How do you know you are "saved" or "not saved"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well....if speaking in tongues is available to all believers, it means they are already saved.
Yes ...But there are 11 more benefits to speaking in tongues.

Btw. I don't think tongue speaking is a condition to be saved. But of course I am not a United Pentecostal ;-)
No not a condition.... but that was not the question you posed.

And I am of no denomination

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's really common to use this verse 'he who endures to the end will be saved '.. but this is save as in deliverance from trials. Not eternal deliverance
So he saves us- but DOESN'T save us? Or 'saves' us half-way?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Obviously, facts mean little to bbyrd...
ha well imo youre about to step in a puddle, but ill bite; what "facts?"
and fwiw yes, "facts" mean little to me, or truth, seems like

you are no doubt going to initiate some mini-sermon about how ppl who accept Christ with their mouths are now "saved," inferring "from the fires of eternal hell," but trust me i can shred that to death with the Bible, and it isnt in there anywhere anyway

Reactions: FactsPlease

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that is what "saved" means, after all?
Endure to the end......endure what?
You should know BB, after all you... have over 33000 conversation comments on this forum?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All I am asking, how come the ones saying the "salvation prayer" ---are 100% sure of salvation. (according to the word)
And the ones prayed over, the "healing prayer". "hands on laid" "oil anointed"--- no evidence of healing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, maybe I am a trouble maker.

Last edited:

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So he saves us- but DOESN'T save us? Or 'saves' us half-way?

What I'm saying is the context of the verse isn't about Jesus saving us eternally. It's about deliverance from hard times.. that's the context of 'he who endures to the end will be saved'.. it's deliverance from trials during end times. Not about receiving eternal life.

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well your welcome to your interpretation- even tho it would mean MOST are delivered from hard times.....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Endure to the end......endure what?
i would guess that one would be called to "endure" whatever they considered a trial, or maybe even a calamity?
All I am asking, how come the ones saying the "salvation prayer" ---are 100% sure of salvation
imo the "100% sure" part is the tell; but im convinced one cannot accept Christ with their mouth
And the ones prayed over, the "healing prayer". "hands on laid" "oil anointed"--- no evidence of healing
well as to that i suggest that they are looking for miracle symptom remediation most of the time, and thats not what healing is about, imo.
personally i have...different definitions for just about every one of those terms though, "prayer, healing, laying hands, oil anointed," so i guess every one of them ha. Mine tend to be a lot more...mundane? But i get evidence of healing, too!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OK, so to sum it up:

Why do Christians think they are saved when they come to Christ.

Why do Christians think they are healed when they ask Christ to heal them.

Because the Bible says so?
But what if they stay sick?
If they are still sick, they might be still unsaved.

They ask two questions. Salvation and healing.
Why so sure about the first question being answered but the evidence for the 2nd question is lacking.

Lack of faith? Sinful lives? What is it?
And does it apply to both cases?

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, so to sum it up:

Why do Christians think they are saved when they come to Christ.

Why do Christians think they are healed when they ask Christ to heal them.

Because the Bible says so?
But what if they stay sick?
If they are still sick, they might be still unsaved.

They ask two questions. Salvation and healing.
Why so sure about the first question being answered but the evidence for the 2nd question is lacking.

Lack of faith? Sinful lives? What is it?
And does it apply to both cases?
Because their Pastor tells them.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously, facts mean little to bbyrd...
Who among men knows all of the "facts? For this reason are we not warned by Jesus about judging others?

Mt 7:1Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mt 7:2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because their Pastor tells them.
This is may be the case when a person completely ignorant of the Bible, and God and the things of God, begins his walk with God. If he does not grow from there, he may find himself falling instead being lifted up toward the Light.

Reactions: Triumph1300

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who among men knows all of the "facts? For this reason are we not warned by Jesus about judging others?

Mt 7:1Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mt 7:2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
God does- the written Bible reveals much!

Reactions: Triumph1300