How Christianity was the catalyst of the Holocaust:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulja boy

Aug 10, 2009
Re-enactment of the Last Supper as Jesus commanded us to perform.
No he didn't. There are two greek words for 'do this'. One means "keep on doing this" and one means "do this once". The greek word here means "do this once".Apart from the fact that he didn't say it had to be done by a priest dressed up in woman's clothes and that there was something magical about the bread and wine so only a priest counld do it. The so called mystical aspect was introduced to give the priest more authority and control over the people.

soulja boy

Aug 10, 2009
Just as Jesus commanded the people to obey the Pharisees even though He called them hypocrites and a brood of vipers telling the people to do as they say but not as they do.
Now I understand why the rc church has no problem with priests molesting boys.

soulja boy

Aug 10, 2009
The Pope -- the leader of the Church, the successor to Peter who lead the early Church. As the Church grew in number, Cardinals were required to help the Pope in his task. Just because a state law allows for the election of a Sheriff and the appointment of deputies, does not mean that the Sheriff can not organize the deputies into different ranks and have Captains, Commanders, etc.
Since when did God make the pope the leader of the church. The scripture makes it quite clear that Jesus is the head of the church and it is his church, not ours. The pope is nothing more that the top dog of the rc church and speaks for no one outside of it. In Ephesians 4:11 Jesus gave apostles, prophets, evangelists, shepherds and teachers. There is no mention of popes, cardinals and all the other fancy names that you have invented.In additon, there are 17 verses that talk of the leadership of the church by Elders, not popes and cardinals.

soulja boy

Aug 10, 2009
Fulfilling the commandment that Jesus gave to His Apostles to go out and FORGIVE sins. Since He also instructed them that they could either forgive the sin or not forgive the sin and since He did not give them the power to read minds, the confessing of the sins is a logical requirement.
More eisegesis by the look of things. No where does it say that you had to go into a confessional box and confess them to a priest. In fact it says we are to confess our sins one to another (James), not to a priest.Once again it is an imposition of the rc church to control people.

soulja boy

Aug 10, 2009
When Catholics pray the rosary, they recite the words, as recorded in Luke 1:28, spoken by God and delivered to us by the angel Gabriel (who is a messenger of God).
And where in scripture does it tell you to do that?

soulja boy

Aug 10, 2009
Why would you abandon it, because it is a false teaching that did not exist anywhere in Christianity prior to the reformation.
If that is what you believe, I am glad I have a different God to yours. I would like you to show me in scripture where it says salvation by grace is a false teaching.

soulja boy

Aug 10, 2009
A "bulwark" is used to defend/protect. The bible calls the "Church" the PROTECTOR of the truth / the DEFENDER of the truth.
And the church in the NT were people, not an institution.

soulja boy

Aug 10, 2009
You are clearly ignorant of both scripture & history and it is not my job to educate you. Nor am I going to waste my time correcting the rest of your misinformation. __________________" ... Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have; but do this with gentleness and respect ... " -- 1 Peter 3:15
If that is the case, I think you should remove the verse at the end of your posts as obviously you are not always preapred to give an answer, especially when someone challenges you unscriptual falsifications.

soulja boy

Aug 10, 2009
The Inquisition was conducted by the Spanish Crown. It was official condemned by Rome and may priests and bishops lost their lives trying to oppose it.
"The Medieval Inquisition is a series of Inquisitions (Roman Catholic Church bodies charged with suppressing heresy) from around 1184, including the Episcopal Inquisition (1184-1230s) and later the Papal Inquisition (1230s). It was in response to large popular movements throughout Europe considered apostate or heretical to Christianity, in particular Catharism and Waldensians in southern France and northern Italy. These were the first inquisition movements of many that would follow."In denial are we?

Sir Knight

Jan 3, 2008
soulja boy;74525]If that is the case said:
That doesn't mean to address every misrepresentation that everyone can dream up.
soulja boy;74524]And the church in the NT were people said:
The Church in the NT had a clear & visible Hierarchical structure. The leaders were appointed by the Apostles. No leader ever took that leadership role upon himself. The NT also makes it very clear that we are to obey those Church leaders.

Sir Knight

Jan 3, 2008
soulja boy;74520]More eisegesis by the look of things. No where does it say that you had to go into a confessional box and confess them to a priest. In fact it says we are to confess our sins one to another (James) said:
Jesus instructed the Apostles and their successors to go out and forgive sins. He also told them that they could retain (not forgive) sins. How are they suppose to know whether to forgive or retain a sin if a person doesn't confess the sin? Let's use a little bit of logic, shall we?

Sir Knight

Jan 3, 2008
soulja boy;74519]Since when did God make the pope the leader of the church. The scripture makes it quite clear that Jesus is the head of the church and it is his church said:
When? When Jesus told Peter to feed His sheep, tend His lambs, etc. Jesus turned over His flock (including the Apostles -- thus the separation between lamb and sheep) for Peter to shepard. Peter's successor continued in this job that was given to Peter by the Son of God. Over time, this position became known as the Pope.
soulja boy;74519]In Ephesians 4:11 Jesus gave apostles said:
And the Apostles gave us Bishops. If they didn't have the authority to do so, then you might as well throw out all of the NT since it was written by the Apostles and their successors. Popes and Cardinals ARE Bishops!
soulja boy;74519]In additon said:
Bishops oversee Church Elders. Popes and Cardinals ARE Bishops.

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
[quote name='soulja boy;74502]As I said' date=' I read every word of your post. Your church teaches humility do they. And what's humble about catholics having to kneel before the pope and cardinals and kiss their hand or feet?Jesus said if you want to be great you have to be a servant. A servant doesn't have his hand or feet kissed. He waits on other people's needs. I have never seen a pope do that. Most of the time everyone waits on his needs.[/QUOTE'] A servant doesn't have his hand or feet kissed, and you ask why Catholics kiss the Pope's hands?????? Didn't you know that Jesus washed the feet of His disciples. That was the example He set. So, when we kiss the Pope's hands or feet, we were being humble. And for your information, the Pope washes the feet of the other priests during Holy Thursday. So, on Holy Thursday, the Pope became humbled when he washed the feet of the other priests.

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Diana;74372]My Christian brother said:
That would be the sin of the individuel. And it would come about if they had a catholic like view of what it means to be a Saint. And that view of sainthood (One who has achieved rightiousness through their own striving for rightiousness in thoughts and works) is what is false. But for a true Christian the term Saint is not a cause for self pride and it never will be. Only a person with a false catholic view of the word would suffer from pride.
Haven't you notice that in all the scriptures, none of the Apostles, including Jesus ever boasted and said, "I am a saint." They either equate or humble themselves before others, even in their own writings, but they never put themselves above anyone. When using the word "saint," St. Paul wrote the words "we" or "our." He never said "I." It is the same with our priests and nuns. My priest would always say "We are called to be saints" or "You are called to be a saint" but he never said "I." Also, Mother Theresa never said that she was a saint. She had always said that she was a sinner. It is always OTHER people calling her "a saint" or "the saint of the gutters."
theresa was a sinner and i doubt she was a Saint, Who knows she may have come to believe Jesus on her deathbed but as far as in know she died as a catholic.As for the saints read what Paul said:Romans 827 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. Here Paul sates that the Spirit makes intercession for the Saints. Now if we go by the false catholic view of Sainthood (that only a small minority of super religious people are Saints) then The Holy Spirit would only interced for a small percentage of Christians. No... The Holy Spirit makes intercession for all who believe Jesus and all who Believe Jesus are Saints.Again Paul states:1 Corinthians 1433 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.So they are Churches of the Saints. Not churches of some Saints but mostly Not-Saints. They are all SaintsAll Praise The Ancient Of Days

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Sir Knight;74395][URL=http://www.christianityboard.com/member.php?u=2808]Adstar[/URL] said:
The original books of the Bible all existed before the catholic church was created by Constantine. There was no way that Constantine or his allies could have kept out inspired scriptures because it would have given warning to all that he and his movement where the enemy of Christ. No.. Deception that works comes in slowly over the generations building little lies upon little lies and adding lies to undermine the true Gospel that saves. Indeed the catholic church did add more books to their bible later as they sought to add lies into the scripture. These book are known as the Deuterocanonical books or the Apocrypha, They where not accepted as inspired in the original Bible but where added later to add lies to the scripture. Only at the Council of Trent in 1546 did the Roman Catholic church declare the apocryphal books sacred. They asserted that the apocryphal books together with unwritten tradition are of God and are to be received and venerated as the Word of God. This was clearly in repose to the removal of the said books by the protestants. All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Sir Knight;74399]And by what authority do you make these claims?[/QUOTE]The Holy Spirit. [QUOTE]These "false teachings of men who have twisted the Word of God" were appointed by those who were untimately appointed by the Apostles themselves if you trace the line of succession. That is supported by history. What SUPPORTED claim can you make?[/QUOTE]History written by Whom? Supported by Whom? The catholic church in arms with the authorities of this world can make up any supposed line of succession they want. I do not trust in the historical records produced by the catholic church aided by the authorities of the time. Both where and are still corrupt.[QUOTE]So people that base their faith on the bible which the Catholic Church produced ARE Chirstians but the Church which produced that book isn said:
The Bible was not produced by the catholic church. The catholic church came into existence at the time of Constantine hundreds of years after the Gospel was produced by the True Saints of God.
Given the fact that the bible warns against the private interpretation of scripture' date=' who's interpretation should we follow if not of the Church that originally assembled the bible?[/QUOTE']The Holy Spirit. The true Scriptures where produced by men guided by the Holy Spirit and any doctrine that runs in rebellion against the true scriptures must be rejected along with the evil organization that brought them forward.
You mean the way that the Protestants did? The Reformers said that the Bible had one clear meaning. They also argued that it taught one clear doctrine - Protestantism. But as new Reformers emerged in the wake of Luther, it soon became evident that each Reformer had his own interpretation of what the Bible meant. For Luther, the Bible told him that the body and blood of Jesus were truly present in the Communion. For Zwingli the Bible said the exact opposite. For Bucer, the Bible approved infant Baptism, Menno Simons disagreed. Calvin believed the Bible taught we had no Free Will and we were predestined either to Heaven or Hell, others bitterly disagreed. Some Reformers believed all property should be held in common, others persecuted them for that belief.
I am not a calvanist and i am not a lutheran. I have stated already in this thread that i do not call myself a protestant. I see the events of the protestant rebellion as achieving one thing only and that was the liberation of the Gospels from the clutches of the catholic church and allowing the Word to be read by and to all men. That is what was important. In the OT God used the Persians to bring about destruction of Israel and lead the survivors bound in slavery to Babylon, now the Persians where not true Jews. God can and does use people who are not His followers to achieve His purpose.
The truth is that the Bible is an immense and complex book. There is an infinite number of doctrines that could be constructed based on its various verses. This has been the revelation of Protestantism. 25,000 different Protestant denominations have been recorded in the United States alone. Each one believes that their specific doctrines are based on the correct interpretation of the Bible.
:) But the Word of God is free and men are free to be convicted by the Holy Spirit Directly from the Word. True Seekers who are willing to forsake anything for the truth will be lead by the Holy Spirit unto salvation.
Really? Our future sins too? Would you be kind enough to explain Hebrews 10:26-27 ...
For if we go on sinning deliberately AFTER receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.
Lets read the Scriptures shall we:Hebrews 1026 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.It is not "for if we sin after we have received the knowledge of truth"..It is: For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth,What does willfully mean? It means that we sin with a spirit of wilful defiance to the Holy Spirits conviction. This is totally different from a sinner who sins because of the weakness of the flesh. As Paul confessed to doing.Romans 714 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. Paul was a sinner after becoming a Saint. But look at His will He agreed with the Law that it was good He hated the sin he committed. This is the right spirit of a true Christian. He was not a willfull sinner His will was against the sin He did. Now if Hebrews 10:26-27 conforms to your false catholic view of scripture then no one is saved because all are sinners. And if your going to dispute this let me add again a word from Paul.1 Timothy 115 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.
If they are all guided by the Holy Spirit, why is there disagreement on doctrine to the extent that they have splintered into THOUSANDS of different denominations?
That's it. They are not all guided by the Holy Spirit. I never said they where.
There is one Spirit, one Truth. Not 25,000+ truths. Do the math! If the Catholic Church isn't the true Church and it is one of the Protestant Churches, then only one of them can be correct and 24,999+ of them are wrong. Tell me, which is the Church that contains the correct teaching?And before you answer, remember that the NT descibres a Church that has a visible Hierarchical structure. Additionally, the bible also says that this Church would exist for all generations -- those two elements EXCLUDES EVERY Protestant Church!
The Body of Christ is visible and always has been. We do not need official titles backed by the power of the state and tax breaks. I am a part of the Body of Christ. I am here with the scriptures communicating with you today. Working as an evangelist and a watchman. I will stand by the truth that the Holy Spirit convicts me of. You can accept or reject what you will to do. You cannot claim that the catholic church is correct because there are many protestant organizations. The Word of God and the Holy Spirit establishes what is correct, not your use of arguments derived from the thinking of man.All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
soulja boy;74424]Adstar said:
And i might add why give up the Love of the truth to follow an organisation who was lead by a man who comitted this terrable act of spiritual harlotry. A man whom they want to pray to and proclaim a "catholic saint"???
popekiss.jpg
Former Pope John Paul kisses the quran in Damascus​
A man who bowed his head and kissed the quran, a book that denies the crucifixion and resurrection of the Messiah Jesus and teaches that such beliefs are blasphemy. What kind of man would kiss a book of an anti-christ?Probably the same kind as the men who abandoned their true King of Kings Jesus and bowed their heads down to kiss the feet of constantine.All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
Adstar;74552]That would be the sin of the individuel. And it would come about if they had a catholic like view of what it means to be a Saint. And that view of sainthood (One who has achieved rightiousness through their own striving for rightiousness in thoughts and works) is what is false. But for a true Christian the term Saint is not a cause for self pride and it never will be. Only a person with a false catholic view of the word would suffer from pride.[/QUOTE] Adstar said:
theresa was a sinner and i doubt she was a Saint, Who knows she may have come to believe Jesus on her deathbed but as far as in know she died as a catholic.
As I said in my previous post, Mother Theresa had always said that she was a sinner. And look what happened.....the people of India ended up calling her "a living saint" even when she was alive and the entire world called her "Angel of Mercy." :D The fact that she never bragged about being holy is what made her holy, but that is something you will never understand. :)Peace be with you, Diana

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
Adstar;74555]And i might add why give up the Love of the truth to follow an organisation who was lead by a man who comitted this terrable act of spiritual harlotry. A man whom they want to pray to and proclaim a "catholic saint"???[CENTER][IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/Adstar/popekiss.jpg[/IMG]Former Pope John Paul kisses the quran in Damascus[/CENTER]A man who bowed his head and kissed the quran said:
Oh...now look at that! Judgements, judgements, judgements! Didn't you learn from the Bible not to judge? Instead of judging, why didn't you ask the Pope why he kissed the Qur'an? Why judge? Below is an article of former Pope John Paul II stating his reasons why he kissed the Qu'ran. I included the weblink of the article so you can read the rest yourself.
Pope John Paul cited Kazakh poet and scholar Abay Qunanbay during his visit to Kazakhstan. Quoting in Kazakh, the pope said that “the human being finds love at the very bottom of his heart, and that is the Lord Almighty's deed.”The pope spoke to thousands of people at an open-air mass in the capital Astana. He spoke of the "logic of love" that could bring together the two faiths and said that religion should not be a reason for conflict. He was also the first pope to kiss the Koran. The event took place in the Vatican in 1999 during a visit by an Iraqi delegation.And John Paul was also the first pope to enter a mosque, the 1,300-year-old Umayyad mosque in the Syrian capital of Damascus in May 2001.Islamic clerics and scholars have recognized John Paul’s significant efforts in promoting dialogue between Islam and Christianity.Sheikh Fawzi Zafzaaf heads a university committee on inter-religious dialogue at Egypt's Al Azhar University, a prominent Sunni Islam school. Zafzaaf says that the pope was a force for change: “There is no doubt that the holy pope, since assuming the guardianship of the Vatican, has established [a policy of] openness toward the world," Zafzaaf says. "I think he is probably the first pope to visit several countries with the purpose of developing relations between the people of those countries and the Vatican. He grew close to other religions, and encouraged dialogue between Catholic Christianity and Islam.”
http://www.rferl.org/content/article/1058274.htmlSo, you see, my brother, the former Pope understands about the power of love. After all, through our dialogues with the Eastern Orthodox Churches, we have been able to bring back some of them into the Catholic Churches. When one shows love and respect to other religions, in time, we will win converts. After all, that was how we were able to convert two Japanese visitors to Guam. The Japanese are pagans who believe in Shintoism. When we invited them to our Church to perform a Japanese song and dance in front of our congregation, they saw the love and respect we had not only for them but also for each other. Two of the Japanese performers went to my priest and asked to be converted. And we didn't even have to go house to house like the Jehova Witnesses and Mormons, trying to convert people. So, you see my brother, Love is stronger than anything because God is love. When Japanese pagans see how loving and respectful we are toward each other and toward them, which religion do you think they will convert to? Love is even more powerful that death because God is love. Didn't you know that St. Paul was able to win the hearts of the pagan Gentiles in the same way? After all, St. Paul called the pagans of Athens "children of God." Peace be with you, Diana

Status
Not open for further replies.