How close is the Seven Year Tribulation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How close are we to the seven year tribulation?

• Total voters

Poppin

Jan 16, 2014
Zechariah 12
10And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

John 19
33But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
34But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
35And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
36For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
37And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

Zechariah 13
1In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.
2And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.

Zechariah 14
8And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

John 4
10Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

John 4
14But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 7
37In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Titus 3
4But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Hebrews 10
19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
21And having an high priest over the house of God;
22Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Luke 24
25Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Zechariah 12
10And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications
Spirit poured upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem:

Acts 2
1And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

veteran said:
I have gone through my whole Bible several times, in detail study, and I still don't claim to know it all like you're assuming you do. So why should I even begin to believe you're able to prove all the Book of Daniel has been fulfilled by that one 70 A.D. event?

I know you can post whole volumes, even writings of others about it, but what would that prove? Would that get you an ear that you seek here?

Your detailed study account isn't needed, at least not by me, because by The Holy Spirit I already know it would not match up to Scripture, because men's doctrines of Preterism is what you are espousing with the 70 A.D. idea, and it will not fit the plain sight of Bible Scripture. It is simply a theory of men and that's all. And we've already seen how men's philosophy can produce volumes upon volumes without actually saying anything worthwhile.

So maybe you will learn to not just throw out affirmations without backing it up like you've done here. But then again, I doubt it.
i am truly sorry. i meant no offense.
i don't say i know it all. i just said i had done a study all through Daniel.
i'm sorry, you are right, i am new and have been too presumptuous, and perhaps sounding dogmatic.
i should always remember to say "i believe".
thank you, veteran. please forgive any offense.
Poppin.
i don't know why when i reply to this topic it seems to be multi-quoting.
i wanted the last post to veteran to be separate. excuse me for confusion.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Poppin said:
Zechariah 12
10And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

John 19
33But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
34But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
35And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
36For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
37And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

Zechariah 13
1In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.
2And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.

Zechariah 14
8And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

John 4
10Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

John 4
14But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 7
37In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Titus 3
4But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Hebrews 10
19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
21And having an high priest over the house of God;
22Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Luke 24
25Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Zechariah 12
10And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications
Spirit poured upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem:

Acts 2
1And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

i am truly sorry. i meant no offense.
i don't say i know it all. i just said i had done a study all through Daniel.
i'm sorry, you are right, i am new and have been too presumptuous, and perhaps sounding dogmatic.
i should always remember to say "i believe".
thank you, veteran. please forgive any offense.
Poppin.

i don't know why when i reply to this topic it seems to be multi-quoting.
i wanted the last post to veteran to be separate. excuse me for confusion.
You haven't offended me, I have tough skin. But that Preterist doctrine of men offends me, for I 'know' it is from men and not from our Lord Jesus and His Word.

So where would you like to start about it? Speak to me as you would like a brother in the family.

Poppin

Jan 16, 2014
veteran said:
Your detailed study account isn't needed

So maybe you will learn to not just throw out affirmations without backing it up like you've done here. But then again, I doubt it.
but brother veteran, i was truly excited, and have really done a thorough study of Daniel. having done that is why i believe i can show the whole book was fulfilled. i did not say the whole book was about 70AD. just that the time of jacob's trouble is shown to be fulfilled.
how could i back up, or try to back up what i said, if the study isn't needed or wanted?

this part here "But then again, I doubt it." - is puzzling. a little hurtful.
but i will think about what you have said and pray about it. thank you veteran.
God bless you and keep you. I will take some time away.
Poppin

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Poppin said:
but brother veteran, i was truly excited, and have really done a thorough study of Daniel. having done that is why i believe i can show the whole book was fulfilled. i did not say the whole book was about 70AD. just that the time of jacob's trouble is shown to be fulfilled.
how could i back up, or try to back up what i said, if the study isn't needed or wanted?

this part here "But then again, I doubt it." - is puzzling. a little hurtful.
but i will think about what you have said and pray about it. thank you veteran.
God bless you and keep you. I will take some time away.
Poppin
Well then, I can prove beyond a doubt that the time of trouble has NOT... yet been fulfilled.

Dan 12:1-2
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
(KJV)

Those two verses cannot be separated for it's specifically linking the subject of the resurrection at the end of this present world within that event order.

Furthermore, Jerusalem has already seen many tribulations, but none of the scope that Dan.12:1 verse is pointing to. That event is hard-linked to Christ's Olivet Discourse subject of signs also, signs which did not happen in 70 A.D. Jerusalem.

Poppin

Jan 16, 2014
veteran said:
Well then, I can prove beyond a doubt that the time of trouble has NOT... yet been fulfilled.

1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
(KJV)

Those two verses cannot be separated for it's specifically linking the subject of the resurrection at the end of this present world within that event order.

Furthermore, Jerusalem has already seen many tribulations, but none of the scope that Dan.12:1 verse is pointing to. That event is hard-linked to Christ's Olivet Discourse subject of signs also, signs which did not happen in 70 A.D. Jerusalem.
But only the second portion of that verse refers to the resurrection on the last day: some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt. That has not happened yet. It is saying what their ultimate fate will be, based on whether or not they arose from their slumber and believed, or did not believe. It's not saying that is the resurrection.

Paul mentions the ONE future resurrection (either to life everlasting or condemnation) here:

Acts 24:15
having a hope in God, which these men themselves accept, that there will be a resurrection of both the just and the unjust.

But Daniel 12 is not saying that is or was the resurrection...just what the result of their awakening would be: belief and salvation or rejection and condemnation. After all, some believed and were saved, and many did not and died in their sins. at the resurrection their eternal destiny will be according to everlasting life or contempt. at the resurrection of the just and the unjust.

The first portion about them who slept in the dust of the earth awakening is about the children of israel who were in a stupor; who were not risen to new life; the Spirit had not yet been given and many just plain rejected Jesus anyway and were never born into the Kingdom of the Son. Israel was "asleep" to the coming One. they had hundreds of years without hearing from God at all..until John the baptist appeared.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake: this is figurative language about their spiritual condition. We read of it also in the vision of the valley of dry bones, which was their condition in Babylon - and God promised to bring them back to life...as He returned them to the land, in time for the Savior and the Spirit, the New Covenant promise. But not all believed.

John and Jesus preached the "time is at hand," - it was time for them to wake up and receive the Messiah. There was a division among the people because of Him, and many believed, and many did not. that is what this means:

Isaiah 60:1–3
Arise, shine; for thy light is come, And the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. 2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And gross darkness the people: But the Lord shall arise upon thee, And his glory shall be seen upon thee

Many were arising to their long delayed and in many cases forgotten hope, The Messiah.

Isaiah 9:2
2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: They that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

Matthew 4
Jesus Begins His Ministry
12Now when he heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew into Galilee. 13And leaving Nazareth he went and lived in Capernaum by the sea, in the territory of Zebulun and Naphtali, 14so that what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled:

15 “The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali,
the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles—
16 the people dwelling in darkness
have seen a great light,
and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death,
on them a light has dawned.”
17From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

We see here at the dedication of the Messiah as a babe at the Temple that Simeon said:

Luke 2:34–35
34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against; 35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts .

You see? The Stumbling Stone would call many to fall, and many to rise again. He was a sign that was spoken against, and the thoughts of many were made known by their response to the Messiah.

Isaiah says that because of their disobedience, in exile, God had:

Isaiah 29
9Be delayed and wait, Blind yourselves and be blind; They become drunk, but not with wine, They stagger, but not with strong drink. 10For the LORD has poured over you a spirit of deep sleep, He has shut your eyes, the prophets; And He has covered your heads, the seers

But with the coming of John and Jesus they were called to arise! Awaken! The Kingdom was at hand. but many rejected it. and will eventually suffer everlasting contempt. Would you agree so far?

Paul confirmed God in His wisdom had done this:

1 Corinthians 1:19
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Paul also uses figures of sleep

Romans 13:11–12
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour .

1 Corinthians 15:34
34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Ephesians 5:14
14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

1 Thessalonians 5:6
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

It was the response to the gospel that caused division and decided the destinies of those in Israel at that time, their time, the end of that age (these last days peter said):

John 3:36
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Peter and Paul warned the jewish people about the coming wrath (70AD) on that very generation, and to save themselves from it

Acts 2:40
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

The division between those who awoke from their slumber to receive the Good news and therefore their destinies would be everlasting life is all through the gospels, and is part of the vision that Daniel saw that made him so sick. He foresaw the tribulation and the division and the deaths of his many brothers.

Acts 28:25–29
25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers, 26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand;

We see the terrible divisions, trouble that would escalate into the war with Roma where a milion unbelievers perished. the jewish believers (later called christians heeded Christ's warning when the city was coming under seige and escaped, just as he warned them to.

Acts 13
43Now when the meeting of the synagogue had broken up, many of the Jews and of the God-fearing proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, were urging them to continue in the grace of God. 44The next Sabbath nearly the whole city assembled to hear the word of the Lord. 45But when the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and began contradicting the things spoken by Paul, and were blaspheming.

There was without a doubt horrible shame in that generation who rejected Jesus, for He was their Own Messiah. This is what daniel saw.
But there were the wise ones who awoke to the Christ and were not ashamed. they did not reject Him.

Daniel 12:3
3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

These were the disciples and apostles who turned many to righteousness, Jesus Christ. The Gosples confirm this prophecy of daniels:

Luke 21:15
15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

Acts 6:10
10 And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.

and so on. I have more i would like to share, but i do not want to engage in hostilities.
if you would like to talk to me brother veteran, i am willing. but we must be kind to each other.
Poppin

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Poppin said:
But only the second portion of that verse refers to the resurrection on the last day: some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt. That has not happened yet. It is saying what their ultimate fate will be, based on whether or not they arose from their slumber and believed, or did not believe. It's not saying that is the resurrection.
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time:
and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
(KJV)

Now, now, now, you cannot just go separating objects and subjects in order to insert unrelated issues.

What's that subject in blue about? It's about the Judgment, and deliverance through Christ's Salvation. Just so happens that is given there in CONTRAST to that "time of trouble", and time of great tribulation. Does that subject follow the same subject Christ Jesus gave in His Olivet Discourse of Matt.24 and Mark 13? YES! Absolutely!!! Do I now have to quote Scripture about that from Matt.24 and Mark 13 to you, because it picks those objects and that subject up by Christ Himself?

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Poppin said:
... i believe i can show the whole book was fulfilled. ...

Poppin
Hi Poppin,

I can certainly understand how a person could come away from this book with differing views. The scholars acknowledge the impossibility of so many prophecies, but the commentators apparently feel compelled to provide an answer, no matter how wrong it is. So a personal study is extremely important if one is to arrive to the TRUTH of this book, and I write you in this regard!

In this book we find riddles; puzzles; subtle nuances; "slang" (which is not the literal word); and number sequences, -- all of which need to be resolved. So the first thing one must weigh, is whether these prophecies are ancient, which would violate the angelic instructions found in 12:4 & 9.

-- Please be aware that many individuals parse words, typical of how in Daniel 1:21 where we are told that Daniel DIED (haiah, means "broken") in the first year of King Cyrus, but was somehow alive in the third year of Cyrus. So they parse how Daniel DID NOT die in the first year. However, I would argue that Daniel DID die in the first year, AND WAS ALIVE in the third year, exactly as Scripture outlines, and how a riddle asks what is black and white and red all over?!?

So I clearly belive that the prophecies are approximate to 1948, given 12:4 & 9. But again people parse words, so let's move to the next issue which cannot be parsed:

In Daniel 2, the commentators provide the following sequence: 1,2,3,4a,4b = FOUR. However 2:45 provides 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE. So how does history agree with this clue?

With Best Regards,
DaDad

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Poppin said:
The first portion about them who slept in the dust of the earth awakening is about the children of israel who were in a stupor; who were not risen to new life; the Spirit had not yet been given and many just plain rejected Jesus anyway and were never born into the Kingdom of the Son. Israel was "asleep" to the coming One. they had hundreds of years without hearing from God at all..until John the baptist appeared.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake: this is figurative language about their spiritual condition. We read of it also in the vision of the valley of dry bones, which was their condition in Babylon - and God promised to bring them back to life...as He returned them to the land, in time for the Savior and the Spirit, the New Covenant promise. But not all believed.
That's called a SPIRITUALIZATION away from the Biblical concept of the resurrection given there in Dan.12.

"some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt." - you cannot just cut this phrase off which is written with that subject about the future resurrection. Jesus made it plain enough in John 5:28-29 too.

Moreover, the Dan.12:1 phrase "And at that time..." is continuing the subject from the previous Dan.11 chapter about the false coming to Jerusalem and ending the daily sacrifice and placing the abomination that makes desolate. That's means those two subjects, the "vile person" of Dan.11 and this "time of trouble" and resurrection events are CHRONOLOGICAL, in order.

The rest of your post is just getting far away from the actual subject of the Daniel 12 Scripture, and the Book of Daniel itself. ANYONE can pull out a single verse in the rest of The Bible and 'spiritualize' it to force something else into the Scriptures that is not written. By your false spiritualization of Dan.12:2 in getting totally away from the Biblical concept of a LITERAL, PHYSICAL, RESURRECTION at the very end of this world when Jesus Christ returns, you have totally lost any credibility had in a such a debate.

Poppin

Jan 16, 2014
veteran said:
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time:
and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
(KJV)

Now, now, now, you cannot just go separating objects and subjects in order to insert unrelated issues.

What's that subject in blue about? It's about the Judgment, and deliverance through Christ's Salvation. Just so happens that is given there in CONTRAST to that "time of trouble", and time of great tribulation. Does that subject follow the same subject Christ Jesus gave in His Olivet Discourse of Matt.24 and Mark 13? YES! Absolutely!!! Do I now have to quote Scripture about that from Matt.24 and Mark 13 to you, because it picks those objects and that subject up by Christ Himself?
brother veteran, we must be kind to each other. i have no evil intent. it is better if we don't speak condescendingly to each other.

the subject is deliverance from the tribulation.
everyone in the book is everyone ordained to eternal life. just as i assume your hope is that your name is in that book.

the christians who heeded Christ's warnings were delivered from the destruction of 70AD because they listened. they escaped Jerusalem due to a God ordained cease in the siege. which we could talk about, if you like.

no, you don't have to quote any scriptures to me. we have different temperaments and i don't do well if i feel someone is being hostile to me. i am merely trying to share my beliefs, i am willing to be shown where i am wrong. i have studied this subject intensely for many years.

perhaps if we can be kind to each other in our tone we might continue this another day.
God Bless you
Poppin

DaDad said:
Hi Poppin,

I can certainly understand how a person could come away from this book with differing views. The scholars acknowledge the impossibility of so many prophecies, but the commentators apparently feel compelled to provide an answer, no matter how wrong it is. So a personal study is extremely important if one is to arrive to the TRUTH of this book, and I write you in this regard!

In this book we find riddles; puzzles; subtle nuances; "slang" (which is not the literal word); and number sequences, -- all of which need to be resolved. So the first thing one must weigh, is whether these prophecies are ancient, which would violate the angelic instructions found in 12:4 & 9.

-- Please be aware that many individuals parse words, typical of how in Daniel 1:21 where we are told that Daniel DIED (haiah, means "broken") in the first year of King Cyrus, but was somehow alive in the third year of Cyrus. So they parse how Daniel DID NOT die in the first year. However, I would argue that Daniel DID die in the first year, AND WAS ALIVE in the third year, exactly as Scripture outlines, and how a riddle asks what is black and white and red all over?!?

So I clearly belive that the prophecies are approximate to 1948, given 12:4 & 9. But again people parse words, so let's move to the next issue which cannot be parsed:

In Daniel 2, the commentators provide the following sequence: 1,2,3,4a,4b = FOUR. However 2:45 provides 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE. So how does history agree with this clue?

With Best Regards,
DaDad
hello DDad. i am going to church now, and perhaps later i could start a thread going through the Book of Daniel chapter by chapter.
I found many of the prophecies fulfilled in history; and fulfilled in scripture, internally confirmed by scripture. But i don't like to feel that i am involved in a fight when discussing God's word. it's better if we can be kind to each other.
have a blessed day and if it is not going to offend anyone, i would very much like to do that study of Daniel. when i finally sat down and gave it all my attention it wasn't as mysterious as i had thought. it's an amazing testimony to the awesome power and faithfulness of God.
though it is a lot of work. it took me a long time, but i have it note form, which can be followed by anyone with their Bible.

God bless and keep you,
Poppin.

veteran said:
That's called a SPIRITUALIZATION away from the Biblical concept of the resurrection given there in Dan.12.

"some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt." - you cannot just cut this phrase off which is written with that subject about the future resurrection. Jesus made it plain enough in John 5:28-29 too.

Moreover, the Dan.12:1 phrase "And at that time..." is continuing the subject from the previous Dan.11 chapter about the false coming to Jerusalem and ending the daily sacrifice and placing the abomination that makes desolate. That's means those two subjects, the "vile person" of Dan.11 and this "time of trouble" and resurrection events are CHRONOLOGICAL, in order.

The rest of your post is just getting far away from the actual subject of the Daniel 12 Scripture, and the Book of Daniel itself. ANYONE can pull out a single verse in the rest of The Bible and 'spiritualize' it to force something else into the Scriptures that is not written. By your false spiritualization of Dan.12:2 in getting totally away from the Biblical concept of a LITERAL, PHYSICAL, RESURRECTION at the very end of this world when Jesus Christ returns, you have totally lost any credibility had in a such a debate.
the rest of my post was to show you that there are many precedents in scripture for the idea of people being "asleep".
this is what is meant. if you read through them i was hoping you could follow the train of thought.
again, an example that the israelites understood:

Romans 13:11–12
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour .

Paul might have said something similar, like (my words):

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. We must be careful to take hold of so great a salvation, since we know that on that Day, some will be raised to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. Let us arise, and awake and cast off the works of darkness for our hope is the resurrection to everlasting life.

i must go for now.
Poppin

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Poppin said:
hello DDad. i am going to church now, and perhaps later i could start a thread going through the Book of Daniel chapter by chapter.
I found many of the prophecies fulfilled in history; and fulfilled in scripture, internally confirmed by scripture. But i don't like to feel that i am involved in a fight when discussing God's word. it's better if we can be kind to each other.
have a blessed day and if it is not going to offend anyone, i would very much like to do that study of Daniel. when i finally sat down and gave it all my attention it wasn't as mysterious as i had thought. it's an amazing testimony to the awesome power and faithfulness of God.
though it is a lot of work. it took me a long time, but i have it note form, which can be followed by anyone with their Bible.

God Bless you
Poppin
Hi Poppin,

Please feel at ease if, when, and how you would like to have a discussion. For me the Book of Daniel is more than Scripture, -- it's Scripture for an end-time peoples --, and because the end-times are going to be difficult with it's prognostications, I can't imagine what it will be without them.

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
IMO, the tribulation of "Jacob's Trouble" is not 7 years in duration, but 3.5 years.
I know there is much debate on this subject, this is just my opinion.
What I do believe, is that the events of the "day of Jehovah (Lord)" Rev.1:10,are of 7 years duration.
Floyd.

As regards to the question, how close are the events of Revelation etc., the safe answer is "nobody knows" , which is universally repeated.
However; we are exhorted to "watch", and there are a few distinct "signals" which may have relevance!
Israel has been declared a "State" Legally since 1948.
In the year 2018 she will reach her 70th anniversary!
It is speculated by some, that anniversary will be the inverse of the 70 years from the Lord's birth to the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple of the Jews!
However; although interesting, Matt. 24 is the best guide; which at the moment may correlate!
What is fairly certain is that the enemies of Israel will not let 2018 pass without some sort of dramatic worldwide show of sorts!
The "Arab Spring" is another strong sign, together recently with the events of the Crimea; as that may signal the identity of the "king of the north", as per. Ezekiel!
Floyd.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Floyd,

Floyd said:
As regards to the question, how close are the events of Revelation etc., the safe answer is "nobody knows" , which is universally repeated.
I agree that many people are unaware of the events of these days, but the church is SUPPOSED to know:

1 Thess 5:4
But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

And so those who can receive KNOW where we stand with respect to Ezekiel, Daniel, and Revelation. Would you also like to know?

With Best Regards,
DD

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Hello DaDad.
intriguing comment. I hope you are not a "Sandwich Board" end of the world character!
Thessalonians was written approx. AD52, and at that time the Jew was 1st priority, and the events of Christ's 2nd advent expected "soon".
That could have been de-facto, had Christ Jesus been accepted as Messiah.
As far as I am aware; there is away of knowing what you seem to be offering!?
The reason for that is that the events of the "seal releases" of Rev. are in the hands of the Father only, as regards timing; and Christ does not return until after that event!
However, if you feel you have Scriptural info in this regard, please post it for us to discuss.
Regards.
Floyd.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Floyd,

Floyd said:
I hope you are not a "Sandwich Board" end of the world character!...

However, if you feel you have Scriptural info in this regard, please post it for us to discuss.
I certainly wouldn't want to interfere with your slanderous dismissal of Bible Prophecy.

As such, please feel free to remain as you are.

With Best Regards,
DD

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
DaDad: yes I am free! But that is not by your permission, but by my Lord's!!
Floyd.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Floyd said:
DaDad: yes I am free! But that is not by your permission, but by my Lord's!!
Floyd.
Hi Floyd,

I believe the TRUTH sets you free. And right now I would propose that you do not have the TRUTH of what Scripture provides for the end times.

John 8
31 Jesus then said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”

Eph. 4:11
And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ; 14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the cunning of men, by their craftiness in deceitful wiles.

With Best Regards,
DD

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Dadad: you know, I had the same thoughts about you and Truth.!

However; as I said previously, please present, so that all may see the difference, and comment can be made by comparison!
Floyd.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Floyd said:
Dadad: you know, I had the same thoughts about you and Truth.!

However; as I said previously, please present, so that all may see the difference, and comment can be made by comparison!
Floyd.
Hi Floyd,

It's a easy thing to present and defend, but the question remains, -- are you open to new information? Otherwise it's a waste of both our time.

With Best Regards,
DD

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, DaDad and Floyd.

Please, gentlemen. What? Are we like 10 years old?

Much of Dani'el HAS been fulfilled in history ... but not all! It's an error to say that ANYTHING is fulfilled "spiritually." When God fulfilled the Scriptures in the life of His Son, Yeshua`, they were all fulfilled LITERALLY! And, it wasn't just a prophecy here or there; there were about 400 prophecies fulfilled in the life, death, and resurrection of Yeshua`!

So, when you cannot point to a literal fulfillment of a prophecy in history, whether recorded in the Bible or not, that prophecy has not yet been fulfilled.

Also, one cannot point to a PARTIAL fulfillment and say that the prophecy was TOTALLY fulfilled! That's as much an error as saying that none of the prophecies are already fulfilled or that all of the prophecies are already fulfilled!

We can point to the history books and see that there were four more kings of Persia before Alexander the Great conquered them. We can see from the history books how his empire was broken into four distinct kingdoms, and we can trace the "northern" (from Isra'el's perspective) kingdom of the Seleucid empire and the "southern" kingdom of the Ptolemaic empire and trace out their ping-pong match with the Land of Isra'el in the middle for several hundred years thereafter. All of this is covered in the eleventh chapter of Daniel. Much of the "abomination of desolation" material in that chapter was fulfilled by Antiochus IV Epiphanes. However, the chapter doesn't end with him! It goes on to describe the conquests of Rome through Caesar Augustus and his puppet-king of Isra'el, Herod the Great, an Idumean - that is, from the land of Edowm, a descendant of Esav (Esau).

Chapter divisions were introduced to Scriptures in the 13th century A.D.! Thus, they are neither inspired by God nor are they part of the original text.

So, the prophecies as related by Gavri'el to Dani'el continue into the twelfth chapter. Therefore, the first few verses of chapter 12 speak about the Roman domination of Isra'el through the first century A.D.

So, it is WRONG to see the "Antichrist" within the verses of Dani'el 8, 11, or 12.

However, it is also wrong to see all of the prophecies in Dani'el 2, 7, or 9 as being completely fulfilled! The dream of N'vuchadnetsar, the little horn speaking blasphemies against God's people, and the latter half of the seventieth Seven, are all yet for the future. They have NOT yet been fulfilled.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Retrobyter said:
Why use a "religious" greeting only to insult those who have better information than you?

Jesus had plenty to say about such as you.

DD