How did Noah's offspring create so many different races of people?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I presume Noah and his clan were similar in color and appearance with modern, brown-skinned, people in the middle-east.

So how did we end up with black, white, Indian, Chinese, etc., races of humans?

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Africans with long limbs and darker skin melanin are better adapted to shedding body heat in the warm climate of africa.

Whites with less melanin were better adapted to producing vitamin D from lower sunlight regions north of the equator.

After generations of consuming soybean based food, which decreases testosterone production. Asians developed to have less body hair and slimmer body type on average. Their eyes also developed epicanthic folds to decrease chances of snow blindness, etc.

Its basic science nonsense.

Reactions: marks

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Africans with long limbs and darker skin melanin are better adapted to shedding body heat in the warm climate of africa.

Whites with less melanin were better adapted to producing vitamin D from lower sunlight regions north of the equator.

After generations of consuming soybean based food, which decreases testosterone production. Asians developed to have less body hair and slimmer body type on average. Their eyes also developed epicanthic folds to decrease chances of snow blindness, etc.

Its basic science nonsense.

The varying races within humanity causes me to consider if God seeded the world with people of varying races in the first place.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I presume Noah and his clan were similar in color and appearance with modern, brown-skinned, people in the middle-east.

Throw backs ?

One looks at a family and one can see at times one who looks more like someone back in the past generations.
Same with white people who have a black in the family tree and bingo 2 even 3 generations out come a totally black baby.

I have mates who have a Asian sir name and look nothing like a Asian, being 3 generations removed but bingo out came one looking very Asian.

Or the story only has to do with themselves as a people, The Jewish story !
But maybe the Africans were not bothered with to talk about or the Asians ? as far as the Jews were concerned.

Or maybe the ones mentioned over 1000 years etc evolved so as to adapt to the lands they lived.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The varying races within humanity causes me to consider if God seeded the world with people of varying races in the first place.

People were created to thrive and adapt to different conditions.

Now that we have smartphones and internet, people will adapt yet again.

Over time, it could affect our outward appearance.

Maybe a 3rd eye on the forehead so people can see where they're going while looking down at their phones.

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I might be remembering incorrectly, but I think I once read this about Noah's sons. Shem was the ancestor of the Asians (people like the Japanese and Chinese), Ham was the ancestor of the dark skinned people (parts of Africa and Egypt came from him) and Japheth was the ancestor of the European (caucasian) people. If this is true, different races probably came from their peoples intermarrying.

If not, they may have had ancestors of different races whose traits resurfaced in future generations.

This might be incorrect, and please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: we must remember that we do not know what races their wives were or rather or not they had more than one wife.

Last edited:

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I might be remembering incorrectly, but I think I once read this about Noah's sons. Shem was the ancestor of the Asians (people like the Japanese and Chinese), Ham was the ancestor of the dark skinned people (parts of Africa and Egypt came from him) and Japheth was the ancestor of the European (caucasian) people. If this is true, different races probably came from their peoples intermarrying.

If not, they may have had ancestors of different races whose traits resurfaced in future generations.

This might be incorrect, and please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: we must remember that we do not know what races their wives were or rather or not they had more than one wife.

Best explanation so far. Thanks.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When God scattered the human race after the tower of Babel fiasco, no doubt He not only changed all the languages, but he also altered the appearances of the different groups which were scattered. The splitting off of the continents may have either occurred at that time or after the Flood. As one can see, the globe presents a jigsaw puzzle, and all continents could be fitted into one land mass.

However, the Bible also says that the human race is of "one blood" meaning that all are descended from Adam, and blood transfusions between ethnic groups are possible as long as blood types match. The various ethnic groups are well suited to the climates and environments in which they live. Now this is all circumstantial evidence since God does not necessarily disclose all His works and His ways.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

May I strongly recommend that you start fol.owing either or both
Answers in genesis and creation.com.

In both organisations there are scientists etc who have looked into problem areas, read up what earlier Christian leaders/scholars had written about these issues and they provide us with an easily understood explanation.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

There’s only one race, the human race and within the human genome there is room for lots of variations. Concentrate some variations and certain characteristics manifest.

Reactions: Windmillcharge

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Location, climate, exposure to sun, foods all contribute to gradual variations in skin color, hair, eys, size. Adaptive mechanisms are built into the genetic code. If a white Norwegian family moves to the Congo, you would be surprised what their generations look like in thousand years.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Alien/ earthbound angelic hybrid human experiments did it and they survived the Flood.....there's an X-File on it in the FBI....:dusted::Broadly::Agreed:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Location, climate, exposure to sun, foods all contribute to gradual variations in skin color, hair, eys, size. Adaptive mechanisms are built into the genetic code. If a white Norwegian family moves to the Congo, you would be surprised what their generations look like in thousand years.
definitely not like the Congolese

• Love
Reactions: APAK

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe your ancesters are from the Congo ... or maybe the Aborigines? Go outside and chuck a bomerang, you might have an inert talent you didn't even know about?
:) I've chucked a couple of boomerangs....quite a nifty bit of aero dynamic engineering :)
I'm wondering if I threw a few more I might develop some thicker lips and thinner legs? :)

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:) I've chucked a couple of boomerangs....quite a nifty bit of aero dynamic engineering :)
I'm wondering if I threw a few more I might develop some thicker lips and thinner legs? :)
Lol ... That would save you money on botox. People are more attractive to thicker lips these days.

Reactions: APAK

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If they only married other white Norwegians, then in a thousand years they would look like white sunburnt Norwegians.

If genetic information is not there it does not just magically appear.
The Scandinavian nations have bred to produce white skins, hairs and blue eyes, they don't have the genetic variation to produce dark skins.

• Love
Reactions: Mr E and APAK

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they only married other white Norwegians, then in a thousand years they would look like white sunburnt Norwegians.

If genetic information is not there it does not just magically appear.
The Scandinavian nations have bred to produce white skins, hairs and blue eyes, they don't have the genetic variation to produce dark skins.
8 people got off the Ark ... now there are 8 billion - go figure it your way.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tanned.