• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The flesh would in fact appear to be the physical body of the believer, as we look at Romans 8:12-13.

Listen.

You are always lost in secular carnal perspective.
Can you understand the BIBLE is not a book of the "natural".
The born again are not "in the Flesh", Spiritually.
The "Flesh" is crucified with Christ, when a person is BORN AGAIN= so, that is not your arms and legs, deceiver.

You need to THINK before you rant.
OK?
Try that.
It'll be something brand new for you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We are not...in "the" flesh...but we are dwelling in human bodies, which are made of human flesh.

For we have been born of the flesh.

Jhn 3:6, That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

And this does not cease to be the reality when we are born again of the Spirit.

We simply obtain a new nature.

The old nature is not eradicated from us.

We still have it along with the indwelling sin that is characteristic of the flesh.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
deceiver.
You have three fingers pointing back at you when you say this (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

For, you cannot prove me to be any kind of deceiver; while I can prove that you have deceived even yourself.

For in your doctrine you teach that believers do not have indwelling sin.

Therefore, in 1 John 1:8, we find the truth concerning you that you have deceived yourself and the truth is not in you.

1Jo 1:8, If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Heb 4:12, For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen.

You are always lost in secular carnal perspective.
Can you understand the BIBLE is not a book of the "natural".
The "Flesh" is crucified with Christ, when a person is BORN AGAIN= so, that is not your arms and legs, deceiver.

You need to THINK before you rant.
OK?
Try that.
It'll be something brand new for you.

Who's ranting?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here Paul states, "my flesh is me". He identified himself with his flesh in this statement.

That's exactly what he didn't do.

He corrects himself, well, actually he's not correcting, but he's combining phenomenal and technical speech. When he says, "that is, in my flesh", he's giving the appearance of correcting himself, but what he's really doing is giving more specific information, not readily apparent at the first glance, but very important none-the-less.

He says, "In me", because this is how we think of ourselves, this is the phenomenal part, speaking towards the phenemona that he experiences. An example of phenomenal language is, "the moon became blood". Technical description would be "the sun became as sackcloth".

Here Paul says, "in me", but then he gets technical, specific, he doesn't want this missed, "that is, in my flesh". Contrasted to "in me". So, at first blush, it seems, in me, but the reality is, in my flesh, which is something different than me, the spirit child of God.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's exactly what he didn't do.

He corrects himself, well, actually he's not correcting, but he's combining phenomenal and technical speech. When he says, "that is, in my flesh", he's giving the appearance of correcting himself, but what he's really doing is giving more specific information, not readily apparent at the first glance, but very important none-the-less.

He says, "In me", because this is how we think of ourselves, this is the phenomenal part, speaking towards the phenemona that he experiences. An example of phenomenal language is, "the moon became blood". Technical description would be "the sun became as sackcloth".

Here Paul says, "in me", but then he gets technical, specific, he doesn't want this missed, "that is, in my flesh". Contrasted to "in me". So, at first blush, it seems, in me, but the reality is, in my flesh, which is something different than me, the spirit child of God.

Much love!
Paul is not contrasting himself to his flesh, he is saying that he is his flesh.

But, I will pray for you.

New Living Translation:
2Co 10:3, We are human, but we don’t wage war as humans do.
2Co 10:4, We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments.
2Co 10:5, We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.

kjv:
2Co 10:3, For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4, (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Co 10:5, Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We are not...in "the" flesh...but we are dwelling in human bodies, which are made of human flesh.

For we have been born of the flesh.

What are you saying now..????
It just gets worse with you.

Listen, we are born INSIDE a human body, and our bodies are not our Soul Realm.
The Soul Realm is the "flesh" or the "MIND".
When we are born again, we are SPIRITUALLY separated from our "flesh", Colossians 2:11. ..... and that is not the anatomy, but rather we are separated from the "old man".........who is to be "reckoned dead" and crucified with Christ ....while our Spirit is BORN AGAIN = AS A NEW CREATION "in Christ".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not quite. Again, you have three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

I asked you the question, "Who's ranting?" because it was evident to me (and very likely to others also) that it is you that was the one doing so.

What are you saying now..????
It just gets worse with you.

Listen, we are born INSIDE a human body, and our bodies are not our Soul Realm.
The Soul Realm is the "flesh" or the "MIND".
When we are born again, we are SPIRITUALLY separated from our "flesh", Colossians 2:11. ..... and that is not the anatomy, but rather we are separated from the "old man".........who is to be "reckoned dead" and crucified with Christ ....while our Spirit is BORN AGAIN = AS A NEW CREATION "in Christ".

I don't know where you get your false teaching, but it is not biblical. The Bible is clear that we are our flesh to some degree:

Rom 7:18, For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Now in Colossians 2:11, it says that the body of the sins of the flesh is put off from us by the circumcision made without hands, by the circumcision of Christ.

That is not the same as our flesh; it is talking about what it later declares in the very same context.

Col 2:13, And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Col 2:14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Being delivered from the body of the sins of the flesh has to do with being forgiven of all trespasses and it has to do with the fact that we are delivered from the law (Romans 6:14, Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19, Romans 7:6).

The body of the sins of the flesh is the encapsulation of that which is sinful within our flesh; and to be delivered from it is in fact a second benefit (2 Corinthians 1:15) that is not given to every Christian. But when it is put off from us, it means that our sins are washed away and it means that the whole of what we have done wrong has been forgiven. While there is another sense in which a second benefit is offered through which we can be set free from the sinful nature itself by being separated from it.

However, this does not mean that we are no longer our flesh (cf. Romans 7:18) or that the element of sin has been eradicated from us.

The body of sin is destroyed in Romans 6:6; and the body of the sins of the flesh is put off from us in Colossians 2:11; however this does not change the fact that we live in bodies of flesh and that we have indwelling sin. For 1 John 1:8 is clear that if we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

This "second benefit" (2 Corinthians 1:15) has to do with the fact that we are made dead to the flesh in that it no longer has any power or say over our behaviour. The element of sin remains within our flesh; while it is rendered inept in its ability to be able to cause us to commit acts of iniquity in this life.

I think I've said enough in order to be able to defend sound doctrine here.

May the Lord abundantly bless you as you continue to study His word; and may He teach you all things and also give you an unction from the holy one in order that you might no longer believe in or teach what is contrary to scripture.

Love in Christ,

@justbyfaith.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Not quite. Again, you have three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).
I asked you the question, "Who's ranting?" because it was evident to me (and very likely to others also) that it is you that was the one doing so.

I don't know where you get your false teaching, but it is not biblical. The Bible is clear that we are our flesh to some degree:

@justbyfaith.

I suspect that all "cult of the Virgin" water cultist, would think im really LOUD.
As that is how its going to seem to them, to you.

Also, Paul teaches that we are not our "flesh".
You teach that Paul is lying.
I teach Paul.

Paul said to reckon, or to esteem, or to understand why, your FLESH is "crucified with Christ".....= Dead.
Paul would not tell you to "make believe" that your flesh is dead.
He told you to see it as dead because it in fact is dead.

You, have sinning and confessing issues, as you've told us, and that is not because of your flesh being alive, but its because you do not walk in the Spirit, or its because you are water baptized and speak in a fake prayer language, thinking you are born again.
So, Once you learn what this all means, then that sinning and confessing issue you still have, will depart.
I wrote at least 10 detailed Threads here some months ago that explained how to walk according to the Mind of Christ, and all you could do was yell "gnostic" and plead ignorance of some vital spiritual understanding that you need to get.

See.... as long as you try to keep yourself saved, and live under the dominion of the law, you will be empowered by that wrong believing to keep committing those works of the flesh that you have to confess, as you falsely believe that you keep yourself saved by doing so, among other things on your "im saving myself" LIST.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, Paul teaches that we are not our "flesh".

Then he would be contradicting himself; because he teaches that we are our flesh in Romans 7:18.

Chapter and verse?

So, Once you learn what this all means, then that sinning and confessing issue you still have, will depart.

You continue to bring up things that I said many months ago as if they were still true of me today.

I sin less and less as time goes on.

Pro 4:18, But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

It seems to me that you often attempt to teach against certain verses of scripture that the Lord has given to us in order to help us in our Christian walk; such as 1 John 1:9.

1Jo 1:9, If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

So, it is not that I have a "sinning and confessing issue" that is the problem...

The problem, in your eyes, is that I continue to believe in holy scripture that you consistently teach against in many of your posts; which tells us about the "Christian's bar of soap".

If anyone should sin, that verse is there for them in order that they might be forgiven and come back into koinoneia fellowship with Christ.

I will say that is we continue our walk with Christ, it will be needed less and less.

However, it has not been stricken from the pages of holy scripture as you would seem to want to teach.