How do You Know You are Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

manichunter

Jun 2, 2008
Is your Salvation real?How do you know you are saved from death, hell, and the grave; and, you have been spiritually born again into a spiritual kingdom of God? What is the proof that your salvation is real and legitimate? Do you recognize anything here that proves you are saved? Which would apply to you?1.I was born to Christians parents.2.I attend a Christian church.3.I believe in Jesus.4.I was baptized.5.I have the inner witness of the Holy Spirit that spoke and speaks to me.Mt 7:21-23 - 21 "Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' According to this Scripture, one can be deceived about the legitimacy of their salvation. 2Co 13:5 - Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you are disqualified. According this Scripture, we are required to know beyond any reasonable doubt that our salvation is genuine. It will be too late to get before Jesus in judgment and say I thought I was. Php 2:12 - Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; According to this Scripture, we are to be aggressive and cautious in the walk of and living in our salvation. I was saved in Aug 1991 by the Holy Spirit telling me that Jesus was indeed the living Word of God that came in the manner of flesh, but was the God. I was a convert from Islamic practices and thoughts that believed that Jesus is the Word of God. However, they say he is still simply a man and not God. I was invited to a home Bible study and the topic was the plan of salvation. I was invited by a Christian friend who promised me that a lot of girls would be there and that we would go out on the town afterwards to play. During the course of instruction, the Holy Spirit took me to John 1:1 and broke it down in the Greek; and, the rest is spiritual history......... I clearly remember the Holy Spirit asking me from an inaudible voice within my inner man, “Who do you say Jesus is.” I responded without audibility speaking, “God.” Then the Spirit asked me what I was going to do about this revelation of who Jesus was. I simply said He is my God and Savior, and then I received Him without telling anyone else until I got home. I immediately went home from this Bible Study called my girlfriend, told her I got saved, and that I was breaking up with her because I did not want a girlfriend anymore to get in between Jesus and me. LOL This is my witness of salvation and spiritual birth into the Kingdom of God.

watt

Jun 21, 2008
In The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God Love.(manichunter;53993)
is Your Salvation Real?How Do You Know You Are Saved From Death, Hell, And The Grave; And, You Have Been Spiritually Born Again Into A Spiritual Kingdom Of God? What Is The Proof That Your Salvation Is Real And Legitimate? Do You Recognize Anything Here That Proves You Are Saved? Which Would Apply To You?1.i Was Born To Christians Parents.2.i Attend A Christian Church.3.i Believe In Jesus.4.i Was Baptized.5.i Have The Inner Witness Of The Holy Spirit That Spoke And Speaks To Me.Mt 7:21-23 - 21 "not Everyone Who Says To Me, "lord, Lord,' Shall Enter The Kingdom Of Heaven, But He Who Does The Will Of My Father In Heaven. 22many Will Say To Me In That Day, "lord, Lord, Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name, Cast Out Demons In Your Name, And Done Many Wonders In Your Name?' 23and Then I Will Declare To Them, "i Never Knew You; Depart From Me, You Who Practice Lawlessness!' according To This Scripture, One Can Be Deceived About The Legitimacy Of Their Salvation. 2co 13:5 - Examine Yourselves As To Whether You Are In The Faith. Test Yourselves. Do You Not Know Yourselves, That Jesus Christ Is In You?--unless Indeed You Are Disqualified. according This Scripture, We Are Required To Know Beyond Any Reasonable Doubt That Our Salvation Is Genuine. It Will Be Too Late To Get Before Jesus In Judgment And Say I Thought I Was. Php 2:12 - Therefore, My Beloved, As You Have Always Obeyed, Not As In My Presence Only, But Now Much More In My Absence, Work Out Your Own Salvation With Fear And Trembling; according To This Scripture, We Are To Be Aggressive And Cautious In The Walk Of And Living In Our Salvation. I Was Saved In Aug 1991 By The Holy Spirit Telling Me That Jesus Was Indeed The Living Word Of God That Came In The Manner Of Flesh, But Was The God. I Was A Convert From Islamic Practices And Thoughts That Believed That Jesus Is The Word Of God. However, They Say He Is Still Simply A Man And Not God. I Was Invited To A Home Bible Study And The Topic Was The Plan Of Salvation. I Was Invited By A Christian Friend Who Promised Me That A Lot Of Girls Would Be There And That We Would Go Out On The Town Afterwards To Play. During The Course Of Instruction, The Holy Spirit Took Me To John 1:1 And Broke It Down In The Greek; And, The Rest Is Spiritual History......... I Clearly Remember The Holy Spirit Asking Me From An Inaudible Voice Within My Inner Man, “who Do You Say Jesus Is.” I Responded Without Audibility Speaking, “god.” Then The Spirit Asked Me What I Was Going To Do About This Revelation Of Who Jesus Was. I Simply Said He Is My God And Savior, And Then I Received Him Without Telling Anyone Else Until I Got Home. I Immediately Went Home From This Bible Study Called My Girlfriend, Told Her I Got Saved, And That I Was Breaking Up With Her Because I Did Not Want A Girlfriend Anymore To Get In Between Jesus And Me. Lol This Is My Witness Of Salvation And Spiritual Birth Into The Kingdom Of God.
very Good Sharing, Full Of God Love..praise The Lord!!! May The All The Praise Goes To The Glory Of God!!And This Is What Jesus Said To All Of Us Including Those Who Read This Beautiful Sharing Of God Love :-"6 Blessed Are Those Who Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness, For They Will Will Be Filled. 7 Blessed Are The Merciful, For The Will Be Shown Mercy. 8 Blessed Are The Pure In Heart, For They Will See God. 9 Blessed Are The Peacemakers, For They Will Be Called Sons Of God. (matthew 5 :6-9)And This Is "the Will" Of Jesus For All Of Us :-"Father, Since You Have Given Them To Me, I Want Them To Be With Me Where I Am And To See The Glory You Gave Me, For You Loved Me Before The Foundation Of The World" (JOHN 17:24)May God BlessAmenFrom Watt

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(manichunter;53993)
Is your Salvation real?How do you know you are saved from death, hell, and the grave; and, you have been spiritually born again into a spiritual kingdom of God? What is the proof that your salvation is real and legitimate?
I believe on the One Who God sent, Jesus the Christ, the Son of the living God. He is how I know I am saved.
smile.gif
I'm like one of those tourists that wears one of those T-shirts that says, "I'm with So and So." You know the ones... those t-shirts where the wife's says, "I'm with So and So." Her shirt also has an arrow pointing in one direction (the direction of her husband). Then, the husband is wearing a shirt that says, "I am So and So."I am like the wife... the bride... that is wearing a shirt that says, "I'm with Jesus." That is how I know I am saved. I am with Jesus. There is no other reason I am saved.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(manichunter;53993)
Is your Salvation real?How do you know you are saved from death, hell, and the grave; and, you have been spiritually born again into a spiritual kingdom of God? What is the proof that your salvation is real and legitimate? Do you recognize anything here that proves you are saved? Which would apply to you?1.I was born to Christians parents.2.I attend a Christian church.3.I believe in Jesus.4.I was baptized.5.I have the inner witness of the Holy Spirit that spoke and speaks to me.
First, you have to receive salvation by receiving God's Spirit within you:-he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour (Titus 3:5-6)Then you simply have to find out if and how scripture teaches we know we have received that.The answer is given . . .While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. (Acts 10:44-46, see also Acts 2:4, 33, 19:5-6, John 3:8, Romans 8:15-16 etc)NOT for any of the other reasons you suggest. . . . then it's a case of walking in the Spirit / living that new life you have received.

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
This is going to be a non-biblical answer but here it goes anyway. I know I am saved because I have asked God to forgive me. I think about God all the time. At work, at home, when I am with friends. I want to know more about him I am hungry for the meat of the Bible. My attitude has changed and my thoughts on so many subjects since I have been saved have also changed. Every time I sin I feel absolutely terrible, I try not to sin (before I did not care) and stay away from things that I know will tempt me. I am a very different person then I was just a couple of months ago.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(manichunter;53993)
Is your Salvation real?How do you know you are saved from death, hell, and the grave; and, you have been spiritually born again into a spiritual kingdom of God? What is the proof that your salvation is real and legitimate?
Only the one who is saved really knows; it's not something that one can easily explained, its a personal relationship. Though, the Bible does give us some examples as proof of one that is saved, or has the Holy Spirit.Galatians 5:22-24 (ASV) 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law. 24 And they that are of Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with the passions and the lusts thereof.

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
I was saved when I was baptised. I became a child of God, and brought into the new Covenant. However I do not believe in OSAS so it is possible for me to fall into such serious sin that I have turned my back on God and if I die in that state I will go to hell.However if I did this I could repent (before I die) and receive God's forgiveness and be at right's with God again and so enter into heaven as Jesus promised.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(TallMan;54173)
First, you have to receive salvation by receiving God's Spirit within you:-he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour (Titus 3:5-6)Then you simply have to find out if and how scripture teaches we know we have received that.The answer is given . . .While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. (Acts 10:44-46, see also Acts 2:4, 33, 19:5-6, John 3:8, Romans 8:15-16 etc)NOT for any of the other reasons you suggest. . . . then it's a case of walking in the Spirit / living that new life you have received.
Wrong again. The weights you add to people are not weights that God has not put there. Please consider the following... Acts 19:1-6 and Acts 8:14-17.
Acts 19:1-6And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
First, notice that they were dicsiples before this happend (v.1).Second, notice that Paul points out that they have believed (v.2).Third, notice that it was *upon hearing* that were subsequently they were baptized, by faith (v.5).Fourth, notice that they didn't speak in tongues during or even because they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus... it was not until Paul laid his hands upon them them the Holy Ghost came, and they spake in tongues (and prophesied) (v.6).And finally, to further help you understand... please, please consider Acts 8.
Acts 8:14-17Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
First, notice that they prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost. We are told that they have already been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ (this happens in faith, when we believe).The baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, again, even more clearly here in Acts 8, preceded the receiving of the Holy Ghost (they are two different things), wereby consequently they would speak in tongues. However, take notice... we are not told that they spoke in tongues... it makes no mention of it. If you want to assume that they did, that is your call. However, we are not told that they did. It is however quite clear that the receiving the Holy Spirit (for empowerment), is a completely seperate act from being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. These are two seperate acts. Being baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ (believing on Him) is required for salvation. Speaking in tongues, and receiving the Holy Spirit for empowerment, is not. Neither can you prove that all who do receive the Holy Spirit for empowerment speak in tongues.Is this clear enough, I hope?