this board who smoke.
I am sorry you are met with such misunderstanding about mental health. I'd bet if these guys had heart problems or cancer, they would seek a physician, and not rely on prayer alone. God gave man , and continues to give, him wisdom and medical knowledge
2023 and many folk still don't realize that mental issues can be brought about by physical problems--

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I vaped for awhile after stopping cigarettes. I got off of that, but how I did it was decreased the percentage of nicotine I used in the e juices. I understand completely. It took me quite a while. I used to get so mad, thinking I just couldn't do it, and God and I worked out that plan--took a long time. I quit beating myself up over not being able to pray it away--it didn't work for me. The plan did for me . If you cant get there now, you cant get there now. God knows what you think and do. These guys don't. Further, there are people on this board who smoke.
I am sorry you are met with such misunderstanding about mental health. I'd bet if these guys had heart problems or cancer, they would seek a physician, and not rely on prayer alone. God gave man , and continues to give, him wisdom and medical knowledge
2023 and many folk still don't realize that mental issues can be brought about by physical problems--
Yeah that's what I don't understand. Why did I get yelled at for smoking despite having to deal with non stop barking and supernatural stuff while nothing happens to other Christians who smoke

Anyway that is no longer the issue. I'm tired of smoking/vaping and would have quit a lot earlier if not for the death threats (shame on you God for allowing them)

What I really want is to leave this planet. In the meantime the toenail cutters want to have an argument with me and I hate losing to them

Edit: I wonder what God/Jesus would do day in day out if they were stuck in the middle of nowhere like I am. Probably go insane like I have

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah that's what I don't understand. Why did I get yelled at for smoking despite having to deal with non stop barking and supernatural stuff while nothing happens to other Christians who smoke
I don't think it's bothering them because if it were they could use the methods they tell you to use and get rid of the habit, right? Anyway, they should be able to. And if that doesn't work, ?????????

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think it's bothering them because if it were they could use the methods they tell you to use and get rid of the habit, right? Anyway, they should be able to. And if that doesn't work, ?????????
Well I got messages like "anybody who smokes is an enemy of God" and "punching Jesus in the face".

You can ask the Holy Spirit to confirm this. It's out of order on their part really because I have read numerous stories from other Christians who smoke and nothing like that happened to any of them

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can if you want but really the reason I am in this position is because of all the stuff God put me through. I was perfectly fine before that. Now if that offends anyone to the point where they make ridiculous accusations of me pouring acid on God, oh well
It isn't a matter of what I want. What do YOU want? You said you want God to heal you. He is waiting for you to ask HIM.

Edit: You asked us, "How can you stand it." We have been answering the question. Were you too cynical to hear us?

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It isn't a matter of what I want. What do YOU want? You said you want God to heal you. He is waiting for you to ask HIM.

Edit: You asked us, "How can you stand it." We have been answering the question. Were you too cynical to hear us?
And lets not forget we all have a free will to choose to obey God or self gratifying things that are destructive. We are slaves of Christ or slaves of sin, the world, flesh and the devil. Choose this day whom you will serve.

If young children can be raised to obey their parents then adults can obey God and have no excuses. Sometimes we overcomplicate things when they simply boil down to making good and healthy choices.

Last edited:

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

That doesn't make any sense. I was perfectly fine before the supernatural stuff. Why don't you ask yourself why God would decide to engage in the irrational action of hurting someone so they would ask him to heal them.

In any case I have asked. Numerous times. Nothing.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And lets not forget we all have a free will to choose to obey God or self gratifying things that are destructive. We are slaves of Christ or slaves of sin, the world, flesh and the devil. Choose this day whom you will serve.

If young children can be raised to obey their parents them adults can obey God. Sometimes we overcomplicate things when they simply boil down to making good and healthy choices.
I choose to continue to request that humanity be shown compassion and set free from this pathetic limited circle of life. Why should any of us care about God Vs the devil? Get rid of the devil already and stop having us suffer and die

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I choose to continue to request that humanity be shown compassion and set free from this pathetic limited circle of life. Why should any of us care about God Vs the devil? Get rid of the devil already and stop having us suffer and die
This is the reality we live in on this earth in the here and the now. Until the new heavens and the new earth this will be our reality, the life the way it is now . Gods given believers His spirit in them so they can endure under trials and tribulations.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I got messages like "anybody who smokes is an enemy of God" and "punching Jesus in the face".

You can ask the Holy Spirit to confirm this. It's out of order on their part really because I have read numerous stories from other Christians who smoke and nothing like that happened to any of them
I smoke. The more stressed I become, the more I think about quitting, the more I want to smoke. the desire becoming as strong as the hunger to eat. I’ve told my doctor this when they ask if I have considered quitting. Of course, every day. I have asthma and have to breathe a steroid daily. But as much as I feel hungry for air, I feel the same hunger for that cigarette which only makes the breathing worse. I’ve begged God to give me the will to put it down. I’ll buy one pack at a time instead of a carton saying this might be the last pack. Then I submit and buy a whole carton.

• Sad

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't make any sense. I was perfectly fine before the supernatural stuff. Why don't you ask yourself why God would decide to engage in the irrational action of hurting someone so they would ask him to heal them.

In any case I have asked. Numerous times. Nothing.
I already know the answer.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I smoke. The more stressed I become, the more I think about quitting, the more I want to smoke. the desire becoming as strong as the hunger to eat. I’ve told my doctor this when they ask if I have considered quitting. Of course, every day. I have asthma and have to breathe a steroid daily. But as much as I feel hungry for air, I feel the same hunger for that cigarette which only makes the breathing worse. I’ve begged God to give me the will to put it down. I’ll buy one pack at a time instead of a carton saying this might be the last pack. Then I submit and buy a whole carton.
Ask yourself this question.

Where is the victory in Jesus ?

If there is no victory over sin whats the point ?

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Apache,

I took the time to read through ALL of your posts, to get a better feel about your situation.

You seem to be under the impression that the moment you self-baptized, that you would be "rewarded", simply because you took care of a non-stop barking dog for years before that...that suddenly, all your cravings for smoking would vanish...that you'd find love, because it would simply materialize in front of you...that your bank account would be stocked with cash...that your 'youth' (at 41/42) would be restored, and that time would slow down rather than appear to speed up.

But instead of getting what you think you 'deserved', you were spiritually 'attacked' by satan.

Through your posts, the attacks have stopped, the dog is no longer an issue and you quit smoking. But instead of being grateful for God's intervention on these matters, you're still bitter that these things happened to *you* in the first place...and to no other Christian...and that you didn't get EVERYTHING you wanted immediately.

First of all, there are over 2 billion Christians on this planet, and I seriously doubt you know ALL of their stories, as not all of them are posted on the internet. Also, *I* have read some Christian 'tales of woe' and while I can certainly empathize with yours, it's by far, NOT the worst I've read.

Secondly, when I rejoined the Christian faith, my mom was thrilled. But she issued a warning: "Mink, satan WILL come after you."

She was right. I could have very easily slipped into the same kind of thinking you have. "Yo, God! Didn't I rejoin the Christian faith? What's with the dead mother, and the homelessness...and losing all of my/my mom's possessions? And car? And my laptop being stolen? And no money? I did that for YOU. What are YOU gonna do for me? Don't I deserve more? Better?" :IDK:

But, I didn't. Because of my mom's wise words, I was prepared. Did I ever want to give up? Yup. Did I ever curse God? Ha, ha, MORE than once! Did I ever question God's motives? Tell Him He 'didn't really love me'? A bunch of times....

...that is, before I got it through my thick hubris-filled head that God doesn't "owe" me SQUAT, just because I'm a Christian, or just because I did something 'nice' for someone.

Enough rambling. Now I'm going to make some suggestions, which I hope you'll at least consider.

1. Forget about being "self-baptized". GET baptized, if you haven't already done so. If JESUS was baptized, and it's good enough for Jesus, it' good enough for US.
2. Throughout your posting history, you never mentioned if you attend a church. If you don't, Do it. Regularly.
3. You DID mention that you're reading the Bible. Kudo's to you in that regard! :vgood: If you don't already do so, try to read it daily, even if it's only a verse or two.

4. Join a Bible study group. Even if it's online, it's better than nothing. ASK questions. Be open to thinking about things in a different way. Not saying you have to agree with everything that everyone says, but at least be open to possibilities.

5. Lastly, PRAY. Like I mentioned above, I read ALL of your posts, and I have read your 'prayers'. Umm...Do you know that there's actually a 'formula' for prayer? If you read the Bible, you'll see clearly that the way some of the people prayed followed a similar 'pattern'. And part of that pattern is to THANK God for what he's already given us. It doesn't take long, and you don't have to thank Him for EVERY little thing, all at once. But gratitude goes a LONG way in our Redeemer's heart.

You'd be surprised how much your life can change, but for gratitude.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mink, kindly refrain from victim blaming, whether me or anyone else

The simple fact is that there is no point in anyone becoming a Christian if all that will happen is they get attacked by Satan (actually this started happening before I self baptised) and other Christians are perfectly fine with it. Well I am not. Nobody should be attacked by Satan whether Christian or not. Screw him and let us out.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask yourself this question.

Where is the victory in Jesus ?

If there is no victory over sin whats the point ?
Is God more concerned with the condition of my heart or with my smoking? I already have resolved the answer to this, but what do you think? Not to justify it because I’m not stupid and know I would be way more healthy if I quit. I also would be more healthy if I avoided processed foods like fast food. And ate fresh. And I would be more healthy if I walked more, and exercised more. Coming from the message of it is all about Christ and saved by Grace don’t assume there has been no victory in Jesus based off the smoking. Isn’t that based of works of the flesh?

I have a question for you. I went to a Christian convention. Thinking how in the world am I going to make it four days at the beach with buses full of church members while craving a cigarette. I did smoke. Did I feel ashamed or judged..absolutely. This is the question for you though …every one at the convention held up their coffees (Starbucks) on stage, talking about getting their fuel to be ready to worship …selling it in lines at the convention. Coffee is a stimulant also. don’t think I’m judging coffee because I drink it too. But I’m asking if you see any contradiction in holding up coffee as A-ok while smoking means there has been no victory in Jesus. To me…the Victory in Jesus is there is no more condemnation in Him. Who decides to overlook coffee but condemn the smoker? Just curious…