How did Noah's offspring create so many different races of people?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they only married other white Norwegians, then in a thousand years they would look like white sunburnt Norwegians.

If genetic information is not there it does not just magically appear.
The Scandinavian nations have bred to produce white skins, hairs and blue eyes, they don't have the genetic variation to produce dark skins.

:no 1:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they only married other white Norwegians, then in a thousand years they would look like white sunburnt Norwegians.

If genetic information is not there it does not just magically appear.
The Scandinavian nations have bred to produce white skins, hairs and blue eyes, they don't have the genetic variation to produce dark skins.
From "Answers in Genesis", Adam + Eve = Skin Tones:

[The dispersion at Babel broke the large interbreeding group of humanity into smaller groups with less genetic variability. Each group had different mixes of genes for various physical features. All sorts of factors modified the frequency of certain combinations of genes, causing a tendency for specific characteristics to dominate. In other words, kids and grandkids shared the same basic genes their ancestors took with them from Babel.

Breaking It Down​

So, what’s the bottom line? The Bible tells us, and genetics confirms that we’re all descendants of Adam and Eve. No matter the color of our skin, we’re one race . . . but this also means we are all sinners, like our first parents, and all in need of the gospel in Jesus Christ.]

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that skin color isn’t mentioned in scripture is a testament that it’s author:

“…seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7)

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The varying races within humanity causes me to consider if God seeded the world with people of varying races in the first place.
That cannot be right.

GEN 11
11 Now the whole earth spoke one language and used the same words (vocabulary). 2 And as people journeyed eastward, they found a plain in the land of Shinar and they settled there. 3 They said one to another, “Come, let us make bricks and fire them thoroughly [in a kiln, to harden and strengthen them].” So they used brick for stone [as building material], and they used tar (bitumen, asphalt) for mortar. 4 They said, “Come, let us build a city for ourselves, and a tower whose top will reach into the heavens, and let us make a [famous] name for ourselves, so that we will not be scattered [into separate groups] and be dispersed over the surface of the entire earth [as the Lord instructed].

5 Now the Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. 6 And the Lord said, “Behold, they are one [unified] people, and they all have the same language. This is only the beginning of what they will do [in rebellion against Me], and now no evil thing they imagine they can do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let Us (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) go down and there confuse and mix up their language, so that they will not understand one another’s speech.” 8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from there over the surface of the entire earth; and they stopped building the city.

What language did they speak originally I wonder.?:contemplate:

Last edited:

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I presume Noah and his clan were similar in color and appearance with modern, brown-skinned, people in the middle-east.

So how did we end up with black, white, Indian, Chinese, etc., races of humans?
After the Tower of Babel the people scattered to different regions of the word. The sun and climate changed skin color. Color is not a race. There are only two races of people,Jew and Gentile.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
After the Tower of Babel the people scattered to different regions of the word. The sun and climate changed skin color. Color is not a race. There are only two races of people,Jew and Gentile.
wellllll, I'm a Gentile and am pretty sure I'm of the human race......what did you say the race of the Jews was?......and I've lived in the tropics for quiet a few years and so far, every time I get a decent tan up, even to coffee colour it doesn't take long to fade, even back to white or pink (whichever you prefer) when I start wearing clothes. :)

Cheer up St Joseph and imagine how long the African people in the jungle (like me, the jungle ie) just couldn't stay outta the fire :)

Last edited:

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wellllll, I'm a Gentile and am pretty sure I'm of the human race......what did you say the race of the Jews was?......and I've lived in the tropics for quiet a few years and so far, every time I get a decent tan up, even to coffee colour it doesn't take long to fade, even back to white or pink (whichever you prefer) when I start wearing clothes. :)

Cheer up St Joseph and imagine how long the African people in the jungle (like me, the jungle ie) just couldn't stay outta the fire :)

Well that would depend on pigment.
Still...color is not race. I dont care for green cars or purple shirts,but that dont make me racist. As far as what race are Jews... they are Jews