How do you know you are "saved" or "not saved"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you bringing up the devils believing? They don't believe in Him as a person who entrusting their salvation with Him would
Please explain the difference if you would, using scriptures to clarify.

Reactions: bbyrd009

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Please explain the difference if you would, using scriptures to clarify.
Devils know Jesus exists .. and who He is. But they haven't called out to Jesus for salvation from hell. They have no personal connection with Him.

It is a misnomer comparing believers with devils. Unless you are meaning people who never believe but it's just a cultural thing.

Christian ticked in a box, but no genuine faith.

Scripture for salvation: romans 10:9-10, John 3:16, 5:24, 3:36, etc

Reactions: marks

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The letter of the law does not provide exact details on our ascension to Heaven, that doesn't mean we won't get there. We get there by faith. So it is by faith we say "I was saved".

What comes is as what goes, Jesus couldn't say the exact time He would return to Earth, but that doesn't mean He won't come. He arrives back on Earth by faith. So it is by faith Jesus says "I was here to have saved you".

Now does the flesh war with the Spirit? Yes, it does, but does that mean we will be overcome with doubt, in the end? No, certainly not, for our faith has ever quickened us, throughout our life and will on our way to Heaven.

Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Devils know Jesus exists .. and who He is. But they haven't called out to Jesus for salvation from hell. They have no personal connection with Him.

It is a misnomer comparing believers with devils. Unless you are meaning people who never believe but it's just a cultural thing.

Christian ticked in a box, but no genuine faith.

Scripture for salvation: romans 10:9-10, John 3:16, 5:24, 3:36, etc
Thank you.

Reactions: amigo de christo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Devils know Jesus exists .. and who He is. But they haven't called out to Jesus for salvation from hell
ill pass on that myself, yeh

It is a misnomer comparing believers with devils.
and yet Scripture apparently has no problem doing just that :)

look, i understand, and even empathize, which is pretty rare for me…just maybe keep an open mind, eh? and understand the lesson of Esau, read with…no right eye
imo

Reactions: amadeus

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
ill pass on that myself, yeh

and yet Scripture apparently has no problem doing just that :)

look, i understand, and even empathize, which is pretty rare for me…just maybe keep an open mind, eh? and understand the lesson of Esau, read with…no right eye
imo

Yes I got it wrong that devils believing is not compared with believers .. it is in scripture.

It's just that the belief in Jesus the devils have is entirely different to believers.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I got it wrong that devils believing is not compared with believers .. it is in scripture.

It's just that the belief in Jesus the devils have is entirely different to believers.

CONTEXT is everything! ....In a time when all the world’s religions were worshipping HUNDREDS of “ gods” , some confused people through that they were “ hot stuff” simply because they were at “ least” smart enough to see that there was just ONE God..... we’ll, whoopee, even the devil’s realized “ that” much.....and seeing how that it is FAITH That Saves, it is IMPOSSIBLE to have Faith in something that you have actually seen in person.....the devils had SEEN everything that took place in Heaven before their fall....

How much faith does it take to believe in a super -heavy airplane to fly once you have seen it happen? It’s kinda like that....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

thus possibly making it a commentary on beliefs, rather than…that
dont get me started on the diff in beliefs and faith lol
or faith as noun arg
Yes I got it wrong
ha now you are a god then i guess

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just looking for opinions on this subject.
What is the evidence?
Are you sure?
I don't tell people I'm saved. Jesus didn't proclaim himself and neither should we. Ultimately the judge God and Savior determines who is saved not man.

We are not however saved until we are resurrected, washed clean with the blood of the Lamb and invited into Heaven to live with the Father God.

This life is a time of probation where we are tested by the tempter.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't tell people I'm saved. Jesus didn't proclaim himself and neither should we. Ultimately the judge God and Savior determines who is saved not man.

I beg to differ—-

“ All Those That Hear my Word, and BELIEVE in the One that sent me, ALREADY HAVE Eternal Life and shall NEVER come under Condemnation —- They have already PASSED from Death unto Life” John 5:24

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: How do you know you "are saved" or "not saved"?

What is the evidence?
Are you sure?
imho (In my humble opinion) I believe we should not "look for opinions" on this subject :cry:
But, rather 'look for' God's Teaching Of "According To The Scriptures!"

Amazing thing is, God Teaches 'This Very Thing' In His Wonderful Gospel Of Grace:

"By Grace Through faith"
(Eph 2:8-9), we are surely Saved By believing/trusting
(Not with intellectual 'head knowledge' like 'devils who believe'), But with 'heart
faith'
in Paul's Gospel that he says he received (by Revelation From Christ):

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that​
Christ Died for our sins* According To The Scriptures; And that He Was
Buried, and that He Rose Again the third day According To The Scriptures:"
(1Co 15:3-4)​

This really amazes me, That God EMPHASIZES This 'Statement' TWICE! What think ye?
opinions, or: "According To The Scriptures" (x 2!)?

@Pearl and I Both, are "sure WE are Saved" By 'Believing God's Word' To us, But there
Is Even Much MORE Scriptural Evidence That He Has Given, To Eternally Assure us Of
This Sound Doctrine The He Gave To
our apostle, Paul! ie:

12-Dozen Plain And Clear Scriptures That we can believe, trust, and place faith In:

God's OPERATION On All HIS New-born babes In CHRIST
+
God's Eternal Assurance
All I am asking, how come the ones saying the "salvation prayer" ---are 100% sure of salvation. (according to the word)
And the ones prayed over, the "healing prayer". "hands on laid" "oil anointed"--- no evidence of healing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, maybe I am a trouble maker.
Yes, I know what you mean. When I share God's Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided (+ I and II),
to try to encourage/edify others about our infirmities today,
Under Grace, some critics think I also am 'a trouble maker' - hope this helps with
the Confusion about healing:

GRACE Word for our infirmities
-----------------
* God Is Eternally Satisfied With His SON's ALL-Sufficient BLOOD Sacrifice As
"THE FULL Payment" For All our sin, but Most of those with opinions are not...:cry:
----------------------------------------
Precious friend(s):

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided (+ I and II)
!

Reactions: Pearl

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
What is the evidence?
Are you sure?
Before I was not sure. But now I am because of the evidence. Before I didn't have the evidence. I felt condemned whenever I read the bible. I felt like a hypocrite. I had a passion in sharing God's word until what I was sharing was convicting me of all my sins.

The evidence is being a new creature. Not by words but by power. Before I used to struggle with sin (i.e. lust, anger, strife, envy, covetousness, without respect, selfish, without self control) Now I do not struggle and even cannot commit those sins anymore because I already died to it, I was crucified with Christ, and it is him who lives in me already. My old self is dead and I became a slave to rigteousness. Only I can say this by experience. It is an experience. That is the evidence.

You bear the fruit of the Holy Spirit. You cannot bear the fruits of unrighteousness that cannot inherit God's kingdom. It agrees with Jesus' word that says a good tree cannot bear bad fruit and vice versa.

If a professing believer is still struggling and sinning, he is still in bondage with it. Until he realizes it, or until God makes him realize it.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I beg to differ—-

“ All Those That Hear my Word, and BELIEVE in the One that sent me, ALREADY HAVE Eternal Life and shall NEVER come under Condemnation —- They have already PASSED from Death unto Life” John 5:24
Also read the last chapter of john . he said that ye may KNOW you have eternal life .
IN JESUS IS OUR SALVATION . Let all that has breath praise the glorious Lord .
If folks dont know they saved , that scares me for them . Cause what are they trusting in to ensure they are .......in themselves .j
AS FOR ME I TRUST IN CHRIST ALONE FOR MY SALVATION . HE ALONE . Now Let the LORD be praised .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What is the evidence?
Are you sure?

Jesus told you this..

"you must be born again".

"MUST"

A.) = Be BORN AGAIN.

This is the only proof of Salvation.
If you are born again, you are saved., you are "in Christ", and you are going to heaven.

If you have been taught that being water baptized, and trying to keep commandments, and similar, is how you go to heaven, then you are not going, yet.

Why?

Because Jesus told you.... "you must be born again", and He's not kidding.

THOUSANDS of water baptized religious commandment obsessed people, all trying to pretend to be like Christ, ... died and all of them went to hell today, tomorrow and yesterday.

Why?

Because Jesus told them...."you must be born again".......and they weren't.

Reactions: 360watt

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told you this..

"MUST"

A.) = Be BORN AGAIN.

If you are born again, you are saved., you are "in Christ", and you are going to heaven.

If you have been taught that being water baptized, and trying to keep commandments, and similar, is how you go to heaven, then you are not going, yet.

Why?

THOUSANDS of water baptized religious people, trying to be like Christ, ... ALL went to hell today, tomorrow and yesterday.

Why?

Many indeed are not born again . Born of water and spirit . And if one has not the SPIRIT of CHRIST , HE is NONE OF HIS .
And by SPIRIT , IT MEANS HOLY SPIRIT . as in HOLY .
YE shall know them by their fruits . Yes indeed . LET GOD be true but every man a liar . Now lift those hands and praise the KING .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Also read the last chapter of john . he said that ye may KNOW you have eternal life .
IN JESUS IS OUR SALVATION . Let all that has breath praise the glorious Lord .
If folks dont know they saved , that scares me for them . Cause what are they trusting in to ensure they are .......in themselves .j
AS FOR ME I TRUST IN CHRIST ALONE FOR MY SALVATION . HE ALONE . Now Let the LORD be praised .
2Ti_2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

As you showed, amigo, we have the assurance of our salvation and we KNOW it.

God bless
Johann

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told you this..

"MUST"

A.) = Be BORN AGAIN.

Why?

THOUSANDS of water baptized religious commandment obsessed people, all trying to pretend to be like Christ, ... died and all of them went to hell today, tomorrow and yesterday.

Why?

many go down into the water a dry sinner only to come up a wet one . MANY have not the SPIRIT
they follow a jesus that serves the flesh and the lusts of their flesh they do love and thus follow the jesus
that honors their sin . BAD NEWS for them .