How do you know you are "saved" or "not saved"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
OK, so to sum it up:

Why do Christians think they are saved when they come to Christ.

Why do Christians think they are healed when they ask Christ to heal them.

Because the Bible says so?
But what if they stay sick?
If they are still sick, they might be still unsaved.

They ask two questions. Salvation and healing.
Why so sure about the first question being answered but the evidence for the 2nd question is lacking.

Lack of faith? Sinful lives? What is it?
And does it apply to both cases?

Healing .. biblical healing.. as in a miracle is very rare. Contrary to popular belief there aren't miracles happening all the time.

Take deception, psychosomatic healing and recovery over a period of time out of the equation and real biblical miracle healings are very rare.

It isn't a lack of faith that they are rare.. God has very particular purposes for 100 percent.. instant.. full healing. Every healing Jesus did.. and the miracles were for particular reasons.. not random.

Same goes for the disciples and apostles. Rare and exceptional.

Some miracles in the Bible had nothing to do with the faithfulness of the recipient.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I'm saying is the context of the verse isn't about Jesus saving us eternally. It's about deliverance from hard times.. that's the context of 'he who endures to the end will be saved'.. it's deliverance from trials during end times. Not about receiving eternal life.

And even if it “ does” mean what many think it means, Believers got that covered ....

“ And who is it that Endures other than he that believes thatJesus is the Son of God “

“ And it is * HE* that will keep you Strong ( have you to endure) and will present you as Blameless on Judgement Day”

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evidence that a person has received a never- ending salvation would be a direct revelation from God! Who has received such?

Anybody that reads His Word and Believes in the Promises therein....you don’t have to hear a voice from Heaven....just take God at His Word.....it is Impossible for God to lie...God Promises to Save Anybody that ASKS to be Saved...what else does one need? There is your “ Direct Revelation”.... it’s all the Revelation Anybody needs ....

Reactions: amadeus

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, so to sum it up:

Why do Christians think they are saved when they come to Christ.

Why do Christians think they are healed when they ask Christ to heal them.

Because the Bible says so?
But what if they stay sick?
If they are still sick, they might be still unsaved.

They ask two questions. Salvation and healing.
Why so sure about the first question being answered but the evidence for the 2nd question is lacking.

Lack of faith? Sinful lives? What is it?
And does it apply to both cases?

God’s Promise is, “ I am the God that healith thee” ......if you have the Faith to Believe that Promise, you will receive your healing....some get it here and some have to wait and receive it “ over there”, but they will ALL receive it....

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anybody that reads His Word and Believes in the Promises therein....you don’t have to hear a voice from Heaven....just take God at His Word.....it is Impossible for God to lie...God Promises to Save Anybody that ASKS to be Saved...what else does one need? There is your “ Direct Revelation”.... it’s all the Revelation Anybody needs ....
While your words emphasize especially the "and believes" remember also this:

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." James 4:3
Sometimes people want what they want but with no intention nor ability to give up what they must give up. But... Jesus also told us to ask for help. Can we not ask God to help us give whatever it is that we must give up?

Mt 7:7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mt 7:8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It works better for me if I stop worrying about whether I'm saved or not and just trust Jesus to save me. He either will - or He won't.

"Whoever would seek save his ψυχὴν" (life, soul) "will lose it."

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sometimes people want what they want but with no intention nor ability to give up what they must give up. But... Jesus also told us to ask for help. Can we not ask God to help us give whatever it is that we must give up?
I am glad to see you in here.
I hope and pray you and yours are doing well, Amadeus.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nobody knows if they're saved, so all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope we make the grade..:)
Even Paul said much the same thing-
"I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time" (1 Cor 4:3)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The only way I am aware of in the Word of God that allows you know of a certainty you are born again is by speaking in tongues …

Hmm that's a grey area because although Paul never banned tongues outright he did say-
"..I would rather have you preach" ( Cor 14:5)
So by disobeying him, tongue-speakers are candidates for the naughty step..;)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad to see you in here.
I hope and pray you and yours are doing well, Amadeus.
Thank you, old friend and brother in Christ. In the Spirit, I am doing well. My flesh is however on a downhill slide... but the end is not yet.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Triumph1300

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
And what about salvation.
As in biblical salvation, is that very rare as well?
Not so rare... that's an unearned, unmerited, unfavoured gift from Jesus to those who entrust their salvation with Him.

There are millions and millions of people who have received Jesus as their Saviour.. genuinely.

John 3:16 and Romans 10

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Not so rare... that's an unearned, unmerited, unfavoured gift from Jesus to those who entrust their salvation with Him.

There are millions and millions of people who have received Jesus as their Saviour.. genuinely.

John 3:16 and Romans 10
horse puckey, wadr...
or i mean. advocate accepting Christ with your mouth if you like, but id be ware k
Probably also the same as far as "healing" is concerned.
After all He said "The same Yesterday, Today and Forever"