How do conservative evangelicals reconcile their support for Trump with Trump’s sinful lifestyle?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you will allow me to propose a slight modification: Impeachment proceedings simply put out there the fact that in the opinion of those advancing impeachment proceedings this guy is NOT doing his job.

If the impeachment proceedings come to naught (as the Senate will eventually prove to be the case here), conclusions about this guy's job performance may not rise to the level of "fact" (as opposed to mere opinion).
Your may certainly modify my post to suit your belief. However, those who are suffering this invasion along the border with Mexico don't take the failure so lightly. Those "sanctuary cities" are having to admit that this influx of illegals is a huge problem now. Perhaps, it is only those who are not feeling the pain believe that Mayorkas is doing his job?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those "sanctuary cities" are having to admit that this influx of illegals is a huge problem now.

It's hilarious too! ALL illegals should be sent to the blue states and their sanctuary cities! exit_stage_right.gif
Let them enjoy the fruit of their darkened minds! laughing13.gif

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, Dad is home today so for the next few days I'm going to be busy getting back into the routine.
So if I don't get beack to everyon'es replies, I'm sorry. I'll try to catch up as time allows.

Clinton and Trump. Neither of them were "convicted" of the impeachments against them. That's why they were able to keep their jobs.

Impeachment in the United States

In the United States, impeachment is the process by which a legislature may bring charges against an officeholder for misconduct alleged to have been committed with a penalty of removal. Impeachment may also occur at the state level if the state or commonwealth has provisions for it under its constitution. Wikipedia

The federal House of Representatives can impeach a party with a simple majority of the House members present or such other criteria as the House adopts in accordance with Article One, Section 2, Clause 5 of the United States Constitution. This triggers a federal impeachment trial in the United States Senate, which can vote by a 2/3 majority to convict an official, removing them from office. The Senate can also further, with just a simple-majority vote, vote to bar an individual convicted in a senate impeachment trial from holding future federal office.

You need a convicton for removal.

On February 12, Clinton was acquitted on both counts as neither received the necessary two-thirds majority vote of the senators present for conviction and removal from office—in this instance 67 votes were needed. On Article One, 45 senators voted to convict while 55 voted for acquittal. On Article Two, 50 senators voted to convict while 50 voted for acquittal.[3] Clinton remained in office for the remainder of his second term.[4]

On February 5, 2020, the Senate acquitted Trump on both counts. The votes were 48–52 to convict on the first count and 47–53 to convict on the second count, both short of the two-thirds majority needed to convict, therefore resulting in acquittal.

The second impeachment trial of Donald Trump, the 45th president of the United States (in office from 2017 to 2021), began on February 9, 2021, and concluded with his acquittal on February 13.

hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Mayorkas isn't convicted for not upholding the constitution and the laws (not policies) of the land,
The it's game over and We the People no longer have a sovereign nation.
Hugs

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Big Boy, it is amazing how you are consistently wrong. Carry on wayward son.

You can express your erroneous opinion that I'm wayward and lost... but as usual you don't know what you are talkin about

crazy2.gif<---- Wrangler trying to think of a come back laughing.gif

Posting the satanic music that you like tells all we need to know. agree.gif

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my view, there is a battle going on between those who know that we are a sovereign nation and those who have created uncontrolled borders. I'm wondering if this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my view, there is a battle going on between those who know that we are a sovereign nation and those who have created uncontrolled borders. I'm wondering if this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Jesus did say a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand... may it's best if the blue states go their way, and the red states go another way.

That way when the one world government and it's anti-christ take over... the blue states can enjoy worshiping their father the devil all they want.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice smoke screen, but are you gonna vote for Trump or a pro abortionist?
Have you or ANYONE else on here ever wonder why abortion is still legal?? Because republicans and many democrats are against it. The repubs. would lose one of their two best wedge issues and their base! It is 2024 and repubs. have been the majority several times over but, you never see them honestly working against banning it. You think no repubs. ever pay for or have abortions??!! Ha! You would be so wrong.

Wedge issues separate the people and are well used as a division, brings on hatred, and are mainly used to win elections. I'd put lot's of money down that Trump has probably paid for MANY abortions with his filthy sexual innuendos and behavior.

"If even, the very elect..."

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you or ANYONE else on here ever wonder why abortion is still legal?? Because republicans and many democrats are against it. The repubs. would lose one of their two best wedge issues and their base! It is 2024 and repubs. have been the majority several times over but, you never see them honestly working against banning it. You think no repubs. ever pay for or have abortions??!! Ha! You would be so wrong.

Wedge issues separate the people and are well used as a division, brings on hatred, and are mainly used to win elections. I'd put lot's of money down that Trump has probably paid for MANY abortions with his filthy sexual innuendos and behavior.

I'm sure there are LOTS of RINOS who support abortion. But the Dem politicians INSIST on abortions and even worse, letting failed abortions lay and die with no medical help. Not to mention, Planned Parenthood is a BIG donor to the Dem party.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some of us, while not Democrat or Republican are against abortion except for saving the life of the mother.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and that is the only exception IMHO.

I agree. Although I cannot judge a woman who was raped and doesn't want to continue the pregnancy as I will never know what it's like to be in her shoes.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure there are LOTS of RINOS who support abortion. But the Dem politicians INSIST on abortions and even worse, letting failed abortions lay and die with no medical help. Not to mention, Planned Parenthood is BIG donors to the Dem party.
Like I said, wedge issues, they have their base as do the republicans. And, not ALL dems. are in line with ALL of the dems. issues. There is still and will always be these wedge issues as long as people fall for it. It's money, prestige and power they are after... Jesus had nothing to do with the politics of His day other than to say pray for your leaders and to give unto Caesar..."

The line between dem. and repub. has become very thin, so much so that it can barely be seen.
They love to get together (both dem and repub) members who the public think hate one another, and meet for lunches and dinners that cost an arm and a leg...ALL on our dime. They laugh all the way to the bank. I no longer believe there is a difference in the two...it's all talk, talk talk!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can not blame a young girl in trouble. I blame their advisors!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, wedge issues, they have their base as do the republicans. And, not ALL dems. are in line with ALL of the dems. issues. There is still and will always be these wedge issues as long as people fall for it. It's money, prestige and power they are after... Jesus had nothing to do with the politics of His day other than to say pray for your leaders and to give unto Caesar..."

The line between dem. and repub. has become very thin, so much so that it can barely be seen.
They love to get together (both dem and repub) members who the public think hate one another, and meet for lunches and dinners that cost an arm and a leg...ALL on our dime. They laugh all the way to the bank. I no longer believe there is a difference in the two...it's all talk, talk talk!
Absolutely agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.