How do conservative evangelicals reconcile their support for Trump with Trump’s sinful lifestyle?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And your thinking would be wrong, but think what you want. The truth is not subject to your thinking alone.
Jesus said gays are heading for Hell, and no doubt those who knowingly vote for the baby killers! I'm a Bible believer!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said gays are heading for Hell, and no doubt those who knowingly vote for the baby killers! I'm a Bible believer!

As am I, a Bible believer.

I will disagree with you though on those who vote.

There are other policies other than what someone believes on abortion.

Oh and reported for saying that I'm headed for hell which is against the rules of these forums.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As am I, a Bible believer.
Then why did you call gays "decent" when Jesus called them VILE and SHAMEFUL?
I will disagree with you though on those who vote.

There are other policies other than what someone believes on abortion.
You didn't answer what's more important than killing MILLIONS of babies?
Oh and reported for saying that I'm headed for hell which is against the rules of these forums.
Please stop lying!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please stop lying!

Jesus said gays are heading for Hell, and no doubt those who knowingly vote for the baby killers!

Hardly lying when those are your words above.

Then why did you call gays "decent" when Jesus called them VILE and SHAMEFUL?

They are still human beings who deserve respect. I can disagree with their lifestyle, but they are still decent human beings.

You didn't answer what's more important than killing MILLIONS of babies?

Because whatever I say will not be good enough. You seem to be a one issue voter and you and I will never understand each other in that regard if you are. So, there is no point in answering your question.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hardly lying when those are your words above.
BIBLICAL FACT: Jesus said gays are heading for Hell, and no doubt those who knowingly vote for the baby killers! Why would you think I was referring to you??? I didn't mention you.
They are still human beings who deserve respect. I can disagree with their lifestyle, but they are still decent human beings.
Jesus said gays are VILE and Shameful! Do you have a Bible?
Because whatever I say will not be good enough. You seem to be a one issue voter and you and I will never understand each other in that regard if you are. So, there is no point in answering your question.
You still haven't said what's more important than the lives of MILLIONS of babies! I wonder why.

Last edited:

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BIBLICAL FACT: Jesus said gays are heading for Hell, and no doubt those who knowingly vote for the baby killers!

From now doubt on are your words, not Jesus.

Jesus said gays are VILE and Shameful! Do you have a Bible?

And they are still human beings that deserve respect as a human being. Do you think Jesus would have treated them without respect? The only ones he treated disrespectfully were the Pharisees. Sinners, of which gay people are he treated with respect.

I also have about six Bibles. Read one of them on the daily.

You still haven't said what's more important than the lives of MILLIONS of babies! I wonder why.

And I explained why I will not state those policies.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From now doubt on are your words, not Jesus.
Huh?
And they are still human beings that deserve respect as a human being. Do you think Jesus would have treated them without respect? The only ones he treated disrespectfully were the Pharisees. Sinners, of which gay people are he treated with respect.
There would be no issue if you hadn't said gays are "decent". Have you read Romans 1? VILE and SHAMEFUL! I Cor 6 Gays are heading for Hell!
I also have about six Bibles. Read one of them on the daily.
They don't have Rom 1 and I Cor 6 in them?
And I explained why I will not state those policies.
It's a simple question. What's more important than the lives of MILLIONS of babies?

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

From the words "no doubt" are your words. So, I am not lying.

There would be no issue if you hadn't said gays are "decent".

And they can be decent people and deserve respect. When I have interacted with them, they have been decent. This is my experience. I think we are talking to different things.

And where did I say that gays are decent anyway? Other than responding to you in the last few posts, I don't remember saying that gays are decent.

Have you read Romans 1? VILE and SHAMEFUL! I Cor 6 Gays are heading for Hell!

Not sure I ever said otherwise. By me saying they were decent doesn't negate the above.

They don't have Rom 1 and I Cor 6 in them?

Of course they do. Never said they didn't.

It's a simple question. What's more important than the lives of MILLIONS of babies?

I gave you my answer. If you don't accept it, it's on you. I'm not going to list them.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The claim that every signatory to the Declaration of Independence had a seminary degree except for Benjamin Franklin is not accurate. While it is true that many of the signatories were highly educated and some had religious education or seminary degrees, not all of them did. The backgrounds of the signatories were diverse, encompassing a range of professions including lawyers, planters, merchants, and public officials.
Benjamin Franklin himself was a noted polymath with vast interests and self-taught expertise in a variety of fields, including science, diplomacy, and printing, rather than formal seminary education. Many of the other signatories had legal training or attended colleges that offered a classical education, which at the time could include some religious studies but was not necessarily focused on theology to the extent implied by holding a seminary degree.
For instance, some signatories, like John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison, were educated at institutions such as Harvard or the College of William & Mary, where they studied law, philosophy, and the sciences. These educational backgrounds were typical for many of the signatories, reflecting the broad intellectual pursuits of the era rather than a singular focus on theological education.
It's important to understand the context of 18th-century education, where the line between secular and religious studies was not as sharply defined as it might be today, and attending a college often meant receiving some form of religious instruction. However, the claim overstates the case by implying that all but one signatory had formal seminary training.
Thanks Chat.

In order to get a degree as a lawyer /doctor/accountant you first needed a seminary education....it was a prerequisite.

Thomas Jefferson tried to sell his own English translation of the Bible (requisite part of seminary training) to the US Government to use for basic education in schools.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the words "no doubt" are your words. So, I am not lying.
I didn't write Rom 1 and I Cor 1. Not my words!
And they can be decent people and deserve respect. When I have interacted with them, they have been decent. This is my experience. I think we are talking to different things.

And where did I say that gays are decent anyway? Other than responding to you in the last few posts, I don't remember saying that gays are decent.
You don't remember threatening to report me again? lol
Not sure I ever said otherwise. By me saying they were decent doesn't negate the above.

Of course they do. Never said they didn't.
I don't think VILE and SHAMEFUL qualifies as "decent".
I gave you my answer. If you don't accept it, it's on you. I'm not going to list them.
Your silence is a clear answer. As long as God gives me a breath I will speak up for helpless babies who cannot speak for themselves! I'm more concerned about Judgment Day than offending Liberals who call themselves Christians.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.